Prudential Employee Reviews

Found 2,176 reviews matching the search See all 2,414 reviews
Good work-life balance but a lot of politics and not many career advancement opportunities
Senior Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 14, 2018
The company overall is great especially to start your career but after a while your career is more likely to stagnate than advance if you stay. The work environment is great is some groups but the company severely underpays.
Maanagement
Financial Professional (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 13, 2018
I had a very good manager at Prudential. She was clear about expectations, and kept me accountable. There was a local office that was closed due to rental cost. The result was a very stringent commute.
Pros
Advancement opportunity
Cons
Limited product line
Summary
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 13, 2018
Good experience. I was there as a consultant. Directed the upgrade and migration of Oracle databases, as well as the delivery of compliance projects to address external web-facing application vulnerabilities to align with audit requirements. Led the installation and migration of AIX application databases to Oracle super cluster, as well as the upgrade of Informatica to support main business applications.
Good company
Director, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJDecember 13, 2018
Prudential is a good solid company. No complaints. In my opinion it is better to work in the area of Asset Management rather than the corporate office.
Vice President, Information Security (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 13, 2018
Pru is a good place to wok with a lot of good people to work with. There are opportunities for associates to work on exciting and engaging projects. I highly recommend this company.
Great place, wasn't for me.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 12, 2018
It was a great place to work but the amount of time the was needed to for this job was more than I was willing to part with. (Including commute). Overall I would recommend this job for someone willing to work in an office all day.
Pros
Pay, Experience, Opertunity, Benifits
Cons
Time Consumption
Tough business
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCDecember 12, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed the management and trainers at Prudential. The product itself, insurance and financial services, was very difficult to sale in this economy and in my geographic area. I was not cut out for insurance sales!
Coworkers worked will together
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 10, 2018
It is a great company to work for and the pay included benefits. Enjoyed working with the people and for the company, l learned a great deal about the processing of life claims and helping the beneficiaries.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short lunch time
Great place
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 10, 2018
With Prudential you have a lot of flexibility. I believe that they are a great company but need to work on fixing some things internally that would be helpful for the Advisors working for them. Training structured has changed many times in the 2.5 years ive been with them and unfortunately you don't get a mentor that helps you with your practice and shaping you to become the person you want to be. I love my manager but he took on a lot of work and it makes it difficult for him to tend to the needs of his Advisors under him.
Independent agent Realtor
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CADecember 9, 2018
Good company basic training and great start to a competitive career in sales. It’s a dog eat dog in the real world of sales, so it’s what you make of it.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Worked as a independent.
Adminastrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 5, 2018
Everyone is super nice and takes time to work and train you. If have any questions they answer them and very family oriented and they genuinely care about there workers.
Unrealistic Expectations of Sales Agents
Financial Professional Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2018
Working as a Financial Professional is a commission-based position. It was difficult to earn a decent living due to the company's complex pay structure and commission formula.
Pros
Elite Business Brand
Cons
Bad Business Model for Agents
Company is changing
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 30, 2018
The company has gone through a lot of change in the past two years. Along with that, those who play the political game well have thrived, sometimes at the expense of those who have been doing the actual work. Still, it's a great place to learn and there is a ton of opportunity for anyone at a junior level.
Great people, ambitious plans, slightly dysfunctional.
VP, Product Management (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 30, 2018
The Customer Office at Prudential has a great start-up culture, but significant growth over the past few years has lead to a slightly dysfunctional organizational structure. It's a work in progress.

Overall, great place to work.
System & Application Technician
Senior Programmer / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 28, 2018
Worked in a System Support group interfacing with application personnel using IDMS to create ADHOC reports using Culprit and OLQ also initiated on-line system enhancements to the Short Term Analysis and Reporting Systems.
Anxiety Attacks
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PANovember 28, 2018
During this time period, Prudential, was attempting to force me to resign. I was one of the higher paid employees, with many years of service. Every day became a struggle. I left on long term disability.
Pros
building a new payout system
Cons
trying to find assignments
Satisfactory
Director - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 28, 2018
My career at Prudential met my professional goals. Many challenges and opportunities to demonstrate your abilities as a professional. Overall a satisfactory experience.
I had fun meeting and getting to know everyone there.
Financial Adviser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 27, 2018
I felt privileged to have work for Prudential , it was my dream come true. I enjoyed my bosses and coworkers it was a fun atmosphere. However Because of Personal Problems and Family issues , I resigned
Pros
the Clout and the Pay
Cons
Very competitive
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
The lack of management involvement surprised me due to when bringing in new agent you expect there to be a extensive training program. Instead it was just pass your series exams and get to work. not a fun experience
i was a sales agent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  northern virginiaNovember 26, 2018
The company gave me great training. The company also had great support for their agents. It was my first job and I really liked working for a top fortune 100 company at that time.
Pros
benefits were great for a young man with 2 small children and his wife
Cons
corporate politics was something i had to get used to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prudential.

Powered by Comparably