PSC Biotech Employee Reviews for Project Engineer

Fun job with quality co-workers and interesting clients.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2018
Life is never boring at PSC Biotech. The company has high expectation of its employees and in return provides excellent support and a more than fair salary. If you are looking for a job that you can just 'get by' in, then you'll probably not be happy at PSC. On the other hand, if you like a challenge, want to gain extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry along with meeting a wide range of customers in the industry, then you'll be happy here.
The people I work with are first-rate. It is a supportive group and management offers a good mixture of knowing when to be available, but otherwise allowing employees the freedom to do their jobs.
Pros
Interesting and exciting job, good growth prospects, fun group to be a part of.
Cons
Out of the office several days a week (not an issue for me).
Good industry well positioned for the future
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 25, 2018
Biotech is a industry with strong growth potential and PSC Biotech is in a perfect position to benefit from that growth.

My experience with the company has been positive and I would recommend PSC to anyone looking for a new and exciting job. The culture from the top down is young and forward looking. You are expected to work hard and get the job done. If you do, the company rewards you with advancement and compensation.

The pace at PSC is fast. Usually, there is more to do than there are hours in the day, but for me, that's a plus. I can't remember the last time I was bored at work and the people I work with are easy to get along with and work hard to make it a positive environment.

I am 'on the road' about 60% of the time. Some days that involves driving across town; other clients are out of town and there is some overnight travel. There are also some larger projects that can run several weeks in duration to put in a new system for a customer. I enjoy the travel and experiencing new people, but be sure you check that out beforehand if you don't think you'd like to travel.
Pros
Good company with strong growth, good people to work with and an involved CEO and management team.
Cons
Sometimes the travel can be as long as a week.
A postive year end review
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CADecember 28, 2017
The end of the year seems like a good time to share my experience with PSC Biotech.
I've been with the company for almost 3 years and it's been a positive learning experience. The people I work with are supportive and it's a fun place to work. Management seems responsive to employees and willing to accept suggestions. My clients are a varied and interesting group of companies.
One of the more interesting aspects of the job is that I work with a variety of customers. Some of the jobs are one-time consulting on resolving a particular problem; others are long term commitments that focus on the manufacturing and compliance aspects of the drug industry.
My co-workers and management are supportive and helpful. Management is available to solve problems when they arise, but does not micromanage every aspect of the job, which I appreciate.
Of course, I would like to earn more - but, who wouldn't? I've returned to Indeed to begin the process of seeing what might be available, although I have no immediate plans to leave PSC.
Pros
Good place to work, fun co-workers, responsive management
Great place to start your career
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 21, 2017
PSC is a great place to work. The job is interesting, the pay is good to excellent and the people are awesome.

I look forward to going to work each day, and the days go by quickly. Someone would have to be a total zombie to ever be bored at PSC. My job involves a lot of field work, so I'm only in a formal office settting a couple of days a week at most. Usually I'm on site with a client.

The people I work with from the top down are great. Everyone is focused on getting the best job possible done with a minimum of drama and stress. Management is open to new ideas and encourages everyone to realize that they are part of the company.

I like the people and the job.
Pros
New and interesting stuff every day. Good people to work with and a great place to learn new things.
Rewarding job
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTDecember 30, 2016
PSC Biotech has been my first job out of graduate school and it's been a pretty awesome experience. While school had given me the educational tools to do a good job, I didn't realize I still had to learn about doing a real job where people count on me to help them with their projects and where my skills and abilities can help a company make quality products.

Our job requires lots of on onsite visits to clients job sites. I have some clients that are regulars while others are one-time contracts (of PSC). That means that you need to be able to get along with a wide variety of people and company cultures. My supervisors and team members at PSC helped me get use to this and helped me learn how to interact with a number of different situations. Old timers at the job (more than 5 years) are quite skilled and pretty willing to share their knowledge with me.

I've found the company a great place to work and I have a real sense of being part of something that is important and performs a vital service. From my perspective, the salary and benefits are generous and I'm generally earning more than my classmates that graduate at about the same time as I did.
Pros
Good people to work with, interesting job, new opportunities and good pay.
Cons
Some travel involved and sometimes the weeks are long.
Great job-great people-great company
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2016
This is a great place to work. I've been here for 3+ years and enjoyed every minute of it. There is always something new just around the corner and each day is exciting and fun.
Don't get me wrong - it's a hard job working with different clients who can each be demanding. But, I like knowing better than helping a company find a new and better way to produce their product and receiving their praise when they realized that I've saved them time and money by making the process work better.
The people are enjoyable to work with and I find management to be responsive and open to suggestions. Combine that with good pay and fun times and what's not to like.
Pros
Good people, open culture, new ideas on how to do old things.
PSC is a good employer
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
The work is exciting and there is always something new happening at PSC. We work with a variety of clients and situations and there is the constant challenge of staying ahead of our client's needs.
The work culture at PSC Is one of support and encouragement to grow in your job and career. I like the people I work with and I like the job. Doesn't get much better than that!
Pros
New challenges and opportunities, good people, good job.
Cons
Some travel, some clients are better than others.
Good company with lots of upward opportunites.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WiJune 16, 2015
I work with a variety of clients in providing support for manufacturing and marketing in the bio-tech industry. PSC can help a client in areas such as compliance and validation studies from concept to market.
Most days I work at the main office in Madison, but about once every 4-6 weeks I'm assigned to a remote client location for on-site support. These are usually not more than a week and is a nice break. The people I work with are great! Management is pretty laid back and relaxed and as long as you are getting the job done, you are given plenty of room to do you work.
Company is expanding and gives preference to existing employees for new opportunities. Pay is more than reasonable and it's a good place to work.
Pros
Growth opportunity within the company and a strong career path.
Cons
None that come to mind.
Very nice people, great place to work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 12, 2014
The people I work with are pretty nice. Most are hardworking, but there are a couple of 'bad apples' that were vocal (there are anywhere). Great environment for the most part. Lots of opportunities and possibilities if you want to transfer and travel around. You can go pretty much anywhere in the world.

Fast paced, very busy almost all the time. Many new things to learn.

My biggest complaint is that the hours sometimes include weekends. I have children and that sometimes creates a conflict between my personal life and work life.
Pros
nice coworkers, enjoyable environment, opportunity to travel
Cons
long hours, weekend work