PSAV Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
incomplete information
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 19, 2018
My company was bought-out by PSAV, and I did not have enough time working for them to develop an opinion o them as a whole. I can say they are very respected in the industry.
Stressful and poorly managed with unpredictable hours
Audiovisual Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2018
PSAV is a poorly-managed company. The hourly pay is decent, but the hours are unpredictable, and some weeks I found myself working 60 hours, and others less than 20. Beyond that, the general culture is oriented towards the hospitality industry, which may not bother some, but I found many aspects of it irritating. The work also is extremely inconsistent. There are days when techs mostly sit around and do nothing, and there are days that consist of nine or more hours of difficult physical labor. Beyond that, many clients are quite condescending. The other employees, are, for the most part, decent, easy-going people who are not difficult to work with.
Pros
Free lunch in the hotel
Cons
Unpredictable schedules.
Don't Work Here I Wouldn't Recommend It
General Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Hyatt, Washington DCJune 14, 2018
Only work with this company if you have no life, want to be overworked and underpaid. You will be always overworked when its busy and when its slow you won't have any hours. Also if you like working in an very unorganized work environment, and where you're not valued as a employee but someone who is just dispensable labor. Almost impossible to get a raise. Your Paid Time Off does not roll over year to year. Only work this to get some money learn as much as you can and move on unless you really like the nature of the business and company.
Pros
You get to eat for free in hotel cafeteria, but food isn't good. You also have good on the job training and development opportunities, you will learn a lot.
Cons
Everything I described.
Not a place
Oracle Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Schiller Park, IL 60176June 12, 2018
PSAV is a good place to work in the beginning. However, as time progresses, the workload is not equally balanced with the staff. The management team does not support the workers.
Do Not Work Here: You Can Do Better
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
Work life balance is abysmal. Equipment is outdated—management is driven by profit over everything else. There is very little communication between project managers,coordinators and techs due to both an old-fashioned and lazy management culture. Expect long hours, non-OSHA compliant and dangerous requests from your seniors, and lower pay than every other AV company in the industry. If you have decent technical and communication skills, seek a different company; I guarantee they will treat you better. I am referring to the Dallas, TX branch but it seems widespread as well.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Horrible Company Culture, Abysmal Work-Life Balance
Fun place to work
ESIII Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 4, 2018
I had a blast working for this company, but had to leave to support myself. With the job being a gig job and my hours being part time I wasn't able to sustain myself with this job alone, so I was forced to find other jobs to supplement. It was a good time, with my coworkers being enjoyable and fun to be around. We would set up audio visual equipment for events at the Hyatt Wichita and portions of Century II. If it wasn't for the low amount of hours and unsteady pay, I would probably still be working there. All around fun environment!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
unpredicable work schedule
Hated this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 28, 2018
I am extremely biased as I hated this place. Too much of politics and backstabbing. Benefits were just so-so. Flexible hours. My boss would find the smallest excuse to not come to work.
Not for everyone...
Event Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 24, 2018
Working for PSAV was an experience, but it's not for everyone. The hours can get long, and the labor is intensive, but for those who have a passion for Audio/Visual work, it's amazing. The people were friendly and there were always opportunities to pick up more hours. Although there are times where you can work for 2 weeks straight without a day off.
Pros
Friendly environment, willing to teach, great culture
Cons
Long hours, hard labor
Great first job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2018
Just like McDonalds, PSAV is a fantastic first job. Whether you're out of high school, college, or anywhere else in your career, PSAV will take you as an entry-level technician. If you have the personality to work hard, learn quick, and participate in the team, you will do well... until you hit an arbitrary plateu.
The only apparent paths at PSAV within operations are limited- start as an entry technician, end up as a hotel director. Somewhere in-between you will likely hold the titles of Project Manager or Assistant Director. That's it.
If you can kiss boots, or fail in epic fashion, you may luck out with a promotion to RVP to above. Otherwise, get comfortable with your current title, you're not going anywhere.
Pros
Decent PTO after 5 years, 401k
Cons
Corporate micromanagement, poor career paths, terrible work/life balance, abismal executive vision
Fast paced A/V work
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2018
The location I worked for specifically was very fast paced and professional so we had to dress very nice and bounce back and forth between the two hotels often witch can be draining and clients are very unpredictable when it comes to the quality of your work so staying late was a norm with this job, however it is a nice job to have to pickup freelance gigs.
Pros
many locations to pickup shift with
Cons
some seasons are quiet so no hours available
Productive and exciting events
AVT (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 16, 2018
Enjoyable, exciting work environment. Love working withe top level clients. Great free meals at most locations. Very savvy and technologiclly advanced co- workers.
Re: PSAV didn't care about its employees
Equipment/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 16, 2018
PSAV didn't care about its employees. There were lots of opportunities at lower levels for job promotion but at mid and upper levels there wasn't.
They always sided with the hotel partner and did stand behind their employees
Great for gaining entry-level experience
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2018
Work is either super busy or close to nonexistent. Not every tech or manager has a "team-oriented" attitude. Overall, it's a great place to get your feet wet within the industry. IDK how people stay as long as do, outside of working within the sales departments. The company definitely needs to pay their people more.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, Work & Life Balance
Great work environment
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIApril 27, 2018
Lots of opportunities to work with major clients, corporate, private entities, and government agencies. Great team of co-workers to work with. Always kept busy.
Great for people looking to get into the industry.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 27, 2018
They are one of the largest, if not the largest employer in the corporate audio visual industry. The grind of a tech / operations can be tough and requires pretty significant work life sacrifices. The sales / management side is more suitable for most career oriented folks but I just found dedicating my schedule to client's needs was not my thing personally. It's a good place to get your foot in the door and work your butt off for promotions. You can easily move up in a few short years if you're dedicated to it. I'd recommend trying to jump a competitor that pays better and has more autonomy to work around each individual employee though, PSAV has way too much of a big box approach to how they do everything.
Pros
Quick advancement opportunities depending on region.
Cons
Short breaks, very short notice on schedules, no consistent scheduling
Versitile
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2018
Everyday was different, working with different clients and cultures. I enjoyed working as a team with multiple properties. The team always maintained positive energy and we worked hard everyday.
Lots of work
Audio Video Technician (Former Employee) –  Medley, FLApril 21, 2018
You will have the opportunity to show what are you made of, as a technician and as a person who is willing to work extended hours and crazy schedules, and have a great teamwork environment.
Pros
Expirience and learning enviroment.
Cons
No known schedule, anything could happens. ready for action.
Lacking Job Environment
ETS II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2018
Now matter how hard I tried, management did not do anything to help me advance in my career within the company or identify any skills/experience lacking for advancement. Pay is real low for this type of environment and not enough for an average adult to pay rent or a mortgage without a roomate. Working hours were either many hours and 7 days a week and you did not know when your shift would end, and some weeks if you did not get all your hours you were told to get lost and not bother management. Unfair division of hours across employees and SEVIER infair labor alocation.
Pros
It was a job, it had benefits and free meals from the hotel (not PSAV)
Cons
Inconsistant hours, low pay, No advancement!
Great place to gain customer service skills
Audio Visual Technitian (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
Fast pace environment. The culture is great and working with clients is a great way to learn great customer service skills. I learned new technology and latest audio visual equipment.
Its the BIG AV company
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Vail, COApril 14, 2018
PSAV is they BIG AV company. Ther are everywhere. Their compensation is competitive with the industry standard. I have heard that some people really hate this company. Something about customer service but they have treated me well and I have tried to treat their clients well.

I do not know the CEO