PSA Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 861 reviews matching the search See all 1,172 reviews
Very busy work place, heavy work loads, etc..
Benefits/Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 21, 2019
I felt lost most of the time, since we didn't get the proper training we needed. The job was very stressful, which is way I had to leave. The staff wasn't very helpful with questions or inquires the employees had.
No benefits. No sick leave, no health insurance
Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 20, 2019
On a daily basis I tended ill and or injured students. I performed 15-20 tube feedings everyday. I answered phone lines, communicated with parents, nurses and staff.
Pros
School Hours
A place to work that represents growth and opportunity
Staffing Specialist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2019
I currently am an employee at PSA Healthcare an Avenna Company, and I enjoy the people I work with. Everyone from corporate, down to the location is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. A large part of why there is so much longevity is because everyone is down to earth and there are endless opportunities within. We are constantly looking to make the situations better for our families and nurses. We are the agency you hear about going above and beyond in trainings, assisting and being as resourceful as possible. I wouldn’t trade working for PSA Healthcare!
Pros
Supportive, internal opportunities, knowledgeable and unified staff
Management and Human Resources bad
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 11, 2019
Management has pushed out great nurses. Human Resources always wants 12 hour shifts. Must work weekends.No support for nurses. Very low pay!!! Not compatible with other agencies.
Pros
Starter job
Cons
Management, hours, pay, benefits.
Ok place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COMarch 11, 2019
This is an ok place to work. Hours are flexible and you are able to work when you want. When kids go to hospital you are out a job essentially. Better training is needed and better communication from managers.
Good For Parents of schoolage children
School Health Care Tech (Former Employee) –  Navarre, FLMarch 10, 2019
Enjoyed my position as School Health Care Tech. Can't say enough good things about my direct boss. She was always fair and accommodating .

Being a school "nurse" is not an easy job...the clinic was full of students daily. Averaged 50-60 children a day. I've worked for Doctors that don't see that many patients without another Doctor or Nurse Practitioner

Pros
Off every day school was and the summer
Cons
Head Lice!
Doing a great job in the houston market helping children
Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2019
Coordination of care for children needing PT, OT and ST. It was a relaxed and cooperative work environment. Everyone worked together as a team. Really enjoyed the people I worked with.
Relationship Between fun and Efficiency
machine designer and Managing Director (Current Employee) –  ArdabilMarch 2, 2019
My desire is a work place with Enticing and Coordinate staffs. The work hardness and its heavy can't to Get tired me. But Without intimacy space will done it very well. Create a healthy competition environment in units will motivate the stuffs. also give some free times weekly for fun Will increase efficiency.
Pros
free meals
Cons
health care
Terrible company to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  DuBois, PAFebruary 22, 2019
The management is very disorganized. They are very rude and not understanding that things happen. For example. I was in a car accident and needed 2 weeks off work they told me that it inconveniences them and they need more consistency. Because I could walk and talk i had no reason to be missing 2 weeks. They are rude. They don't know how to treat their employees. And just overall they are very disorganized. They promised to pay me a bonus for going to houses to pick up shifts people called off for and i never received a bonus and it has been 3 months and i still have never received it. Every time i ask them about it they say it will be on my next pay.
Pros
Pay, Weekly Pay
Cons
Poor Management, Disorganized, Rude
Home Care Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 19, 2019
The pay was low for a RN. I was going through chemo and radiation. The people I worked with were very understanding and nice. They worked with me so I was able to get my treatments and hours I needed. The benefits were not that good. It is stressful because you are taking care of mentally challenged children. If you are able to handle it. It is very rewarding. I would work there again if the pay was better. I only left due to medical reasons.
Pros
Hours, helping and caring for children, coworkers
Cons
No breaks, pay and benefits. You don’t get paid vacations.
Advancement within Agency is good
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2019
Most management is good and available for questions. SL/SLA team always willing to help. I enjoyed being able to help clients. It was nice to be trusted ordering supplies for the Agency.
its a job it helped no fun but i met gret people
brazing (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 13, 2019
it was a job but im a fast paste guy so I really didnt like standing in one spot it really made me sleepy but I stayed until my assignment ended .great experience though
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
hour break
Good job/ Irregular hours
Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Township of Abington, PAFebruary 11, 2019
I liked working for PSA. The living conditions of some of the clients were unsatisfactory to say the least. Funded was limited and workers were expected to pay out of pocket for clients activities.
comments
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stuart Point, FLFebruary 6, 2019
no comment...………...Mother says"don't say anything unless its nice and kind,which I do not have. Even with the feedback,nothing was done to correct the issues.
Pros
locations
Cons
lack of management and techs having skill level and compassion to the kids
Good for new nurses but prepare to be under compensated!
RN (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2019
The staff was nice at first and in the end showed to be very unprofessional. The pay for RN’s is $18/hr which is insulting after you work so hard to get your license. The experience is good for a new RN but SUPER limited. If you can’t find anything else then go for it otherwise keep looking.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Pay, lack of communication with management
Good place- Morgan Hanchulak
Direct Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAFebruary 5, 2019
As far as home & community health goes, PSA is pretty organized, and management is lenient and kind. Clients vary in age and disability, and are generally matched with employees based on skill and experience.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Varying hours
Non-friendly work environment
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Didn't offer for a friendly work environment. Manager had a clock right next to the sign-in sheet at her desk.Could not even eat your lunch at your deck.
Co-occurring specialist PSHS (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2019
poor management
no positive feedback to front line employees
no opportunity for advancement based on merit
low pay
management is in disarray
benefits are not commensurate with job requirements
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
school health tech
School Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Navarre, FLJanuary 24, 2019
you see a lot of kids during the day for a lot of different things.
i learned a lot about different types of illnesses
hardest part of the job was just the busy days
most enjoyable part was seeing all the kids
productive with accurate in services
Home care Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 22, 2019
Liked the diversity of patents to select from, never had to stay at a home health job that you were uncomfortable with and liked working with children along side of parents
Pros
selected your own working schedule, times and dates
Cons
not enough work at times on 3-11 or 11-7 am

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSA Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.