PSC Biotech Employee Reviews for Validation Engineer

Amazing staff and managers
Mechanical/Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 5, 2017
Project manager and HR always make sure you are happy and help you develop into higher roles. My project manager has done a great job of keeping me updated with work requirements.
Pros
Multiple companies to work with
Cons
No clear path for advancement
Good job in an exciting field
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 27, 2016
I've worked at PSC since I graduated and have found it a positive experience. I can't really compare it to other jobs since I've not had any others, but from talking with friends who work in other places I've concluded that PSC Is a special place to work.
Overall, the work is exciting, rewarding and challenging. The people I work with are supportive and management puts trust in their employees. Of course, I've had to learn new things and whenever I have a question or concern, the response from my supervisors has been quick and supportive.
The people I work with are smart and, for the most part, easy to get along with. The company encourages those of us who enjoy our work and, I'd liked to think, do it well to grow within the company. After five years, PSC has given me a lot of tools that will be valuable for my future. I'm exploring my options, which is why I'm on Indeed, but I also have options at PSC which I may well end up taking.
Pros
Good group of people, exciting work, new challenges, good salary and benefits.
Cons
Maybe the travel at times, but overall I like new people and places.
Exciting job with great potential
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2015
PSC is a good company to work for. The company is on the cutting edge of biotech healthcare, which is an exciting field. What I do each day is work with clients on ensuring that the products meet specifications and that the manufacturing process meets all standards.

Like any good job there was a learning curve that took almost a year. PSC was supportive in providing training and educational resources that complimented my formal education. What seemed very difficult at the beginning has now become second nature. Yet, the job is never boring and there are always new challenges and new things to learn.

The people on our team are great. There is a lot of peer support as we work on teams so that everyone is invested in doing a good job. Management is available when needed, but at the same time trusts our team to get the job done.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, interesting job.
Cons
None that really matter at the end of the day.
Great company with good long-term opportunity
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomonia, CaJune 27, 2015
PSC Biotech is a good company to work for. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth and the work is interesting and rewarding.

I find the work and the people stimulating and interesting. There is always something new happening and the company is experiencing rapid growth. Existing employees are given the opportunity to apply for new positions, but there is also no pressure to move to a new location if you don't want to.

Managment has always been supportive and interested in everyone's welfare. Salaries are equal to or better than competitors and the benefits are great.
Pros
Growth opportunites, exciting and interesting work, educational and profesisonl training.
Cons
None of note.
No structure whatsoever.
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
This is a relaxed environment but there is absolutely no structure. You basically have to beg for work/assignments. On top of that, the compensation is terrible. There seems to be no real opportunity for development here. Also, management has a tendency to fire employees at random.
Pros
You get to make your own schedule and management is okay with a lot of vacation time.
Cons
Everything else.
Interesting job in a company with high growth potential
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2014
I work as a validation engineer for PSC in Seattle. We have several large clients in the area, and the work is interesting and rewarding. It’s nice to be working with people and companies on the cutting edge of biotech that can make better lives for many people.
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I’ve read a couple of bad reviews here, but they must have been either from people who didn’t the job they wanted or were unhappy for other reasons. I guess there are always a few bad apples around. The company is fast growing and fast moving, and I suppose for some that’s not a good thing. For me, I’d rather be doing something interesting and exciting, which this job is.
Pros
Seattle is a great place to live, the company offers a very competitive salary, and has excellent growth opportunities.
Cons
Busy all the time, but that’s a lot better than not having enough to do.
Started as an intern, now full-time Validation Engineer
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 21, 2014
I've worked for PSC Biotech for three years now, including my internship. I've found that there are many unexpected benefits - such as networking opportunities (internal and external) and the ability to improve my skills. I can pretty much grow as little or as much as I want.

I started as an intern, and yes, I worked hard - I still do! This is a cutting edge industry, and if I want to get ahead I knew coming in I would have to bust my butt. But, PSC has enabled me to gain real world, valuable experience as a very recent college grad. Not many companies out there will bring you in green.

We are focused on innovation and value, and service clients all over the world. The growth and development plans have been well thought out by folks trained in biotechnology and international business. Just since I've been with the company, PSC has developed three subsidiaries in three separate markets. Oh yes - did I mention it was internally as well? I'm really excited about the BioTechnique launch - hoping to become part of it very soon.
Pros
Opportunities, growth, professionalism, people, diversity
Cons
long hours, pay scale
Where I started my career
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, California USASeptember 26, 2013
I started as an intern at PSC Biotech, I was able to work flexible hours while I was studying at one of the local universities. The management put me on a fast track project with a major biopharmaceutical company where I was assigned to a team to help complete FDA required documents for a new manufacturing facility. I was trained on the cGMPs and was able to work in the company's facility. I enjoyed working with my PSC mentor, I learned a lot. I also was grateful for this valuable internship. The company later gave me a full time position when I graduated with my engineering degree. I recommend this company. They treated me well, I am grateful to have a job while some of my peers are still looking for positions.
Pros
Good on the job training, teamwork, good experience
Cons
Work deadlines can be stressful, must perform to keep clients happy