Providence Healthcare Management Employee Reviews

Poor corporate managment
Employee (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 21, 2019
They have a building in Kentucky that was cited with 18 immediate jeopardy citations. They are an awful company. I don’t know how they are allowed to stay in business.
Horrible!
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 18, 2019
This company is the absolute worse. Kitchen is as filthy as the hags that work there. All they do is sit around talking about each other all day and smoking every five seconds. Management is a joke. Seems like they just hired her because she was the only imbecile one to stick around. Nobody there cares about the residents or their preferences. They cut budgets for kitchen staff and we had to work with what little junk we had. No spices, barely any food, sometimes no milk, juice or any kind of beverage. If we had soup we had no crackers, if we had butter we had no jelly. They stopped bringing fresh fruit all the time and if residents asked for fruit we had to say there was none. They even made us cut off off snacks if residents wanted some at midday. So much is wrong there. It's filthy and the staff is dirty, unkempt and don't follow hand washing rules. People quit as fast as they come in and then they expect me to cover all shifts. There's times I didn't get out until 10pm, very tired and still had to show up at 6am. They don't pay overtime and they don't pay enough for you to do the job of everyone and pick up lazy people's slack. You had no choice but to pick up slack or you would leave out of there at midnight. If you value you health, sanity and life then steer clear of this company. Complete joke.
Pros
Absolutely nothing. Even the food and menu was horrendous.
Cons
Everything.
Very poor management
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 19, 2019
Director of the Assisted Living was very unfair and very rude!! Management was Very rude. Bed bugs everywhere! Horrible place to work! They did not value you or your work!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Bed bugs!
This company doesn’t care about their employees only profit.
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 18, 2019
This company doesn’t care about their employees, just about profit. They are cutting positions left and right with no warning to the employee, even management. The PTO is a joke. I should’ve seen that and realized how much they care about their employees and their wellbeing. The expectations from corporate are unattainable yet still they add more and want more all while not giving the tools to make it happen.
Cons
Pto, lack of leadership on the corporate end, unrealistic expectations
unnecessarily stressful with poor, poor management
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 11, 2019
Did the job of 3 people. I did learn a lot regarding health care regulations - and how people in healthcare manage to navigate around them. Management was cut throat and the workplace culture reminded me of a Peyton Place. The hardest part of the job was that it simply wasn't doable under the circumstances provided. The most enjoyable part of the job ---- seeing a resident smile.
Family like enviroment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Stanford, KYJanuary 3, 2019
I love my job! We are all like a big family. The employees here are all friendly and helpful. Great TEAMwork! Fellow employees never hesitate to jump in and help each other out!
Horrible place to work
LNHA (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 1, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. The Corporate LNHA and other corporate staff talks about the employees. Corporate LNHA has no problem letting the frontline staff know if she doesn’t like one of her Administrators. There are some DONs there who are getting paid more than some of the Administrators. The company do not pay the utility bills until they are about to be turned off. Bills are not paid to contractors and the Administrators are constantly being blamed. I don’t work there anymore and I’m still getting phone calls for past due bills. The staff are under paid but they are always telling you to retain staff. They will always be looking for LNHAs because the Corporate LNHA chases them away. Corporate LNHA is very rude and unprofessional. Corporate LNHA publicly let it be known which Administrators that she has it out for.
Run from this place!
Pros
Some of the staff were great to work with
Cons
Horrible leadership
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2018
This place cares nothing for it's workers or residents, it's all about money with them, If your not in certain clicks you get dogged!!!! They rather work you short then to fully staff the facility.
Cons
Good environment but could use more staffing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, KYSeptember 29, 2018
Good place to work as a CNA as long as you get along with the nurses and make friends with other aids so that they will help with rounds because they are understaffed much like other nursing homes.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Underpaid and understaffed
Staff are very friendly.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Providence healthcare was a very good learning environment. The staff were friendly & the meetings worked out for the staff members who had children. Everybody spoke & helped when help was needed
Do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2018
This facility has been the worst facility I have ever worked at in my nursing career. Management does not care about the employees. Short staffed all the time. Team work is not heard of. The patient ratio is extremely high. My new job makes me once again understand why I went into healthcare. Do yourself a favor and keep looking.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Management, lack of staff
“Better pay than competitors” is an insult
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2018
Their “Better pay than competitors” is an insult! They think we are stupid. It’s an insult to nurses who work hard and have student loans to pay off just so we can work for them. The pay is actually less than other offers I’ve recieved recently. Better off working for agency if you want to make decent money for working your butt off!! I see no benefit to working for a facility anymore. This place takes advantage of their staff.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, low PTO
Pay is not good
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wellsburg, WVJuly 12, 2018
Nurses and aides work together to get things done and nurses have each other’s backs. Management tried to use scare tactics with nurses and aides. The pay definitely needs increased to ke
Pros
Nurses and aides work together
Cons
Pay
Terrible facility
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
I worked for this company at Clifton Oaks. The management was fake and would say they are there for you, but then they are in meetings all the time and you can’t find them. I felt like the place is the reason lawyers have all these commercials about nursing home lawsuits. There was not time to get your job done because of the acuity of the patients. Management did not seem to care
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Everything else
Fantastic place to work!
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJune 22, 2018
Providence gave me a chance on a new job they were trying out and have given me every tool to succeed and are always helpful when I have questions! Great management, co-workers, and work atmosphere! There is potential to grow and learn new things all the time. There is nothing i would change about the company. My boss is the best boss I have had, always listens and answers my questions to make sure i understand what i am supposed to be doing. Can't imagine working at another place like this and hope i never have to.
Pros
Great work environment from the top down
Cons
Half hour lunches
Outstanding Culture with room to grow
LNHA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2018
Coming from a large corporate company, I have found a home with Providence Healthcare Management. The culture is one of kindness, but with high expectations. A performer will do well and last long. Someone who doesn't perform may struggle with the professional expectations. I have no intentions of leaving for a very long time.
Profit over Care of Residents is Core Belief
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHApril 9, 2018
They acquire a building, cut staffing to less than minimal ratios, send in corporate staff with no concept of how care should be provided. Absolutely worse company/corporate staff. However, if you are a puppet, a LNHA and don't care about residents and staff, you will fit in perfectly.
Pros
Cons
8 PTO Days for FTE, poor values, poor staffing, no policies and procedures, on and on and on
it went downhill real fast
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  corporate officeApril 2, 2018
I worked for Providence a few years ago when it was only two facilities and watched it grow over the next few years and FOR ME was a great experience. I thought we, as a team, got along fairly well. It just got bad when I took another job and put in my two weeks notice and then all of a sudden everyone that was friendly and tee heeing in my face one day showed nothing but hatred and hostility the next and never even said goodbye to me on my last day. It was totally humiliating.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very negative atmosphere
Bring your Hazmat suit, because this place is toxic and needs cleaned up!
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2018
Employees are not valued.
Turnover is HIGH!
Buildings that provide the care for the residents are losing payroll dollars for direct care positions.
Management talks down to employees.
Vendors and utilities bills aren't paid, until your utilities are getting shut off!
CEO allows Nasty, Toxic people to run the show with no accountability!
Pros
They are still making payroll
Makes Embassy Healthcare look good
Department Head and Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHFebruary 28, 2018
High turnover in the corporate office. High turnover in the individual homes. Some building have not been given raises in 5 years. They only started to give raises because of high agency use. Ever since the acquisition of Kindred, the company has been on the decline. Corporate Office has morning calls to talk negatively about each individual building. If the corporate HR does not like you, you will be terminated immediately. Will talk about front line staff at individual buildings and will make you get rid of them for no reason. I would not recommend this company to anyone, they have lost and gotten rid of a lot of decent and caring individuals.
Pros
Frequent opennings
Cons
High Turnover. The "home office"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Healthcare Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2