Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work and people to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 21, 2019
The floor I work on is team oriented and takes pride in every thing they do for our patients and their care. It is constantly busy making the day go by fast. Getting to see my patients get up and walk out is the best part of my job.
Pros
Good benefits, great people to work with
Cons
not a lot of down time to get charting done
good staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  PRMCE Everett, WAFebruary 20, 2019
reasonably good place to work. Currently reducing employee benefits and taking away employee EIB without reimbursement. Suggesting employees pay for parking. Reducing employee discount in cafeteria
Higher leadership does not listen
Employee (Current Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WAFebruary 20, 2019
Higher leadership refuses to listen to their lesser leadership or caregivers. There is no discussion on process improvements. Leadership does not listen tibstaff needs. Morale is low.
Pros
Caregivers can work from home while in office has flexible schedule.
Cons
Management does not. They are expected to work OT with little work/life balance./
Things were great until I moved into administration.
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 20, 2019
Over worked. Extremely stressful. No upper management communication. Horrible work flows. Was put down by management when reported harassment about my sexuality that came from upper management. Bottom line- they only care about money and not the patient or the employees.
Cons
Expected to take breaks but with no relief. Got penalized for speaking out.
Stresful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 19, 2019
Not a good place to work at if you want to grow and make good money, some patients will treat you foul and humiliate you be ready to do more work than expected management does not care and will not care on ideas for improvement supervisors are the worse Co workers are hard to get along with as most think that they’re better than you providence works on a budget so good luck getting a raise vacation daysgo based on your pto as well as holidays which by the way you don’t get most holidays off
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of management
Loved working in Memory care for Providnce
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oregon stateFebruary 19, 2019
Providence is a great place to work as long as you or a family member doesn't get hurt or sick.
I was employed for over 13 years with Exceed Expectations on my annual reviews until new Adminastrator replaced the One I had the first 10 yrs.. I was chosen for nemises, she would nic-pic everything I did, never got am exceed expectation again. I never knew why she didn't like me but I was absolutely shocked the day I reported to shift and was pulled into her office and told I was fired... I was in disbelief I couldn't even find words to ask why.
Later I called H.R to ask what they put on my file as to why I was fire and was told:
"Um thats weird, It doesn't have a reason for the termination, it just says not rehirable" my response...that sounds bad.
The only thing that makes sense is it was more cost efficient to get rid of me (and my spouse and my insurance policy) because his medical treatment was getting above $100.000.. They could fire me and hire my replacement for less then $14.00 an hour.
Pros
education of dementia care
Cons
fired without cause
Mission Vision focus
Consultant, Benefit Analytics (Current Employee) –  West CoastFebruary 18, 2019
A typical day for non-clinical corporate workers begins at home checking e-mail on the phone before leaving for the office.

The office cubes are not super tall so everyone has an opportunity to say hi but generally, the culture is such that people keep to themselves unless cornered near the water cooler/coffee machine or break room.

Management is approachable and people are friendly.

The hardest part of the job is effectively communicating with colleagues across multiple physical locations and offices.

Most enjoyable is working with an organization that can help people in a genuine way.
A lot of talk. Not a lot of action.
DRT (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 17, 2019
There are great people that work here but the overall satisfaction is below average. They are money driven but do not offer ample wages. I've been with this company on and off for more that 5 years and nothing has really changed.

Most recently we had meetings about changing the pay structures but it has been 4 months with no changes made. The work loads on each person is far above what each person can handle and some newer employees are making more than those who have been here for 10+ years. Some people have but one or two tasks throughout a day where as others have 6-10 and they are expected to get it it done in the same amount of time.

Managers are even overwhelmed and some have more than they can handle, their guidance is lacking and the training is as short as possible to quickly move people into their roles before training can fully be completed.
Pros
No shortage of work, mostly pleasant employees
Cons
Substandard training, unreliable co-workers
Bad management hires more bad management
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 16, 2019
My first nursing job was at Prov. It was hit and miss as to whether or not a unit had a good nursing manager. Some gaslighting by management. Lots of good people, but the bad overshadowed them.
If you like supporting apps in 5 states?
Senior Radiology Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 15, 2019
I would suggest applying for am IT position with this healthcare facility. If you can handle the cross Swedish/Providence issues, you'll be fine. I would recommend Providence as a good place to work.
Pharmacy Department
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 14, 2019
The greatest part of the job is the coworkers and the mission. However, leadership is rather incompetent in their planning and ability to manage people and projects. Management is not receptive to employees raising concerns. Employees are expected to blindly follow the choices of management regardless of whether or not it is morally or ethically correct. Patient safety is not a priority here.
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Poor management, unreasonable workload, retaliatory actions against employees for raising concerns
great place to work
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKFebruary 14, 2019
working at providence was very pleasant , other employees were very helpful and skilled management was very flexible with family and appointments issues , very helpful with job duties if needed.
THE most frustrating job ever!!
Home Care RN (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Home care patients go home from the hospital so sick and are NEVER discharged with the required supplies for the first home visit! Providence management feeds you a line in orientation about the patient coming first, but not in home care! Then management tells the staff that “It’s only going to get worse, not better”! Great morale booster!!
Unrealistic expectations are put on nurses to chart in “real-time” and have all charting done by 4:30... you know, for work/life balance of course!! Yeah, right.. after driving long distances in LA traffic, struggling to case manage patients when you can’t get through to a physician, and then be told you can’t work overtime... Oh except you’d better sync your computer at night & call your patients to set up visit times, then do it again in the morning because something has inevitably changed... YUP, and all of that’s OFF the clock!! It’s a freaking 24/7 position!! New boss Is checking times some nurses chart in the evening (actually only on the ones they want to fire) and then write them up for it while their colleagues are being held to a different standard. Why don’t you check every nurse’s computer?? Unbelievable!!
Honestly, who would even sign up for a home care job if it weren’t for the flexibility?? NOBODY!! I hope Providence is prepared to lose some pretty fantastic nurses, because they deserve better, and so do the patients!!
Pros
Some nice coworkers, some lethal
Cons
Pathetic amount of paperwork with OASIS!! Micromanaged to the max!
Lack of hours
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 7, 2019
Lack of hours, short on staff and overworked.
They started to cut down our hours, they’d send nurses and other staff members home.
My current location is in KY
I hope people in other states are doing better than us
Cons
no hours
Respiratory Therapy
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 6, 2019
Poor management and leadership. Stressful and negative work environment. Inappropriate workplace culture. Short staffed most of the time and mandatory overtime is required. Ability to advance and train throughout special units is limited. The pay was the best part.
Pros
Cafeteria and Thomas Hammer Coffee, strong security measures in hospital/safe environment, free and safe parking
Working for PH&S
Credentialed Trainer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 6, 2019
A typical work day would include meeting with the manager and receiving new work request. Since I am a trainer, I have to review all updates to new curriculum, plan my class presentations, schedule my students for classes, grade students progress. Management is not knowledgeable about the IT curriculum and depends on me to keep abreast of the changes. The most difficult part of the job is registering students in the Learning management system. All upgrade material is developed by the Corporate office located in Renton Washington. Since our office is in California, the health care regulations are different, therefore we must modify the workflows.
Pros
Great culture and friendly staff
Cons
As a contractor, we do not receive benefits
We were one big happy, dysfunctional family.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WAFebruary 6, 2019
I was a cook for the patients.
Learned to cook and produce healthy meals in a timely manner.
We were like a big family.
I liked working with everyone and getting to know the other employees of Providence.
The insurance that they provided for my husband and I was some of the best coverage.
Pros
I knew what I was doing on a daily basis.
Cons
The management needs to work a litter harder on being appreciative of the hard working employees.
Good benefits
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 5, 2019
If you take pride in your work and want to be a team player you will be great.

Be open to learning EPIC, its the latest computer system across healthcare, and a good one.
N/a
Inpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 4, 2019
Providence needs to be more competitive with pay and benefits.
Communication can be poor which leads to unnecessary stress in a remote work-from-home environment. The training is excellent.
Pros
Training
Cons
Overall a great place to learn and feel comfortable.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 3, 2019
Management and employees were a pleasure to work with. You immediately are welcomed into the team and treated well, which made the workplace enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss