Prototypes Employee Reviews

Great job
Intern Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 14, 2017
I had a wonderful experience here. I learned quite a bit and am grateful to have learned so much about working with single mothers. I was very grateful for the experience.
Rewarding work
Nope (Current Employee) –  not tellingSeptember 22, 2017
You get to help people that really need the help and this is very rewarding. It's awesome, the best place ever. The supervisors always have your back. They use cutting edge treatments and the doctor there is super cool and helpful. Most of the staff get along really well with each other. The clients are usually grateful for the help they get at Prototypes.
Babysitting not for me
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 3, 2017
Wonderful company as in what their values and mission is.
Working with those who have open cases with DCFS was hard and having your reports play a factor in them getting their children back was the hardest part. Therefore it lays heavy on you if you have children to go home too. Not worth the pay. Sometimes I had to babysit kids due to lack of staff or cook meals because no staff. Budget cuts I guess.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
babysitting
A way to give back
Kitchen Industrial Therapist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job..
it is rewarding to receive gratitude from the clients...
And to watch the women grow on a daily basis
A lot of patience and understanding
A good place to start off in your career
LMFT Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the staff and learning a lot about mental health. The coworkers were supportive of each other. I learned a lot about myself in working solely with adults. I learned I can make a difference and was supported through the process.
Pros
low pay
Cons
Could have provided more enticing benefit package
Prototypes enhanced many of the lives in the community by providing services for substance abuse, domestic violence, and mental health.
Substance Abuse Case Manager/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Prototypes was a wonderful to place to work. Everyone was client centered and focused on the needs of the client. In the department I worked, this entailed referring clients to substance abuse treatment if applicable. Our monthly meetings comprised of team building exercises which allowed staff from different work locations the opportunity to share skills as related to the team building project.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Overnight Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJuly 20, 2016
I enjoyed helping the clients work through their issues.
The director who had hired me in 3/2015 was fantastic. It became a difficult place to work when she left in 8/2015.
Pros
The job was a great learning expirience
Cons
Not enough staff
Family friendly
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2016
Prototypes offers great benefits and time off. They are very understanding of family matters. There is not much room for growth, but a great place to learn about mental health. Management is very understanding.
Pros
Meetings usually provide food
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Good Experience
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA 91767June 22, 2016
Working for Prototypes was a good experience and gave me a lot of knowledge. I enjoyed working with the clients and coworkers. This company does great things for people that need assistance.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
time given to complete documentation
Fun Fast Paced environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 9, 2016
Always meeting new challenges and overcoming them in a timely manner. Dealing with different people from different backgrounds and able to assist them to get the needs of the facility met in a timely and appropriate way. Able to confront and extinguish any problems that arise during work assignments
Pros
Lots of experience with working with people
Cons
Not everyone is succeptable to change or rule following
Gained a lot of excellent experience
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 24, 2016
Working at Prototypes allowed me to grow and gain excellent multi-tasking skills. In addition, my interpersonal skills have improved. The hardest part of the job is getting individuals with substance abuse problems to accept treatment. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the clients that we work grow and better themselves.
poor management, hight turn over rate, little support to staff
Senior Clinician (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 30, 2015
This is a very poorly organized agency that has a long and continued issue with retaining staff specifically supervisors. While I was at this agency (Pomona site -outpatient MH) I went through more than 5 supervisor which speaks volumes of the several problems with management. Due to the high turn over rate with supervisors, interns often missed out on accruing hours for the BBS and did not receive proper supervision. Clinicians here are often overworked and are provided with little to no training and are not acknowledged for the hard work they do. The director at this site unfortunately is not very supportive. What made this job worth while were the clients and coworkers. I strongly advise you look elsewhere if you are looking for a stable and supportive environment.
Pros
the work one does with clients
Cons
poor upper management team, little support, poorly organized agency
Exciting, challenging work. Very rewarding
Supevisor I (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 24, 2015
Rewarding work as peoples lives are being changed.
Supportive co-workers
Fast Paced
Hard to see people give up on themselves
Have learned to work through challenges.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
People not making it.
Very Enthusiastic
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2015
Great ability to teach others and learn. acquired good team working skills, learned to work under pressure, learned new systems.
Great experience
Community Health Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 14, 2015
A lot of intelligent people work at Prototypes that are very passionate about their work
- A great campus
- Collegial atmosphere
A passionate team and proud palce to work
Case Manager/Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2014
Do to contract stipulations and restrictions I was unable to continue in my position. However the most enjoyable work atmosphere and job opportunity thus far.
Pros
Everything was great about this job
Cons
Contract restrictions and layoffs
Good place to work at.
Certified Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 23, 2014
Case manage all day and make sure clients are following the house rules.
Pros
Clean and New
Cons
Lots of different viruses
its a volunteer job
parenting supervisor (Former Employee) –  pomona, ca.August 30, 2014
good working environment its a volunteer job. Its a job training program
Lack of communication. Burn out fast!
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 9, 2014
Poor management and total lack of communication between staff. They throw you into the job with no training. Employees are stressed, angry, and dump their work off on the newest staff. Client care is terrible, because no one has the time. They underpay and overwork their employees. Very stressful work environment with no manager support.
Pros
A couple of staff members that made it bearable and the clients.
Cons
Poor compensation and benefits, unhappy work place.
providing weekly meetings for staff support
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Culver CityFebruary 5, 2014
provided direct support to management and staff, trained new employees as well as assist patients with finding shelters
Pros
able to assist homeless women and children wth needs and provide nutrituous meals
Cons
stressful work environment at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prototypes. Our community is ready to answer.