Providence Healthcare Management Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
LNHA (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 1, 2018
This is a horrible place to work. The Corporate LNHA and other corporate staff talks about the employees. Corporate LNHA has no problem letting the frontline staff know if she doesn’t like one of her Administrators. There are some DONs there who are getting paid more than some of the Administrators. The company do not pay the utility bills until they are about to be turned off. Bills are not paid to contractors and the Administrators are constantly being blamed. I don’t work there anymore and I’m still getting phone calls for past due bills. The staff are under paid but they are always telling you to retain staff. They will always be looking for LNHAs because the Corporate LNHA chases them away. Corporate LNHA is very rude and unprofessional. Corporate LNHA publicly let it be known which Administrators that she has it out for.
Run from this place!
Pros
Some of the staff were great to work with
Cons
Horrible leadership
Horrible place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 1, 2018
This place cares nothing for it's workers or residents, it's all about money with them, If your not in certain clicks you get dogged!!!! They rather work you short then to fully staff the facility.
Staff are very friendly.
STNA (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Providence healthcare was a very good learning environment. The staff were friendly & the meetings worked out for the staff members who had children. Everybody spoke & helped when help was needed
Do not work here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2018
This facility has been the worst facility I have ever worked at in my nursing career. Management does not care about the employees. Short staffed all the time. Team work is not heard of. The patient ratio is extremely high. My new job makes me once again understand why I went into healthcare. Do yourself a favor and keep looking.
Pros
The patients
Cons
Management, lack of staff
“Better pay than competitors” is an insult
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2018
Their “Better pay than competitors” is an insult! They think we are stupid. It’s an insult to nurses who work hard and have student loans to pay off just so we can work for them. The pay is actually less than other offers I’ve recieved recently. Better off working for agency if you want to make decent money for working your butt off!! I see no benefit to working for a facility anymore. This place takes advantage of their staff.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, low PTO
Pay is not good
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wellsburg, WVJuly 12, 2018
Nurses and aides work together to get things done and nurses have each other’s backs. Management tried to use scare tactics with nurses and aides. The pay definitely needs increased to ke
Pros
Nurses and aides work together
Cons
Pay
Terrible facility
LPN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 27, 2018
I worked for this company at Clifton Oaks. The management was fake and would say they are there for you, but then they are in meetings all the time and you can’t find them. I felt like the place is the reason lawyers have all these commercials about nursing home lawsuits. There was not time to get your job done because of the acuity of the patients. Management did not seem to care
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Everything else
Fantastic place to work!
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHJune 22, 2018
Providence gave me a chance on a new job they were trying out and have given me every tool to succeed and are always helpful when I have questions! Great management, co-workers, and work atmosphere! There is potential to grow and learn new things all the time. There is nothing i would change about the company. My boss is the best boss I have had, always listens and answers my questions to make sure i understand what i am supposed to be doing. Can't imagine working at another place like this and hope i never have to.
Pros
Great work environment from the top down
Cons
Half hour lunches
Outstanding Culture with room to grow
LNHA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2018
Coming from a large corporate company, I have found a home with Providence Healthcare Management. The culture is one of kindness, but with high expectations. A performer will do well and last long. Someone who doesn't perform may struggle with the professional expectations. I have no intentions of leaving for a very long time.
Profit over Care of Residents is Core Belief
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHApril 9, 2018
They acquire a building, cut staffing to less than minimal ratios, send in corporate staff with no concept of how care should be provided. Absolutely worse company/corporate staff. However, if you are a puppet, a LNHA and don't care about residents and staff, you will fit in perfectly.
Pros
Cons
8 PTO Days for FTE, poor values, poor staffing, no policies and procedures, on and on and on
it went downhill real fast
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  corporate officeApril 2, 2018
I worked for Providence a few years ago when it was only two facilities and watched it grow over the next few years and FOR ME was a great experience. I thought we, as a team, got along fairly well. It just got bad when I took another job and put in my two weeks notice and then all of a sudden everyone that was friendly and tee heeing in my face one day showed nothing but hatred and hostility the next and never even said goodbye to me on my last day. It was totally humiliating.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very negative atmosphere
Bring your Hazmat suit, because this place is toxic and needs cleaned up!
Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 17, 2018
Employees are not valued.
Turnover is HIGH!
Buildings that provide the care for the residents are losing payroll dollars for direct care positions.
Management talks down to employees.
Vendors and utilities bills aren't paid, until your utilities are getting shut off!
CEO allows Nasty, Toxic people to run the show with no accountability!
Pros
They are still making payroll
Makes Embassy Healthcare look good
Department Head and Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHFebruary 28, 2018
High turnover in the corporate office. High turnover in the individual homes. Some building have not been given raises in 5 years. They only started to give raises because of high agency use. Ever since the acquisition of Kindred, the company has been on the decline. Corporate Office has morning calls to talk negatively about each individual building. If the corporate HR does not like you, you will be terminated immediately. Will talk about front line staff at individual buildings and will make you get rid of them for no reason. I would not recommend this company to anyone, they have lost and gotten rid of a lot of decent and caring individuals.
Pros
Frequent opennings
Cons
High Turnover. The "home office"
Great Company
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHFebruary 22, 2018
Not sure why I see these bad reviews, but can only assume they were the same people that I found obnoxious and lazy! Yes, it is a young and growing company and there are struggles, however the culture is great and I never worried about being terminated in 90 days. It was actually refreshing to work for a company that gets rid of employees who are a poor fits, culture killers and complainers!

The office is fast paced and you feel good at the end of the day, you really felt like you made a difference. Salary and benefits are similar to other places, I would still be there if I did not need to relocate.
Pros
The owner actually talks to you
Cons
Young company some disorganization
poor structure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 22, 2018
good people, bad structure, too much over turn in management. Company owner lets employees run each other out instead of evaluation and stability of positions, no sense of job security.
Extremely stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Employess are not valued. No structure. Unable to utalize my skill set or experience due to micro management. Management has pre-determined ideas and does not take the time to listen to employees and make educated decisions. A LOT of strife and unrest between employees....every man for himslef attitude rather than a team approach. Extremely stressful.
Cons
Very stressful
Horrible. Stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 30, 2018
This company has no structure and horrible management. Look for a job elsewhere. They grew too fast and cannot be trusted. No support and terrible pay.
Pros
Cons
If you respect your job stay away.
I wasnt there long enough to be fair
MDS Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, OHDecember 30, 2017
I wasn't there long enough to be fair- my position was eliminated- I can only give a review on the 4 months I was with them. I had no complaints except the 2 week notice that I was given, when I was expected to give a 30 day notice if I had resigned.
Growing too fast without a good management team for support
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Pepper Pike, OHNovember 9, 2017
The company grew too fast and does not have appropriate measures in place to retain employees and promote a good culture. I rated work-life balance high, only because the management team (corporate office) doesn't pay attention to your work schedule and they try to be flexible because they know they're turnover numbers are bad. The management team is not supportive or even aware of what is going on with the employees they manage. Everyone seems to be scrambling to get a handle on what is going on, but they can't get a grip. Training is severely lacking and there is a lot of complaining, unprofessionalism, and low morale in the corporate office. As another reviewer stated, it is true that they will fire you just before your 90 days is up if they don't like you. There is a lot of work to be done to correct the issues at this company.
Pros
Flexibility with work schedule
Cons
Poor management
Lack of structure and friendly atmosphere.
Managment (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 22, 2017
Poor leadership, no support from the corporate in a new purchased building. Poor benefits, small vacations and lack of compensation to dedicated employees. Staffing cuts are ridiculous, while work demand is high.
Cons
Coming to work, feels like working at the assemvly line.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Healthcare Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4