PSEG Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
LOVE PSE&G! Great people and great company!
Executive Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 12, 2018
I absolutely loved working at PSE&G! I started as a Typist Clerk and worked my way up to Executive Admin. This is a company that truly helps you grow and get promoted. I would still be there if we didn't have to move out of state.
Pros
Salary, great management
Good company to work for
Project Manager/Scrum Master/Subject matter expert (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 11, 2018
Its a good company to work for. All Agile projects . They spend money on employees.They provide training wherever required. Good work - life balance. Overall good place.
Good Place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 6, 2018
Be prepared for performing storm duty. You must learn things on your own and don't expect much from your manager. Things often change or can't be economically justified.
Pros
steady job
Cons
storm duty
Favors internal candidates
Technical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2018
Subcontractors not well supported by IT or management. Internal personnel use subcontractors to achieve goals. Typical day is collecting data from field locations, submitting summary reports to senior management, training internal personnel on use of software and improving processes for collecting and reporting data. Meeting is scheduled to align field locations to roadmap for data collections. Set goals for next day. Follow timeline for data submission until project is complete.
Pros
good pay
Cons
subcontractors not well supported
Nepotism
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 20, 2018
This is not a place to work and get recognition. The positions are given to best friends, family even if they have no skills. My manager had not IT background whatsoever and it was much harder to explain and make her understand how troubleshooting works.
My employment at PSEG was very rewarding and challenging.
Station Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 19, 2018
PSEG give me the opportunity to display my ability to manage multiple complex priorities. My responsibilities included administrating and verifying the administration of training requirements for qualifying and requalifying over 200 workers at 3 different power plants; while developing training matrices to display and assess their status; while preparing Quarterly Training Meetings for each power plant – Agenda, Material, and Minutes, as well as identifying and verifying completion of identified action items, which were selected based on priority and need; while developing the Control Room Operator Qualification Training Program; while delivering Just-In-Time Training as needed.
No training. Management is very hands off.
Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 13, 2018
The management in the Real Estate and Facility department is clueless. They offered no help, training and never made time if you expressed concerns. I saw my manager less than an hour or two a week. Repeated asking training and for assistance with concerns was brushed off.
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Everything else
Pseg
Staff Intern (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 29, 2018
Great environment and really enjoyed working in that industry. The gas industry is something that i wanted to get in to and it has helped my further my career in finance and accounting.
Great Company
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 26, 2018
I am sorry I left but at the time I felt it was necessary because of the opportunity for advancement. Many legal secretary ended up in management positions within the company.
wouldn't recommend
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 21, 2018
Don't do it. Company culture is not welcoming. Management needs better training. A great deal of office politics, I would avoid at all costs. Try another department or another company all together.
Pros
There's a gym on site.
Cons
Work overload, whatever you do is never enough for management.
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 21, 2018
Not a fun place to work. People and culture is not open. Everyone works on a silo, no teamwork spirit. The work life balance doesn't really exist. The IT department is running very thin with most of the work offshore to India. Leadership is not in sync with their personnel, it is culture driven by a one man decision, that is never to be challenged.
Psegli
Electric Transmission System Operator (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 17, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my day is doing the actual job; facilitating, organizing and expediting the work... Writing switching orders, working the field personnel, and clearing and operating the system. I enjoy my job. Quality of life, especially costs, on Long Island is what is forcing my family to look elsewhere to live.
Pros
flexible shift work
Cons
poor middle management supervisors
Good Company for Stability, Not for dynamic/fast enviornment
Intern, Enterprise Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 14, 2018
Good company to work for as a career option for long term stability, not very exciting or fast moving though. I enjoyed working there as an intern, but was not interested in the line of work or the career path there
Pros
Stable
Cons
Slow, Bureaucratic Managment
amazing place to work
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJMay 7, 2018
If you can not handle long hours and tough criticism than i would not advise you top work here. But you cant beat the staff and coworkers you are teamed up with at PSEG to get every task done, they're wonderful.
Pros
great money
Cons
short breaks, long hours
fun and productive work place with a ping pong table
Assistant Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 29, 2018
i did enjoy working for PSEG and regret leaving, but with management changes and environmental requirements the jobs future wasnt looking very good...
Pros
fleable vacation time
Cons
willing to help you enjoy time off with family
only for a special type of person
Division Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJApril 20, 2018
not an enjoyable job for someone just starting out int he world. co-workers were not friendly at all, felt like high school, constant drama and shade being thrown by co workers
Pros
good pay thats all
Cons
forced overtime, coworkers were out to get you always, constant teasing and ragging, 16 hour days
Technical Analyst - Nuclear Plant Chemist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJApril 14, 2018
It is a hierarchal company with many levels of leadership. It taught me alot and strengthened my analytical skills and interpersonal skills. The hardest part of the job was walking 10 miles to the plant everyday.
Unclear Work Environment
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hancocks Bridge, NJApril 13, 2018
The company is process driven, however no one follows the processes that are in place. Management says one thing, but does another. There are high expectations for work to be done, however it is left to your personal responsibility to get it done, and no one seems to know how to help.
PSEGLI is awesome place to work.
Sr. Programmer Analyst, Siebel Interface (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 28, 2018
It was excellent experience with working with winners at PSEGLI. The work environment was stunning and I wish I got full-time offers there so I could be a great asset for them.
Pros
Good to be around
Cons
No sports club
PSEG Nuclear Maintenance is hard but rewarding
Nuclear Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hancocks Bridge, NJMarch 25, 2018
Each day is a challenge. Supervisors are expected to find ways to accomplish the same or more work with fewer resources.
Multiple managers occasionally provide conflicting directions.
Pros
Job security and benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSEG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight