Providence Health & Services
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from Providence Health & Services:

Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

United States441 reviews
Friendly and collaborative caregivers.
Dedicated to the mission, giving back to the community is a great feeling. High demand and significant workload forces long hours just to keep up. Friendly staff and very collaborative culture
Pros
Meaningful work, community minded, safe and caring
Cons
Work/life balance, heavy workload and
It was an honor to work there
The people were what made it such a great place to work there, the workload was extremely busy, but a great team of people! I left because I needed of weekends and was unable to take call overnights.
Easy to get burned out..
If you exceed 4 “unplanned absences” in a YEAR (sick, family emergency, have to leave early) you are let go as a contractor. A typical day is coming in and looking at the call queue and over 50 people are waiting in line for tech support. If your phone call exceeds 10 minutes, you are expected to explain your phone call over chat to your leader. In between calls, you cannot exceed 1 minute of “after call work”. And you pick up calls back to back, all day. 2 15 min breaks, one lunch break. Once you finish new hire training, there is no additional training. You are expected to just pick things up as you go along because there are always calls waiting. If something changes, they will just send out an email, which you never have time to read anyway since you have to always be on the phone.
Caring place to work
I have been with PHS virtually my entire career and have never thought of working anywhere else. My staff are amazingly supportive of each other and willing to go above and beyond for their patients. My manager is kind and fair and always has my back. The Mission and Values of the organization is present in everything they do and say.
Worst job ever
Horrible management that does not support the employees very hostile working environment...for an organization that claims to be catholic and care about commcommunity and people they do a very poor job of showing it especially the management in the kitchen they could not care less about the employees as they are to caught up in the drama like I said worst job I've ever had
Pros
Cons
Very poor management
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
A typical day at work
A typical day at work includes supporting the clinical staff at the various physician practices. This includes training staff on the Athena electronic health record system as well as answering support calls.
Great Employer
They value their mission, core values as a whole. They care about our caregivers we support as much as they care for those that serve the caregivers. Great non profit organization.
Very interesting work
Was salaried, but work started at 9:00 am and ended at 6:00 pm. Made calls to interview persons we were investigating and explained what was going on. The purpose was not to charge them with anything, but to help them do their dictation to cover what they were coding.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining a relationship with my co workers.
The micromanagement and discrimination was unbearable
Company went from great to miserable as soon as the new manager took over. She immediately eliminated job satisfaction and senority, then began promoting young inexperienced new hires that she knew and favored over loyal, tenured, experienced employees. Those who didn't jump ship by "choice" were systematically forced out by previously caring supervisors. The culture is the worst I've ever experienced.
family
this company actually follows its mission statement
i have worked here for over 7 years i left for a year and came back "Home" is what my coworkers say it is a family enviroment great team work
Philanthropic organization
Company placed employees first but money was always tight and salary was not comparable to other health organizations. Benefits are good, but they do not provide paid holidays. Instead, you are expected to use PTO if you want to get paid for the day off
Pros
They provided free lunches monthly
Cons
Some providers are indifferent but that's with any medical office
Very Fun
Very fun place to work. work from home and good leadership. would work there again in the future. Very pleasant environment tht=at is very good to work at. good peoplem
Before this boss it was great
I was laid off for being pregnant. Was harassed by my boss when I won the appeal of the decision and was denied childcare upon my return. If you can avoid the float pool at St Vincent, you’ll be fine. It was a great company if things were good. But when it was brought to HR’s attention this managers behavior, they worked quickly to cover theirs and her a**.
No pay raises, in 3 yrs
Over worked, and way under pay, management don't care about employees only worried about getting more patients which means more money for corporate, never gives more Than a 10 cent raise a year, their the worst.
Love it
When u leave another company to work here you'll be Happy.I fel like i actually belong somewhere. I can work and feel appreciated. So a good job and enjoy showing up again.
I was on contract for a year. I enjoyed working there.
The Good:
My overall experience was great. I loved working with my team.

The only draw back is that the project wasn't extended due to lack of funding.

The Bad:

Like all mergers, the company was going through changes. Many Co-workers were let go, due to restructuring .
Great environment
If you enjoy working with the elderly in a clean environment, this is a great place to do so. Variety of jobs in different fields available from CNA’s to PT’s whatever your skill sets are, there are opportunities with this company.
Purpose driven company.
Generally supportive and inclusive work culture. Decent, engaged people who are friendly and ethical. Expectations are reasonable and there is definitely an environment where success is achievable.
This company loves to help the poor, vulnerable, and thinks about not just patients, the employees
Providence is an amazing company to work for. I had 2 family loss in one year; my Father and youngest child. Providence was very thoughtful. The staff are very caring, compassionate for others, and offer nothing but healing and love for all.
I love volunteering here.
I have been volunteering here for 6 months now and absolutely love it. It has a great staff and great management, and has a very welcoming environment.
Wonderful management and company to work for
This is the best place I have ever had the opportunity to work. I have learned a great deal about CDI from the education we are given as well as from my coworkers.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Providence Health & Services.