PruittHealth Employee Reviews

Can’t pay me enough to stay
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCDecember 30, 2018
The workplace culture is bad...gossip, cliches, staff is unhappy and it shows. The residents are shuffled around like cattle, spoken to rudely and most days left waiting by the bathroom for assistance. The building is dirty and falling apart due to manager and staff shortages. I honestly do not have one positive thing to say about the company or it’s staff. However the residents are kind and just want to be cared for...very sad situation at Carolina Gardens of Harbison. I will note PruittHealth no longer manages this community however knew full well what was going on under their tenure.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Work culture, resident treatment
Crisis oriented with poor leadership in management.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Eastern NCDecember 28, 2018
Hospice is naturally crisis oriented and yet management did little to provide true leadership and minimize the effects of crisis aspects of hospice. Instead, productivity was the bottom line, and performance reviews were always low rated, and salary disparities between disciplines was huge ($5-10k+...). It was expected that employees "go, go, go," and that "above and beyond" the call of duty. I'd not advise working for this company...
Pros
Few
Cons
Low salary, poor benefits, low milage, high mixed demands...
Management needs a change.
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 29, 2018
A typical day is having to talk to the residents about the newspaper tv news or just what is happening each day. I learned that the elderly just want someone to talk to and give them a little attention. The hardest part of my job is sitting. Pruitt was a very busy place with guest in and out and nursing going back and forth to assist the residents.
Pros
You meet lots of people
Cons
when a residents needs are not met.
Great place to work at good supervisors also
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJanuary 26, 2019
Great place to work at great supervisors also fast pace a lot of help also Co workers are great bosses Love them all Family members also was great Back part about it when people call in a Makes the shift harder
Pros
Food was great also
Cons
The hard part about the job is when people call in makes the job harder put the staff short
Terrible place
Dietary (Former Employee) –  Union County, NCNovember 14, 2018
Administrator has to go. People falling out of bed calling for help and nobody checks on them. this has happened more than once..Then the resident passed on. They only believe the nursing staff and nobody else. There is no help from upper management they go on lunch for hours, 3 of them. There is clicks. They need to come out of there office and help just like other managers do, you are no better.
No 3-11or midnight cna's ,, this has been happening for weeks ... we had 1 CNA on rehab side and 1 cna for the whole shift. It was beyond terrible. When state comes in its everyone out and helping. I feel bad for the residents they ring call bells and they sit there for hours. To be helped.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Upper Management, Pto
Fun place and just follow the rules.
Admission Director (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 14, 2019
People say so many things about Pruitt. However, it is a place that remains consistent and yes there are changes however the grass is not always greener. You have to learn to be happy with yourself and eventually everything will fall in place.
Pros
Everyone likes to eat and great managers
Cons
gain 5 pounds in the first two weeks
Poor operating company to work for
Administrator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 13, 2018
If you work in the Georgia area you seem to fair better. The NC offices don't get much support. Pruitt cares very little about it's partners and upper management is not supportive of it's offices. There Is very little education or orientation for staff. I would not recommend working here unless there was no where else to work.
Pros
bonding with patients
Cons
no work life balance, no support
Trying to get all of your work done in 8 hours.
Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 28, 2018
I was salaried and when employees would leave to get a better job which was not hard to do I would have to step in and work on the floor and was also made to do my own job as well. You get paid for 40 but some times work up to 50/60 hours a week. I had to work a month straight to get a day off working times from 5:30 - 7:30 with no overtime. Lucky for me I got one day off then had to come back and work another month. My manager comes to me and says I'm worried about you and your department. They send patient to the building with not enough staff to take care of them.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, management always changing, Sorry Insurance
Morale low. Management only cares about census.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 20, 2019
Run as fast as you can away. No incentive to stay always short staff. Problems are bigger than anyone one person can fix. Mental health mixed with long-term more like homeless shelter. Sometimes threatened by family members no support from management.
Pros
Cons
Interrupted breaks and lunches
They’re need to get a new housekeeper manager
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 25, 2018
The manager there wanted you to have laundry done by 11 pm and that’s impossible to have done with only one person doing the laundry taking the trash out and also going on the floor and restocking the cart for the cna and pullling all the dirty laundry and then separated the laundry and u have to wash the towels and sheets together and then wash the laundry that has stool on them separate and wash them twice and then wash and dry the linens and try folding everything up and then if it wasn’t done u would lose your job that’s not how u treat someone the housekeeping manager has a really nasty attitude
Pros
No free lunch
Awful
LCSW (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCOctober 24, 2018
Pruitt, specifically the hospice in North Wilkesboro, is the most corrupt and unethical company I have ever seen or been apart of. I would not recommend this company to anyone seeking employment (in any capacity) or in need of hospice services. Management and staff (those who are friends with management) are so self-serving, that the needs of patients always comes secondary. Additionally, there are poor benefits, no respect, and no compassion. I am certain there are better hospice agencies to chose to be apart of.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Almost everything
Don’t do it!!! And if you have, Get Out!!!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAOctober 20, 2018
There are actually no words to describe the unprofessionalism that this place represents. From the cliques to the staff coming and going as they please. I regret the day that I walked into that building... thinking I could make a difference. I was one against many and my goal was only to care for the patients. My fear is they are still being neglected and abused and cooperate nor The powers that be care about the care that their mediocre nurses are providing. If you are there, leave while you can and if you plan to go there.... Don’t!!!
Pros
Last day
Cons
Management, cliques, lack of care
This company is a joke
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 27, 2019
Corporate has no clue as to what happens in any of the buildings they are more focused on pushing a political agenda and about numbers (profit) nothing regarding resident care.
Pros
Some staff are committed to giving great care
Cons
pay, advancement, corporate does not respect their managment teams
Terrible atmosphere, low pay.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 16, 2018
The pay is laughable, $2 below the towns average pay for a pharmacy technician. The hours are unreasonable. There is no reason that it should take 14 hours a day being open to get the routes out the door. Hire more people to get the job done, properly service the packaging machine to reduce malfunctions, etc. Or you know what, use the 401K money that you took away to buy a second packaging machine since Mr. Pruitt wont stop buying new homes and the work is going to get even busier. Hurry before everyone else jumps ship.
Pros
Cons
Drama, long days, low pay, insufficient equipment
Worst unethical company I have had the displeasure to work for.
Ex- Maintenance Director (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCOctober 14, 2018
Liars, cheaters, backstabbers and don't pay their vendors making it impossible to obtain outside help. Ghetto atmosphere nasty rooms with bug infestations. Crack heads and drunk residents sit in the parking lot all hours of the night getting high.Would never recommend this place for anyone to work or leave their family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Administrator too involved with boyfriend than her job duties.
No way am I going back
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 9, 2019
I started my job less than 8 weeks ago, and I got let go today and blamed for things that weren't my responsibility, it was 2nd shifts responsibility. There's lack of CNAs, literally ONE CNA for the whole night last night for 68 residents. That is absolutely ridiculous and they didn't even try to call anyone in. The nurses do not help at all, even for a simple thing such as watching me use the lift in case they fall or something goes wrong. I ask for help because I'm still new and everyone rolls their eyes at you and keeps on walking. Pruitt health of Moultrie is a joke. They need to hire the right people to come in and work instead of a bunch of people that are going to come in for one or two checks and leave. They're never going to get any good help if they don't change their attitudes in there.
Pros
Loved my residents
Cons
This whole place needs to be turned around or it's going to fall to the ground
Lousy benefits
Senior Nurse Consultant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, Ga.December 16, 2018
Benefits are horrible and Pruitt has systematically cut benefits. No longer have tuition reimbursement, insurance options are lousy, no more matching 401-K, no more profit sharing PTO, no holiday pay, mileage reimbursement lousy. Overall, stingy company and there is absolutely no incentive to work there.
Good first job for new graduate in the therapy fields
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 6, 2019
Pruitt is a relaxed paced environment which allows for an easy initial experience for new graduates. The therapy team is great and always willing to assist each other in any way. I have made great friends working here and am sad to be leaving due to relocation.
Spring Valley Nursing in Elberton Ga
Cook/Aid (Current Employee) –  Elberton, GANovember 18, 2018
Wear not allowed to order food there cause we can’t.. It so sad that we can’t give the Residents a decent Breakfast meal only Ceral not alone of that don’t have enough for to serve them for lunch or dinner Sad.. The Administration doesn’t care how wear feeding these Residents Some one needs to come here and help these people
Cons
No Care
No real future
Billing (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 22, 2018
PruittHealth is a a poor managed company. The benefits aren't the best and the PTO policy is a joke. You're only paid for Christmas and nothing more. You will have to use what ever PTO you have for other holidays. There are people who have worked for this company for years and has yet to ever lay eyes on Mr. Pruitt, upper management are blind to the company needs. They do promote within a lot. There is a lot of cover ups that happen in that company. You job is really not secure because they are eliminating positions all the time and adding more stress to people to cover. They have a foundation that is an absolute joke please di\on't fall into that. If you're just looking for a place to go to get a little experience and leave then ok go but don't look for good pay or benefits
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
pay, benefits, management, pto, leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PruittHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6