Prudential Employee Reviews

Found 2,113 reviews matching the search See all 2,337 reviews
Office Assistant/Complaint Operations (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 22, 2018
Working at prudential was wonderful. though the project O was on ended, I loved being on the team and felt my contributions were valued each day as a employee
Great Workplace, Great people
Investment Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 22, 2018
I was able to develop essential career skills at Prudential. Project management and Leadership skills have vastly improved at my time there. Career advancement is limited though depending on what group you're in.
Good investment and insurance company.
Financial Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 19, 2018
Good investment and insurance company, They provided a varieties of investment products and services to client. Have good benefits for its worker. There are some traveling and off hour works.
First job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 18, 2018
Very scary. With my size and where i live it was very challenging. Cool hours and places i was stationed. Met alot of people with good resources. First job so taught me alot of responsibility with making sure things are done by the book. Wasnt many mistakes made.
Great Worklife Balance!
Financial Reporting Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 18, 2018
Great worklife balance, benefits, and PTOs. Not as cut throat as other firms. Compensation could be better as well as management involvement. Overall, great company to work for!
First Career
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 17, 2018
Provided support to the Business Manager and others. Assisted with U-4 filing, continuing education for Registered Representatives. Maintained compliance Library, resolved customer issues.
Pros
Co-Worker Friendly
Cons
Company Reorganization
Fun and Great learning opportunities
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 16, 2018
This was my first real job working a full time schedule for a corporate firm. I learned a lot about the financial business and how the inner workings of wall street worked. It was very fast paced and educational at the same time.
Pros
Great Learning Exp and Mentorshi[
Cons
Not too many
Great company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJOctober 16, 2018
I worked for Prudential for over eight years. I was fortunate to move around the firm a lot. I'd highly recommend PGIM Fixed Income. I was very well trained.
Prudential
Sr. Investment Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJOctober 15, 2018
Prudential is a great place to work with many opportunities. Unfortunately the last department that I was in the management was not as I expected. Prior work at Prudential was very rewarding but due to a down turn in the economy the department was dissolved.
Pros
great benefits and the 401 investments are wonderful
Cons
location of headquarters
Commission only for self-starters
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
This company requires you to be able to start your own business from scratch. They provide you with the resources but you must create a structure on your own to succeed. It is a SALES position and SALES come first.
Good environment, hard to move up
Senior Audit Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 15, 2018
It is difficult to move up internally, as there is a 'clique' culture in many departments. Despite claims that they are seeking diversity of thought, they tend to only hire with specific experience.
Underpaid Overworked
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2018
Prudential operates like a small company and large company at the same time. There is plenty of opportunity to take on new projects and create interesting work, but there are also very ridged protocols that no one is able to change. Each year the workload increases but funding and employees remains the same or is reduced. Benefits and retirement is great, annual bonus and raise was about 5% each every year. Although overall the compensation is below market average.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Competitive
sales and client relationship cycle (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2018
it was ok. You eat what you kill. Must be diligent with constant marketing, networking, looking constantly for anyone to talk to. Very competitive, commission only.
Prudential work place
CLAIMS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 14, 2018
Great company to work for. Great people, team players, challenging but rewarding. Hardest part of job was processing death claims to beneficiaries that were upset on phone. Enjoyed working with all of my co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none that I can think of
This was a long time ago i do not remember.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 14, 2018
Overall the job was good. I worked 40 hours a week and the benefits were very good at the time. I do not know what it is like now. I worked there over 35 years ago.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Far from home
Prudential was a great place to work!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Prudential and would recommend it to anyone! The environment was always very professional and encouraged teamwork and collaboration.
Old Money Company Trying to Update
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAOctober 11, 2018
Definitely a solid old money and traditional workplace. They do not move fast and are not able to modernize their policies or processes to stay ahead of more nimble companies.
Good Not Great
Annuity Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAOctober 11, 2018
Great environment but could use some improvements in the management review processes. The working environment was good and I always felt secure here with security.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Low Pay
Good company
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 10, 2018
The company is great to work, but may not be that rewarding and providing enough compensation to who deserves. Good work/life balance offered to those who needed,
Good company to start your career
Quantitative Risk Management Snr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 9, 2018
Company work culture is relaxed. Management isnt the most helpful in terms of growth, but there are a lot of opportunities to grow/move internally. Typical work day can be a mix bag.
Benefits
Cons
Slow growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss