We currently don't have any reviews for PSC Biotech.
Be the first to review this employer.

Add a Review

Needs better upper management
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 3, 2019
Great work life balance with a lot of good benefits. But sometimes it seems that upper management is worried about the wrong things and makes operations a little slower. Overall great company would recommend.
Good job
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 22, 2016
PSC Biotech is one of the leading firms in the country for outsourcing technical services in the biotech and healthcare industries. My job is to work on a team of PSC employees that often will go to a client's site and do a variety of consulting and technical services. One of the fun things about the job is that every client is someone new and different and it's never boring.

It's important to stay abreast of the latest trends and the company is supportive of continuing education at their expense. I attend meetings and seminars on behalf of the company and have helped land several contracts through these conferences. The company always has new jobs and opportunities and current employees are encouraged to move upwards in the company.

The people I work with are awesome. The office has the usual monthly birthday celebrations and management encourages team building activities. The job sometimes presents challenges that need to be overcome, but people are very open to helping each other find quick solutions to any problems that come up.

All in all, PSC is a good place to work and to build your career.
Pros
nice people, good benefits, postive work enviroment
Cons
some travel involved
PSC has been good for me
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 23, 2016
I've enjoyed my experience at PSC working as a validation engineer in the L.A. office. I'm currently reviewing my options of staying with PSC or looking for another company. My only reason for leaving would be if I found a significantly better opportunity and is not based on any unhappiness with PSC.

I have the chance to work with great customers and great team members. We work hard, but the job in generally enjoyable and the people in the organization from the top down are first rate. The nature of the job is that there are always new challenges and things to learn, but I find that stimulating and exciting.

If you enjoy good people and an interesting job, then I'd encourage you to check out PSC.
Pros
Team spirit, sense of accomplishment, growth, good salary and benefits.
Cons
None really.
Good company with rapid grow and good potential
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 22, 2016
I enjoy my job at PSC and have no problems recommending the company and people to anyone looking for a job in the field of biotech consulting and project management. I work with a varied range of clients on different projects, usually at their site in southern California.

Some projects I do as part of a team, while other times I work on my own. All of our customers are in the general field of biotech, but that covers a wide range of fields and the job is never boring. The people I work with are, for the most part, easy to get along with and good in what they do. Everyone feels a part of the team from the top down to the guy cleans up at night.
Pros
Teamwork, growth, good benefits and compensation, fun place to work.
Cons
Sometimes the rapid growth makes it hard to keep up with what's happening.
Good and challenging job in a rapidly growing industry
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 18, 2015
For someone like me who likes being busy and feeling productive, this is a great job. Days can be long and stressful, but I excel in that kind of environment and the time goes by quickly.
My day is often spent onsite with a client in the L.A. area, which can be a long commute in L.A. traffic. But, it's nice to have different places to go and people to see. Our field is primarily in healthcare which is an exciting and growing field. There is satisfaction in knowing that your work is important and meaningful.
Both my peers and management are easy to work with. I've always been treated with respect even by those with much more experience or a higher title than me.
Pros
Good opportunity for growth, busy days, different places and people to see and interact with, good pay and benefits, living in L.A.
Cons
Can be stressful to meet deadlines sometimes.
Growing company in an exciting field
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 27, 2015
My job is exciting and every day provides something new and interesting. We have regular team meetings to review existing projects and work with the sales team on new projects. I have learned a great deal in this job and what once seemed difficult now seems routine.

Both management and my co-workers are first rate. Management provides just the right amount of supervision to make me feel comfortable in knowing that I have resource to advice when needed, but also gives me the freedom to do my job. For the most part the people are work with are easy to get along with and skilled in their job.

There is some travel required but not so much as to be disruptive to my life style. I look forward to going to work each day which is all that you can ask from a job.
Pros
Exciting growing company, good co-workers and management, good pay and benefits.
Cons
None to speak of.
Willing to help locate a job
Temp (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 20, 2015
I was assigned to a temporary position at Baxter Healthcare. It was a great place to work for. The staff from PSC Biotech are awesome as well. They are willing to help with whatever you need.
Great place to work with lots of future potential
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 12, 2015
PSC Biotech is a company that is growing rapidly and offers plenty of room for personal advancement and growth as long as you are willing to work hard and do a good job.
I find the company supportive and offers a lot of training, both on the job and through off site education. In my case, the company is supporting my desire to take on a role in management by supporting my continuing education in management training and providing me with the opportunity to manage several interns.
I work with multiple companies in the L.A. area that are bring life science products to the market. I help ensure their compliance with FDA guidelines in documentation and product safety. I sometimes work as part of a team on larger projects where PSC Biotech provides consultants across a variety of disciplines and sometimes will work alone on a project. My co-workers are, for the most part, easy to work with and dedicated to their job. As with any organization, there are always some that don't seem to really fit with the job, but they seem to move on fairly quickly.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and a great work environment.
Cons
Work flow can be hectic at times, sometimes need to work evenings or weekends to get the job done.
Nice place to work. Good people and nice location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 25, 2014
I'm an administrative assistant at PSC and it's a good job. I've been here for over 5 years and have watched and been a part of the rapid growth over the past several years. As with any job there are some things I like more than others, but the good parts by far outweigh the bad. I have been given increased responsibility over the life of my job and feel that, while not overpaid, I am fairly paid.
The people are great to work with and the company encourages a team atmosphere.

I have the opportunity to work with the company management on a daily basis and find them to be supportive not only of me, but of all the employees. I genuinely feel like I'm a part of a team that is doing something important.

At times things get hectic with project due dates, but I'd rather in a place that is exciting rather than dull.
Pros
Nice people to work with and a supportive work environment.
Cons
Sometimes thing gets too hectic and the pressure is on to projects done.
Top-notch company and employees
Pharma Recruiter - Major Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 25, 2014
Most employees and members of management are top notch. The corporate culture is diverse and the environment is friendly. Working for PSC has enabled me to grow as a professional and I have developed greater communication skills.

This is a highly professional environment, and I really love it. There are many opportunities for growth and a lot of support from coworkers and management. I’m always busy! I’ve gotten some great exposure to processes I wouldn’t have had access to in a smaller environment. Enterprise processes for an international company are very different, not to mention cultures, attitudes, operations and systems.

The challenge I have is finding time for a life outside of work. While it’s my responsibility, I really enjoy and value my work. The hours are long and varied; weekends are often required. You have to understand that if you work for a fast-paced and innovative international business, you have to sacrifice a little in order to learn and develop.
Pros
The employees are the best anywhere. Great office environment, I've learned a lot. I really enjoy my job and all the great people I meet.
Cons
finding balance with my private life
Started as an intern, now full-time Validation Engineer
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 21, 2014
I've worked for PSC Biotech for three years now, including my internship. I've found that there are many unexpected benefits - such as networking opportunities (internal and external) and the ability to improve my skills. I can pretty much grow as little or as much as I want.

I started as an intern, and yes, I worked hard - I still do! This is a cutting edge industry, and if I want to get ahead I knew coming in I would have to bust my butt. But, PSC has enabled me to gain real world, valuable experience as a very recent college grad. Not many companies out there will bring you in green.

We are focused on innovation and value, and service clients all over the world. The growth and development plans have been well thought out by folks trained in biotechnology and international business. Just since I've been with the company, PSC has developed three subsidiaries in three separate markets. Oh yes - did I mention it was internally as well? I'm really excited about the BioTechnique launch - hoping to become part of it very soon.
Pros
Opportunities, growth, professionalism, people, diversity
Cons
long hours, pay scale
Technical Writer with PSC Biotech in Pomona, California.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 17, 2014
Not where I expected to end up working after getting my degree in English, but it has worked out well for me and, I believe, for PSC. When I joined PSC, they needed a couple of writers on a project and even though I had no experience in the biotech industry they hired me on. The company places a high value on making their documents clear and readable and they wanted a good writer first and foremost. When I first joined PSC I had never heard of ISO 9001 or 13485, and didn’t have the slightest idea what a cGMP environment was. However, PSC was willing to invest in me by sending me to seminars and paid for some classes at Cal Pomona so I could become proficient in the field, which I have. The job is much more than just writing documentation and reports and involves working with various other team members to ensure that our client gets a quality product from start to finish. PSC continues to acknowledge my increased value to the company with by regular salary increases and project bonuses.
Pros
Great place to work with good people, good benefits and good opportunity for growth.
Cons
Hard to come up with any. I like the company, the people, and I enjoy my work.
I have worked in the Pomona office of PSC Biotech for the past four years.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 11, 2014
As my first job out of college (USC) PSC Biotech this has proved to be a great place to work. I feel that I have learned a great deal about the field of bio-tech and the company values my contribution. The people I work with are supportive and fun to be around. My supervisor is a constant source of encouragement in my career, and in general I feel that the company really cares about its employees. I think this is an important field and one which makes a real contribution to a better world, which is important to me. I have had several advancements during my time here and feel that the sky is the limit as far as my potential growth here is concerned.
Pros
Supportive environment with lots of opportunities for advancement, Good salary and benefits and an interesting job.
Cons
Not many. Would like more time off, but who wouldn't.
Where I started my career
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, California USASeptember 26, 2013
I started as an intern at PSC Biotech, I was able to work flexible hours while I was studying at one of the local universities. The management put me on a fast track project with a major biopharmaceutical company where I was assigned to a team to help complete FDA required documents for a new manufacturing facility. I was trained on the cGMPs and was able to work in the company's facility. I enjoyed working with my PSC mentor, I learned a lot. I also was grateful for this valuable internship. The company later gave me a full time position when I graduated with my engineering degree. I recommend this company. They treated me well, I am grateful to have a job while some of my peers are still looking for positions.
Pros
Good on the job training, teamwork, good experience
Cons
Work deadlines can be stressful, must perform to keep clients happy
Do your research on this company....
Staff (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 16, 2013
The staff is relatively nice and fun to work with. The HR manager is not for the people though, she is a yes person. She does everything the CEO tells her to do. She is not an advocate for the employees. If you work with the CEO; watch out! You never know when he will strike. He is very moody (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde) and will take any and all issues out on you or whomever is in his current path. He does not listen to reason. It's his way or no way. If there is a disagreement between you and upper management he will always take their side; no questions asked. He lacks management skills, ethics, accountability etc. The people around him COO, and others in upper management all know that he is the major reason as to why the revolving door keeps spinning and they do nothing. You complain and they all say they know it's been happening for years........CEO makes working there unbearable to say the least.
Pros
Staff is nice
Cons
High turnover, Low pay, favortism, politics and drama, unethical behavior, unhappy work enviornment

The search in Pomona, CA at PSC Biotech did not match any reviews

4.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PSC Biotech.

Powered by Comparably