Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Found 1,162 reviews matching the search See all 1,206 reviews
Great Intern experience.
MA Intern (Former Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 16, 2018
I was an intern at on eof the clinics. Great people and company. Everyone was willing to teach. I enjoyed learning and being part of a great team. I would recommend providence health.
hostile work enviroment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 15, 2018
The current management fosters a hostile work environment, with bullying and favoritism. Constant feeling of being "watched" and lack of support to new staff
Pros
does reward for certifications
Cons
terrible health care coverage for a health care system.
Management is absolutely the worst
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 12, 2018
The providers and for the most part staff were great! The managers were horrible ! Mine was anyway ! Had no idea how to write a schedule! Allowed the people I worked along side to come and go as they saw fit ! Constant battle ! Seemed to not be able to manage anything ! He would only say what was needed to be said to get out of the room and let people walk all over the department ! Employees were allowed to walk out in the middle of shifts leaving the department at risk as we are the support of all Providence facilities ! The HR department is not available in fact we as operators weren’t allowed to have the local office number for HR even though they hid themselves across the street in an un marked building ! Several employees would just not come to work for 4-5 or even 7 days and get away with it ! Leaving one or two people to work them all ! Never take corrective action when necessary ! The list is long ! It’s a joke you had no way to ask for help from anyone as it’s the good old boys club and they stick together ! If there were sisters still running the place things would be different ! Non profit my foot !
Pros
The hospital doctors seem to be professional and the medical care good
Cons
Good old boys club !
Very productive and supportive staff
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAOctober 10, 2018
Providence was a great place. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to leave. I lived in Sherman Oaks, and relocated to North Edwards, as my husband was hired on at US Borax, aka Rio Tino.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Seaside, OROctober 9, 2018
I truly enjoy working at Providence Health and Services. I love working with the patients and my coworkers. I like being challenged at my job. The vacation accrual is great.
Productive and mission driven workplace.
pharmacy sevices (Current Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 8, 2018
Productive workplace. Management are always visible for questions about policies and procedures. Fun and helpful co workers. Flexible working time schedule . Always follow our mission.
Mission driven health care
Nurse Case Manager- Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAOctober 6, 2018
Providence is a mission driven health care provider with a priority to vulnerable populations. Provides opportunity for employee advancement. Foundation provides services to under served.
Pros
provides andvancement
Cons
urban based medical centers
Providence in Montana was a wonderful experience. No place is perfect, but I felt incredibly valued and supported.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 5, 2018
Absolutely worth a try in Montana! It has it's problems, as any place will, but overall I felt appreciated and it was a great fit. I only left because I was forced to relocate for my family. Otherwise I would still be there.
nice place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 4, 2018
Providence St vincent hospital is a good hospital for cardiac and acute care patient .
It is a teaching hospital and intern and residents are there most of the time and make it a good teaching facility.
Have a on site bank and pharmacy is helpful for the people who works there as well as patients needs.
New nurses are weocome but older nurses are not as appreciated for the most part.
Management is usually top down and mot as demodcratic as it wants to be.
I think it is a top down management for the most part
Pros
nice place to work with on site parking for employee
Cons
most of the time very busy with a lot of people
Currently employed
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Medford, OROctober 3, 2018
I love the culture at Providence and my coworkers. I enjoy days talking and working along side them because they are my family away from home. I spend a large portion of my day at work so i am glad i have amazing people to work with and providers.

Want to know more about Providence Health & Services?

Ask a question
Frequent hiring freezes
IS Customer Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 1, 2018
Very difficult to advance from within. Frequent hiring freezes. Money problems within the company. Poor leadership management skills. Staffing issues. Easier to be hired for positions outside of the company than within the company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hard to advance
Micro managed atmosphere
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 28, 2018
With the merge with St Joseph atmosphere is very “managed”. Cubes must look a certain way, scripted verbiage is now a requirement for patient calls. Calls are recorded and scored to ensure use of scripted sentences. Went from atmosphere of empowerment to one of “stepford wife” mentality.
Pros
Decent wages.
Cons
Rigid control of break and lunch times, must log in and out of phones to use restroom.
Not fun
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 27, 2018
Favoritism by management rules here. Better learn to kiss butt. Hard work, stressful on body. You cannot sit at all. Feet hurt all the time. Benefits are good though, most people in the other departments are nice.
Pros
benifits
Cons
Managment need to take managment classes.
average medical business
Clinical Research Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 26, 2018
No bad or good, very average. Standard benefit package that is regular across all medical centers, nothing special. Very unstable, regular lay offs...
Pros
a lot of available potions
Cons
revolving door
Great place to work.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 26, 2018
Core Values and Mission statement are held in a high standard. Caregivers respect and support one another. Promotion criteria is adhered to which benefits the strength of the work environment.
Pros
Team atmosphere
Great work place that really emphasizes work-life balance
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 24, 2018
Providence is a great workplace. Providence provides great benefits and really put an emphasis on your work-life balance. Team leaders are great, they are very supportive of your career goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to do something different every day and further improve my skills.
Pros
Benefits, Flexible hours, Friendly Environment, Paid time off
Cons
Job Security
Productive work environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 24, 2018
Providence is a wonderful place to work. The employees are very knowledgeable. Every one is so friendly and willing to help each and every person. Patients of every age and background are treated respectfully.
Pros
Friendly and clean
Cons
Distance from home
Working independently remotely providing 99% accuracy to medical documents,
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Remotley for all of Providence Health & ServicesSeptember 23, 2018
Working independently deciphering medical providers dictations, understanding various accents and styles of language. Management was supportive when learning new programs providing very good training during the process and showed compassion during personal life struggles.
Pros
Worked remotley, health benefits, incentive pay
Don't be fooled
Laboratory Assistant 2 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2018
I am reminded of an old saying "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". There is no communication and no one wants to put in any effort to fix issues. There is no uniform way of doing anything so no one is ever sure of how to deal with the not-so-routine situations that pop up, but if you get it wrong, someone's health can be at risk. The favoritism and nepotism makes it so that you can't report anyone, even to the "anonymous" integrity line.
Pros
bus pass, health benefits
Cons
"clique" culture, "fail upwards" mobility
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  seattle, WashingtonSeptember 21, 2018
No sympathy on employees even if you got injured manager will tell you to come the next day if you feel that something is still hurting, management doesn't care, always understaffed, too much workload, bosses have no respect on their employees, very stressful. Worst experience ever to work here. No wonder even their Director of Nursing quit.
Pros
their medical insurance is the only thing that's keeping them up
Cons
Poor management, underpay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

51out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Providence Health & Services.

Powered by Comparably