PSC Biotech

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

PSC Biotech Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Innovative and exciting company to work for
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
The work schedule at PSC Biotech is fast-paced. For most of us the work at PSC it's exciting and fulfilling but for the faint of heart, the job could be stressful and hard to handle.
I work as part of a team that implements our quality management software in client companies. Installing a new QMS at a clients job site can be stressful as it's critical to implement a seamless transfer from the old system to the new one to cause minimal disruption to the customers' operations. Sometimes that means 10 or 12 hour days to get the job done. I personally like these challenges and PSC is good about acknowledging the extra time put in.
The people I work with are great and supportive. We get along well as a group and PSC is a fun place to work.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding job, good people, interesting assignments.
Cons
Some long days, travel.
Good industry well positioned for the future
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Biotech is a industry with strong growth potential and PSC Biotech is in a perfect position to benefit from that growth.

My experience with the company has been positive and I would recommend PSC to anyone looking for a new and exciting job. The culture from the top down is young and forward looking. You are expected to work hard and get the job done. If you do, the company rewards you with advancement and compensation.

The pace at PSC is fast. Usually, there is more to do than there are hours in the day, but for me, that's a plus. I can't remember the last time I was bored at work and the people I work with are easy to get along with and work hard to make it a positive environment.

I am 'on the road' about 60% of the time. Some days that involves driving across town; other clients are out of town and there is some overnight travel. There are also some larger projects that can run several weeks in duration to put in a new system for a customer. I enjoy the travel and experiencing new people, but be sure you check that out beforehand if you don't think you'd like to travel.
Pros
Good company with strong growth, good people to work with and an involved CEO and management team.
Cons
Sometimes the travel can be as long as a week.
Good times
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
I like my job. Period. If I didn't then I'd be long gone. But, just like anyone I'm always interested in a better situation of one comes along, hence I'm on Indeed. If I don't find something that I like, then I'll be happy staying with PSC Biotech.

The job is fun, exciting and rewarding. I work with some awesome people and the company has been good to me. I work hard at my job and sometimes it's more than a 9 to 5 gig, but that's OK. The company is flexible in time off and recognizes those that go the extra mile.

The people in the office are first rate. Everyone (almost) gets along and management seems committed to creating a team outlook where we all work together.
Pros
Stimulating work, good people to work with, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Travel and sometimes long days are required to the get the job done.
Good place if you like science
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2016
PSC Biotech has been a good experience for me. While everyone is different I think most people that enjoy challenges, learning new things, and working with good people in a growing company, would be happy here.

There are all kinds of positions at PSC, but most boil down to engineering or science related to the growing and exciting field of biotech. My job makes me feel like I'm contributing something to the greater good and while that may sound corny, for me it's a key part of the job.

I work with a variety of clients in the L.A. area with some short range travel. PSC has clients all over the world and if travel is your thing, you can find some interesting projects to bid on. For me, I have kids in school and the company works hard to make sure that there is plenty of room for family life along with work.

I like meeting new clients and taking on new projects. Most of our work is consulting with clients that have specific needs for the expertise that PSC provides.
Pros
Exciting job, new challenges, good people to work with and interesting clients.
Challenging and exciting place to work with solid career advancement opportunities.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2015
PSC is a good company to work for. They provide an atmosphere where personal growth and achievement is rewarded and valued. The work is challenging but anyone who is willing to learn and work hard will do well here.

PSC is a fast growing company in the exciting field of bio-tech products and services. I work with a variety of clients in different locals and fields. Top management is supportive of their employees and supervision is based on a as-needed basis rather than having someone looking over your shoulder every minute of the day. The people I work with are top notch, work is fun and the pay is more than competitive.
Pros
Freedom to do your job, flexible time schedule, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Travel sometimes involves weekends.
Great fast growing company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 8, 2015
A rapidly growing company in the biotech field. I’ve worked here for the past six years and love it. There is a good amount of travel but as a single woman I enjoy the excitement and the chance to meet new people and see new places. The company has a worldwide presence and I’ve been able to work on assignments in both Europe and Asia. My job is to work with clients to ensure that they manufacturing process meets FDA (and sometimes EU) requirements for the US market. Some assignments are only for a few days, while others may be for several weeks or longer. Management has encouraged me to learn new skills and offers plenty of opportunity for upward movement.
Pros
Fast growing company, exciting work, opportunity for upward mobility
Cons
Travel, different groups of people to relate to.
Stable work environment, values employees
Validation Scientist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2014
I've been working at PSC Biotech for a little over three years now and I couldn't be happier. I started right out of college and since then I've had many opportunities for learning, advancement - even travel! It's a challenging job in a complex industry, but I feel like everything I contribute is worthwhile and valued.

Everyone has treated me respectfully and professionally. It's a comfortable, friendly and supportive atmosphere. There are some chances to learn from some pretty talented people on an almost daily basis.

It can be a bit stressful at times, but I think that's because everyone here really cares and has a vested interest in our work and success.
Pros
opportunity, value, experience, education
Cons
stressful at times