Proximity Group, Inc.

• Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Interviewed with Proximity Group

Recently interviewed and met with management. Was glad to know more about the company. It's run like a start up. No formal processes or procedures. Let's just say stay away from this company.It's the type of company you leave (if you are employed there) to go on to better companies. Nobody in their right minds would go to this company unless you are desperate for a job.

Pros

Very little

Cons

Alot

Great place to work!!!

I am not sure why the other reviews were so negative. I have been working here since June of this year and I am glad that I am a part of the growth here. I have seen the growth. This is a laid back company, you do not often find call centers that are M-F, one of the benefits of being a smaller company, and the best part, there is no drama. Everyone here keeps to themselves and works, but you have support if you need it. The Customer service manger I learned has had many years experience in management and customer service. He does his job very well and is not afraid to jump on the phones if we are short handed. You will not find many managers that lead like that. In my opinion the previous reviews are from disgruntled employees that were fired or left because they did not get the position they were not qualified to have.

Pros

Relaxed, friendly work environment

Cons

No remote options

Hard working and fun.

The most satisfying part of working at Proximity Group is everyone's effort matters. We work hard but it's rewarding to see our growth as a result of those efforts. The teams are small but work together well. Senior management is always striving to make things better at work and is flexible for those that need time away from work or need to adjust their hours. Several staff members have left and returned as they found Proximity Group was a good place to work.

Great place to work. Happy employee.

I have been working here for almost a year. When I first started I was a little intimated with the industry, as I had little automotive experience. However, I was trained efficiently and was able to tackle my daily work load, within 3 weeks of training. We are given raise evaluations twice a year and I personally felt I was given a great pay increase. There are opportunities to advance into other departments if you are hired as a customer service rep. I have had to change/adjust my schedule a few times due to personal reasons, and my manager is very flexible with granting any schedule changes or time off requests. Overall, I am satisfied with my position and have no plans on leaving. It's a small, family owned company who has worked very hard to build it up to the success it has become. If you work hard for them, they will reward you and show their appreciation and flexibility with your needs as an employee.

Inept leadership / Hostile working environment

This company has a serious lack of leadership or direction. This is a family owned company with no human resources department and it shows. Raises of 25 cents per year for merit are commonplace. I was with the company nearly 2 years and recommend that people of African descent avoid this job at all costs as you will never be valued and will not be considered for any type of promotion here. The Manager picks and chooses who is successful here based on looks, not ability. A typical day at work usually consists of taking calls then waiting in line for the Manager to process 2 day old refund requests while he takes personal calls and avoids upper management. I was employed here over a year and when i applied for a promotion, was made to interview and take a typing test at my normal work station. They ultimately gave the position to a person who was there for only 2 months and she was not required to have another interview nor typing test. This was the most hostile work environment I have experienced.

Pros

Nobody will steal your lunch from the refrigerator

Cons

A hostile working environment for People of Color

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

It's a start up, get ready to roll

Having worked with the company a number of years now, I can honestly say if you are not ready for working in an organization where you need to be nimble it may not be for you. That said, the growth rate is phenomenal, which means you have to be able to pivot. Have not had a boring day since I stated. What seemed critical yesterday can change, this is the way of a fast growing company and that's what Proximity Group is. If you like seeing direct results from your input, I would recommend. If your looking for the ho-hum of a 9-5 desk job, I would probably pass.

Pros

Flexability, willingness to try new things

Cons

Missing some of the nuances you might find in a large corporate structure

Needs More Help

This isn't a great place to work at. Manager was my friend then got me fired. The owner didn't tell me why and said no unemployment.. Hostile environment for sure. Our manager at the time had no management experience whatsoever. No raises given for a job work about $15 an hour. The owners will not have a successful company if they don't learn how to treat their employees.

Pros

weekends off, its a paycheck, good work experience

Cons

underpaid, no communication, bad structure.

Great Growth - Culture and Work/Life Balance

At the Proximity Group you will enter a great team focused environment with a strong emphasis on work/life balance. Your voice is heard daily and your voice in encouraged and your will see results in personal growth.

Pros

Culture, Team, Management, Work/Life Balance, Growth

Cons

Noting to report at this time

No clear direction

Warehouse manager and owners were a joke, no clear direction, priorities change randomly and often. The company did not care about it's employees, no benefits or perks. It seemed like management just made things up as they go. I don't think anyone there actually had any management experience. The work was not hard but the company was not all together. Would recommend to someone straight out of high school or someone who has zero work experience.

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Management, no benefits besides 24 hr of sick pay, which is required by law.

Heart was in the right place, Company seems scattered

I was hired on and I walked in with a sense of "knowing" what to expect. As i got deeper into the folds of this company i realized they were scattered all over the place and didnt really have a "growth" plan. They were focused on expansion but were to conformed to a certain set of standards without any kind of evolution. I felt like its a good place for someone who is just starting out in a certain field or area of expertise, but i wouldnt work there if you have been around the block in the business world and you know something is weird when you feel it.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Company has no clearly defined brand or direction

Jobs at Proximity Group, Inc.