Protective Insurance Employee Reviews

Provides great experience for interns
HR Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 20, 2019
Protective's Internship program is very well thought out and flexible to give its interns the experience they need to excel in the real world. They offer many activities such as Lunch and Learns to give interns experience with different parts of the corporate world.
All about the bottom line
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 30, 2019
Little to no recognition given from manager for a job well done. Focused only on the bottom line. When new ideas are presented they are either ignored or someone else takes credit for them. Interim CEO currently in place. Other top managers are scrambling for approval. Sad and funny at the same time.
Remote work is discouraged even when requested only occasionally and would improve productivity. Manager has favorites and it's obvious. Little to no opportunity for advancement.
Immediate teammates are great.
Amount of PTO for experienced people is low.
Pros
Teammates
Cons
Boys club of yes men
90's Culture
Associate Underwriter - Commercial Programs (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 13, 2019
There looking for Yes-people, It just wasn't a good fit for someone like me, I believe it was a personality conflict, I'm extremely driven and open. And from what I've seen over the last 11 months is a lot of careless turnover, Its great Filler job if that's what you're looking for. I just wanted more than to be at work from 8am - 5pm.
Pros
benefits, 401k, 10 PTO days
Cons
you're only allowed to use PTO increments of .5, Culture is terrible, only White people advance
Problems from the top down
Claims (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 27, 2018
Management needs a complete overhaul. Again.

Benefits are good...little pricey.

They start selling policies for new products before the claims department is ever prepared for claims to start coming in. That always creates chaos and a lot of employee overtime, stress, and burn out. Unfortunately, this results in a whole lot of mishandled claims for their insureds before the claims department is up to speed on things. This has been a repeat offense for many years now that they have never cared to learn from.
Benefits
Cons
I loved working within this company
APD Sr. Claim Payer/Claims Adjuster Cost Guard (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILNovember 18, 2018
I requested over a 18/20 month time frame to be be transferred to another part of the of the company on multiple occasions for various positions that i am truly qualified with no success. I reached out to ALL of my mangers with my intentions and desires, I received very little help. A great company otherwise.
Pros
Excellent processes and procedures.
Cons
HR willing to push good people to other slots they are capable of.
Protective is overall a good place to work
Director of IT Procurement (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 28, 2018
Although there have been frequent executive personnel and mission changes recently, the staff is very friendly and eager to assist fellow employees. Strong transparent leadership would improve the companies outlook.
claims and litigation manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 23, 2018
could improve in many ways. upper management not very helpful, good old boy network, promotions based on who you know not what you no, protocol changes way too often
Company is great but the mangers sucks.
Form Filing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaJuly 31, 2018
Company is great but the mangers sucks. they harass you there at the job as well. and when they harass you they don't do anything about it. you can never talk to your managers because no matter what they have favorites and they don't care about what you have to say.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
Management always willing to help with any issues, good benefits, comfortable working environment,family-oriented, health incentives, transparency within all departments
Was very stressful and was not a good environment
Vendor File Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILJuly 2, 2018
I don't know how it is now and if the whole company was like this, but the manager was not a nice person. The CEO even talked to me about the managers poor people skills. I left after six months and the person that replaced me left after three months.
Pros
I didn't have any pros
Cons
poor management
Very good Company
Internal Audit Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 1, 2018
I had a great experience at Protective Insurance. I really enjoyed the culture because of how flexible they are with working hours. I also liked that I never felt too overwhelmed or busy.
Great place to work and grow your career!
Med-Only Work Comp Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work; though things can get busy, there is a sense of teamwork. I only left because I had to relocate due to family illness and responsibility.
fun workplace, great people, great benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2017
Protective is a great place to work. THey have awesome benefits, not just insurance benefits, but the company has a lot of different events that are fun for employees and families.
na
Underwriter Assistant/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 31, 2017
na• Perform credit and property analysis on branded revolving lines of credit submitted within the time frame established by departmental management.
Transition due to sell of RBC Insurance to Athend
Transition Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 7, 2015
Job duties were to help transition business to new service company. I enjoyed working with the management team and co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protective Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.