Prudential Employee Reviews

Stressful and commission only
investment firm staff and the public (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 23, 2018
I was successful at my job for six years, but the stress took a toll and it was affecting my family. I had to make a difficult decision to walk away. Inconsistent income was hard to deal with.
Fun
Creative Director, Slate Magazine (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2018
Working as a contract Creative Director for Prudential was a challenging and memorable experience. The people are friendly and professional. Overall, it was a great experience.
Great Experiance
Early Training Program Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 21, 2018
I loved interning there, great environment, great people! They were willing to help interns adjust to Prudential. Pru strongly supported higher education.
basic background
Annuity Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTApril 20, 2018
Typical Day was setting up contracts.
Learned about direct roll overs vs. roll overs and the implications it has.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the often change in management.
Most enjoyable part was co-workers, we worked together as a team and covered each others position when needed.
People were great to work with!
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJApril 20, 2018
Collaborative place to work, people were great however the division was sold after the company went public. There were frequent reorgs prior to that due to poor management (company president changed almost every year).
Productive and friendly workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILApril 18, 2018
It is a small office environment that has friendly employees. People are focused on work and understanding that good communication can help the business and the client.
Great Employer
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 18, 2018
Prudential offers many opportunities and benefits to their employees and has a workplace culture that is hard to beat. It offers flexible working arrangements to its employees which is helpful in managing the many challenges of the job.
Decent
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 17, 2018
I was only at prudential for a small time, however this is what I learned there: the culture at Prudential was very good. I liked the people I worked with.
Pros
Cons
Inability for management to realize talent
Excellent Company to work for
Sr. Financial Analysis Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 17, 2018
Working a Prudential was a great overall experience. I left due to maternity and am presently looking to go back. I feel the company is one of the best I've worked for. Not only do they fairly compensate but they also allow for a great work life balance. Highly recommend!
Pros
salary, work life balance
Cons
Company valued work life balance but found office to be very beuracratic
International Forwarding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYApril 16, 2018
Company was very rigid. Hard to implement changes. Was brought in to implement transportation department. 9/11 terrorist attacks occurred which put the brakes on any changes. Company did offer stock options at the time they went public. Good 401K program and liberal policy in regards to taking time off.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 16, 2018
Nobody tries to help you at this company. They definitely have their "favorites", and aren't afraid to let you know who is their favorites are. I hated every minute at this company.
Cut throat
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 16, 2018
Supported a manager for 5 years. He was ungrateful, rude, brass and wouldn't let me move to another department since it would look bad for him if his admin left. Only way out was to quit.
Cons
poor management
Competitive and productive workplace.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2018
Prudential was a great place to work for someone that was competitively driven. The company invested in its sales representative education and knowledge of the industry. It made sure that we knew every aspect fo sales and were prepared to close deals.
Great Way To Learn To Run a Business
Realtor Consultant Trusted Advisor (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAApril 14, 2018
This was a business where we were all independent contractors in charge of developing our own business within the corporate structure and reputation of our principal broker.
Family atmosphere
Manager, Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAApril 13, 2018
The best part of working at Prudential is work/life balance and the people you work with. I took an average of 2 hours of work home with me everyday. On call once every 4-6 weeks for 7 days. They try to stay up on technology.
Pros
The people
Collaborative work place
Manage (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 13, 2018
Collaborative work place that allows for growth and development opportunity.

Provides work flexibility such as us of remote-access.

Exposure to senior management
Great place to work with advancement opportunities
Defined Contribution Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 13, 2018
Prudential is where I started my financial career. It was a great place to learn about the industry and to get licensed. They paid well at the time, and fought to keep you in the department/company if you were a valued employee.
Pros
great salary, bonus, benefits, atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 12, 2018
They cared about their people, made the changes necessary for the organization and did it in a thoughtful way. They were difficult to go through, but the company came out ahead in the end.
Prudential
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 12, 2018
Fast- paced work environment with lots of opportunities to generate business at a high level. This job requires commitment and persistence. Prudential provides its agents with excellent support and assistance to help them be among the best in the industry.
Collateral Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 12, 2018
I liked the company. It was fun. Mostly everyone is nice. The company offers very good benefits to their employees. Human Resources are very nice and helpful.
Pros
modern facility
Cons
bad neighborhood

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

73out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prudential.