PSEG Employee Reviews

great place to work
SENIOR HR SPECIALIST, TALENT ACQUISTION-Contractor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Going through a tremendously exciting time of growth and transformation. Great leadership, a caring and supporting community of co-workers, and a great product. Complete flexibility about where and how you work as long as you deliver. We do walk the talk--we're a Certified Great Workplace and are getting better every year.
Slow but enjoyable
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Slow paced but the people that work there are great. Learned a lot every day. Everyone was there to help you if you needed it. Lots of room to work your way up.
Constant work
PSEG Safety Watcher (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 25, 2019
Work is always available but at time on short notice lots of traveling is required. At times don't know how long that you will be working for that day.
FFD Temporary Outage Collector (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJanuary 21, 2019
Very cooperative with beginners. Always willing to educate. Position was very helpful in terms of helping me jump start my career in the medical field.
Tough place to work at
Mechanical Design Co-op (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJJanuary 16, 2019
The work is standard for Nuclear facilities. There is a lot of paper work that needs to be completed and due to the location the moral can get a little low.
Union Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Union doesn’t fight for you well but you are on probation for a year you can’t miss at all. They don’t work with you when it comes to emergency. You are expected to be at work they tell you to work.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Can’t miss a day
Pseg is a good job
Journey lineman (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NJDecember 23, 2018
I like the job but would like to make more money and move around .. we work 4-10 hr days with a lot of overtime do we go 13-14 hr days on week day Monday thru Thursday and Friday Saturday is all 1.5xs pay and Sunday Is 2x’s pay its a lot of work but that how we get to make more money ..base is 109kn
Pros
Guys are great
Cons
Not enough money
8 Years pseg power
Mechanical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 8, 2018
Great benefits and salary with possibilities to promote.
It is a power company so pending the position working conditions could be difficult. Also keep in mind the power always need to be on so you can assume that pending the position it will be demanding.
Pros
Great benefits, salaries, learning experience
Cons
Demanding!
pool table
customer service rep/supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJDecember 4, 2018
a typical day would be a non stop calls coming in I learned a lot of different people who call in about their issues. management is not the same there its like boot camp the culture is a good place to work various people work there. the hardest part of the job is not to make any mistakes with the customers and be polite and the most enjoyable part is the different people u speak to on the phone and also who u work with
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
stable work environment
Meter Reader (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYDecember 3, 2018
This has been a stable job for me for the past 27 years. There is room for advancement, paid vacation and sick time. The work environment is comfortable and friendly. Management is always on top of educating and enlightening the employees in work environment safety and ethics.
good
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 11, 2018
as a safety specialist the days were 40 hours with overtime. Boring days but good pay for the work it is an outside job so the weather is rough sometimes but overall not a bad job
Pros
good pay
Cons
boring day
Great Company with excellent benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJOctober 24, 2018
Union Jobs that follow the usual Seniority mantra. If you hang in there long enough it will be worth it. Lots of overtime offered in addition to a great health plan and pension.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
SETTLEMENT OFFICER, PSE&G (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJOctober 11, 2018
I strongly believe that I had a great opportunity to work with PSEG. It was a very pleasant place to work at.They rarely hire full time permanent work They use mostly contractors so that's how come I stated it was a great opportunity to get the experience to work with them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Short breaks
na
Legal Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 8, 2018
all the below are taking very seriously Management, Job Culture, Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement. amazing place to work
Great
Fire Protection Operator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJSeptember 17, 2018
Good place to work but hard to get in perm because you have to pass a test. They should get rid of it. Because you are book smart doesn't mean you are a good worker.
Great Job!
CUSTOMER SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Highly disciplined environment--great job security. Training was very intense--very, very intense! However, the instructors were extremely knowledgeable, helpful and attentive. Varying combinations of work shifts available.
Pros
Job Security. Plenty of Overtime. Highly attentive management.
Cons
Short breaks.
Workplace has dedicated hard-working staff and managers.
Portfolio Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYSeptember 13, 2018
A typical day involves both planned and unplanned acitvities.
I learned to improve my multi-tasking abilities.
Management is always looking to improve processes.
Workplace culture is to meet deadlines.
The hardest part of the job is handling assignments from multiple groups having the same deadline.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning technologies.
Not happy
Lead Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Hancocks Bridge, NJSeptember 11, 2018
Not much to say here. I would prefer to work in an industry that I am happy to support. I am not a novelist, so I have to fill the rest of this with padding
Pros
Steady work
Cons
you have no control over your future.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2018
Overall I would have to say that the company has been enjoyable to work for. However, working in the IT department does have its drawbacks. There are many times where we work 7 days a week for months on end.
As a Temp/Contractor
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 6, 2018
I liked the environment. The company has great opportunities, resources, and educational courses. The environment is great but I think it still lacks more of a team atmosphere and not so divided.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSEG. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight