PSC Biotech Employee Reviews

Needs better upper management
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 3, 2019
Great work life balance with a lot of good benefits. But sometimes it seems that upper management is worried about the wrong things and makes operations a little slower. Overall great company would recommend.
Good Site
Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Over 7 years of experience in validation and process engineering. Experience in performing writing and executing validation protocols, GMP Document remediation, writing procedures, heat and material balancing, sizing calculation of equipment, obtaining costs and pricing, writing operations manuals and specifications, drafting PFD/PIDs and technical drawings, designing test equipment, deriving hydraulic relationships, evaluating bids, and analyzing pollution control techniques.
PSC offers good opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I feel a little awkward being on a job seeking site while at the same time reviewing a company that I really love working for. But, PSC's management has always proved supportive of employees seeking new opportunities if there is not something within the company that would meet a persons' goals.
I really enjoy working at PSC. I like the people I work with, I like management and I really like the clients I work with. The job is always new and every day presents new challenges and opportunities. In other words, PSC is a great company!
At the same time, we are expecting our first child and are looking at moving out of the LA area to raise our kids.
Pros
More than fair salary and benefits, good people and management, great clients.
Cons
Some travel and time away from home.
Innovative and exciting company to work for
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
The work schedule at PSC Biotech is fast-paced. For most of us the work at PSC it's exciting and fulfilling but for the faint of heart, the job could be stressful and hard to handle.
I work as part of a team that implements our quality management software in client companies. Installing a new QMS at a clients job site can be stressful as it's critical to implement a seamless transfer from the old system to the new one to cause minimal disruption to the customers' operations. Sometimes that means 10 or 12 hour days to get the job done. I personally like these challenges and PSC is good about acknowledging the extra time put in.
The people I work with are great and supportive. We get along well as a group and PSC is a fun place to work.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding job, good people, interesting assignments.
Cons
Some long days, travel.
Fun job with quality co-workers and interesting clients.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2018
Life is never boring at PSC Biotech. The company has high expectation of its employees and in return provides excellent support and a more than fair salary. If you are looking for a job that you can just 'get by' in, then you'll probably not be happy at PSC. On the other hand, if you like a challenge, want to gain extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry along with meeting a wide range of customers in the industry, then you'll be happy here.
The people I work with are first-rate. It is a supportive group and management offers a good mixture of knowing when to be available, but otherwise allowing employees the freedom to do their jobs.
Pros
Interesting and exciting job, good growth prospects, fun group to be a part of.
Cons
Out of the office several days a week (not an issue for me).
Good industry well positioned for the future
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Biotech is a industry with strong growth potential and PSC Biotech is in a perfect position to benefit from that growth.

My experience with the company has been positive and I would recommend PSC to anyone looking for a new and exciting job. The culture from the top down is young and forward looking. You are expected to work hard and get the job done. If you do, the company rewards you with advancement and compensation.

The pace at PSC is fast. Usually, there is more to do than there are hours in the day, but for me, that's a plus. I can't remember the last time I was bored at work and the people I work with are easy to get along with and work hard to make it a positive environment.

I am 'on the road' about 60% of the time. Some days that involves driving across town; other clients are out of town and there is some overnight travel. There are also some larger projects that can run several weeks in duration to put in a new system for a customer. I enjoy the travel and experiencing new people, but be sure you check that out beforehand if you don't think you'd like to travel.
Pros
Good company with strong growth, good people to work with and an involved CEO and management team.
Cons
Sometimes the travel can be as long as a week.
A postive year end review
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CADecember 28, 2017
The end of the year seems like a good time to share my experience with PSC Biotech.
I've been with the company for almost 3 years and it's been a positive learning experience. The people I work with are supportive and it's a fun place to work. Management seems responsive to employees and willing to accept suggestions. My clients are a varied and interesting group of companies.
One of the more interesting aspects of the job is that I work with a variety of customers. Some of the jobs are one-time consulting on resolving a particular problem; others are long term commitments that focus on the manufacturing and compliance aspects of the drug industry.
My co-workers and management are supportive and helpful. Management is available to solve problems when they arise, but does not micromanage every aspect of the job, which I appreciate.
Of course, I would like to earn more - but, who wouldn't? I've returned to Indeed to begin the process of seeing what might be available, although I have no immediate plans to leave PSC.
Pros
Good place to work, fun co-workers, responsive management
Happy at PSC but looking for new opportunties
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 4, 2017
There's nothing bad about working at PSC Biotech. At the same time, I would be a fool not to be on the lookout for something that might be a better opportunity.
If and when I do find a different job it will be in no small part thanks to the excellent training and experience that I've had with PSC. The company has gone out of its way to provide me with training and has steadily increased my responsibilities and compensation as I've learned more.
When I first started at PSC I was just out of school and had limited job experience, but I've learned a great deal about biotech in the past four years and truly enjoy what I'm doing. I work with several different clients and each day is new and exciting. The clients are, for the most part, good to work with and my co-workers are top line. Management has always been supportive and knows when to step in and when to hold back. The work culture is fast paced and you are expected to do your job, but IMO that's the way it should be. I'd rather be busy than bored.
Pros
Fun and challenging job.
Cons
None really
Pretty good place to work
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2017
My job as a validation engineer at PSC Biotech has been a valuable experience. I have learned a great deal about the biotech industry and the people I have worked with have been great.
The days are interesting and the client we work with have provided me with a wide range of experience. I'm certainly not in any hurry to leave PSC, but I would like to live in another city that is closer to my family. If another opportunity at a different PSC location opened up I would certainly consider moving.
PSC has a work culture that while demanding, is rewarding. The company recognizes that not all the work can be done in an 8 hour day and makes adjustments where possible. At the same time, I and my fellow teammates realize that we have a responsibility to our customers and need to get the job done.
Everyone is supportive of each other and I've not been able to get a question answered at the local level or, if necessary, at corporate. In summary, PSC is a great place to work and develop your career.
Pros
Never boring, good growth, good pay and great people
Cons
Some people don't like the travel but it's OK with e
I've learned a lot at PSC Biotech
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
I'm certainly in no hurry to leave PSC. At the same time, I believe that it makes sense to be on the lookout for better opportunities so I'm looking on Indeed for other options. If I find something that is a LOT better, then I'll certainly consider it.

PSC has been my first job and it's been a great place to learn about the real world of business and project management. The company has been generous with training and education and my supervisors and co-workers have all been outstanding people. While I would not call the job easy - there are sometimes some long hours needed to get a project done - it has always been interesting. The company is pretty good about recognizing when you work long hours and works to make it up to you.

I've not had a lot of workplace experience but it seems to me that PSC excels at providing a culture that is supportive of everyone in the company. My supervisors have been great and on the occasions that I've seen the CEO or other top management they have seemed interested in me and my role in the company.

I like the people I work with and I like the customers that I deal with. Not a bad deal at all.
Pros
Great people to work with, interesting clients and more than fair pay.
Cons
Days can be long and there is some travel.
Great place to start your career
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2017
PSC is a great place to work. The job is interesting, the pay is good to excellent and the people are awesome.

I look forward to going to work each day, and the days go by quickly. Someone would have to be a total zombie to ever be bored at PSC. My job involves a lot of field work, so I'm only in a formal office settting a couple of days a week at most. Usually I'm on site with a client.

The people I work with from the top down are great. Everyone is focused on getting the best job possible done with a minimum of drama and stress. Management is open to new ideas and encourages everyone to realize that they are part of the company.

I like the people and the job.
Pros
New and interesting stuff every day. Good people to work with and a great place to learn new things.
A great job for those who like biotech
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 29, 2017
PSC Biotech is a challenging place to work in the best sense of the word.
The work is fast-paced, the hours can be long and, at the end of the day, you go home feeling a sense of accomplishment at what you've helped accomplish.
As a chemical engineer, I work with clients in pharmacology and biotech. Some of the work involves working on new drugs and methodologies for treatment, while other times it's ensuring that best practices are followed by client companies.
From the top down, PSC is a science-driven company. Management is always willing to listen to new and different viewpoints but opinions need to be backed by facts and hard data.
I work with a variety of clients with some engagements being one-off assignments, while other clients are on-going and long-standing relationships.
It's a great place to work for those that want to feel that they are accomplishing something more than just taking home a paycheck.
Pros
good people, interesting work, never boring
Cons
For some, the travel can get to be too much I suppose
Fun,interesting and rewarding job
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
My job at PSC takes me all over the world. I work on various short to mid-term assignments with clients in the US and worldwide. One month I might be in China, the next in L.A.

The job is interesting, fun and always a challenge. The work schedule is sometimes hectic while other times it's pretty relaxed. It's my good fortune that I'm a pretty relaxed person and go with the flow.

The exposure that I've gained at PSC Biotech has been invaluable. I've worked with companies in China, Ireland, and several other countries. I've worked with a variety of engineers and executives in different fields within the overall framework of biotech.

Some assignments involve going out as part of a larger team while others are individual assignments. The people that I've worked with have been easy to get along with and skilled in their areas of expertise.
Pros
Exciting, fun, hectic, rewarding and interesting
Cons
Lots of travel, meeting new people and adapting to new situations.
good place to start
QC Technician (Current Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 6, 2017
PSC is a recruiting company and its a good place to start. As a QC technician we were contractors and we did not get any benefits. Its a good place to
This is a place if you want to be in the fast growing bio-tech industry
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
PSC is a good place to work. It's an exciting and growing company in an exciting field. It's a good team that I work with from the CEO on down.

Of course, you may ask why I'm looking on Indeed if PSC is such a great place. Fair enough. My answer is pretty simple - I'd like to earn as much money as possible. I may find that as PSC, which which I'm find with staying here, or someone else may find my skills worth more, in which I'd leave. Although, I'd let PSC know first and if they could match my increase, I'd most likely stay.

My job involves working with an interesting variety of clients at different job sites. More often than not, we go to the client's site so travel is required, but usually not more than a couple of hours away.

I sometimes work as part of a team, while other times I'm on my own. The people I work with are great and it's fun to go out on a team project.
Pros
Good pay, good people, nice office and great benefits.
Cons
Long days are sometimes needed to get the job done.
I like my job and the people at PSC
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
PSC Biotech is doing a lot of neat stuff in the biotech world. We provide various types of consulting services to a wide group of companies in biotech industries, including drug companies and software engineering companies.
As a Project Manager, my job is to work with companies to ensure that their procedures and processes are meeting the latest industry standards and are in compliance with related government rules and regulations.
The job is interesting and challenging with something new happening every week. Both the people on my team and our customers are pretty interesting and, most of the time, fun.
For me, the challenge and excitement of doing something new overcome the travel and time on the road.
Pros
Exciting job, fun people to work with, cutting-edge in the biotech field
Cons
Sometimes the travel gets to me.
Good chance to work with some good people
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2017
PSC Biotech is a pretty good place to work. Most days are interesting and go by pretty quickly. The clients I work with are often leaders in the field and there is the opportunity to learn new skills which will likely be beneficial down the road.

I've learned a lot about project engineering during my four years at PSC. The company encourages personal and professional growth which is necessary to keep with the rapid and ever changing rules and regulations regarding the biotech industry.

PSC is a fun place to work. For the most part, my fellow employees are easy to get along with and management seems to have a genuine concern for its employees.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable. The nature of my work is that I'm always working with several clients at the same time. Some are a real joy to work with, while others are less enjoyable.
Pros
Interesting and challenging job.
Cons
Travel, changing clients, away from office.
Amazing staff and managers
Mechanical/Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 5, 2017
Project manager and HR always make sure you are happy and help you develop into higher roles. My project manager has done a great job of keeping me updated with work requirements.
Pros
Multiple companies to work with
Cons
No clear path for advancement
I'm happy at PSC and you will be too!
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 24, 2017
This is a good company to join if you are looking for a rewarding and exciting career. As part of the growing biotech field, PSC is at the center of this rapidly expanding field. PSC offers consulting and contract services to a large number of biotech and pharmaceutical companies across the U.S. and around the world.

My typical work week usually involves 2-3 days onsite with the client and the balance in the office writing reports. Based on my experience, which I admit is somewhat limited, the salary and benefits are better than average and the growth potential is unlimited. The people I work with are great and everyone is open to helping out when needed. I don't have a lot of interaction with the CEO, but when I see him in the parking lot or in the elevator he is friendly and seems interested in how things are going.

Some people have trouble with the flexibility that the job requires, but I find it fun to work with different customers in different locations. For me, it adds to the interest and excitement of the job.
Pros
Interesting clients, co-workers and job. Good salary and benefits.
Cons
None that really stand out.
You'll be happy at PSC
Verification Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2017
This is a good job in a rapidly growing field. PSC is a leader in providing quality consulting services to companies in the biotech industry and they do a great job winning contracts and adding to our customer base.

What I do specifically is work with biotech manufacturers to ensure that their process and end product meets internal and external guidelines and follows all procedures. It's an interesting job that requires keeping abreast of the latest changes in the industry and up to date on FDA guidelines. I've learned a lot since joining PSC 3 years ago and it's been a great growing experience for me.

Management seems to be on top of things and my interactions with supervisors and corporate management have always been first rate. While much of my work is on site with the customer, the office is a fun place to be and everyone seems to get along well.

For anyone looking for an exciting job in a fast growing field PSC would be a great place to start.
Pros
Supportive co-workers and management, fast growth, new opportunities.
Cons
Some might not like the off-site work or travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSC Biotech. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PSC Biotech.

Powered by Comparably