Providence Speech and Hearing Center Employee Reviews

Micromanaging, Everyone blames each other
Can't say I'd get some heat, get let go maybe. (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 20, 2018
No one is ever on the same page. Scheduling supervisor seems to always have answers for all your questions but is always contradicting herself. One month they say you must follow all these steps the next month they're asking you to longer do it and only inform 30% of the staff. They don't ever communicate with you. They ask for all these emails to be sent and to CC so many people then you have everyone is blaming each other for mistakes. Few of the staff on admin are great but then you have the admin manager, scheduling supervisor, and billing supervisor whom are very defensive. You call them out on a mistake they make they will call you with 2 or all 3 of them present asking 21 questions. Their billing department is not that great bills would be sent out and patients would complain then it would later be discovered that 5 out of those 10 statements where incorrect so we would credit the patients?! Really this is not even suppose to happen! It even happen to me! The new hires seem to get paid more than a person who has been there 3-5 years. So unfair! They don't train you properly, 1 or if lucky 3 weeks training then you're on your own. That's what I got, expected me to know everything. Their system is so complicated. If I love something from PSHC it's the patients they make your day better hearing all their stories, and of course a few co-workers whom make it even better! The CEO is really outgoing really nice!
Pros
Working with a few great people
Cons
Not everyone gets a raise and if you do its not a good one
Providence seems to be an excellent place to work. I was only a volunteer--did not work there.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 13, 2018
An excellent company that provides competent and compassionate care to clients-- both children and adults. The speech therapists are helpful and knowledgeable.
This is a great place to develop a career for which you are passionate.
Recruiting Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 1, 2018
In the time I've worked here as a Contract Recruiter, Providence has supplied me with all the tools I need in order to be successful. They treat me like I'm part of the family.
Pros
Being part of a Mission: "Enriching Lives Through the Gifts of Speech & Hearing"
Cons
Not enough offices for individual work space.
Too many changes in staff
Clinical Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 17, 2018
They have too many changes all the time felt like a revolving door for the employees. People were hired and then they left within a few months or at most 1 yr. Employee retention is very poor.
Pros
non-profit
Cons
lack of ability to retain staff
Fun Fun Fun
Speech Language Pathologist Aide (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 31, 2017
Providence Speech and Hearing Clinic is fast paced, professional, and with a feel of passion. The clinicians are harding working and the staff are easy to get along with. Everyone is there enjoying what they love.
Poor management. Favorites played. Staff not treated equally. Huge turnover in staff due to poor management. Managers on cell phones
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 28, 2017
Good office for what they offer and do . But employees are treated poorly and not equally. You are constantly judged. Other employees talk behind your back. Training is not good and then you are in trouble for making mistakes. Horrible place to work.
Pros
Services offered
Cons
Employees, favoritism, management
Friendly Environment
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 7, 2017
Very welcoming, friendly environment, lots of creativity, teachers are very nurture, great parent teacher communication
Cons
fun place to work when having the correct staff around
prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 6, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the work i did there was helping out others .i learned a lot in over the few years that i worked in that place. the co workers around there in the place were excellent, we were all a good team to with.
Pros
excellent coworkers, friendly
Cons
not being able to communicate and being able to trust people
Great experience, supportive coworkers, plenty of opportunities to step up
Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 10, 2014
I would show up 5-10 minutes before a therapy session would start and set up a snack and craft. I would then proceed to collect the clients from the lobby alongside the head clinician. During the session I would take notes on what the clients said spontaneously or with assistance as well as worked with them on crafts. During these activities we would work with the clients on correct pronunciations and articulations of words and sounds. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the clients improve.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Unpaid position
Great work environment in a hospital setting and ability to collaborate with colleagues
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 13, 2013
I was happy to have the opportunity to work in both the acute inpatient medical setting and outpatient setting right out of graduate school during my Clinical Fellowship Year to strengthen my clinical skills in both diagnostics and treatment. There was a sense of camaraderie with my colleagues that helped me grow as a clinician and made work fun.
Interaction with patients
Medical Biller and Collector (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 1, 2013
Complete full cycle billing & collections,Patient reviews,Contact with insurance payors,Follow up with patients,on the to make sure claims are paid correctly,Patient contact and services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Speech and Hearing Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Providence Speech and Hearing Center Reviews by Location