PSC Biotech Employee Reviews

I have worked in the Pomona office of PSC Biotech for the past four years.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CASeptember 11, 2014
As my first job out of college (USC) PSC Biotech this has proved to be a great place to work. I feel that I have learned a great deal about the field of bio-tech and the company values my contribution. The people I work with are supportive and fun to be around. My supervisor is a constant source of encouragement in my career, and in general I feel that the company really cares about its employees. I think this is an important field and one which makes a real contribution to a better world, which is important to me. I have had several advancements during my time here and feel that the sky is the limit as far as my potential growth here is concerned.
Pros
Supportive environment with lots of opportunities for advancement, Good salary and benefits and an interesting job.
Cons
Not many. Would like more time off, but who wouldn't.
Do your homework - read all reviews
Consultant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 7, 2014
As a technical professional, I found my peers to be inexperienced. The environment was not supportive. Executive management appeared to be knowledgeable however did not put their consultants first. Upon first being introduced to PSC Biotech, I should have "done my homework" on the company. I have since noticed several not so favorable reviews all of which are fairly accurate assessments of the company. I encourage you to do your research. Ask other validation engineers in your circle what they know, who they know....if you are unemployed and need a job fast, this company is for you. If you are looking for a career,this company is not for you. Use your connections (professional associations, LinkedIn etc. ) to investigate. The pay is the lowest in the industry for consulting companies. Once on site at a client, don't expect to hear from anyone at PSC. You will have limited to no support from corporate or project managers.
Pros
Receiving a paycheck
Cons
Lack of professionalism, dishonest management
Where I started my career
Validation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pomona, California USASeptember 26, 2013
I started as an intern at PSC Biotech, I was able to work flexible hours while I was studying at one of the local universities. The management put me on a fast track project with a major biopharmaceutical company where I was assigned to a team to help complete FDA required documents for a new manufacturing facility. I was trained on the cGMPs and was able to work in the company's facility. I enjoyed working with my PSC mentor, I learned a lot. I also was grateful for this valuable internship. The company later gave me a full time position when I graduated with my engineering degree. I recommend this company. They treated me well, I am grateful to have a job while some of my peers are still looking for positions.
Pros
Good on the job training, teamwork, good experience
Cons
Work deadlines can be stressful, must perform to keep clients happy
Do your research on this company....
Staff (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 16, 2013
The staff is relatively nice and fun to work with. The HR manager is not for the people though, she is a yes person. She does everything the CEO tells her to do. She is not an advocate for the employees. If you work with the CEO; watch out! You never know when he will strike. He is very moody (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde) and will take any and all issues out on you or whomever is in his current path. He does not listen to reason. It's his way or no way. If there is a disagreement between you and upper management he will always take their side; no questions asked. He lacks management skills, ethics, accountability etc. The people around him COO, and others in upper management all know that he is the major reason as to why the revolving door keeps spinning and they do nothing. You complain and they all say they know it's been happening for years........CEO makes working there unbearable to say the least.
Pros
Staff is nice
Cons
High turnover, Low pay, favortism, politics and drama, unethical behavior, unhappy work enviornment