Providence Holy Cross Medical Center Employee Reviews

Review
Department Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for the company and look forward to working with the company in the near future. The work enviroment was very professional and fun. The staff was informative and always willing to educate me on things I was unfamiliar with.
Great place to work.
LVN Sub-acute/Certified Wound Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 12, 2018
Providence holy cross hospital is a magnet hospital.Advantage is there several hospitals throughout making it easy to transfer if needed.Pay is ok but whats really great are the benefits. Such as medical dental and 401k.
Pros
Security
Cons
Small raises
Unstable Environment
Clinical Social Worker - Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Providence Holy Cross has become an unstable work environment with changes in management that are detrimental to staff. They care more about money than employees.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Parking
Fast Paced but rewarding
Surgical Technologist/OB Tech (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked in the Labor and Delivery department as an OB tech. It can be a very physically demanding job when very busy. The environment was a good one, but there are always a few that don't produce as much as others.
Good Hospital for RN's
SURGERY SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 1, 2018
RN's are excellent here at Holy Cross. The pay is lower than other hospitals in the Valley. Management is great and pay attention to your needs. I've learned great communication skills with my peers
A great place to work.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CADecember 10, 2017
Been working here for 5 months, and everybody’s so nice. I just need to find another job coz 16hrs/week is not enough to support me and to have benefits.
Pros
Magnet recognized.
Cons
Too far of a drive for me.
PHCMC is better than most work enviornments
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAOctober 20, 2017
Once you are used to the system then the rest of it becomes easier over time. Most people their are friendly. Others that are not so friendly are better than those in other hospital I have worked at.
Pros
Pay is ok, Friendly.
Cons
Management is usually unsupportive until the union tries to come in.
Great culture and work environment
Occupational Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAAugust 16, 2017
Great Place to work and great co-workers; varied trauma, ICU, outpatient and sub acute rehab patients; easy documentation via EPIC electronic documentation.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Limited parking at times
Certified Nurse Assistant
Great staff
Great accommodations
Great cafeteria
Great overall hospital environment
Pros
Overall great place to work
Cons
Elevator wait time
i love out culture and core values.
Sonographer/ Ultrasound technologyst (Current Employee) –  mission hills CAJune 30, 2017
I work for providence for 9 years and love it.
This is a fast paste place where you provide the most outstanding patient care. We all are one big family and follow what we preach
Pros
discounted tickets
Supportive Environment
Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 27, 2017
I never felt that I couldn't reach out to someone on the team. Everyone is willing to help and assist whenever you need it (even though they are having a busy day as well).
Pros
Supportive colleagues and manager
Cons
Understaffed
Great hospital but not a great company
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 18, 2017
I worked here for quite a while and I was always turned down for a promotion. I'm pretty much done here. The co workers are great but management lacks.
Cons
Short breaks and favoritism
Magnet facility with many services. Very busy ER. Great place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMay 1, 2017
work days are busy in the ER. Management is awesome and always advocates for the nurses. The hardest part of the job is having less and less time at the bedside. Nursing has changed over the years and is more about documenting than Caring. I enjoy my co workers and the comfort there as I've been there for 15 years
Great place to work, very poor wages.
Staff therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAMarch 18, 2017
Very good hospital to work for. Administration is typically very good overall. Very poor wages, however. Lost a lot of good ICU RNs and some RTs to other hospital chains due to extremely low wages compared to comparable hospitals in the immediate area.
Pros
Good CEO and work environment. Management good overall.
Cons
Very low wages for RNs and RTs. Benefits also poor.
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAFebruary 5, 2017
great place to volunteer at. its very relaxing, but productive. you learn a lot being in a hospital environment. if you ar einterested working in the medical field, than volunteering at a hospital would be very beneficial. this hospital is a great one to volunteer at.
hard place to work very busy
Lead ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Very busy ER, but when we could relax we had fun joking around, was only for a short time then we would be back to work. It is a tight knit family, and a joy to work with everybody.
Pros
had fun and worked hard
Cons
people always in your business
Productive and Busy Trauma Hospital.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 24, 2017
enjoyed working as a PBX Operator but no support from supervisor.
Favoritism. Co-workers on constant personal calls, playing games on the computer. No teamwork what so ever
Pros
free lunches, etc
Cons
no comment
Productive,work and Balance
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAJanuary 19, 2017
It is a good environment to work.The doctors are nice to work with,and staff members are team players.The benefit is good,and the work balance is perfect.
Best hospital to learn all aspects of Respiratory
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CASeptember 2, 2016
I have learned so much working at Providence, the team is strong and always willing to help and teach each other. The traumas that come into the ER are mind blowing and the adrenaline rush its great. By far best hospital I have ever came across. 5 Star patient care.
A very caring and compassionate work place
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mission Hills, CAAugust 18, 2016
If you want to work for an employer that really cares for its employees as well as its customers, Holy Cross is the place for you. While it is a very large employer, the management really tries to get to know you as a person and not just a number. The staff is really nice to work with as well. We all care about one another and work as a mature and professional team.