Providence Health System, DC Employee Reviews

Poor upper management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  DCApril 8, 2019
600 people lost there jobs. And those responsible, are still there working. They saved their own next at the cost of many.
It is shameful ,but you are all blinded by your greed.
Don't worry God sees all.
Good Work Environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INApril 6, 2019
When I was working there. The company was called Amicana. Good place to Work. I learned a lot from them. I relocated too Baltimore MD. But I enjoyed working there
Loved my job
Senior physical therapist (Former Employee) –  1150 Varnum st Washington,dcMarch 18, 2019
Loved working in acute and subacute dept,a good company to work for,good learning environment and room for growth. Great working atmosphere, amazing staff and great institution with great benefits and flexible hours
Pros
Loved patients and staff
A great Hospital!
Senior Respiratory care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 7, 2019
Providence Hospital has been very rewarding. There are so many things that positive in the work environment that's its hard to describe. I don't thing there are many negatives. The work place culture has been very supportive my career.
Pros
Great Medical Staff
Cons
It's closing
Pay
Director of Quality (Former Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 18, 2019
The pay at Providence was low compared to the other organizations in the Metro area. Considering what some of my counter-partners in the community was making I was on the low end of the pay scale.
Poor
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 10, 2019
No engagement and teamwork is part of the culture in Providence Hospital. The work environment was toxic and very conflictive between staff. Was not a good place to work
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
Ophthalmic tech
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2019
GOOD•Assist physicians in performing diagnostic tests (Tonometry, Lensometry, COT, auto-refraction, ERG, Optos, pachymetry, visual field), record the patients results and print for the physicians, keep up fast paced etc.
•Do ocular motility test, papillary exams, confrontation test, eye dilation, color perception test and examine eye using slit lamp.
•Having knowledge technology, ophthalmic technology, ocular anatomy and pharmacology.
•Gathers information, collect comprehensive histories (work-up patients).
•Do manual/auto refraction with both + and - cylinders (with phoropter or trial lens), ability to measure far and near vision with or without glasses.
Good
Cons
Tiring
Good health care environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 15, 2019
Nice working environment. Patient and family satisfaction. Cares for the poor. Team work. A place to gain more professional experience. Needs a lot of financial support.
I had a wonderful work experience at Providence Hospital, caring for my patients.
Resource Nurse (Current Employee) –  1150 Varnum Street,north east ,DCNovember 30, 2018
My work in Providence Hospital was a memorable one and still continue my work there. We used to have the busiest night duties,My team and I used to receive the highest inflow of patients during most of the nights.
Pros
Quite often used to have free lunches
Cons
We could hardly take our breaks.
Providence hospital is a great place to work very family oriented
Dietary Services (Cook I) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 28, 2018
Problems with great place to work constipation my coworkers my supervisors and learn a lot of things about the healthcare there's also a lot of opportunity for growth
Pros
We do not pay for lunch
Workplace at R1/Providence Hospital
Patient Service Representative/Bed Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 26, 2018
My typical day is busy and interacting with patients. Learned about the different types of insurance verification, patient needs, registration, scheduling, supply inventory, co-pay collections, customer service. Bed Management, timely manner in finding inpatient admissions. Workplace culture lots of diversity and learning from one another. Hardest part, making sure no matter what you are going through, keep a smile at all times to make sure patients are taking care. The most enjoyable part of the job, getting the task done at hand, patients appreciate the care that you gave them. Working as a team member with my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, Patients
Cons
Short Breaks, Salary
A typical day at work
Trainer, Housekeeping/ Floor tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2018
could not have asked for a better place of employment, everyone from staff to managers was very pleasant to work with. Coming to work and meeting and greeting my fellow co-workers and ready to get down to business was such a treat.
Pros
A Job
Cons
the low pay
Management is lacking.
Surgical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 5, 2018
The managemwnt does not listen to staff. You havw to in a special click to get anywhere as far advancement. There is little room for gtowth. The building is poorly kept. The place is literally dying.
Help Underserved
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 30, 2018
This was one of the best places to work. The co-workers are like family and I love helping people. The patients also became like family as most clients returned to us for care.
Pros
co workers
Cons
termination of hospital
Providence Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Providence Hospital. The people there were great and most of all I enjoyed helping people. My supervisors and I had a very great relationship and I always completed all task .
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at work would include a meeting. I learned how to be humble,caring,loving,and grateful. The hardest part is getting attached to the patients and expire,but heart felt loving at the same time.
productive and funn
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2018
greating new poelps dalily learning new things daily geting to see how doctor are treated and how they treat other was a great exeperice that i will never forget no one likes going to the hospital but at providence they go out of thier way to treat you with repect and kindness.
Pros
can get pretty busy
Cons
its a hospital
Once a great place to work, now incredibly disappointing
pre-anesthesia nurse (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2018
Providence Hospital was once a well-working machine. After their parent organization took over, it began to be run down to the point our hospital is closing its doors to providing healthcare to the northeast side of Washington, DC.
Make sure everyone and everything is in place to open for our customers.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2018
Providence was a great place to work for in the beginning, which was ten years ago. The Hospital stood for joy,care and respect and that's what I believe in and witness. Nice employees (co workers) thru out the Hospital. When the Hospital begun to have money issue, that's when I notice the change. Old employees left and I kept seeing new people, Things began to be cut out. So now the hardest part of the job for me is coming to work and not knowning if my co workers are going to be their.The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting people and going to see patients. Asking patients how was their meal and they tell you, then you have an opportunity to fixed whatever the patient has told you. After a patient gets discharge to go home, someone will call them to ask about their stay, The patient may or may not remember you visiting them and will tell the person over the phone that their meal wasn't quite right but a staff member from food & nutrition stop by to see how they are doing with a smile. A typical day for me is, when I arrive, usually before my schedule shift to check the phone to see if their is any call outs so I can more people around if need be.Make sure the cafeteria is been set up to open on time for our customers, by given out registers for the cashiers, making sure all temperatures are taken of all the breakfast food to be placed on the steamed table.
Pros
Team work with associates.
Cons
Supervisors & Managers no break
Wonderful place to work
Trainer, Housekeeping/ Floor tech (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 6, 2018
Not much to say, I love the place only because I'm a people's person and love to interact with people, and Providence gave me that fulfillment. It was a great pleasure working with such a great group of people.