Provide A Ride Employee Reviews

Love this company
Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHOctober 14, 2019
This was a great experience. If it wasn't for me having medical problems I would have never left. Management was always cool as well as my coworkers. Routes were easy and basically the same people every week.
Disbatch was horribe
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHOctober 2, 2019
You never rally knew when your day was over Disbatch was verbally abusive 5 cents raise after 1 yr the paycheck and hours were wrong miscalculated. Poor management
Fun work place
Transport Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2019
Great co-worker's great place to work wonderful supervisor's friendly environment great benefits great pay and room to grow. A service i would recommend to people with no problem.
flexible and reliable
Lead Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHAugust 13, 2019
I loved working for Provide A Ride. I started as a dispatcher and was quickly promoted to Lead Operations Supervisor. Provide A Ride gave me a lot of opportunities to grow and learn.
This job is what you make it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2019
Schedules are pretty flexible...the pay has improved greatly...there are opportunities for growth. You come in contact with different people every day, some can be frustrating, but most are not. The day goes by pretty fast because you stay busy.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling, being able to drive long distance
Co workers was funny
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2019
Did alot of traveling. Barely had breaks.had to worry about if the vans was going to break down or if the was going to make it that far.no matter how many times yo report a vehicle nothing changed.
Pros
Passengers was fun to drive around.
Cons
Unsafe vehicle
Productive workplace with a purpose
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHApril 19, 2019
Working here for several years and have had an opportunity to change roles throughout the business. I love what we do and if you put the work in you will be given an opportunity to develop yourself professionally.
Pros
Working Independently
Provide A Ride is a circus!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2019
Upper management is very unprofessional. The compensation is low yet they expect you to work like you are being paid at the rate of cost of living. If you are good at being a tattle tale or kissing up, then you will probably fit right in. Otherwise find a career and not just a job. Pay, benefits, work environment and overall experience is horrible.
Pros
Cons
Compensation, Management, Work Atmosphere
Very Stressful
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 20, 2019
This is the kind of job you take when you just need something until you find something else. The pay isn't great. They give you two ten minute breaks, which is just time to go to the bathroom.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Short Breaks
Poorly managed
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensville hts ohioOctober 10, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this as a full time job to anyone due to how company operates and the way staff communicates with driver employes and pay is totally not enough to maintain home and family especially during the summer months hours cometely decrease
Pros
May not receive lunch time
Cons
No immediate benefits
it a job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2018
pick up and drop off disabled passengers for the most part l like the job but ive been here going on ten years and only make $1 more than when i started
Pros
working independently learning cleveland meeting and helping people
Cons
pay
provide -a-ride has very poor equipment
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2018
I would love to work for provide a ride again if given the opportunity , I would prefer to work with regular clients and not wheelchair clients. and it would be a lot easier to work with a schedule than work day to day because I am a mother with a busy schedule.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
employees do not have a set schedule
Underpaid
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 21, 2018
Provide A Ride doesn't pay their drivers enough for the job drivers do. They consider full time employment hours to be 30+ hours per week. You have to call in EVERYDAY to find out your start time for the next day.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Loved the people and job was fun..but a lot of hours. And once I became a Supervisor it became very stressful. I would love to be driving again. But over all love the people.
Pros
great people
Cons
stress on management sided
Provide a Ride
Passenger Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Excellent professional work environment. The employees and staff are available to assist the new driver adjust to the work procedure.
Management has been very accommodating in work scheduling.
Inefficient
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I actually liked driving for Provid A Rde! Except I was hired as a Lorain county driver & never told I’d be driving all over the state of Ohio! It was stressful because of that! I would not have accepted the position if I had been told that! I liked the supervisors & other coworkers but the stress of going from Lorain county to the east side of Cleveland was too much! More time in an empty van than actually transporting a client! Very inefficient!
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Dispatch runs were inefficient!
Productive workplace
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Great place to work. Started off as a driver, am now an operations supervisor. There is room for advancement within the company. I love my job and my coworkers
Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 23, 2017
This is a company that is fast paced and not considerate of its employees. Mandatory overtime is unreasonable, company reduces employee break time and lunch times while increasing hours.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHAugust 20, 2017
I would have been wonderful if it was ran with more compassion for the atmosphere which includes employee and customer appreciation I disagree with the professionalism of the company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2017
Working here was a great experience and I wouldn't mind working for them again. Hours were a little long but overall the management was excellent and very professional real family orientated.
Pros
Customer interactions
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provide A Ride. Our community is ready to answer.