PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Go find another place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  GADecember 11, 2018
They keep missing up my pay check every week. Refusing to fix the tablets that they want you to chart on. Since the tablet just wipe out half of your nursing notes. The supervisors are lazy
i hated it
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 7, 2018
I severely disliked working here. The pay was awful. Assignments were spotty. There were zero benefits to working for this company. I cannot disrecommend them enough
Great company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Media, PADecember 1, 2018
PSA is a great comoany to work for as well as have for your needs. They provide quality care for their clients. They truly care about the staff and families.
Psa
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 28, 2018
I worked for PSA while I was Attending college the company did not want to work with my hours. I had a great family that I worked for. They staff in the office never know how to help when you called for advice.
Pros
Cons
not organized promise one postion and never gotten it
Good Home Healthcare Agency to work for...
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 16, 2018
PSA offers an informative & thorough general orientation for all new hires, in addition to hands on job specific orientation with a preceptor. They offer a competitive hourly rate, I worked part time at PSA so I can not comment on the quality of the benefits they provide because only full time employee receive benefits. Employees acrue paid sick, personal and vacation days as they work. PSA definitely did a great job matching me with clients I was comfortable caring for (I requested to not work with any children younger than 5 y/o), plus they are flexible when it comes to scheduling and will sit down with you, if needed, and put together a schedule that works for you and accommodates your needs. Also, PSA requires that you complete certain continuing education courses, which are all available to you free of charge through Mosby... and the courses you complete at PSA can be used towards your board of nursing's required CEU hours. This is a very good company to work for, the reason I had to resign from my position was lack of transportation after a MVA.
Pros
Very Flexible Schedule, thorough on the job training, free continuing education materials provided on PSA employee website....
Overall not the best company to work for
LPN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2018
This company has zero interest in taking care of their nurses, they offer zero incentives to stay as an employee, no earned time off, no paid vacation, very limited insurance benefits
good employer
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2018
consistent and thorough with skills match and training flexible scheduling extra hours if needed benefits need upgraded and it would be nice to have an incentive of PTO time for employees
Pros
flexibility
Cons
minimal benefits
Loved the Children
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAOctober 22, 2018
This was an awesome environment to work in if you love children. With that being said, management was extremely poor (though they are currently hiring a new Location Director.) The pay is extremely low, the hours are very long and they did not take the safety of the nurses within the home environment into consideration.
Pros
Flexibility, Interacted with great families, some great nurses
Cons
Long hours, Poor Management, No formal orientation process for Supervisors.
Hi My names is Angel
Telemarketer (Bi-Lingual) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed getting to work and all the co workers were always in a good mood. I would bring coffee to those I considered friends and some days Id bring donuts to for the whole staff. I was very well appreciated and everyone loved me. I never had any issue with anyone. I was always getting compliments from management for the good work I did. I kept my work place always clean and tidy. and would help others when needed. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most. Everyone was always very professional and friendly.
Pros
Always on time
Cons
NO cons
Poor mngmmt
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 17, 2018
Mgmnt oblivious to role unsupportive
Poor salary for hours worked
Cliques and unproductive atmosphere
Rude to patients and families
Mngmnt tolerates sleeping on the job by nurses
Great job!
Pediatric home care nurse-RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907October 9, 2018
This company definitely has some great travel advantages! I was able to have patients in two separate states and be flexible with scheduling. I definitely recommend this company.
Enjoyable working environment. Staff friendly, knowlegable and efficient.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
The staff were concerned with both the nurses and families needs. Did strive to find the best matches. The classes offered were enjoyable. As well as informative. Every member of the staff were willing to help resolve issues.
a place to learn but pay is not good
Caregiver to Adults (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 4, 2018
Not enough hours during the week and pay in not enough especially for the responsibilities we have on the job. No Stability for working hours on schedule.
I liked working with PSA
RN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
There is autonomy . The schedule was very flexible . The patient and family were unbelievably nice . Would definitely do it again . I believe that they have recently merged .
Great for Home Health, Awful for Communication
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I worked here for a year, they failed to tell me that my case was being discharged from home health, I had to remind them of this, they never called to place me with another case, the office was well over 3 hours away so if there were issues, I couldn't run to the office to obtain supplies.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Communication
Do not waste your time
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 28, 2018
This company awful. I recieved an email for a exit interview not sure why? I didnt work for a few weeks because they didnt have any cases for me......
Pros
Cons
staffing, communication, pay
No work/life balance
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 25, 2018
This is not a good job if you're looking for a consistent 9-5 job. Long 12 hour days with mandatory on call which isn't justly compensated for the extra hours of work put in. The job is quite stressful and the workplace culture is not great. The best part is the opportunity to quickly advance to a management position. But to advance long hours are expected sometimes staying until 7:30 or 8 working in the office. The goals that are required to reach each week are often set unrealistically making the employees constantly fail.
Pros
Free pizza once a week
Cons
Long hours, stressful, unrealistic goals/expectations
Only good for part time work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 24, 2018
PSA is extremely flexible, somewhat. That’s about the only
Positive thing I can say about working for this company. The office management is terrible. The pay is terrible. No mention of opportunities for increase pay or advancement. I work full-time and and put in a position where requesting time off is almost non existent due to the lack of hired nurses to work shift. Constant obligations to work extra by patient family and company. Very easy work job in itself but the pay is not good. $19.50/h and only if patient is trach and vent dependent. Toeherwose $17.50/h. CCM in the office play house all day making 60+ k a year (RNs) while we do all the grunt work and get minimal pay. Health “benefits” are a complete joke. Just not a very good company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
See description
PSA is a regional airline. I was a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
The typical day is getting up very early to be at the gate 45 minutes prior to departure.
What we learned in our month of training was SAFETY. We learned where the medical equipment was located on each aircraft, how to use it, and how to deplane passengers in the event of an emergency evacuation. We learned customer service skills, what to watch for while passengers were boarding, and all the FAA rules that were required to follow.

Management was unorganized and changed frequently.

I loved the crew members I flew with for the most part. Occasionally the other FA would not feel like working, and basically did not. I made sure all areas of service were competed prior to deplaning.

The hardest part was being away from home for 3-4 days at a time. I did not usually mind it, however, it was hard to trade trips with other FA's so I could be off for special occasions.

Most enjoyable was traveling and crew members. We had free flight benefits, so oftentimes my husband would fly to an overnight, which gave us the opportunity to discover different cities. We also flew to several tropical destinations for getaways.
Pros
Meeting new people, passengers and crew members. Traveling.
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, management and scheduling problems.
productive fun place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 18, 2018
PSA was a wonderful place to work for the first 19 years then they got brought out and they let go of most of the employees that had been there more than 15 years
Pros
good health benfits stability
Cons
now under new management about 7 years ago

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.