Prudential Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,834 reviews matching the search See all 2,032 reviews
Very Professional
Home and Land Sales (Former Employee) –  Reno, NV 89502August 14, 2018
I think Prudential is a professional and caring company. I enjoyed working for them for 13 years. I hope them all the best as they seek to meet the needs of their clients. God Bless.
A Good Company
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2018
Responsible for the education of new and existing clients around the financial Markets.
prospecting is a large part of what we do on a day to day basis.
Provide detailed financial plans designed to meet and exceed our clients financial goals.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Compensation has been lowered across the board
Like a Calm Storm but in a Good Gay
Annuities Associate, Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 13, 2018
Prudential can be fast paced and crazy however there are many people to support you and get you on the feet. Once an employee gets into the rhythm of the job, but becomes much easier. Most you encounter in the company are kind well rounded folk who are more than happy to help you when you ask.

the work load can be overwhelming, but it is not unmanageable once you set down and start on it and really put your mind to it. The jobs requested are fair and do help build confidence in kids just out of college. I can honestly say I have grown a lot and have more confidence in myself.

I am taking every opportunity I have to get into a permanent position within this company
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
short window of employment for temp workers-- difficult to renew before termination
Remote worker
Underwriting Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 12, 2018
My position was specialized. The opportunity to advance or move laterally existed if I wanted to pursue a different position and take the course work and job training available. However, I had been planning to switch careers and return to social services. My position was eliminated in December 2017.
Pros
Ability to work remotely, great benefits, company treats employees very well
Cons
My position was isolating, minimal interaction with others, lack of stimulation or opportunities to do something different.
Contractor
Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 10, 2018
I was only there for 18 months as a contractor. So I really did not get a feel for being an FTE. I was transferred with the Hartford Life group. Very much like The Hartford.
Lots of phone calls
Financial / Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 9, 2018
You need a strong and vast natural market for this job or you will spend many frustrating hours on the phone trying to make some money. They offer okay pay when you start but after a few months you are expected to be on your own.
Great benefits, competitive pay
Customer Transition Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 9, 2018
I was with Prudential in various roles for 7 years. I was able to advance and increase my pay by over $18k in the time I was there. It was a great learning experience and the benefits were great. I started in life insurance asset retention where I spent a majority of my career - advancing to into more challenging roles within the department. My final 2 years were spent on the Customer Transition Team, selling primarily term and universal life insurance in a call center environment.
Benefits
Cons
Corporate Policies
Annuity Rep
Annuity Associate / Cross Functional Support (Former Employee) –  Dresher, PAAugust 9, 2018
Good place to work years ago. We had team building events, cultural events, and everyone supported one another. Later years micro-managing arose and caused employees to leave.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Micromanaging
Pleasant working environment
Team Lead - Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 8, 2018
Typical day - due diligence for commercial properties acquisitions,
analysis of equity Reconciliation report, preparation of Debt Covenants schedule and reports; monthly Variance analysis, IRR calculation.
I learned how to use Pivot tables, V- look up function in Excel.
The Management was very knowledgeable and supportive.
Workplace culture was based on a team play and support of a co-workers.
The hardest part of the job - long working hours at the end of each quarter.
The most enjoyable part was - being very friendly with co-workers and going out with them quite often.
Pros
very reputable company and interesting job
Cons
low salary
Overall it was a learning experience.
Financial Professional Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 7, 2018
Working at Prudential was a stepping stone in order to move my career back into an office environment. Additionally I was able to receive my series 6 & 63 licenses.
Flexible hours for employees
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 6, 2018
They have flexible hours and opportunity to work from home. I have very understanding managers that knew family comes first. It is the main reason I have stayed with the company.
High Turn over
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 6, 2018
Great if you already have a book of business. They ask for friends and family and then give you some wore out leads. good training program. so that helped
Prudential
Defined Benefits Associate (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 6, 2018
Good culture and work environment. Everyone was extremely polite and helpful. This was my first professional job and I learned a lot. I would recommend this company to a friend.
Great place to work.
Sr. Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 5, 2018
The Management was amazing, staff was engaged, however, very stressful due to fast paced environment. They offered many benefits and help employees advance their career.
High point of my career
Talent Acquisition Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
I would never leave Prudential, if possible. amazing, inclusive and positive culture. I learned to be a manager. Love my work in recruiting. Love the flexible work schedule and ability to drive my own work process without being micromanaged but having active positive coaching. Pension plan is great!
Great workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work; fitting pay and benefits, great coworkers. Incentives and great office atmosphere. Call center, working with investments and retirement benefits.
Pros
Incentives, benefits, pay
Cons
Short lunch, benefit options
Working out the Kinks
Manager, Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 1, 2018
Their agency program is being revamped and needs a few more years before they get it perfect. I was use to the NY LIfe structure and needed more autonomy that I was offered at Prudential
.Overall good place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 31, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Not too many complaints. Nice people. Pay wages could be better and the opportunity to grow in the company could be better. I would recommend for a started job
Good for the right person
Financial Professional Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 31, 2018
You need to have a fairly extensive network of people to reach out to when you start. If you can't reach out to find clients, you will struggle. I started as a college grad so almost everyone I knew was in college or just out of college. That market either does not need a financial adviser or does not see the need for one. Therefore finding people to meet with and do business was hard. Management helped as much as they can, but ultimately its about what you do.
Pros
Extremely flexible schedule
Cons
No base salary
Great Place to Learn
Architecture & Technology Enablement Intern (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 30, 2018
I learned a lot as an intern at Prudential and was constantly mentored throughout the program. Upper Management makes sure to meet with interns and talk about career advancement post graduation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Prudential.

Powered by Comparably