PSC Biotech Employee Reviews for Senior Project Engineer

Pretty good place to work
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2017
My job as a validation engineer at PSC Biotech has been a valuable experience. I have learned a great deal about the biotech industry and the people I have worked with have been great.
The days are interesting and the client we work with have provided me with a wide range of experience. I'm certainly not in any hurry to leave PSC, but I would like to live in another city that is closer to my family. If another opportunity at a different PSC location opened up I would certainly consider moving.
PSC has a work culture that while demanding, is rewarding. The company recognizes that not all the work can be done in an 8 hour day and makes adjustments where possible. At the same time, I and my fellow teammates realize that we have a responsibility to our customers and need to get the job done.
Everyone is supportive of each other and I've not been able to get a question answered at the local level or, if necessary, at corporate. In summary, PSC is a great place to work and develop your career.
Pros
Never boring, good growth, good pay and great people
Cons
Some people don't like the travel but it's OK with e
I've learned a lot at PSC Biotech
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
I'm certainly in no hurry to leave PSC. At the same time, I believe that it makes sense to be on the lookout for better opportunities so I'm looking on Indeed for other options. If I find something that is a LOT better, then I'll certainly consider it.

PSC has been my first job and it's been a great place to learn about the real world of business and project management. The company has been generous with training and education and my supervisors and co-workers have all been outstanding people. While I would not call the job easy - there are sometimes some long hours needed to get a project done - it has always been interesting. The company is pretty good about recognizing when you work long hours and works to make it up to you.

I've not had a lot of workplace experience but it seems to me that PSC excels at providing a culture that is supportive of everyone in the company. My supervisors have been great and on the occasions that I've seen the CEO or other top management they have seemed interested in me and my role in the company.

I like the people I work with and I like the customers that I deal with. Not a bad deal at all.
Pros
Great people to work with, interesting clients and more than fair pay.
Cons
Days can be long and there is some travel.
Fun,interesting and rewarding job
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
My job at PSC takes me all over the world. I work on various short to mid-term assignments with clients in the US and worldwide. One month I might be in China, the next in L.A.

The job is interesting, fun and always a challenge. The work schedule is sometimes hectic while other times it's pretty relaxed. It's my good fortune that I'm a pretty relaxed person and go with the flow.

The exposure that I've gained at PSC Biotech has been invaluable. I've worked with companies in China, Ireland, and several other countries. I've worked with a variety of engineers and executives in different fields within the overall framework of biotech.

Some assignments involve going out as part of a larger team while others are individual assignments. The people that I've worked with have been easy to get along with and skilled in their areas of expertise.
Pros
Exciting, fun, hectic, rewarding and interesting
Cons
Lots of travel, meeting new people and adapting to new situations.
This is a place if you want to be in the fast growing bio-tech industry
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 2, 2017
PSC is a good place to work. It's an exciting and growing company in an exciting field. It's a good team that I work with from the CEO on down.

Of course, you may ask why I'm looking on Indeed if PSC is such a great place. Fair enough. My answer is pretty simple - I'd like to earn as much money as possible. I may find that as PSC, which which I'm find with staying here, or someone else may find my skills worth more, in which I'd leave. Although, I'd let PSC know first and if they could match my increase, I'd most likely stay.

My job involves working with an interesting variety of clients at different job sites. More often than not, we go to the client's site so travel is required, but usually not more than a couple of hours away.

I sometimes work as part of a team, while other times I'm on my own. The people I work with are great and it's fun to go out on a team project.
Pros
Good pay, good people, nice office and great benefits.
Cons
Long days are sometimes needed to get the job done.
Awesome job
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Well, I'm one of those weird people that really like their job. PSC Biotech has been a great place to work with great people and interesting projects. It seems that there is always something new and exciting coming down the pike.
I work as a project engineer which means that I will be assigned to a project until it's done and then move on to the next one.

For some, that amount of change is hard to take but for me, it's liberating. There is always a new challenge to meet and new people to become acquainted with. Each project is different from the last and I'm constantly learning new things in each sub-industry. While I have no immediate plans to leave PSC I have been offered several jobs based on my performance in carrying out projects and it's both flattering and reassuring to know that my work is valued and that I have options if I decide to make a change.

The people in the Madison office are just great. There is a team spirit from the top down. We do all the usual office things for birthdays and celebrations and everyone is relaxed. At the same time, the company has a team culture that gets things done on time and done right.

PSC is always looking for new people and if you see something that is in your area of expertise you will find this a good company to work for.
Pros
Always something new and exciting happening. People are fun to work with and the company is growing.
Cons
None that really come to mind. Always do your homework to make sure you are a fit for the job.
A good place to work and grow
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 15, 2017
PSC Biotech has been my home for the past three years and It's been a great experience and a good place to work. I feel that PSC has helped me grow both personally and professionally.
In my job as a validation engineer I work with an interesting group of clients in the life sciences field. PSC consults with a variety of companies to meet their needs for short and long term consulting in IT, compliance and process manufacturing. Some of my jobs are only a day or two, but I've also spent weeks onsite working with the customer on a special project or need.
I travel about 40% of the time so you had better be comfortable with being on the road if you decide to work here. For the most part the people I work with are fun and interesting. PSC management has been supportive but they also expect you to do your job with a minimum of interference. I would happily recommend PSC to my friends as a good place to work.
Pros
Supportive co-workers, interesting job and a promising future.
Cons
There is a lsome travel required.
Good job
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CADecember 22, 2016
PSC Biotech is one of the leading firms in the country for outsourcing technical services in the biotech and healthcare industries. My job is to work on a team of PSC employees that often will go to a client's site and do a variety of consulting and technical services. One of the fun things about the job is that every client is someone new and different and it's never boring.

It's important to stay abreast of the latest trends and the company is supportive of continuing education at their expense. I attend meetings and seminars on behalf of the company and have helped land several contracts through these conferences. The company always has new jobs and opportunities and current employees are encouraged to move upwards in the company.

The people I work with are awesome. The office has the usual monthly birthday celebrations and management encourages team building activities. The job sometimes presents challenges that need to be overcome, but people are very open to helping each other find quick solutions to any problems that come up.

All in all, PSC is a good place to work and to build your career.
Pros
nice people, good benefits, postive work enviroment
Cons
some travel involved
Fast growing company and industry
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2016
Biotech is a hot industry right now and PSC Biotech is a hot company. There seem to be new contracts and opportunities posted weekly and it's an exciting time for those of working here.
My job is to provide consulting services to clients of PSC most often onsite. My focus is insuring that producion methods conform to industry best practices and meet any regularatory guidelines that may in place for a particularly company. The job is fast paced, challenging and never boring. PSC has clients across the U.S. and the job involves some travel, so be advised of that ahead of time. For me, that's not an inssue as I enjoy some time on the road, but then I don't have a family so it might be different for others.
Sometimes we go out to customers site as part of a team to consult on a process or design, other times I'm on my own. The people on the team are awesome and we combine doing a great job for our client with having a good time on the road. Based on my experience, PSC's salary and benefits are above average for the industry and the company goes the extra mile to make sure that employees are happy and enjoy their job.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, travel, good people on the team.
Cons
None that are important IMO.
Work is enjoyable
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 16, 2016
PSC is a good place to work for. The job is interesting, and the people that I work with are enjoyable, and our customers are easy to get along with. My job requires me to work with a variety of customers, usually at their site, so some travel is part of the job.
Each customer has different needs which make each day interesting and exciting. From time to time you run across a project that is not as interesting as others, but that's the nature of life.
I like the people I work with. We have a small local office, and everyone gets along well. My supervisor is there when I need her, but otherwise, lets me do my job. Management does not interfere unless there is a problem.
Pros
Good company and good people. Interesting job, good pay and benefits
Good company to work for - great people
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2016
What makes PSC such a great place to work are the people. From my fellow project engineers to the CEO, everyone is easy to get along and committed to making PSC a special company.
When I'm not traveling I usually arrive by 7 am or so. That let's me leave early and beat the traffic. When I'm travelling, which is about 30% of the time, I usually will work longer hours since I'm onsite with the client.
I get to meet a variety of people and, since our consulting projects cover a wide range of products and services, lots of new companies and clients. Every day is something new and different and it's a rare day where I'm bored.
Pros
Job flexibility and freedom, good people to work with, good benefits and good pay.
Cons
Travel can get tiresome, but that's part of the job.
Good times
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2016
I like my job. Period. If I didn't then I'd be long gone. But, just like anyone I'm always interested in a better situation of one comes along, hence I'm on Indeed. If I don't find something that I like, then I'll be happy staying with PSC Biotech.

The job is fun, exciting and rewarding. I work with some awesome people and the company has been good to me. I work hard at my job and sometimes it's more than a 9 to 5 gig, but that's OK. The company is flexible in time off and recognizes those that go the extra mile.

The people in the office are first rate. Everyone (almost) gets along and management seems committed to creating a team outlook where we all work together.
Pros
Stimulating work, good people to work with, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Travel and sometimes long days are required to the get the job done.
Good times at PSC
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 18, 2016
I like my job at PSC. While I'm on Indeed to check out what new opportunities might be out there, I don't have any problems with my job at PSC. Indeed, any new job will have to offer me a significant new challenge to consider leaving.
My job is varied, to say the least. I work as a validation engineer with some clients that PSC serves. The job requires travel, but I find that enjoyable, just as I enjoy working with a variety of clients. Some are more interesting than others but is pretty much balances out over time.
Pros
Interesting job, good people to work with, always something new happening.
Cons
For some the travel, but I knew that when I started.
Good place if you like science
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 13, 2016
PSC Biotech has been a good experience for me. While everyone is different I think most people that enjoy challenges, learning new things, and working with good people in a growing company, would be happy here.

There are all kinds of positions at PSC, but most boil down to engineering or science related to the growing and exciting field of biotech. My job makes me feel like I'm contributing something to the greater good and while that may sound corny, for me it's a key part of the job.

I work with a variety of clients in the L.A. area with some short range travel. PSC has clients all over the world and if travel is your thing, you can find some interesting projects to bid on. For me, I have kids in school and the company works hard to make sure that there is plenty of room for family life along with work.

I like meeting new clients and taking on new projects. Most of our work is consulting with clients that have specific needs for the expertise that PSC provides.
Pros
Exciting job, new challenges, good people to work with and interesting clients.
PSC has been good for me
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 23, 2016
I've enjoyed my experience at PSC working as a validation engineer in the L.A. office. I'm currently reviewing my options of staying with PSC or looking for another company. My only reason for leaving would be if I found a significantly better opportunity and is not based on any unhappiness with PSC.

I have the chance to work with great customers and great team members. We work hard, but the job in generally enjoyable and the people in the organization from the top down are first rate. The nature of the job is that there are always new challenges and things to learn, but I find that stimulating and exciting.

If you enjoy good people and an interesting job, then I'd encourage you to check out PSC.
Pros
Team spirit, sense of accomplishment, growth, good salary and benefits.
Cons
None really.
Good company with rapid grow and good potential
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 22, 2016
I enjoy my job at PSC and have no problems recommending the company and people to anyone looking for a job in the field of biotech consulting and project management. I work with a varied range of clients on different projects, usually at their site in southern California.

Some projects I do as part of a team, while other times I work on my own. All of our customers are in the general field of biotech, but that covers a wide range of fields and the job is never boring. The people I work with are, for the most part, easy to get along with and good in what they do. Everyone feels a part of the team from the top down to the guy cleans up at night.
Pros
Teamwork, growth, good benefits and compensation, fun place to work.
Cons
Sometimes the rapid growth makes it hard to keep up with what's happening.
Job with room to grow
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
As a validation engineer with PSC Biotech, my job is to help our clients be sure they meet all certification and regulatory requirements imposed by various government agencies. I work with a core group of clients and also participate in sales and marketing efforts to obtain new customers. Travel is required, mostly in the SW US, but usually does involve more than two or three nights at a time.
The job does require a fair amount of continuing education to keep abreast of changing regulations from the FDA and other agencies. Sometimes it can be overly detailed, but that's the nature of the job.
For the most part, the people I work with are enjoyable to be around, and the work is fun and exciting, There are always a few bad apples in the mix who are unhappy, but they tend to underperform and usually don't last too long in the job.
Pros
New challenges, growth opportunity, fun people to work with, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Does require travel, but not too much.
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 7, 2016
My job at PSC requires me to work with a variety of clients in diverse settings and products. I have a core group of long-term clients, but often have short term assignments or new clients that are assigned. It's exciting to be working with different customers, and there are always new challenges in the job.
I have learned a great deal since joining PSC four years ago. The company provides the time and incentive to learn new things and keep abreast of ever-changing regulations. I get as much help and supervision as I need, but the company expects you to be a self-starter and figure things out. Good group of people to work with and it's an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Exciting job, good people, interesting customers.
Cons
Travel, different clients.
Good People - Good Company
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2016
PSC is a good company to work for. The work is challenging but rewarding. The people I work with are fun and knowledgeable and I look forward to going to work each day. The workplace is friendly and my co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to be around. As a woman I've encountered any gender bias and my opinions are respected equally.

The job requires flexibility in that you are always encountering new situations and challenges. Management is available for advice, but we are encouraged to take as much responsibility for our job as we can, which is something I value. There is some travel involved and the nature of the business means that you are always meeting new clients and taking on new projects. It's never boring!
Pros
Good people, exciting job, good benefits, growth opportunities and advancement.
Cons
For some travel could be an issue.
A good company to grow with
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2016
My work at PSC Biotech is always interesting. It seems each day brings some new experiences and challenges. The job is never dull and I feel like I'm always new things. The people I work with are top drawer, which includes management. They are helpful without being interfering. If you like setting your own direction and being your own boss, this is a good place to be.

The job does involve some travel and requires working with a variety of clients. You should enjoy people and new experiences to do this job. The plus side is that you are always meeting new people and being exposed to new ideas and opportunities.
Pros
Exciting growth company. Good people to work with. Company advances from within.
Cons
Travel.