PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
MajorMess
LPN (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 18, 2018
Poor schedulers, no communications with staff. Often sent on assignments nobody at residence. Terrible conditions for patients..Caseworkers are about getting more cases and do not follow up with already est, cases
Pros
Working with childern
Cons
No support from staff or supervisors
Great People
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 16, 2018
Great people, very understanding in all ways, school was never an issue, never had anyone watching my back or felt like i ever did something wrong. Not so many hours as desired and very lenient
Cons
comission
Psa
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28303August 14, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at PSA. My employers were willing to help at any time. The company seemed to be managed very well. There was lots of room for growth
Fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 11, 2018
It is an great place to work, but could offer better health insurance. I enjoy working for the company just right now I don't have a client and need to be working.
Pros
Get to meet new people
Cons
Bring your own food to eat
was a fine place to work
Home Healthcare Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2018
it is a fine place to work for right person. pt are very kind. have to have a lot of interaction with the pt family members. it is a fine place to work
Worked as Externship
Medical Office Externship (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAAugust 9, 2018
Only worked here as an intern. People were not friendly and they didn't show you much. Lots of filing and very little billing. On the externship that was about all they had me do.
Pros
location
Very fast paced environment
PHARMACY SERVICES ADVOCATE for Prime Therapeutics (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my job there. The most enjoyable part of my job as that I spoke with customers all day every day. The least enjoyable part was the long drive to and from work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No healthcare
This place will work you until you drop and then criticize your performance
School Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLAugust 1, 2018
The lady in charge of hiring is on a constant power trip. She will insist you work so many hours a day you are totally drained.
She will make promises she has no intentions of keeping. Her dishonesty makes you feel like you as a employee and as a person does not matter. If she was not there it would be a better place to work.
Pros
You get a lot of hours
Cons
Management does not follow through with their promises.
loved my clients
Community Care Transitions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2018
I truly enjoyed the work I did in all different areas. I really liked working with clients and assisting them to remain in their homes. Management was very poor from CEO.
Great hands on training
HOME HEALTH LPN (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 22, 2018
Probably the most organized and hands on agency I've worked for. They are very thorough and provide you with everything you need for Vital signs unlike other agencys that prefer you purchase your own equipment. I liked this agency but there is not any room for growth in home care. They do have benefits but pay very poorly and make it almost impossible to get a raise. They start you off at $19 an hour and you have to wait a year and apply for a raise. You have to have an interview and review for the raise by several people just for a $0.40 increase and you cannot apply again for a raise. There are several other agencys that start off at $25.
Pros
great hands on training
Cons
poor pay

Want to know more about PSA Healthcare?

Ask a question
Workplace
LPN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2018
Enjoy working with clients. Staffing selfish with referrals for new cases. Give them to who they want. Case managers good, office staff hopeless. Communication is lost.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Pay is outdated, no benefits, lousy holiday $$$
The payment to the worker is very low
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 14, 2018
They pay the register nurse only one dollar difference with the LPN,the average payment is $17 per hours that is a shame for a registered nurse.they don't rise the payment.
Pros
Good team work and flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay rate per hours
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 9, 2018
The management staff was compassionate. They don't throw new employees into the job without any training. They have them shadow a nurse for five weeks. The want to set up their employees for success not failure.
Pros
Able to get to know your patients
Cons
Hard to have social life due to all the paper work.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2018
I appreciated psa for having me, and giving me the opportunity to learn more with the patient. Also helped developed more on my abiliy and skills. Thanks
Don't waste your time
A/R Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2018
This company brought me on as a Temp. I was thankful for the opportunity but my supervisor was lazy, my trainer had no patience and my manager barely acknowledged anyone on our team. They claimed I didn't grasp the system we worked in but with coming to a new company I feel (3 weeks) still isn't long enough to learn a whole system and it's processes. Especially when you have various situations. This company didn't have time for my desire to learn their system and to eventually thrive in my position. Good luck if you are hired as a Collector here.
Pros
None (Wasn't there long enough)
Cons
Poor Training, Unenthusiastic management, Misconceptions on productivity
Lpn
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PAJuly 5, 2018
Home care was not for me. The families were mean. Some of the house had cockroaches crawling on me. I would sign up for 8 hour days and get stuck for 12 hours because the parent or next shift would not show up. The children were fun to take care of. The pay was great.
Pros
pay
Cons
schedule and staff relieving you
Productive and easy to work with. Frielbdly environment
Patient Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJuly 2, 2018
This is a great place to work to gain experience and have a feel for what hospital setting. Senior nurses are very approachable and willing to teach us PSA. Young nurses had the opportunity to shine and show what they learn from training etc.
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
healthcare not too great, pay is low
Active location
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparta, NJJune 28, 2018
Active location with goals that while admirable, simply were not acheivable. Unclear communication from top management. Pay is poor for responsibilities required. Co workers were pleasure to work with
Pros
Occasional free lunch. Ability to teach
Cons
As above
It is home health, so every home is unique
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32404June 27, 2018
Home health is a tricky position, however for the most part the homes are clean in your working area and everything is labeled and placed appropriately.
PSA Healthcare
PEDIATRIC NURSE (Former Employee) –  Dallas TX, Burleson TXJune 24, 2018
This was a decent home health company to work for. They showed a genuine concern for patient safety and well-being. However, they had too many nurses and not enough patients. I was available for a full-time position, but had weeks where they only had openings totaling 10 hours a week. Also, be prepared to travel far and often... The office staff was very pleasant (always willing to help and answer questions, "nurse appreciation" lunches at the main office, friendly office staff) and the company made sure to give you plenty of shadowing shifts if needed before having you work independently with a patient. The patients and families were generally very nice. This is a strictly pediatric company. You work a full shift (4 to 12 hrs) with one patient in their home, with no breaks. You will also occasionally accompany patients to doctor appointments and/or school.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Unstable schedule, too much travel