Prudential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,794 reviews matching the search See all 1,982 reviews
Great environment
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Great company to work for. Great benefits package. The training program was 10 weeks long. You are given all of the information needed to succeed. I would definitely recommend working here.
Job is not as advertised and pushed by recruiter
Financial Professional (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2018
Compensation is far from what was advertised. You will be deep out of pocket before serious compensation even begins. Management is not present. On the plus side, hours are very flexible.
Productive enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 15, 2018
I love the job just looking for a better paying job and a better environment...i also looking to advance in a different profession..i would recommend this job to anyone that is trying to become a security guard security officer
Enjoyable Workplace
Planning & Analysis Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 15, 2018
Prudential is an enjoyable place to work. The work environment is challenging and encourages engagement and a culture of learning. I would recommend it to others.
wonderful
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PAJuly 12, 2018
I have had nothing but great things to say about working at prudential. They have treated me wonderfully and really show you on a daily basis how lucky they are to have you.
nice place to work
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 11, 2018
nice place to work. Wish my project had continued for long but it was scrapped midway. My lead and the product owner wer very helpful and supportive. I got all the help i needed.
Great first job for college grad
General Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAJuly 11, 2018
I learned a lot about the corporate setting being my first job out of college. As a temp I felt like my role wasn't valued that much and they promised full time employment and in reality gave it to one/two people out of 12 after about a year and a half.
Pros
Good food in the cafeteria
Cons
No benefits through a temp agency
On par with most fortune 500 companies
ADECCO Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 10, 2018
When I began working here in 2008 as a consultant, it seemed like a great company, but as time has gone by it's become less desirable to work here. (No advancement opportunities and salary increases are nonexistent)
Benefits
Cons
Salary
good company to start your insurance career
Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 9, 2018
good company to start your career with had training if you needed it and benefits and flexible hours but this was over 20 years ago which means no cell phones and no internet
fast paced, ever changing, but great benefits
Sr. Customer Serivce Associate - Annuities (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 8, 2018
In my particular role, being a case manager of problem cases, it can be high stress with demanding turnaround times for resolutions with a running book of 25-40 cases. 4-8 new ones each day. Management knows that we are under staffed but not able to bring in any new hires due to budget constrains within the business. Knowing that we are a high demand unit, you would think they would want to staff properly taking into consideration how many people will be off on PTO on any given day (maybe there is more to this behind the scene w/senior mgmt, not sure). That said work/life balance is not as ideal as it could be. A nice plus is being able to work overtime and get paid for it and working remotely as often as needed. Also, if you meet expectations in the role, come the annual review, a raise in salary is always given and bonuses are provided at year end depending on any extra project work completed.
Pros
can work remotely, benefits, paid overtime, annual raises
Cons
high stress, under staffed

Want to know more about Prudential?

Ask a question
Real Estate Sales
Commercial Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 8, 2018
Typical Real Estate office. Commissioned work, fairly risky inconsistent income, No team atmosphere. Some infighting and office politicking. Clicks were formed.
Great Company
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 8, 2018
Great company that serves their community and employees well.
the workplace culture is great, coworkers are awesome and management is engaged with employees.
Pros
flexible schedul
Cons
commission only
Same as NYL
Agent (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJuly 6, 2018
I was only there for the time I was studying and learning the life insurance products. I was not sure it was right for me so I moved on after passing the exams.
Good Co to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 6, 2018
Stable Company, good work culture, lots of opportunities. The hardest part of the job had to do with department restructuring. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling like my coworkers were family.
That was a life time ago ! Im not sure if there office still is operating.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Middletown New JerseyJuly 5, 2018
I can say my job there was over nineteen years ago. I sold real estate I loved it and made a lot of money in a short period of time. However, when my second son was born I was back to a stay at home mom. I have not returned to real estate since.
Notes
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 5, 2018
I was an employee there for one year. Setting up their books online to begin the process of new company. The paper flow was from our sales area to the corporate office in Winston-Salem NC
It was amazing.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 5, 2018
It was amazing. The culture was supportive and encouraging. Lots of training classes keeping us in the loop at all times so we were a head of the market and all the changes coming and going. Lenders, lawyer and escrow reps held training, making sure we new changing rates new programs, new laws that might change the way we do things in are day to day business.
Great Time, Great People
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTJuly 4, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Prudential. Great management and overall company. Moved away but I would have taken my job with me if possible. Work Life Balance, and Benefits were great.
Meh
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 2, 2018
Office environment is uptight, and coworkers are clique-y. Sometimes, free lunch is provided!
Technology is average.
Office is lacking direction, and is without a clear leader.
Extremely Professional place to work with
Financial Service Associate / Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Newark USJuly 2, 2018
An awesome experience to work with Prudential Financial. My first opportunity to work in US and also with a diverse crowd was an amazing eye opener for me. I loved every bit of learning at Prudential.
Pros
Diversed Colleagues in Team
Cons
No cons to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prudential.

Powered by Comparably