PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Poor mngmmt
Clinical Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 17, 2018
Mgmnt oblivious to role unsupportive
Poor salary for hours worked
Cliques and unproductive atmosphere
Rude to patients and families
Mngmnt tolerates sleeping on the job by nurses
Great job!
Pediatric home care nurse-RN/LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907October 9, 2018
This company definitely has some great travel advantages! I was able to have patients in two separate states and be flexible with scheduling. I definitely recommend this company.
Enjoyable working environment. Staff friendly, knowlegable and efficient.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 5, 2018
The staff were concerned with both the nurses and families needs. Did strive to find the best matches. The classes offered were enjoyable. As well as informative. Every member of the staff were willing to help resolve issues.
a place to learn but pay is not good
Caregiver to Adults (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAOctober 4, 2018
Not enough hours during the week and pay in not enough especially for the responsibilities we have on the job. No Stability for working hours on schedule.
I liked working with PSA
RN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 4, 2018
There is autonomy . The schedule was very flexible . The patient and family were unbelievably nice . Would definitely do it again . I believe that they have recently merged .
Great for Home Health, Awful for Communication
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 28, 2018
I worked here for a year, they failed to tell me that my case was being discharged from home health, I had to remind them of this, they never called to place me with another case, the office was well over 3 hours away so if there were issues, I couldn't run to the office to obtain supplies.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Communication
Do not waste your time
Pediatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Media, PASeptember 28, 2018
This company awful. I recieved an email for a exit interview not sure why? I didnt work for a few weeks because they didnt have any cases for me......
Pros
Cons
staffing, communication, pay
No work/life balance
Client Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 25, 2018
This is not a good job if you're looking for a consistent 9-5 job. Long 12 hour days with mandatory on call which isn't justly compensated for the extra hours of work put in. The job is quite stressful and the workplace culture is not great. The best part is the opportunity to quickly advance to a management position. But to advance long hours are expected sometimes staying until 7:30 or 8 working in the office. The goals that are required to reach each week are often set unrealistically making the employees constantly fail.
Pros
Free pizza once a week
Cons
Long hours, stressful, unrealistic goals/expectations
Only good for part time work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 24, 2018
PSA is extremely flexible, somewhat. That’s about the only
Positive thing I can say about working for this company. The office management is terrible. The pay is terrible. No mention of opportunities for increase pay or advancement. I work full-time and and put in a position where requesting time off is almost non existent due to the lack of hired nurses to work shift. Constant obligations to work extra by patient family and company. Very easy work job in itself but the pay is not good. $19.50/h and only if patient is trach and vent dependent. Toeherwose $17.50/h. CCM in the office play house all day making 60+ k a year (RNs) while we do all the grunt work and get minimal pay. Health “benefits” are a complete joke. Just not a very good company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
See description
PSA is a regional airline. I was a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2018
The typical day is getting up very early to be at the gate 45 minutes prior to departure.
What we learned in our month of training was SAFETY. We learned where the medical equipment was located on each aircraft, how to use it, and how to deplane passengers in the event of an emergency evacuation. We learned customer service skills, what to watch for while passengers were boarding, and all the FAA rules that were required to follow.

Management was unorganized and changed frequently.

I loved the crew members I flew with for the most part. Occasionally the other FA would not feel like working, and basically did not. I made sure all areas of service were competed prior to deplaning.

The hardest part was being away from home for 3-4 days at a time. I did not usually mind it, however, it was hard to trade trips with other FA's so I could be off for special occasions.

Most enjoyable was traveling and crew members. We had free flight benefits, so oftentimes my husband would fly to an overnight, which gave us the opportunity to discover different cities. We also flew to several tropical destinations for getaways.
Pros
Meeting new people, passengers and crew members. Traveling.
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, management and scheduling problems.
productive fun place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 18, 2018
PSA was a wonderful place to work for the first 19 years then they got brought out and they let go of most of the employees that had been there more than 15 years
Pros
good health benfits stability
Cons
now under new management about 7 years ago
Perfect place
Pediatric Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2018
I loved working for PSA, The hours were perfect, I had a great supportive management team that I could call on at anytime if I had any questions or doubts. My typical day was arriving at the house of my patient and would speak to the parents about how the patient did during the night and would ask if there were any concerns I need to focus on. I found my nitch as a Nurse and was loving. The hardest part about the job was the kids, I felt so bad for them but learned very quickly that these kids, my patients were my little heroes. After all the go through, the still just keep going with a happy face. I really enjoyed this job and was very upset when I had to leave due to Sterling Place and an issue beyond my control.
Pros
excellent management support
Cons
Being forced to leave, even though PSA fought for me to stay
Quick paced job
PSA (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Was a fun job to work at because you made tips and got to communicate with people all over the world. would recommend to any highschool or college student
Pros
really long shifts
Cons
sometimes no break and really long shifts
Flexability
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 6, 2018
Not much room for advancement or raises, years of being with the company without any pay increase. Working with special needs is very rewarding and enriching, helping to make a difference in the lives of many clients and their families is Awesome!!!
good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2018
They gave me the opportunity to work with children, so that was great. They were very flexible with the staff in general. They offered new classes for free all the time.
They gave me the opportunity to work with children, so that was great. So I loved it.
Pros
Very good place to work
Psa
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 30, 2018
this company was ok to work for. The pay rate wasn't the best. They didn't have many cases to staff. Office staff was ok. The secretary had good customer service skills.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
not enough shifts
Very poor managment
Direct Support Personal (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 23, 2018
Did not find me clients so I could work. Had to look for new job to pay bill. Told me fir months they would find me client and clients were coming available. Said they would be able to give me 40 hours a week.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
No work unless you live in williamsport. Management stinks, communication sucks
MajorMess
LPN (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 18, 2018
Poor schedulers, no communications with staff. Often sent on assignments nobody at residence. Terrible conditions for patients..Caseworkers are about getting more cases and do not follow up with already est, cases
Pros
Working with childern
Cons
No support from staff or supervisors
Great People
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 16, 2018
Great people, very understanding in all ways, school was never an issue, never had anyone watching my back or felt like i ever did something wrong. Not so many hours as desired and very lenient
Cons
comission
Psa
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28303August 14, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at PSA. My employers were willing to help at any time. The company seemed to be managed very well. There was lots of room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about