PSAV
58Below average

PSAV Employee Reviews

United States653 reviews
Featured review
PSAV selected this as a representative review
fun workplace
clear direction most of the time from upper management.
fun place to work - get together s during the week usually with fellow employees.

Easy to move up if you work hard and get noticed.

seasonal work - hospitality industry.
April 13, 2020
We are happy to have you on the team and appreciate your feedback!
Event leader and recognized world wide
PSAV has been a great addition to my skills and time in the Events Fields. there are good and bad leaders in every company. its as important to work with your company employees as much as your clients
Production and hospitality are a hard mix
The higher ups in the region do not address the concerns or take into consideration those below them. A hard environment to provide positive growth. Communication is improving with the acquisition of Encore.
Fun place to work
PSAV is a great place to get your foot in the door in the AV world. Not much room for growth. You will learn everything you need to know about AV in the corporate world.
Good Starter Company
If you're looking to get into the AV business, this is a good starter company to get your resume going in that field. But don't plan on being with the company long term, as there are numerous problems, such as mismanaged properties that are run by directors who either don't know what they're doing, or they don't care, or they're just too cheap to give out enough hours. Although there are some directors that will give out plenty of hours like it's candy, regardless of their higher-ups wanting to keep hours under budget. If you get a generous director who cares about putting more money in your paycheck, consider yourself very fortunate.
Other problems in the company include a below average IT team, called the Help Desk, because if you run into any issues with internet or the physical computers that you have to work with on a daily basis, plan on waiting in queue on the phone for at least an hour, if not more.

And even worse, if you have any issues with other employees, or even a problem with your director, HR is severely lacking in their empathy to understand the situation, and will dismiss any issues along those lines as "an issue with communicating with each other effectively", and won't take action that would be appropriate for that situation. In other words, you're stuck with whoever the problem is.

The only reason why I rated 4 stars under compensation is that if you keep your survey scores above a certain percentage throughout the year, you'll get a bonus every 6 months, which is a plus.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Love the people I directly work with
I love the people I work with. They are respectful, understanding, and educational when I need it. I am not a fan of the wage as it is way below my capabilities but I am in this business so I took the job. Being furloughed due to COVID sucks but it is no fault of the company as this is a pandemic.
Psav
PSAV is one of the most culturally diverse places that I have ever worked. I really cherish that. I also enjoy the different work sites from week to week.
Caring
Great place to work. Lots of daily skill-building challenges.
Connects me with people from all over the world, from all facets of business.

Solid team environment.
Productive and efficient place to work
Great place to work with coworkers that will mentor you and help you reach your full potential. Has a lot of growth potential, but was recently affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
My work experience at PSAV was unpleasant
I feel the company don't care about their employees. The technical training is good. But leadership need to be re-trained. My 1 year at PSAV was one of the worse experiences as lead technician in my life and I worked there doing the best customer service that I can do as professional, till I get better salary opportunity in another job.
Great people
They need to increase pay rate according to the area of work
Pros
Help
Cons
Stressful
April 13, 2020
Thank you for the feedback we are happy to have you on the team!
Audio, Video, and Lightning.
I’m on time and I work hard and smart. I can operate and maintenance both sit down and stand up forklifts. I’m always willing to learn from others. I keep my areas organized and clean.
decent starting pay and good pto
Worked there 6 years room for advancement is minimal depending on job you are looking for.. Paychecks are always on time most of the people that work there are really nice to work with. You can use your floating holidays and sick pay as vacation . Turnover rate is a little and a lot of repated training.
Great Company, but cash is king
They preach a culture of valuing team members and doing the right thing, but this gets cast aside for the almighty dollar on a regular basis. The company has a responsibility to its owners/equity partners, but pushing team members to the breaking point to save a buck is very common. If you have thick skin and a strong work ethic, this could be a good fit. Work hard 1/2 the year and live with 8-15 hours a week for at least 2-3 months, even if you are "full-time".
PSAV has been good to me.
PSAV has taken care of me through the years and I will continue to work them as long as work is available. Management is something to be desired but you'll find that almost anywhere.
April 13, 2020
We are happy to have you as a Team Member - and we look forward to your long term success!
Depends on your location
Between two locations I had very different management. One was great one was poor. As a salary position I was able to manage my own time and slack when things were slow but was required to work very hard in the heavy season. I know many people who had my same position were a lot more unhappy. You just have to get lucky and maybe try to transfer to better locations. Typical corporate ever changing hoops to jump through.
April 13, 2020
Thank you for your feedback, and partnership over time. We continue to strive for successful teams across all locations!
Sales/Admin
Reliable company. Flexible and very accommodating. Management team varies per location. Workflow varies per location also. Upper management needs to be more realistic with what really happens on the field.
April 13, 2020
We appreciate your feedback, and we strive to have consistency across all locations.
Productive but lacking
PSAV is known as the top of the top when it comes to AV Performance and innovative display(s) for their clients/guests. A typical day could have you setting up a meeting room with a conference phone and laptop to television set. Not too difficult, but does have it's challenges from time to time in bigger meeting room environments such as multiple breakout rooms, or using an entire ballroom for a meeting/event.

Management is often lacking in terms of keeping up with client demand, helping manage their own staff and technicians, providing equal benefits and compensation for those who work with the company. Overtime pay was often not being paid out to employees. Management has a very negative attitude towards employee organizing an A/V Union with IATSE local 15 in Seattle.
Team work makes the dream work.
I was involved in many convention center mutli-motor rigging productions from trade shows and conferences to concerts and product roll outs. The teams were always informed and safety was of the utmost importance.
Pros
Mentally and physically challenging at times
Cons
only part time work
April 13, 2020
We are happy to have you on the team! Thank you for your feedback!
Very poor management
This is a job with unrealistic expectations and very minimal support. Every property that I have worked at for any management it's always "we have 10 hours of work and only 3 hours to do it in. So if it's not done I will black ball you from all jobs in the future wither you are full or part time.
Interesting work, flexible hours.
I enjoyed working for PSAV. If you are young and want a management or sales track, it could be a good career, But for most of us, it is a flexible work schedule with interesting challenges around pleasant people. Pay could be better,
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSAV. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight