PSC Biotech Employee Reviews

Good company with lots of upward opportunites.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WiJune 16, 2015
I work with a variety of clients in providing support for manufacturing and marketing in the bio-tech industry. PSC can help a client in areas such as compliance and validation studies from concept to market.
Most days I work at the main office in Madison, but about once every 4-6 weeks I'm assigned to a remote client location for on-site support. These are usually not more than a week and is a nice break. The people I work with are great! Management is pretty laid back and relaxed and as long as you are getting the job done, you are given plenty of room to do you work.
Company is expanding and gives preference to existing employees for new opportunities. Pay is more than reasonable and it's a good place to work.
Pros
Growth opportunity within the company and a strong career path.
Cons
None that come to mind.
Willing to help locate a job
Temp (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 20, 2015
I was assigned to a temporary position at Baxter Healthcare. It was a great place to work for. The staff from PSC Biotech are awesome as well. They are willing to help with whatever you need.
PSC is a great place to work
Compliance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2015
I’ve worked for PSC Biotech for the past 4 years and it’s a great job and a great company. While I’m a full time employee of PSC I specialize in working independently for various clients in the bay area. PSC is one of the fastest growing companies in the field of bio-tech consulting and as such the job is exciting and seems always new and refreshing.

There is a great support system set with the home office in Pomona and if I need support it’s just a phone call away, but I also really like the independent nature of the job. I feel that I’m my own boss with all the privileges and responsibilities that entails. My primary job is to work with our clients to ensure that their processes in manufacturing meets or exceeds FDA requirements. A mistake can be costly to a client and many companies routinely use outside consultants to double check their procedures. I’m also getting a lot of exposure to marketing and sales as I’m asked to source new clients and opportunities as they arise.
Pros
Good pay, independent work, flexible hours, am my own boss
Cons
None. Great job and great company.
This is a good company to work for.
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 12, 2015
PSC is a rapidly growing company in an exciting field. I feel that the company, and by extension myself, is at the forefront of biotech leadership. This is my first job out of college and it has turned out far better than I would have anticipated.

PSC has been very supportive in terms of compensation, training and leadership opportunities. While most of my work is off-site at client facilities, I have full back up from the home office whenever I need it. I like the people I work with and everyone has been supportive of my career goals.

I know from talking with friends who graduated at the same time that I did, that this is one of those once in a lifetime opportunities.
Pros
Supportive management, good compensation, opportunity for advancement.
I work as Quality Assurance Manager for PSC
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 23, 2015
If you are interested in working for an exciting and innovative company then PSC Biotech is great place to work. I've been here for nearly seven years and think it's a great job. The people I work with are top notch and the work is always challenging and fresh.

My job involves traveling to client sites to help them with the manufacturing of pharmaceuticals. I help the client review their procedures to ensure that they meet FDA manufacturing guidelines as well as internal controls. I work with a team in Madison and Pomona, CA that is responsible for quality assurance with various clients around the U.S.
Pros
Good place to work, exciting future, growth opportunities.
Great place to work with lots of future potential
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 12, 2015
PSC Biotech is a company that is growing rapidly and offers plenty of room for personal advancement and growth as long as you are willing to work hard and do a good job.
I find the company supportive and offers a lot of training, both on the job and through off site education. In my case, the company is supporting my desire to take on a role in management by supporting my continuing education in management training and providing me with the opportunity to manage several interns.
I work with multiple companies in the L.A. area that are bring life science products to the market. I help ensure their compliance with FDA guidelines in documentation and product safety. I sometimes work as part of a team on larger projects where PSC Biotech provides consultants across a variety of disciplines and sometimes will work alone on a project. My co-workers are, for the most part, easy to work with and dedicated to their job. As with any organization, there are always some that don't seem to really fit with the job, but they seem to move on fairly quickly.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits and a great work environment.
Cons
Work flow can be hectic at times, sometimes need to work evenings or weekends to get the job done.
This is a rewarding and exciting job
Business Development/Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 1, 2015
This is a good company to work for. In my job I am constantly meeting new people and managing new challenges. Never bored and unlimited growth potential with a company that is fast growing and a leader in its field of healthcare consulting and software services.

The people I work with are great and the company is supportive of staff and clients. I get as much supervision as I need, but not too much. As long as you can do the job PSC Biotech encourages you to work on your initiative and pace.
Pros
Fast growing company in a fast growing field.
Cons
Work is challenging, but that's really a plus not a minus.
Good Work Environment
Validation Analyst (Current Employee) –  Balitmore, MIFebruary 20, 2015
This is a good company to work for. The company has a great culture and is supportive of employees. They are demanding in the sense that you need to be able to do your job well, but as long as you perform, the company performs. Nothing wrong with that IMO.
Good benefits and supportive management. Flexible in time off and willing to adapt to innovative ideas about work flow. The company has high values and is supportive of both personal and career growth goals. You are expected to work hard and independently and you are well rewarded as long as your perform. If you are not a self starter or uncomfortable in working in new situations, this may not be for you. Personally, I find it very refreshing and stimulating.
Pros
Able to work independently and get the job done. Good benefits.
Cons
None to speak off as long as you are OK with hard work.
Great growth potential in an exciting company.
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 11, 2015
My experience with PSC has been nothing but positive. I work as part of a project team that works on a variety of projects. My expertise lies in Epic implementations and ICD-10 conversion projects. The growth of the whole health care industry over the past few years has guaranteed an ongoing string of challenging assignments. I’ve worked on several contract sites and have enjoyed the teamwork and spirit of the PSC team. Each contract job that I’ve been on has clearly laid out details of the project and scope. Some projects are more organized than others, but that has more to do with the client side. Each project has a manager assigned by corporate who makes sure things go smoothly on the PSC side. Good compensation and benefits package and the company has flexible policies that encourages and rewards those that are willing to work hard.
Pros
Good compensation and benefits package, the company has flexible policies, that encourages and rewards those that are willing to work hard.
Cons
There are challenges in working off site, and with multiple clients.
No structure whatsoever.
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2015
This is a relaxed environment but there is absolutely no structure. You basically have to beg for work/assignments. On top of that, the compensation is terrible. There seems to be no real opportunity for development here. Also, management has a tendency to fire employees at random.
Pros
You get to make your own schedule and management is okay with a lot of vacation time.
Cons
Everything else.
Dynamic, team environment, leader
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 13, 2014
Great opportunity to advance your career if you put in the time and effort. It's a continually growing company that's been recognized as an emerging leader in the industry. We are using some amazing tools and working on some pretty cool, innovative products.

PSC has a stable work environment, high-caliber people and management is always right there to assist me when I have a questions. The environment is designed to provide new opportunities and grow people from within - I just have to put in the effort.

Occasionally there can be communication lapses, but I think that's true of any large company - especially international businesses.
Pros
opportunity, quality people, innovative, stable
Cons
occasional lapses in communication
Stable work environment, values employees
Validation Scientist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2014
I've been working at PSC Biotech for a little over three years now and I couldn't be happier. I started right out of college and since then I've had many opportunities for learning, advancement - even travel! It's a challenging job in a complex industry, but I feel like everything I contribute is worthwhile and valued.

Everyone has treated me respectfully and professionally. It's a comfortable, friendly and supportive atmosphere. There are some chances to learn from some pretty talented people on an almost daily basis.

It can be a bit stressful at times, but I think that's because everyone here really cares and has a vested interest in our work and success.
Pros
opportunity, value, experience, education
Cons
stressful at times
Very nice people, great place to work
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 12, 2014
The people I work with are pretty nice. Most are hardworking, but there are a couple of 'bad apples' that were vocal (there are anywhere). Great environment for the most part. Lots of opportunities and possibilities if you want to transfer and travel around. You can go pretty much anywhere in the world.

Fast paced, very busy almost all the time. Many new things to learn.

My biggest complaint is that the hours sometimes include weekends. I have children and that sometimes creates a conflict between my personal life and work life.
Pros
nice coworkers, enjoyable environment, opportunity to travel
Cons
long hours, weekend work
Cutting edge, professional environment, competitive industry
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2014
Some of the smartest minds in the industry are working here, in a culture that is focused on helping people (including employees).

Lots of controlled growth and expansion - it makes me feel a lot more confident about my future here. There are lots of different types of opportunities opening up everywhere you turn - ot just in the US but internationally as well.

I like the people I work with, the work is challenging and I am busy all the time. I'm not micromanaged; my supervisors know that I am experienced and trust me to get the job done.

Pay is okay, benefits are solid. Time off can be a challenge, but it's workable.
Pros
culture, opportunities, environment
Cons
time off, pay could be a little better
Interesting job in a company with high growth potential
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2014
I work as a validation engineer for PSC in Seattle. We have several large clients in the area, and the work is interesting and rewarding. It’s nice to be working with people and companies on the cutting edge of biotech that can make better lives for many people.
I have nothing but good things to say about this company. I’ve read a couple of bad reviews here, but they must have been either from people who didn’t the job they wanted or were unhappy for other reasons. I guess there are always a few bad apples around. The company is fast growing and fast moving, and I suppose for some that’s not a good thing. For me, I’d rather be doing something interesting and exciting, which this job is.
Pros
Seattle is a great place to live, the company offers a very competitive salary, and has excellent growth opportunities.
Cons
Busy all the time, but that’s a lot better than not having enough to do.
Nice place to work. Good people and nice location
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 25, 2014
I'm an administrative assistant at PSC and it's a good job. I've been here for over 5 years and have watched and been a part of the rapid growth over the past several years. As with any job there are some things I like more than others, but the good parts by far outweigh the bad. I have been given increased responsibility over the life of my job and feel that, while not overpaid, I am fairly paid.
The people are great to work with and the company encourages a team atmosphere.

I have the opportunity to work with the company management on a daily basis and find them to be supportive not only of me, but of all the employees. I genuinely feel like I'm a part of a team that is doing something important.

At times things get hectic with project due dates, but I'd rather in a place that is exciting rather than dull.
Pros
Nice people to work with and a supportive work environment.
Cons
Sometimes thing gets too hectic and the pressure is on to projects done.
Top-notch company and employees
Pharma Recruiter - Major Responsibilities (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 25, 2014
Most employees and members of management are top notch. The corporate culture is diverse and the environment is friendly. Working for PSC has enabled me to grow as a professional and I have developed greater communication skills.

This is a highly professional environment, and I really love it. There are many opportunities for growth and a lot of support from coworkers and management. I’m always busy! I’ve gotten some great exposure to processes I wouldn’t have had access to in a smaller environment. Enterprise processes for an international company are very different, not to mention cultures, attitudes, operations and systems.

The challenge I have is finding time for a life outside of work. While it’s my responsibility, I really enjoy and value my work. The hours are long and varied; weekends are often required. You have to understand that if you work for a fast-paced and innovative international business, you have to sacrifice a little in order to learn and develop.
Pros
The employees are the best anywhere. Great office environment, I've learned a lot. I really enjoy my job and all the great people I meet.
Cons
finding balance with my private life
Currently an Intern
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2014
I just started working for PSC Biotech this year as an intern right out of school. I thought I had a pretty good handle on things, but my short time here has shown me just how much I still have to learn!

This is a great group of people and most everyone has been really nice and helpful. I can pick up additional training all the time, and everyone is good about answering questions and helping the new guy understand.

I was really excited to get this internship, and I still am. I work in a great atmosphere, doing what I love to do. Sure I wish the pay was better - doesn’t everyone? But, I’m just a lowly intern. Hopefully I’ll stay on with a full-time, regular position.

I wish the pay was a little better, even for the interns. We have to live in the city and it’s expensive here. Sometimes, I feel like the communication could be better, but it’s such a big company I definitely understand that sometimes it’s a challenge to get information through the channels in a timely fashion.
Pros
Great people, opportunities abound, exciting atmosphere
Cons
long hours, pay scale
Started as an intern, now full-time Validation Engineer
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 21, 2014
I've worked for PSC Biotech for three years now, including my internship. I've found that there are many unexpected benefits - such as networking opportunities (internal and external) and the ability to improve my skills. I can pretty much grow as little or as much as I want.

I started as an intern, and yes, I worked hard - I still do! This is a cutting edge industry, and if I want to get ahead I knew coming in I would have to bust my butt. But, PSC has enabled me to gain real world, valuable experience as a very recent college grad. Not many companies out there will bring you in green.

We are focused on innovation and value, and service clients all over the world. The growth and development plans have been well thought out by folks trained in biotechnology and international business. Just since I've been with the company, PSC has developed three subsidiaries in three separate markets. Oh yes - did I mention it was internally as well? I'm really excited about the BioTechnique launch - hoping to become part of it very soon.
Pros
Opportunities, growth, professionalism, people, diversity
Cons
long hours, pay scale
Technical Writer with PSC Biotech in Pomona, California.
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 17, 2014
Not where I expected to end up working after getting my degree in English, but it has worked out well for me and, I believe, for PSC. When I joined PSC, they needed a couple of writers on a project and even though I had no experience in the biotech industry they hired me on. The company places a high value on making their documents clear and readable and they wanted a good writer first and foremost. When I first joined PSC I had never heard of ISO 9001 or 13485, and didn’t have the slightest idea what a cGMP environment was. However, PSC was willing to invest in me by sending me to seminars and paid for some classes at Cal Pomona so I could become proficient in the field, which I have. The job is much more than just writing documentation and reports and involves working with various other team members to ensure that our client gets a quality product from start to finish. PSC continues to acknowledge my increased value to the company with by regular salary increases and project bonuses.
Pros
Great place to work with good people, good benefits and good opportunity for growth.
Cons
Hard to come up with any. I like the company, the people, and I enjoy my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSC Biotech. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at PSC Biotech.

Powered by Comparably