Protective Insurance Employee Reviews

Problems from the top down
Claims (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 27, 2018
Management needs a complete overhaul. Again.

Benefits are good...little pricey.

They start selling policies for new products before the claims department is ever prepared for claims to start coming in. That always creates chaos and a lot of employee overtime, stress, and burn out. Unfortunately, this results in a whole lot of mishandled claims for their insureds before the claims department is up to speed on things. This has been a repeat offense for many years now that they have never cared to learn from.
Benefits
Cons
I loved working within this company
APD Sr. Claim Payer/Claims Adjuster Cost Guard (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILNovember 18, 2018
I requested over a 18/20 month time frame to be be transferred to another part of the of the company on multiple occasions for various positions that i am truly qualified with no success. I reached out to ALL of my mangers with my intentions and desires, I received very little help. A great company otherwise.
Pros
Excellent processes and procedures.
Cons
HR willing to push good people to other slots they are capable of.
claims and litigation manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 23, 2018
could improve in many ways. upper management not very helpful, good old boy network, promotions based on who you know not what you no, protocol changes way too often
Company is great but the mangers sucks.
Form Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaJuly 31, 2018
Company is great but the mangers sucks. they harass you there at the job as well. and when they harass you they don't do anything about it. you can never talk to your managers because no matter what they have favorites and they don't care about what you have to say.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
Management always willing to help with any issues, good benefits, comfortable working environment,family-oriented, health incentives, transparency within all departments
Was very stressful and was not a good environment
Vendor File Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJuly 2, 2018
I don't know how it is now and if the whole company was like this, but the manager was not a nice person. The CEO even talked to me about the managers poor people skills. I left after six months and the person that replaced me left after three months.
Pros
I didn't have any pros
Cons
poor management
Very good Company
Internal Audit Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 1, 2018
I had a great experience at Protective Insurance. I really enjoyed the culture because of how flexible they are with working hours. I also liked that I never felt too overwhelmed or busy.
Great place to work and grow your career!
Med-Only Work Comp Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work; though things can get busy, there is a sense of teamwork. I only left because I had to relocate due to family illness and responsibility.
fun workplace, great people, great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
Protective is a great place to work. THey have awesome benefits, not just insurance benefits, but the company has a lot of different events that are fun for employees and families.
na
Underwriter Assistant/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2017
na• Perform credit and property analysis on branded revolving lines of credit submitted within the time frame established by departmental management.
Transition due to sell of RBC Insurance to Athend
Transition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2015
Job duties were to help transition business to new service company. I enjoyed working with the management team and co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protective Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about