ProVia

Working at ProVia: 26 Reviews

United States26 reviews

companygoodmanagementjobworkgreattimeprovia

Great Pay for the Area, no promotions unless Amish/Mennonite

Pay and benefits including PTO are significantly above average for the area. Management is decent to inept at keeping team morale up and workloads across employees fair and balanced. Constant nepotism, favoritism, and hiring practices not consistent with most professional job sites. Many family members and spouses work in the same facility often on the same shifts. HR often unaware of internal promotions and department transfers, often unaware of inconsistency with whom senior management promotes and why. Senior management mostly made up of long term Amish, former Amish and Mennonite employees, many who don’t hold a high school diploma or and college education for the role. Many judge mental and clicky Amish and Mennonite coworkers depending on the facility. Work is fairly straight forward and easy in production, but backbreaking in shipping. Would definitely not recommend the shipping department. Overall, good if you just want a job that pays well with good benefits, but don’t expect a career that’s fulfilling here unless you’re Amish/Mennonite or know how to navigate the corporate ladder well.

Pros

Free monthly breakfast, Great Pay, Good Benefits

Cons

Nepotism, Amish centric attitude towards Promotions, Inept/Unaware HR dept.

worst place I have ever worked

good wages and benefits, way to many Amish working there, they are treated well while the rest of us are just a number, some of the Amish are very nice and some don't care for white people, as they know we don't care for them, If you dislike the Amish do not work at Pro Via

Pros

decent wages

Cons

to many Amish

ProVia insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Working at ProVia was the best work experience I have ever had however I ran a route that had me gone several days and I wanted to be home every night, But I loved it while I was there great Christian environment with great management, I highly recommend this place

Pros

Awesome Christmas Parties, Great Pay, Friendly people

Cons

Ok people but management that needed improvement

Incentive based wages so you never knew what the paycheck would be. Certain people on the production line would work slow so they could get more hours and the rest of us were sent home. Very inconsistent hours

Not Impressed

Outstanding insurance benefits with suitable options for every employee. They do take into consideration what will improve employee's lives and are currently looking into ways to assist with childcare. Pay is average.Beyond that, ProVia operates in the dark ages. Schedules and remote options aren't flexible at all. Not much paid time off. Not even a way to take unpaid time off that I know of. I've missed so many family vacations working here.The company is growing and product lines are growing. The sales team is growing, but only with men. Not one woman is on the sales team of over 60 people and they won't hire any. They don't realize that employees want things money can't buy. The nonmonetary benefits are certainly appreciated. Childcare help is nice. Insurance benefits are nice. But people want what can't be accomplished with money. They want to be trusted and to have flexibility and to be listened to. Luckily there are more companies than ever offering these things.

Real servants of God,caring people,a praying environment

A excellent place to work.i regularly to people how good they where to me and my family..they care about you.. always willing to help you to attain your goals.inhave nothing but positive things to say about Provia

Beware if you don't actively engage in conversation they won't keep you

Absolutely no direction barely trained won't explain the entire job until they feel you're not doing it constantly watched cameras to observe everything you do and if you don't make friends they won't hire you

Cons

Constant surveillance, no direction, completely on edge wondering if they like you, nothing to do with your quality of work or attendance

Greatest place ever

Great purpose, mission and vision. I have never worked for a better company. Treated with respect, encouraged to grow and develop and always appreciated.

Amazing

Great Work overall took care of me when i worked in pro via in the past .very great employees to work with and overall pay was great. also alot of room for improvement and growing within the company as far as different positions, moving departments and changing different locations

The other employees are wonderful however management is horrible

If you want job security this place doesnt have it. If the higher ups don't like you, they will find a replacement for you and let you go. The reason they always give is you don't meet their values. Even if you have a positive attitude, at work everyday on-time, do your job, it doesnt matter. They can get away with this because they are an at will company.

Pros

Pay

Watch your back!

Was at one time a fantastic job. You really felt like the company valued its employees and would go out of its way to show it. It all changed when the owner stepped back and brought in outside management. We quickly became just a number. Advancement was risky also. Everywhere someone trying to find a way to undermine you and make you look bad. Was at one time one of the best parts of my life and became a nightmare. Also, I do believe many in upper management are Christian but they do not (and probably can't) operate with Christian principles. Makes them hypocrites.

Unorganized and behind the times

I feel like the company is a good but the management and organization is terrible. Won’t listen to anyone who is not Amish. Refuse to buy the tools you need for maintenance but will waste money in so many other ways.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Unorganized and unrealistic

Going Down Hill

ProVia seems like a good company from the outside looking in but a few years here and you’ll see that’s not the case. The Corona has brought alot of there problems to the surface and it’s going to be hard to look past. Some leaders wear masks like the guys of the man who started the company. Those guys are awesome and a good example in everything they do so this isn’t surprising. The prez/CEO won’t wear one and most of the VP leaders don’t either. Mixed messages, little concern. Makes employees feel confused and like the leaders don’t care about them. People at the company keep getting the virus but ProVia has everyone back in close spaces, no masks, no more plexiglass dividers in the plant, the rest of the country keeps their office employees at home as a precaution and we have the opposite. A lot of people are making plans to leave for different companies and even retiring earlier then planned because it’s just getting to be to much. Use to be great, now not really worth it.

Pros

Coworkers are great, nice lunchrooms and facilities, like the faith mentality and religious components, pizza party for safety, good benefits for employee and family, good corp wellness program

Cons

Leaders to make employees happy but only when it supports what they personally believe, not what’s best for employees or the biz, favoritism, not trustful

Could be worse and could be lots better

Some days are fun and its nice to be at the office but most of the time its boring and there's not much to look forward to day to day.They are a faithbased company which I respect. They use that foundation to do a lot of good for families and the community and employees. With corona I didn’t have the opportunity to WFH as long as some people and it didn’t take long to see so many people including me are much happier, more productive and experience less office drama working from home. ProVia is kind of behind the times it’s obvious they wont be more flexible with employees WFH 2 or 3 days a week even if it fits their life better. Anyway that’s why I’m here. Came to look for a new remote job and wanted to share my feelings. Lucky for me and many others I work with a lot of companies are now promoting remote work and making the shift that ProVia wont.

Pros

Community help, good food due to location, most employees are very nice

Cons

Like someone else said not much paid time off and not alot of flexibility for telework

Good Values and Enjoyable Work

The best part of Provia is the company culture. The owners, CEO and upper management care about their employees and seem to always be making improvements to keep employees happy and fulfilled. They also do a lot for the community. They put on events to help those in need and have a fund that employees can contribute to to help each other during financial hardships. They have worked really hard to make sure everyone could do their job from home during the pandemic. Very adaptible. I have only had to come into the office a few times during this time and they made it feel safe and sanitary. In the four years I have been at Provia they have always listened to employees and made changes they could to keep them happy. I think soon we will see more ability to telecomute because so many employees are hoping and asking for that.

Pros

Good work environment and culture, Great employees who care about each other and make the work day fun

Cons

Not a lot of PTO compared to other companies this is the only benefit that isn't good, I miss a lot with my kids and family trips because there isn't enough time off, More time off is the only thing I would leave provia for, Nothing more important than family

Great Company

I've been looking for a company like Provia for the last 10 years. Supportive management, friendly co-workers, team atmosphere, decent pay, low stress, and a wonderful culture. I don't ever see myself leaving. The company is growing and they seem to be doing it the right way!

Pros

Management, culture, and family atmosphere

Wonderful company

Production is one 6 hour day and 3 12 hour days. All others are 8 hour days. I learned how to drive a forklift,pack, quality control, operate a line,grind bad material and learned how to do inventory. We work together to get everything running smoothly. I love management. They work to help and make your more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job is time management. The best thing about my job is the people I work with.

Best Job I’ve Ever Had

I work at the Sugarcreek Plant. We work hard, have fun, and make great money. The Management really cares about the employees. The plant manager actually helped me through the most difficult time of my life. Hours can be long in the spring and fall, but they are better this year than they have ever been.

Horrible Management

They have lost some of the best employees, due to lack of management. They need to stop hiding behind religion, they are far from a religious company. I would never recommend their product or a job out their.

Dangerous and toxic work place

They lie to you in you’re interview. Everyone is promised something else and no one has ever gotten it. They do not promote from within. All about who you know. They hide behind Christianity as a way of coming off as good to the public. Plant manager ridicules employees and has several times physically grabbed employees.

Small company growing into a medium size one

Good company if you live in the area. A lot of new faces each month and sometimes they don’t know what to do twirl them. Definitely experiencing growing pains.

Pros

Positive work environment

Cons

Long days, no telecommunicate options depending on your department

Official response from ProVia

February 4, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review, we appreciate any feedback that we are given. As a whole ProVia is growing at a very fast pace and with that growing pains are inevitable. We are blessed to beable to continue to employee many new employees for current needs and future needs which may delay them from starting in those exact roles they were initially hired for. As the company moves forward as a whole we believe that each employee contributes directly to ProVia’s growth and success.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ProVia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare ProVia with

ProVia reviews by popular job title

• ProVia