Provident Credit Union Employee Reviews

don't bother
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 24, 2019
thought it was a great place but the managers in walnut creek do illegal stuff. my manager would change our times so we wouldn't have overtime even though we were told to stay and help longer than our shift. and when it was brought to corp's attention they did nothing about it. manager still works there off Bancroft.
a great place to work, would recommend to any one.
Records Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 28, 2018
I was a Records Specialist II/ receptionist.
work flowed very good always busy.
to deal with members, clerical work, phone calls
working for provident for 33 years was very enjoyable.
Great Company to work for.
Looking for part time work
Pros
great Benifits 1 hour lunch
great place to work
33 years records specialist/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 2, 2018
worked as a records specialist/ receptionist for 33 years.
loved working there. started in 1974 left in 1984.
best company to work for thats why i was there for 33 years.
fantastic company.
Stressful Employment
Teller (Former Employee) –  CAJuly 27, 2018
Benefits are fantastic, everything else? Not so much. Their overall culture is tough to work in. Everyone has something bad to say about their managers. They constantly have issues with their products. So many policy inconsistencies. Not many people that I worked with were happy to be working there.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Policy Inconsistencies
A wonderful workplace
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 12, 2018
It was the best job I've had thus far. Plenty of opportunities to advance within the company if you put in the work and the team chemistry that I experience was amazing.
Pros
Excellent Opportunities for Advancement, Get off early on Saturdays
Cons
Slow workdays at times.
poor management
call center representative (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Management is very poor. they are rarely want to speak with customers. they don't recognize employees contribution. they micromanage all employees very hard.
enjoyed every minute of it
Preferred Banker (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CASeptember 27, 2017
One of the best places I worked enjoyed every minute of it would recommend this job to anyone else, was able to advance and move, but wanted to try something different.
really good job
Assistant Manager Collections (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2017
I worked for Provident for two years, I cannot say enough about how air they were with me, really enjoyed my time here. Upper management very approachable, very smart, and have a great vision for the company.
Great Culture and Incentives
Personal Account Officer (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAMay 13, 2017
Provident CU is a strong, supportive company. More communication is being worked on from upper management down. They are making strides in work life balance, and overall implementing better programs for their employees. Benefits are exceptional, competitive wages and great incentive bonuses for front line staff if you are meeting your goals
Pros
Benefits, Incentives, Culture
Cons
Work Life Balance, Annual Wage Increases
Amazing place to intern.
Business Development and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working closely with the head of marketing, as well as the team members I worked with throughout my internship. I also enjoyed being apart of the meetings.
Pros
Amazing company, beautiful building and office space.
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to work if they have proper training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 24, 2017
Need a training location. Great team. Great manager. Need to have proper training when they hire new employees. Need to have better marketing to get new members in the doors.
Pros
great flexibilty
Cons
no training
A Great Credit Union
Community Event Coordinator, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAFebruary 23, 2016
This is a good job to have during my first two years of college. I learned many valuable procedures within the banking industry. My co-workers were always very pleasant. It was always difficult to get anything approved, but I really enjoyed the flexibility.
Good for students and those right out of college.
Account Advisor, Call Center Department (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 11, 2014
N/A I have nothing to write in regards to Provident Credit Union. I have mixed reviews on working there.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Fun and evolving environment in corporate offices.
Member Sales & Services Represenative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2013
A typical day at work are some what predictable for the most part. Like any other company, we're busiest at the end/beginning of the months with members and our reports. I've gained a lot of new knowledge not only with using new systems and programs but with products as well. I've had the opportunity to work outside my main branch and met a lot of other associates, and by far it's one of the friendliest and unified staff I've had the chance to work with. The hardest part of my job can vary day to day depending on the member and the type of situation it is. My most enjoyable part of my job is my commute; short and simple.
Pros
raffles almost every week
Cons
expensive healthcare programs
Great place to work.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 2, 2015
Provident Credit Union is an exceptional place to work. They staff is very knowledgable. Everyone within the company was willing to help you learn.
Pros
Excellent pay and benifits
Cons
Only one location in the greater Sacramento area
No Opportunity for Growth
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 3, 2013
When I first got hired at this job they told me that I would be eligible for a promotion after 6 months. A few months into the job, I quickly learned that would probably never happen. This place has an extremely high turnover rate, inadequate staffing, and the management always runs away and delegates their duties to others. The job itself isn't really so hard, but for all of the referrals that are required you barely make any incentive. Most of the incentive goes to management because they do not give any referral credit to the employees. As far as my coworkers, they were generally nice. If you think that you'll have a fair chance here to grow and advance, you can kiss that goodbye. The whole branch was segregated and the manager glorified one employee over the rest of us. This was the most unorganized place that I've ever worked for. The only good thing about working here were the benefits. If you are a full time employee, your benefits will pretty much be paid for. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to work here. The management is horrible and there is virtually no room for growth with this company.
Pros
benefits, nice coworkers
Cons
horrible management, useless incentives, high employee turnover, no advancement opportunity, inadequate staffing
fast paced atmosphere
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 4, 2014
busy branch, a lot to learn with not much down time to learn it in, heavy traffic. Managers were friendly.
Good Company
Personal Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
Pay is good. Member's are nice, always busy with my members in regards to their banking needs. Good Teamwork. Work was always fun, co-workers and managers were excellent.
"Excellent Company to Work For"
Personal Account Advisor (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CASeptember 25, 2014
"Awesome loan rates and benefits, also includes many incentives that drive you to boost your knowledge to assist members with clarity. Training was great and gave you a good taste of exactly what to expect and guided on the best route to take to assist members in the most beneficial way possible."
Financially Strong Company
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood ShoresDecember 4, 2013
The work day is a good fast pace environment.
There is an opportunity to learn other areas of the company and allows room for growth.
There is an opportunity to affect positive change in members' lives and provide an excellent member experience.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, job stability.
Cons
Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Provident Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Provident Credit Union Reviews by Location