Providence Place Senior Living Employee Reviews

Do not apply and work here
med tech / resident life associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAApril 27, 2019
Honestly I do not recommend this job to anyone it’s the worst every one there is two face and always short staff med techs get bumped down to floor to do cares which I don’t think is fair rlas always have to be in dining room THEY CANT KEEP NOONE the whole place is a mess and how they have thing set they need two rlas per hall it gets heavy with call bells cares and showers sometimes you don’t even get your first break or can sit and have lunch with out call bells going off and med techs or receptionist constantly calling your phone the hours are too long and stressful and we’re taken advantage of we do everyone’s job
Pros
Nothing whole place sucks
Cons
Management and coworkers
Poor Management at Dover location
RLA (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAFebruary 14, 2019
Management does not communicate well among each other-causing confusion among staff. Facility operates daily with short staff and threatens to write you up if you don't keep up. This is supposed to be a retirement living facility for seniors. However, a lot of the residents really should be in skilled care. Because of this cares are very difficult and not commiserate with our skill level and the pay.
Pros
A lot of overtime-sweet residents
Cons
stressul work environment
Excellent working enviroment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSJanuary 3, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to work among the elderly residents at the Providence Place as a Personal Care Assistant. I learned a lot from the other staff members, appreciated the dedication of the professional team, and respected the management.
Poor Managment at Dover
RLA (Current Employee) –  Dover, PADecember 4, 2018
Very poor management, especially at the Dover location. You can't go to anyone in management or talk to them about issues or how to better communicate without them literally yelling at you. They talk to staff in a way most people wouldn't even talk to their children after they did something wrong. Management supports one another and backs each other up without even hearing what the staff have to say. You can't go to any of the staff to discuss issues without facing repercussions. If they had better management and staff felt supported it would be a decent place to work, unfortunately it's not that way. It used to be a good place to work, but it no longer is due to the management.
Pros
Residents, Decent Benefits, Pay Is Competitive
Cons
Poor Managment, Issues Don't Get Addressed, Lack of Communication, and Being Yelled At By Management
Horrible hostile work environment
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 23, 2018
I didn’t agree with the diversity in between the workers, young aged people are not welcomed and mistakes weren’t welcomed which was unfair because everyone makes mistakes.
wonderful place to work, senior living is very stressfull
Executive Director/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 1, 2018
The mission of Providence Place is right on in todays market, the amenities offered are wonderful for the price, and there are choices for residents to give them some element of control in their lives. Staff go above and beyond to help residents transition to senior living environment. Services exceed what is normally considered Personal Care Home level of care.
Pros
excellent food and employee meal program
Cons
stressfull environment
OK to work
RLA (Former Employee) –  Drums, PASeptember 21, 2018
Hard job with hard people to care for. Short most of the time. When you are staffed with extra people, it is not a bad place to work. The residents are nice.
No job security
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 26, 2018
Management was par at best. Very uneducated staff and small town mentality. Everyone was afraid of losing their jobs all the time, and the pay was sufficient for the area
It was an overall good place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAAugust 24, 2018
It could be very stressful working there. But all in all, I enjoyed working there and meeting all the residents/getting to know them personally. I went to school with most of my coworkers and it was fun to work with them.
Pros
Good coworkers, fun, easy going staff.
Cons
Drama between workers
Great place to work and grow
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAAugust 12, 2018
As an employee of Providence Place, I can personally say the management is wonderful and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. It is a family like atmosphere. The residents get top notch care. I am very happy to say I work here. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a life long career with unlimited potential to grow within this great company with great people!!!
Pros
PTO time
Cons
Corporate needs to learn a thing or two
Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAAugust 8, 2018
Corporate knows NOTHING of how a kitchen and dining room should be run and neither does your Corporate Chef, he's a yes man. Your whole universal worker plan is BS! Someone serving food in the dining room shouldnt be toileting a resident! I don't care how many pairs of gloves the server/RLA wears or the fact they're wearing an apron while serving. Since I began there I heard from other workers how horrible you treated the last director of dining, stabbed her in the back, and all she did was do her job and did it well. Since I left I'm told the turn over rate has been horrendous! Shame on you for treating people the way you have.
Pros
Some of the co workers
August 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are proud of the team that Executive Director, Anna, has built at Providence Place of Pottsville and Erick is doing a fine job leading the culinary team. Sorry that you did not have a good experience. By the way, turnover is low and retention is good. We are committed to a great dining experience for our residents.

Narcissist management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAAugust 4, 2018
Hostile work environment. Management bashes staff repeatedly and denies any wrong doing. Make sure you keep a writer log of Passive aggressive comments.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management and work environment
August 7, 2018

Providence Place does not tolerate anyone harassing or creating a hostile work environment. If an employee has concerns, please contact the Human Resources department at Home Office!

Thankful for my work family.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAJuly 4, 2018
Hard working dedicated and caring staff. Great and supportive management. Utilizes communication and education to create great teams and offers a lot of room for advancement!! I can not wait to see where this company takes me next. Providence drums is not just a job it is career! It is a family!
Pros
Understanding and caring management!
August 13, 2018

Thank you! Yes, we agree that we have a great, supportive management team at the Drums campus. It is our goal to provide career paths for coworkers to learn and grow, along with management training for all of our shift leaders. Its wonderful to hear you see Providence Place as a family and a career...not just a job. I couldn't agree more!

Your job is what you make of it.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 2, 2018
At the location where I work, staff and management are very supportive of each other. There are times when we are short staffed, but it happens at every work place....but staff pull together and help each other, to make it the best possible for the residents. This is the first place of employment where I've seen upper management throw on scrubs, and help out on the floors, on meds carts...or help in the kitchen, or doing rla work....completely blew me away to see that, ....that's when you know you have a great management team that cares. I've met some truly wonderful people there, both staff, and residents. I feel blessed to have such a rewarding job.
Pros
Quite a few
Cons
Can get stressful at times, but what job doesnt ?
High stress from preventable issues
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAJune 29, 2018
As a nurse you will be forced to work with bare boned staff, constantly hearing complaints from residents who deserve more. Management tends to micro manage about things that are small scale, and does not listen to much bigger issues - I.e. staffing concerns. Whether you come from snf, hospitals, ect - you will not have seen what it’s like to work short until you’ve been at this place. The residents are lovely and the place is beautiful, but more focus should be put on what really matters- resident care. It has potential to be a great job for a nurse who doesn’t want the demands of a fast-paced SNF or acute care facility. I hope whoever responds to this review can consider this not as an attack, as their responses seem to only defend themselves, but as something to take into consideration for the wellness of the residents who reside at this facility and the workers who take care of them.
Pros
One short work week
Cons
Poor staffing, never heard by management
Coworker (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAJune 27, 2018
As a long time employee at Providence Place, I believe in this company. Management is fair and flexible to all employees, caring for the residents and hearing their stories makes the day worthwhile and employees treat you like part of their family. Definitely a great company to grow with!
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility
Run!
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAJune 23, 2018
Worst management ever! There are so many medical errors it’s scary!
The lady that interviews for nursing isn’t even a nurse! This woman is someone who sits behind a desk and plays mole for management. when asked her to do something she runs to administration and plays she is to busy but enjoys and takes over an hour lunch. The whole place is a joke. Most of the management walk around with their noses in the air. They always say they will help but not once do they put scrubs on and get in to help.
The administrations are is very unreliable and unrealistic. No matter the issue is they put it back on you regardless. They don’t want to look bad so when the problem does surface they act like they were never aware of it.
The turn over rate is horrible for a reason. If your a nurse don’t put your license on the line!
Pros
Pizza place across the street
Cons
Poor management
June 25, 2018

Sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us. Not every nurse makes the adjustment to a management role. We wish you well in your next career step.
We remain proud of the capable and dedicated team serving the residents in Providence Place of Drums.

Home like atmosphere where residents come first
Nursing staff (Current Employee) –  Drums, PAJune 5, 2018
Providence Place of Drums is a family oriented team atmosphere. I have worked there for two years and have always found that the nursing staff works together to get the job done. Residents become like family and helping them live their lives with dignity brings great satisfaction at the end of the day. I would recommend this place to anyone looking to make a difference in the lives of the elderly.
Pros
Great benefits and team like atmosphere
Don’t work here!
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Drums, PAMay 25, 2018
You work hard everyday and nobody cares. You Constantly work understaffed and bust your butt and nothing is ever good enough. They expect us to be super woman. And the pay sucks! You can get paid more at McDonald’s. Don’t even think about working here.
Stay away
Staff (Former Employee) –  Dover, PAJanuary 22, 2018
Management is well aware of the staffing challenges but does nothing to help. If you speak up about being overloaded with work and how things are running, you are at risk to lose your job. They do not like staff that speak up for the residents. The management is completely clueless on how to run the building. They do not even know how the day runs for the staff but bark orders. If you are short staffed don't expect the nursing supervisor or administrator to jump in and help with care or anything for that matter. The turn over here is ridiculous and could rival the worst nursing home. Don't expect to work with the same people long. If they don't like you, they give you a letter....Quit or be fired. The offer is quit and get your pto and they wont dispute unemployment or get fired and have nothing. Usually They have your replacement newly hired working next to you. Just a warning, if you receive this letter do not take their offer. Unemployment will not want to pay if you quit. Providence management knows this because they hand these offers out like candy. The residents suffer because of this lack of continuity of care and managements unwillingness to help. The majority of the staff here is rude as well.
Pros
Good cheap lunch, amazing residents
January 26, 2018

Sorry that Providence Place of Dover was not a good fit for you. You are right that we struggled to get the right people working well together. Things are on track now; sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Place Senior Living. Our community is ready to answer.