Proterra Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 13, 2019
Good place to work and pay bills. Great benefits. Concerned Management.
Free food. Generous vacation policy.
Great People to work with and around. If I could I would stay for the rest of my life.
Pros
Bill's. Healthy food on Tuesday including Pears, Carrots, Yogurt, grapes, Cheese and Boiled eggs.
Cons
Start up Company..
People where cool at least some. To many young people
Manufacturing Associate I (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 17, 2019
Me personally my supervisor was horrible. Don't think she was fare. She had her lil group before I got there told them everything that was going on with me. Always told me I couldn't use my PTO Time because I was in my probation period. So whenever I had a doctor's appointment I would have to either come in late or levave. Which may sound ok but I traveled over an hour to get there. So who wants to be at a doctor's office for God no how long then drive for over an hour to get there.
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Management is awful
Bad unprofessional, disorganized company.
Forklift Operater (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 26, 2018
This place is terrible to work at. Lots of favortism. Give raises to people that does not deserve them. Very racist managers and H.R. No suspension for infractions, automatic termination.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
Lots of favortism. Very unprofessional company. Poor un educated managers across the board.
Associate (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CASeptember 7, 2018
The idea is good but the management lacks experience. It's always push push push but with no plan of how to be successful. If you like stress, poor management, and no support from management this is for you. No training, and h.r. always come Supper late. Everything is fake. Not everyone wears uniforms but they are supposed to.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Poor management
Poor Management
None (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2018
Numerous people have mentioned this company as having poor managers. I can believe it, because I know some of the managers that work there. And yes they are buddy system all the way.
Supply chain- National lead (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 29, 2018
No training, no proper work instructions, lots of favoritism, poor management, unqualified managers, no advancement. Upper management takes care of their known and buddy people, others are on their own no matter how good and hard they work.
Pros
Decent product
Cons
Very bad career advancement
Manufacturing
Material Expeditor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2018
Even though I was under contract it was an okay place to work. The manager I had she was not the nicest person to work for. Not a people person at all.
Terrible workplace
Full-time dump truck driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2018
Trucks were not up to DOT standards.
Dispatches were very inconsistent.
Hours were very inconsistent.
Yard was below state required standards.
Job was overall decent but not somewhere I would've stayed.
Good for a While, Needs Stability
Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 19, 2018
Good work environment, however management, investors, and presidents change yearly. Once business slows down, there is the possibility of a layoff or letting employees go.
Great teammates, Free Food, Poor Management
Electrical Associate 1 (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAApril 1, 2018
As a Electrical Associate 1 in City of Industry, CA when hired was promise review with raise after 90 days and didn't received until 6th month. Got hired at $15 and for the amount of work Monday - Friday 10 to 12 hour days plus force Saturday's 8 to 10 hours & some Sundays. Finding out that the South Carolina employees get hired at the same pay rate at the California employees and the Burlingame, CA get starting pay around $22 to $25. In California minimum wage is at $10.50 an hour & South Carolina minimum wage is at $7.50 and that a huge difference between them to be getting paid the same isn't right especially how expensive it is to live in Southern California. Management first started out strong and really helpful and fun then when stress started kicking in and deadlines weren't been met they would blame workers for not staying pass 12 hour days and working Sat & Sun. Management also had their own people that they would bring in like Supervisors and Production employees that would be like little spies for their Manager. I personally was let go for a issues they said could have cause harm to someone and I believe they wanted to just let me go because I was a person to always speak up about real issues that I had with any employees including management on how employees would take long breaks and never get a brought up. I also brought up to our own COO about what management was doing behind doors and handling employees. And I believe Managers and Human Resource all team up together to find out anything that they don't like about an employee just to terminate them asap. In  more... all honesty I had high hopes for the company to be my career and final resting place to retire. But after how they handled things and how HR doesn't look out for the employees right, I would prefer to stay away from here. I put in so much of my time and money to this company and it ended up tossing me to the curb.  less
Pros
Benifits, 120 Hours Paid Time Off, Stock options, work clothes included (5 shirts, 3 pants, boots and safety glasses
Cons
Management, Forced Saturdays & Sunday
Fast paced, always innovative company on the cutting edge.
National Director Customer Service/Consulting (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2017
Very fast paced environment. I was responsible for implementing several new systems, procedures and training programs. It was a startup company, which was growing at a fast pace.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, great founding CEO
Cons
Long work hours
Shifting management, each with different agendas and priorities
Mechanical Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 8, 2017
An extremely desirable product with unlimited sales potential; unfortunately, high-level corporate management is unable or unwilling to learn from experience and schedule delivery within factory/manpower capability
Pros
Good co-workers and low-level supervisors
Cons
A "do it or else, somebody else will have your job" atmosphere
Maintenance at Proterra
Facility Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 3, 2017
repaired facility
broken doors, installment of laser, building scaffolds, working with power tools, some welding
everyone here was friendly and very communicative
the structure was well organized
safety was top priority
hardest part was performing certain tasks alone
most enjoyable part was working with power tools
Pros
nice work environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
working projects alone
Reminds me of high school
Mechanic associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 28, 2017
The work is fairly easy but co-workers treat you like a kid floor leads don't manage work flow correctly no chance for advancement the management has a long to go
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Production Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 25, 2017
This was a production company where we built electric buses. It was a unique learning experience. I worked full time and some weekends. It is a fairly new company and they build buses for Florida and some areas of Nevada.
Pros
Great pay and great learning experience
Cons
A new company and extremely unorganized
New and Growing Fast
Validation Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2017
It's a fun and challenging place to work. The company seemed to be in a transition from creating a new product built around new technology to developing sound products.

There are good opportunities to have an impact on the product, but sometimes it seemed hard for things to get organized from some of the growing pains.

The people there were really nice. There were a lot of younger people there balanced with some more experienced leaders. The facilities were nice.
Pros
New and growing fast
Cons
some disorganization from the rapid growth
Fun job, great people to work with, bad management
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 16, 2017
Long hours, bad management of timing of bus. People who build bus are treated unfairly and people who screw up are not held responsible. The people I worked with were great. Company needs to fix some major problems.
benefits
Cons
To many hours being there. Was promised 4 10's but turned into 7 days a week and long hours.
Great culture, poor management
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 18, 2017
Fun place to work as an engineer. Nearly every engineer gets the chance to see there design hit the market and will support improvements. Management is this companies down fall.
Pros
Fun, exciting, pays well.... if you get a good manager
Cons
Stressful, aggressive deadlines with insufficient workforce is the name of the game here, manager for this position not a team leader and will run you out/throw you under the bus, no room for growth unless you apply for a different position within, HR is not there for you.
Young growing company- room for improvement
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 14, 2017
Good exciting concept that can grow into a revolutionary product in the automotive industry. . Young company with a bad work culture.
The management is sorry
Mechanical Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2017
The management would say one thing and floor supervisor would do another and job security/advancement was not good at all there was no job culture.
Pros
Cons
everybody worked against one another