PSEG

United States383 reviews

PSEG insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Great place and career

Willing to work and put in the hours you will succeed. Great benefits, hourly pay increases and the company cares for your health and safety. Great place to grow and advance

Secure in uncertain times

Although the direction at corporate is questionable. The situation on the ground is different and fulfilling. In a country that is collapsing due to politics and hyperinflation being in a utility gives a sense of security and relief

A once great company.

What was once a great company is now a company who cares more about it's reliability awards than it's employees. They preach safely is their number one goal but will have managers who have never worked a day in the tools tell you what to do while disregarding the same rules that they create to discipline you. Many employees see the writing on the wall and are leaving for other companies who used to be considered inferior. Nothing short of 180 will save this company.

Overall good company to work for

A lot of changes in the power industry translates to learning opportunities. The dept provides trainings and opportunities to try new things. It's a utility so a lot of job security. Good compensation and benefits.

Pros

Job security, comp

Cons

Work life balance

Nothing stands out. Its the worst position I have ever had.

Horrible place to work. Constant training that they use it to threaten you job with. No real day to day management. Didn't have a manager for 4 months. I didn't know about all the training that had to be completer over the first year.

Pros

Cons

No management.

Good company

Fair pay with great work life balance. Good opportunity to build your career.Hardly any layoff. Job stability is good.I love working for this employer.

Cons

Hard to get promotion.

Great company to work for. Must put time in to advance. great pay/benefits. OT

Great company to work for. Must put time in to advance. great pay/benefits. OT available. drive company car. use company tools to do your job. learn about electric service. help with emergency restoration during storms.

Great career

I worked at PSEG for over 10 years. Great career, great pay, great benefits. Training was ok. There are slow, boring shifts sometimes and some high stress, fast paced shifts.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Some of the best people I ever worked with. The company always tried to keep people at the core of their policies, but it is a business that accountable to its share holders first.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Company bureaucrats are your typical executives not the nicest people.

Please don’t apply here

Great stepping stone and resume builder nothing more. Upper management doesn’t care about you and they work you so hard you don’t have time to increase the skills you want to improve.

Good money

good money set hours. no overtime. I had about 4 different managers in a 2 year period but they were all fine. Not sure what was going on there. Overall good experience

Great coworkers and managers. Great company to work for and learn. A lot of opportunities as well.

A boring workplace but with a stable and usually low stress environment

A boring workplace but with a stable and usually low stress environment. I worked at the salem nuclear plant so it was a much different culture than the rest of the company.

Yup yup yuppers

Yuppers Oakland raiders game when you come home and take universal temperature Yellowstone season most people have been there since we were in the same

Pros

Going home

Cons

Getting to work

Always working overtime never letting you come home but the supervisors did all the time called supervisors privilege

Working there really drains you ,cold weather worrying about passing tests not enough people for job . Never having the fight tools to perform your job

Pros

Working there is not good

Cons

Supervisors did not know job hired super from collections for gas business, operations no knowledge of gas industry put people’s life in danger

It’s fine

PSEG was an alright place to work. Decent pay. Couldn’t seem to get another job within i the company so I left. Need to know somebody to move up. Too bad.

Easy going and fun at work

Love my job and it makes it easy with good conworkers Love being at work not that hard of a job only on rainy days and snow days it’s a little problem

Great company to work for. Many advancement opportunities.

Great company to work for. Advancement opportunities. Company offers many benefits. I have not had any bad experiences working for PSEG. It is a great job if you are looking for a career.

Company has great pay and good benefits. Opportunities for promotion are good. Internal communication between departments could be better but overall a good place to work.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Lots of technical issues working remotely.

Good job

I enjoyed my job, I did data entry. It is a good company to work for. Benefits, vacation and sick time were all good. I worked a lot of overtime which was also good

Benefits

Cons

Hours

The utility model creates dysfunctional managers

The utility model is one where public funds are thrown at the utility and success is defined as spending the money with nothing left over. Due to this, the compensation is very good. However, the responsibility to perform is not there. There are no consequences for mismanagement and waste. Because of this, you have managers who have spent their entire working life in this alternate reality and are completely out of touch with how business is run. Change is anathema and mediocrity is what they strive for. The environment is dog eat dog. If you want excellent pay with very little actual production or responsibility, this utility is for you. It is possible to survive if you keep your head down. If you have self-respect, eventually you will leave.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Poor management. Hostile work environment. Waste of public funds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSEG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight