PSC Biotech Employee Reviews

Semi-retired
Validation Consultant (Semi-retired) (Current Employee) –  TelecommuteMarch 27, 2016
Telecommute from home in Windsor, developing test methods, writing SOPs, validation protocols (cleaning, process, and method), and final reports.
Good company with rapid grow and good potential
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 22, 2016
I enjoy my job at PSC and have no problems recommending the company and people to anyone looking for a job in the field of biotech consulting and project management. I work with a varied range of clients on different projects, usually at their site in southern California.

Some projects I do as part of a team, while other times I work on my own. All of our customers are in the general field of biotech, but that covers a wide range of fields and the job is never boring. The people I work with are, for the most part, easy to get along with and good in what they do. Everyone feels a part of the team from the top down to the guy cleans up at night.
Pros
Teamwork, growth, good benefits and compensation, fun place to work.
Cons
Sometimes the rapid growth makes it hard to keep up with what's happening.
Job with room to grow
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 8, 2016
As a validation engineer with PSC Biotech, my job is to help our clients be sure they meet all certification and regulatory requirements imposed by various government agencies. I work with a core group of clients and also participate in sales and marketing efforts to obtain new customers. Travel is required, mostly in the SW US, but usually does involve more than two or three nights at a time.
The job does require a fair amount of continuing education to keep abreast of changing regulations from the FDA and other agencies. Sometimes it can be overly detailed, but that's the nature of the job.
For the most part, the people I work with are enjoyable to be around, and the work is fun and exciting, There are always a few bad apples in the mix who are unhappy, but they tend to underperform and usually don't last too long in the job.
Pros
New challenges, growth opportunity, fun people to work with, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Does require travel, but not too much.
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 7, 2016
My job at PSC requires me to work with a variety of clients in diverse settings and products. I have a core group of long-term clients, but often have short term assignments or new clients that are assigned. It's exciting to be working with different customers, and there are always new challenges in the job.
I have learned a great deal since joining PSC four years ago. The company provides the time and incentive to learn new things and keep abreast of ever-changing regulations. I get as much help and supervision as I need, but the company expects you to be a self-starter and figure things out. Good group of people to work with and it's an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Exciting job, good people, interesting customers.
Cons
Travel, different clients.
Good People - Good Company
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2016
PSC is a good company to work for. The work is challenging but rewarding. The people I work with are fun and knowledgeable and I look forward to going to work each day. The workplace is friendly and my co-workers are helpful and enjoyable to be around. As a woman I've encountered any gender bias and my opinions are respected equally.

The job requires flexibility in that you are always encountering new situations and challenges. Management is available for advice, but we are encouraged to take as much responsibility for our job as we can, which is something I value. There is some travel involved and the nature of the business means that you are always meeting new clients and taking on new projects. It's never boring!
Pros
Good people, exciting job, good benefits, growth opportunities and advancement.
Cons
For some travel could be an issue.
A good company to grow with
Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 1, 2016
My work at PSC Biotech is always interesting. It seems each day brings some new experiences and challenges. The job is never dull and I feel like I'm always new things. The people I work with are top drawer, which includes management. They are helpful without being interfering. If you like setting your own direction and being your own boss, this is a good place to be.

The job does involve some travel and requires working with a variety of clients. You should enjoy people and new experiences to do this job. The plus side is that you are always meeting new people and being exposed to new ideas and opportunities.
Pros
Exciting growth company. Good people to work with. Company advances from within.
Cons
Travel.
Enjoyable place to work
Sr. Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 11, 2016
I've worked for PSC Biotech since 2008 at several different locations. As a validation engineer I am assigned to work a variety of clients. Some engagements are short-term while others have lasted for years. Currently my clients are based in the Pacific Northwest and while some travel is required most out of town assignments are only a day or two in duration.
What I like about the job is the variety. My clients are, for the most part, interesting and the work is always exciting. I enjoy the people I work with and have never had any issues with management, both at the regional level and with headquarters.
Pros
Good salary and benefits, challenging and interesting work assignments, new experiences.
Cons
Some travel required.
Rewarding and enjoyable job
quality assurance engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 28, 2015
I've worked with PSC for the past six years. The job is rewarding and challenging. While not my first job out of college, I did not have a lot of experience when I first joined. PSC provided me lots of support and training and my peers have always been supportive and helpful. Unlike other companies, PSC has always encouraged us to maximize our personal potential even it might mean leaving for another company.

I work with a variety of clients and teams. For me, that's a fun part of the job, but you have to be a flexible person who is OK with taking personal responsibility for getting things done. I can see that for some it might be stressful to work on a variety of projects, but I find it exciting.
Pros
Good pay, good people and an interesting job. What more could I want?
Cons
Travel away from home, interacting with new people.
Growing Company
quality engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 16, 2015
PSC Biotech is a great place to work. The job is exciting and fulfilling - salary and benefits are better than average - and there is a good opportunity for growth.

My job involves working with a variety of clients primarily in the biotech industry. It's cutting edge stuff and never gets boring. I work with interesting people, both in the office and at client's sites. PSC's management style is what I'd call engaged when needed. In other words, if I need advice on solving a problem I can go to my boss with the issue and it will get resolved. But, at the same time there's no one looking over my shoulder. Overall, the people at PSC are first rate and the office is pretty much free from office politics and other distractions.
Pros
Good salary and benefits. Fun place to work. Challenging and interesesting work.
Cons
None to speak of.
Plenty of Opportunties at PSC
Enviromental Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 4, 2015
PSC Biotech has proved to be a great place to work and gives me a job that I enjoy and look forward to every day. The company has always been supportive of my professional and personal growth and gives me the opportunity to grow in my job.
People are generally great to work with and management is top notch. There is always support and supervision available when needed, but it is never overbearing. In other words, if you do your job well you are left alone unless you ask for help.
Pros
New tjhings to do, good people, fun clents and a fun job.
Cons
Travel can sometimes be a chore. Working with new clients means that some are better than others.
Good and challenging job in a rapidly growing industry
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 18, 2015
For someone like me who likes being busy and feeling productive, this is a great job. Days can be long and stressful, but I excel in that kind of environment and the time goes by quickly.
My day is often spent onsite with a client in the L.A. area, which can be a long commute in L.A. traffic. But, it's nice to have different places to go and people to see. Our field is primarily in healthcare which is an exciting and growing field. There is satisfaction in knowing that your work is important and meaningful.
Both my peers and management are easy to work with. I've always been treated with respect even by those with much more experience or a higher title than me.
Pros
Good opportunity for growth, busy days, different places and people to see and interact with, good pay and benefits, living in L.A.
Cons
Can be stressful to meet deadlines sometimes.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 1, 2015
PSC is an exciting and rewarding place to work. I've worked for them for nearly 5 years in Pomona, CA and then accepted a new position in Madison, Wi.
Clearly, if I was willing to move across the country for this job I must like the job. It was not easy to move, but PSC did everything possible to make it easy for me and my family.
Part of the motivation behind my move was the support I received from my co-workers and management. Each day is different with new opportunites to grow the business.
My job is centered around sourcing new clients for our consulting business. A fair amount of travel is required, which I find exciting. You need to enjoy working with a variety of people and customers and not be afraid of hard work. If this sounds like you, then you'll be pretty happy at PSC.
Pros
Good management, good benefits, good job.
Cons
You have to work hard, some travel is required.
Exciting job with great potential
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2015
PSC is a good company to work for. The company is on the cutting edge of biotech healthcare, which is an exciting field. What I do each day is work with clients on ensuring that the products meet specifications and that the manufacturing process meets all standards.

Like any good job there was a learning curve that took almost a year. PSC was supportive in providing training and educational resources that complimented my formal education. What seemed very difficult at the beginning has now become second nature. Yet, the job is never boring and there are always new challenges and new things to learn.

The people on our team are great. There is a lot of peer support as we work on teams so that everyone is invested in doing a good job. Management is available when needed, but at the same time trusts our team to get the job done.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, interesting job.
Cons
None that really matter at the end of the day.
Growing company in an exciting field
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 27, 2015
My job is exciting and every day provides something new and interesting. We have regular team meetings to review existing projects and work with the sales team on new projects. I have learned a great deal in this job and what once seemed difficult now seems routine.

Both management and my co-workers are first rate. Management provides just the right amount of supervision to make me feel comfortable in knowing that I have resource to advice when needed, but also gives me the freedom to do my job. For the most part the people are work with are easy to get along with and skilled in their job.

There is some travel required but not so much as to be disruptive to my life style. I look forward to going to work each day which is all that you can ask from a job.
Pros
Exciting growing company, good co-workers and management, good pay and benefits.
Cons
None to speak of.
Interesting Job
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2015
As a Qualtiy Engineer for PSC Biotech I work at number of different client sites performing quality engineering services to PSC clients. We work with the customer to ensure that their production is done in the most efficient manner and, where required, meets the requirements of regulatory agencies such as the FDA.

The job involves a fair amount of travel. To do the job well and be comfortable it's important to be self-starter who can do the job with a minimum amount of supervision. You are expected to know your job and do it well. In return, PSC pays well and offers great benefits and a flexible work environment.
Pros
Freedome to do the job, good pay, good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons
If you don't like to travel then you might not like this job.
Challenging and exciting place to work with solid career advancement opportunities.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 31, 2015
PSC is a good company to work for. They provide an atmosphere where personal growth and achievement is rewarded and valued. The work is challenging but anyone who is willing to learn and work hard will do well here.

PSC is a fast growing company in the exciting field of bio-tech products and services. I work with a variety of clients in different locals and fields. Top management is supportive of their employees and supervision is based on a as-needed basis rather than having someone looking over your shoulder every minute of the day. The people I work with are top notch, work is fun and the pay is more than competitive.
Pros
Freedom to do your job, flexible time schedule, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Travel sometimes involves weekends.
Good company to work for
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH (east coast region)August 11, 2015
PSC Biotech is a fast growing company that is well positioned in the fast-growing health care industry. The company partners with companies in the bio-tech area and provides a variety of consulting services including quality control, validation services, consulting and personnel sourcing.

As an employee I find the job and PSC an exciting challenge and a great place to work. The company offers almost unlimited opportunity for growth for employees that are willing to work hard and are invested in a career.

For the most part my co-workers are supportive and fun to work with. Management is responsive to employee's and my supervisor is a great person who is as invested in my career as I am.
Pros
Growing company, great opportunity, fun and exciting, rewarding.
Cons
Some weekend work to meet deadlines is required.
I like my job.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2015
My job is fun and exciting. I go to work each day confident that there will be new challenges and opportunities. I am always meeting new clients and my job involves travel - sometimes it gets a bit much, but most of the time its fun. We are in a small satellite office in Columbia and rely on the head office in Madison for support, which is always available when needed.

I think to succeed in this job one needs to be comfortable with working with minimum supervision and be willing to accept responsibly for your decisions. Whenever I need help or advice it's always there, but there is no one breathing down my neck every day, which I like.

PSC is a fast growing company that offers upward growth to those that are willing to move with the company. At this point in my life I'm always on the lookout for new challenges and PSC seems to be a great place to grow.
Pros
Fast growing company, new opportunities, meeting new people, job is never boring
Cons
Somewhat isolated from home office.
Great fast growing company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJuly 8, 2015
A rapidly growing company in the biotech field. I’ve worked here for the past six years and love it. There is a good amount of travel but as a single woman I enjoy the excitement and the chance to meet new people and see new places. The company has a worldwide presence and I’ve been able to work on assignments in both Europe and Asia. My job is to work with clients to ensure that they manufacturing process meets FDA (and sometimes EU) requirements for the US market. Some assignments are only for a few days, while others may be for several weeks or longer. Management has encouraged me to learn new skills and offers plenty of opportunity for upward movement.
Pros
Fast growing company, exciting work, opportunity for upward mobility
Cons
Travel, different groups of people to relate to.
Great company with good long-term opportunity
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomonia, CaJune 27, 2015
PSC Biotech is a good company to work for. There are great opportunities for personal and professional growth and the work is interesting and rewarding.

I find the work and the people stimulating and interesting. There is always something new happening and the company is experiencing rapid growth. Existing employees are given the opportunity to apply for new positions, but there is also no pressure to move to a new location if you don't want to.

Managment has always been supportive and interested in everyone's welfare. Salaries are equal to or better than competitors and the benefits are great.
Pros
Growth opportunites, exciting and interesting work, educational and profesisonl training.
Cons
None of note.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSC Biotech. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PSC Biotech.

Powered by Comparably