Protiviti Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Commercial Credit Specialist/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
Great company to work with. I was a contract employee, but enjoyed my time with Protiviti. The team leader was knowledgeable and kept the team members informed.
Poor Management
AML (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2018
The management showed me they were biased and friendly with some consultants and not equally transparent nor friendly with others. The environment appeared to be in constant chaos and changes, and project managers did not appear to have clear understanding of client's objective. People with '0' experience were put in positions to review the work of seasoned and experienced professionals. Very poor management and direction and management showed favortism towards mexicans and latinos
Fun, Flexible and Challenging Place to work.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
Typical workday can be unpredictable. You do learn very quickly, though. You will be placed in various situations that will challenge you mentally and will sharpen all of your soft and technical skills. I would say that management is not great at retaining their seniors, there is a lack of care and other "important" things to worry about than helping train your senior to be a manager it seems. Work place culture is very fun. You fill like a family.
Pros
Flexible work schedules, most people actually care about you, variety of learning experiences
Cons
not great 401(k) benefits, poor management, structure cannot handle growth
Too much oversight by RHI
Consulting Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2018
I worked there a long time ago, but my experience was that RHI treated its consultants like we were the temporary workers they that made up RHI, and we had very little autonomy. Also, revolvolving door of director level and up. At times I had no idea who I worked for/reported to.
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyed my time at Protiviti
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
I did enjoy the people I worked with while I worked at Protiviti. At the end we had a difference in opinion on my advancement options. I decided to leave and work with my husband on our own business.
Pros
The People
Cons
Did not advance
Best consulting firm out there!
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 20, 2018
Great career advancement with a job culture you won't get at any other consulting firm. Travel should be expected in most of the solutions. Pay starts out lower, but increases quickly as you progress.
Protiviti
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2018
The only thing I did not like about Protiviti is the flexible work hours, there were none. They did not give you the opportunity to really own your career and be independent. You had to be at your desk 8:30-5:30, or upper management would tell you about it. You are also not allowed to work from home unless it snows. This could have just been for the specific office I worked for though. If you are someone who is looking for more freedom and flexible hours in a consulting job, I would not work here.

Other than that, everything about Protiviti was awesome. Especially the people and salaries.
Pros
People, Salary.
Cons
Flexibility
Good Job, Low Pay
Internal Audit & Financial Advisory Consultant II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 6, 2018
Great job for career advancement as there were well defined progression points for promotion and increased job role. Many people were the same age, which created a strong job culture. Company hosted many training sessions and after-work events. Typical day included traveling to client sites, sometimes up to 3 hours of commuting a day.
Pros
Culture, Career Advancement, Leadership
Cons
Traveling, Low Salary
Projects are dependent on what leadership can sell
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2018
I was hired to do something very specific, but haven't been able to actually do that since I started because none of those projects have been sold. The projects are fully dependent on leadership selling work, and because they are a smaller firm, the types of projects are limited. A lot of the work is becoming less-critical thinking and more loan staff.
inexperienced consultants made projects vefry difficult to manage
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2018
They wish to be competitive with the large public accounting firms by targeting graduates from accredited universities but the culture is unprofessional. If you want to advance in your career you need to basically sign over your first born. It is important to know that if you are an experienced professional going in, you will feel see and hear the culture differences between a lax organization and one that is professional. If you are fresh out of college this would be the place to work. Many of the engagement managers have zero experience managing people and their management style lacks professionalism. It is very disheartening. The client side is a breath of fresh air.
Pros
networking opportunity
Cons
Good place to start career
Director (Current Employee) –  Central RegionFebruary 13, 2018
Good environment to start your career. high growth opportunities to advance professionalism and your career. This is not your 9-5 job and OT and travel happens. Raises are decent and more than your 3% per year. Improving their benefits.
Ok place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Worked here for many years. Company has experienced growth and for the most part treats employee well. Could do a better job with benefits and work life balance. Have numerous social groups and team building events
Pros
work on various industries
Cons
benefits, Sales aspect of the job
Great Place
Senior Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2018
Protiviti provided me with many opportunities to get exposure to various industries and types of projects. Management was very approachable and made every effort to ensure your success and support you in any way possible. There are definitely strict deadlines and sometimes long hours, but overall, the company really focuses on making sure people have a life outside of work. Some projects may not be ideal, but they never last forever and you will likely end up doing something great in a few months.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Culture, Experience
Wrong place, wrong time
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 2, 2018
Joined an office outside of NYC area. Selling work in the area was very difficult as we were selling with NYC rates to non-NYC smaller client base. Collaborative work environment.
Pros
Great training and computer tools
Cons
If you can't sell work, office won't succeed.
Company came about due to Sarbanes-Oxley
Sr. Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
a lot of traveling, there's both on the job training, in-house and seminars. depending what area of the company you worked would decide the type of management styles. there were a lot of recent college graduates which made for many small social groups.

the hardest part is not knowing where your next assignment would be. learning how to audit different industries.
Pros
A-one audit training
Cons
A lot of traveling
Big Team Project
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 9, 2017
The work was stressful as the project was fairly new to everyone including the manager. Otherwise, the team was fun and helpful. The team do fun activities outside of work.
Anonymous
Audit Consultant - Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2017
Company is great for worklife balance and understanding personal situations depending on who the leader is.

Not enough encouragement to strive to be your best.
Good exposure to different environments and industries.
Great Place to Learn, Network and Build Your Career
Director of ERP Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
I have worked at Protiviti for over 12 years. I can't say enough great things about the people and the work. The one thing that stuck out to me more than anything else, was that despite being consultants each and everyone's number one job was to bring the person below them up to the next level. Having worked at other consulting firms and having many people at other firms, you just don't see that. It is truly an employee first culture.
Great CTO, Poor Advancement
IAFA Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 1, 2017
This organization is still growing and still has a long way to go. Many of the senior management team have been here from the start and have never left, which has created a "cult-like" environment. Most employees will only move up if favored by management, not for work efforts and skills; regardless how evaluations are scored. The CTO policy is great and there are many outside events, which creates a friendly environment. However, most employees only stay for 1-3 years and intend to transition to other organizations. Compensation is lower than other firms and you will work more than 45 hours a week.
Pros
Cto, Culture
Cons
management favoritism, long work hours, slow career development
Discriminatory and unfair corporate culture
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  BostonSeptember 15, 2017
Protiviti is boastful of an inclusive, progressive culture but it is painfully untrue. I found this organization to be managed by under-educated, stale, and discriminatory upper management. Not only do they not nurture your career, they systematically lie and lead you astray. If you're not a white/male/christian, I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
charitable work, fun environment
Cons
benefits, management, upward mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Protiviti. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight