PSAV Employee Reviews

need more training classes
lead rigger (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 18, 2018
each property is different. There needs to be more 1 on 1 training. They need to have more training classes for each aspect of the job. The pay for San Diego, is very low for this city.
Pros
pto
Cons
lower pay
Opportunity
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 17, 2018
Good company for tech savvy people. It's all about customer service. People paying top dollar for customer service, that's what the hotel and psav are graded on.
Pros
opportunity
Way too much discrimination going on to function properly.
Audio Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2018
PSAV Dallas/FtWorth Is in trouble with EEOC & TWC for racial discrimination. You ready for this? Over prescription glasses & race. The H.R. meeting was secretly recorded & you can hear H.R. blatantly refuse to look at the prescription receipt while claiming the glasses are fake. They then said hours & pay were going to be reduced for filing a company complaint about discrimination. Then a state complaint was filed with TWC/EEOC against PSAV for discrimination & pay/hours reduction for filing a company complaint. PSAV was told by TWC a complaint was filed against them & PSAV then retaliated & fired me by e-mail. The CEO has also refused to talk to me on several occasions also.
Cons
Colaberative team focused on perfection.
Head / Lead Site Installations Rigger (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 24, 2018
During my short time with PSAV, the company has an amazing foundation, a continued reputation of impeccable work, and accomplishments, as well as a sustainable continual active place in the market.
Pros
All good, in most of what PSAV has to offer.
Cons
Heavy traffic location.
Use this job as experience and that's it
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 24, 2018
What you put into this job is exactly what you get out of it. See, if you came to this job thinking that they'll teach you everything and they'll give you a better understanding of how all of this works... you're sadly mistaken. You're going to learn everything on your own, so DO your homework. The pay isn't great either, there's a huge turnover rate because of it... not to mention there's no daily OT. So if hotels are your cup of tea and you want to get ahead, the best way to do that here is to kiss up and go above and beyond.
Pros
experience, networking
Cons
pay, benefits, management
Ok place to work
Audio/Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2018
There's a lot of great things about working at PSAV, except for dealing with some of the corporate side of things. The work and the people that you work with are great.
No work/life balance
Event Audiovisual Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2018
Overworked/underpaid is the name of the game... prepare to give up your life for PSAV during busy periods.

Compensation is weak, online training is laughable
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
low pay, irregular hours, no advancement
PSAV is a great company
PSAV - V1 Lead/Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2018
Over the last ten+ years I have had many opportunities to learn, advance, practice my craft and grow. Over all of the challenges, both personally and professionally, PSAV has been the opportune place for me.
Pros
Many and varried interesting cliental, sometimes free lunches, Physical job
Cons
irregular hours, demanding clients, physically demandinenvironment and sometimes dangerous free lunches (cafeteria food)
Typical corporate pyramid
Lead technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2018
I started at PSAV making half the wage of the average AV employee in my region. I excelled at my responsibilities and quickly climbed the ladder, but with very little pay increase. By the time I left the company, I was working for almost 3 times the wage doing the exact same tasks. No promise of "benefits" "paid time off" are capable of changing the sheer fact that PSAV is a giant corporation with no care for their lower level employees, even though the lower level employees do all of the client facing work.

There are good people within this company, but it is a standard corrupt American corporation. I would never recommend anyone work for them, unless you enjoy working your buns off to make your rent for the month.
Good to get your feet wet.
Director of Event Technology (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 9, 2018
It is a good job to get your feet wet, and learn the in's and out's of the industry, but I highly recommend using it to set yourself up for a bigger opportunity.
Average
Director of Event Technology (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Depends on the property that you work in. Very large company, many times the pinky doesn't know what the thumb is doing. Online courses for educational purposes is vast and nice to have.
Not someplace I ever plan on returning to work for
Project manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I was very hopeful for a positive working experience. In the end, it was not. All the negative things I had heard throughout the years were all true. There is a negative culture that really should be weeded out of some of the facility locations. The corporate employees were all positive and great to work with.
Please Send Another Vehicle
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2018
Yep. It's hotel AV. PSAV is probably the biggest name in the game, but they're so big that the quality of the work varies. It's not a terrible place to work, I recommend any part time pool spots. Don't pick up a full time slot at a hotel or property, it's not worth it!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Some hotels are terrible
Run and Hide
Gone (Former Employee) –  GoneSeptember 17, 2018
They suck you in and you think it's supposedly a wonderful place to work and then they allow management to attack you on a daily basis. They will protect the upper echelon, but everyone else is expendable to the point that they will manipulate a situation to protect their senior management.
Great For The Green
Audio Visual Lead Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2018
This place was great for green/ new people in the field of Audio Visual or the Entertainment industry. I valued the ease of the managers to work with and the ease to advance your career into the corporate structure. Very great benefits, good with time off and summers.

Sometimes you're not quite paid enough for the things you do as it is sometimes dangerous with the heavy equipment and such on bigger shows, but if you do everything correctly it's not bad because everyone helps out. There are rarely accidents.

Long hours. No sleep sometimes. Also, lots of travel, but I like that.
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, great people, their culture for learning is great
Cons
Long hours, no personal life, little turn over time sometimes
Awful company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 8, 2018
I worked there many years ago, and I hated every minute of working there. The only reason I stayed was because I needed a 3rd job to get by. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Decent Company to be With For a Little While If You're Young &Living With Parents
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
If you're young and living with your parents, this is a good position until you can get a better job. You meet a lot of guys from film and video backgrounds who couldn't get something steady in it so that's why they're there.
Pros
Decent pay for work that's not too hard although this depends on how busy your hotel is, Get to learn how to be organized with setting/striking rooms and how to use AV equipment, A lot of workers are young and around the same age which can be fun., Part timers can sometimes get hours close to full time hours, Flexible scheduling, Health benefits
Cons
If they tell you it's full time IT'S NOT FULL TIME, Schedule changes every week so this can limit a social life, PT not reimbursed for parking, Bad turnarounds sometimes, no extra pay for busier hotels, pay raises suck
Big company, still trying to figure out how to handle new workers
Assistant Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2018
after working in the labor pool for psav for a year and working at a property for six months i can honestly say that advancement beyond the lower tiers of employment is not ever going to be the concern that the management in my areas have they employ good people and have nice people working for them but there's no drive to have a solid training program that is anything but employee motivated.
Pros
if you're looking for AV work this is definitely a good starting point, but i dont know how career options will pan out
Cons
no upwards momentum
Not a job for anyone with a family.
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WISeptember 1, 2018
Long hours with periods of no work. Basically seasonal. They expect you to always be available for work no matter what. They do not work with you to fix scheduling problems or conflicts and often times change the schedule on the fly without notice.
Pros
Good number of hours
Cons
Lack of communication, poor scheduling, do not work with employees to solve problems
Fast days long days sometimes But lots of Fun Jobs.
Event Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, WIAugust 24, 2018
PSAV was a great job to have each day was like walking in a little different of a job. you would have your slow days mixed in with your 18 hour days in the same 2 weeks time. the main reason I let was the really slow times made it hard to plan bills around only working 3-4 days a month.
Pros
Lots of new Skills
Cons
quick change in hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSAV. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight