Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,106 reviews matching the search See all 1,164 reviews
Set up for failure
Contract Recruiter/Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 19, 2018
My position changed while I was at Providence and I was not given the correct information. My supervisor made promises that were not upheld and then my position ended without warning. This affected my personal and work relationships
providence
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
this was a great job for me but due to moving thats why i dont work here anymore wish i could of stood. the crew was awesome to be around and the customers were polite.
The most stressful job I've ever had
Patient Relations Representative - Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 17, 2018
Working at Providence was the most stressful and demeaning job, I have ever had in my 20+ years of working in customer service. No management team ever provided proper training of their systems every manager blamed the employees and never themselves, and the raises were either nothing at all, or pitiful. In 3 years some people saw a total of 45 cents, and never 1 or 2 dollars unless you attained a new job. The entire job was laughable, as there was no real communication about your performance until you were in trouble. A friend of mine, who I thought was darn near perfect, was immediately brought up on several complaints when one person claimed that he was yelling at him.

Funny thing is, my friends and I all stood up for him and let management know that he had never yelled at her, and he was STILL written up for something that had occurred over 5 months prior. Even now, I hear that the management will have you doing enough work for 3 people, for a measly 17 bucks an hour and think that they are the best in health care. What a joke. I left and went to Kaiser where I make a way better salary, and do a lot less.

I cannot tell you how many people I've met who love their job at Kaiser in comparison.
Personally, I'm a lot happy going to work, instead of feeling the dread. We had a lady at another clinic tell their boss to "F off" (Going PG here) because of how bad she was treated in her 4 months of being there, and quit.

If you need a job, I guess go for it. However, I am HAPPY that I quit earlier this year.
Pros
8 hour shifts, and 1 hour lunch
Cons
Management, non-competitive pay structure, lack of a reason to stay with the company, no way to move up, easy to be fired.
Providence in Washington
Behavioral Health Outpatient Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJune 15, 2018
Great place to work, forward thinking strategic minded, good staff relations. paid well for the position, ability to provide feedback, culture of excellence
Pros
culture
Fast Paced
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 15, 2018
For the most part, the people and care of this hospital are great. Management was hostile in my department, but this was not the same in all departments.

This was answered in another review, so duplication doesn't seem necessary.
Pier Diem Position
Per Diem Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 15, 2018
Providence has a good reputation and overall good core value's. I applied for numerous positions and was offered a Scheduling position for Diagnostic Studies. The job as a Scheduler was never a good fit for me. It is a Call center position. The work was repetitive, no hands on with patients only via phone. I am actively seeking other positions with Providence. This is a good position for someone who likes working on the phone & computer doing nothing but scheduling test's and sitting at cubical being Micromanaged.
poor pay
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 13, 2018
Typical day at work involves delivery of supplies and equipment in an accurate and timely manner while meeting supply chain productivity goals throughout the servicing ministry. The management is sub par and the workplace culture is poor. The pay is very poor. I don't recommend this job to anyone.
benefits
Cons
pay
Wonderful organization that serves community
Director, Patient Accounting (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 13, 2018
Providence serves the community and heals the whole person. They do not differentiate in the care provided to patients based on his or her ability to pay. Truly a pillar in the community.
Analyst Charge Master Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 13, 2018
Providence was a good place to work. I learned a lot about the health care industry and they were good at hiring from within. They gave opportunities but sometimes did not give timely feedback
great place to work
Clinic Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 11, 2018
culture is great. lives by their mission. opportunity for growth, job does require attending monthly meetings and a little bit of driving. great support
Productive quicked paced work
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 11, 2018
My boss was a great boss to work for. I would like to work there again there again the only issue I had was other employees liked to gossip and I was never a fan of that.
Very good management and teamwork
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 11, 2018
Providence values their vision and mission very much. They respect every employees and they have very good management and great team of workers. They have good volunteering opportunities as well.
I loved working with providence for many reasons
Customer service Medical collections (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 9, 2018
I learn a lot from working with providence I believed that job geared me for where I am today knowledge wise. I am forever grateful for the opportunity.
n/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 6, 2018
Days are filled with numerous people coming in and out of the hospital so you have to keep it at its best at all times. Most days are just cleaning rooms mopping floors.
great opportunity
HR ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 6, 2018
Glad I had this opportunity, I was sad to leave bc the team was my family! I really enjoy what I do and I am not just here for a paycheck. I like helping people on a daily basis ex)phone or online and the management isn't nit picky which makes a huge difference in job satisfaction.
Pros
Great team, pto etc
Cons
merger
The hardest part of the job.
PB Specialty Coder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 5, 2018
The hardest part of the job is productivity. The productivity is increasing yearly and most of it becomes the minimum. Sometimes you are not able to concentrate on accuracy but we need to produce more because the business is growing.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Remote job and tne main office is in Portland, OR. We always missed the fun.
Providence is a great company
Health Care Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 5, 2018
The core values and mission statement are what I like the most about Providence.
I have been blessed to work for this company and hope to continue my career within Providence. Currently looking for a position to fulfill my desire to use my coding skills.
Coworkers
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 4, 2018
I love the people I work with. They have become family to me. I love that my days are very productive and I love to be extremely busy. The hardest part is the nit picking between some of my coworkers and their work ethics. They allow people to become management without formal training. They change their minds on how to process information so frequently it affects patient care. So much more revenue could be brought in if they were more consistent.
Pros
Encourage break times
Cons
Management with no formal training. No consistancy.
Co workers made it worth while
Real Estate Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2018
The people you work with make it worth while. The pay is NOT competitive and raises are minuscule. You get promised advancement and more money but it never comes.
Overall Providence is great place to work, grow and learn from
CMA (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 31, 2018
The team was great. Everyone was about being a Team player. The culture is about everyone working to reach the same goal which is making sure the patients needs are being taking care of. The Providers are great. I loved that they like to teach you, to help you to really understand what we are doing for our patients.
The hardest thing about our jobs is that we spend a lot of time on the phones handing prior authorizations, referrals and faxing chart notes and that should be done by staff who just focuses on that so that we can focus on the patient while in clinic.
The most enjoyable part about the job was my co-workers and Management. They were always encouraging to everyone and had an open door policy.
Pros
work life balances and major discounts with major retail companies and more
Cons
Not enough time in the day for all of the admin work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight