PSEG
73Above average

PSEG Employee Reviews

United States338 reviews
Good company to work for.
Pay is really good.

You can make a lot of money in a very short time. Twelve hour shifts do take up a good amount of your time. Forced overtime is always looming
Great place to work and advance if you are ambitious and dedicated. OT if you want it. Company is very willing to advance your education, and place you where you can be the most value in a position most suited to your background and/ or train you in a position that you are interested in.
Pros
A great long term career of you want it
Cons
N/a
Nuclear Security covers all aspects of nuclear knowledge and security strategies and procedures. Safety of the general public and special plant equipment is priority at PSEG nuclear.
I was able to intern with this company from my senior year of high school as a high school intern all the way into my junior year of college. I would come back to work full time into this company in a heartbeat. I didn't get to experience half of the benefits being that I was seasonal, but the time I was working I felt secure in my position,
not a great atmosphere to work in, regular associates really looked down upon temp workers. not a very diverse group of employees either. witnessed and overheard racial behavior.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
great place to work. managers and co-workers very well trained in areas of expertise. Only bad part was the commute on PATH and lousy cafeteria food. Good selection of food on the street
This was a contract Technical Writer position with some unusual aspects. These included a "group review" of all documentation created, with some of the SMEs being very helpful, and some of them only participating because management insisted on it.
It was fun at times, and I learned a great deal while working at PSEG. The culture at PSEG is very relaxed and slow-paced. You are trained very well while at PSEG.
We take care of customer needs everyday. We are a walk in payment center that we also discuss customer billing and make payment arrangements if qualify. I have multiple experience of billing, correcting bills, analyzing any problems. Management is helpful in any problems that occur. The hardest part of the job is getting a customer that is irrate. You learn how to calm them.
Benefits are great but you can expect long hours at times. Focus is on getting good surveys scores for company but not always given tools needed to accomplish this.
I had a favorable experience working with PSEG LI during my summer internship. I was the youngest person working for the company at the time, but they welcomed me with open arms. In addition to this being my first corporate job, PSEG made the transition/training process fairly easy.
You could be star caliber employee for 10 years and then make one mistake and its like all that past success means nothing. They will throw you under the bus whenever possible.
Minorities do not receive fair treatment and are only hired to meet the diversity initiatives and then treated unfairly. HR spearheads this mentality as the Directors follow the directions of the Sr Leaders. If you are a minority, please do not expect to grow in your role. However, please expect to be overworked, under paid and bullied.
Supporting two distinct organizations always being pulled in different directions. Often flavor of the day approaches to management. Rotational senior level management program had staff jumping through new hoops constantly with significant loss of productivity at times.
My experience at PSEG was very dynamic. I was apart of the internship program and wasn't quite sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised because the corporate atmosphere can sometimes take away from an experience but I still felt welcomed, valued, and respected as if I was a full-time employee. Through the internship (and due to the nature of my job title itself), I had the amazing opportunity to meet many different people as I traveled all over the island- I was also reimbursed for any extra travel expenses. I believe I left a good impression with lots of employees, whom have become excellent networking connections.

Through the internship program, I had the opportunity to voluntarily participate in classes regarding professional development, car care/health and safety, and the management of different subsections of the company (substation, overhead, underground). It was a nice break in the middle of my day where i could mingle with fellow interns and talk to managers in the field. Plus I learned A LOT about the company!! There are also volunteer opportunities fi you were interested.

Overall, I would do this again and I would highly recommend it to other students.
I enjoyed working at PSE&G because it is a safety customer satisfying position. I love the challenge of making a customers emergency repair in a efficient manner. The satisfaction of the smile and customer appreciation is overwhelming. You can go home knowing you safely and effectively helped the customer and management.
Working for PSEG has been a great experience. I've learned a lot about our gas systems structure an how it all works from the main gas line to the house.
The daily work are base in the contract requirements. I learned how the works the Contracts works for this king of company. During my contract no Compensations / Benefits and Job Security are not available. It's a Contract position.
Professional company. Like any other company. Worked in Information Technology. Work with usual IT teams - Dev, BA, QA. Have to be familiar with usual software tools.
As an energy company, PSEG has a captive customer and a unchanging produce to deliver. This has led the company to focus on safety and consistency instead of innovation and growth. The employees at PSEG tend to be long-tenured. There is a "command and control" leadership style at the company. Business units work within silos and there is low collaboration between teams. Women and people of color tend to leave the company at disproportionate rates than others at the company. This is also true for people how are at the company for five years or less. Most of the retention issues stem from a toxic culture that doesn't value new ideas and diversity of thought.

On a good note, the company pays well compared to other utility comapnies and other companies headquartered in the north east USA.
As an intern workers at all the locations were willing to help me and wanted to advance my knowledge. A great part of the internship was that the company sets up activities to attend. This helped me get a better understanding of what the company does, what each position is responsible for and gave me an opportunity to interact with the other intern.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSEG. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.4Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight