PSS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very fast and boring.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJuly 30, 2018
This job sucks! The pay is terrible and everyone is related to each other. You can't even say hello to someone without worrying about losing your job! Worst job I've ever had. Literally!!!!
Pros
Hours were great and allowed to make a up hours if sick.
Cons
Not enough work at times. Pay is terrible and building is freezing.
Start up
Lead, SimonMed Imaging (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
It was a good place to work at and easy to move up. Friendly environment, a lot of sitting and very phone and computer demanding. Fast work environment, trial by fire with a sink or swim mentality.
Fun Place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2018
Was a great place when it was open, they sold to McKesson. The people was great to work with. wish they did not sell this would have been a great company
Stressful work environment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMarch 11, 2018
No support system and constantly rushed. I would not recommend anyone to work as a patient service specialist. Managers only care about themselves and will lie to cover themselves.
Pros
When I left
Cons
The job itself
Pss
Arcadia (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEFebruary 24, 2018
I was a PSS for many companies. The job is alot of work, the pay is always terrible, and I always enjoy the clients as well as other Caregivers. I love helping others.
Fast pace and flexible
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 15, 2018
AS a member of pss i can say that they care about their employees. A typical day at pss is very quiet and is a fast pacing enviroment. I work alone and transcribe products and warranties all day. I work side by side with individuals of different races and different ages. They by no means discriminate against nobody. Everyone at PSS is very respectful and polite. What i have learned while working at PSS is team work is everything; everyone working together as one is the only way everything will get accomplished and we'll continue to meet our quotas.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks
It was not what I expected.
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 13, 2017
Hours could be a bit challenging if your used to working 40-8am to 5pm.
Security was tight and learned that you need to remember your cards when going to work. Hardest part was trying to keep up with the requests and constant need for support. It was very stressful at times and make sure you are always on time. Punctuality was very important.
I enjoyed being with people that worked together, but they had there own job and did not respond to help when you need help with yours as well as I thought they should, especially when first starting. The requirements of just stating and documentation is a bit overwhelming but due to the circumstances it's understandable. Extremely high paced work and always need to stay on top of what is going on. Keep up with your education in this area.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Very demanding
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nolensville, TNOctober 11, 2017
They will bring you in and throw you into work without training. The owner will talk down to you. You will get privileges taken away if you don't tell when you go to the bathroom and when you get back.
Pros
You can be yourself.
Cons
no sick pay
Employees are great to work with, as well as some patients. The management as far as supporting this halfway house is poor.
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAJuly 24, 2017
Poor supervision/supervisor support and honesty/poor management. The patients do not get proper supervision during the day, as the supervisor is usually gone.
It was a work from home assignment
Research Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 19, 2017
I worked with them on a short term assignment and was a consultant only. During that time I felt that there could have been better communication and transparency between the CEO who hired me.
Nice venues to work
Door Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, OHMarch 31, 2017
Good company to work with
Not plenty of hours tough so for part time work it is ideal.
Some venues are good some not that good
If you like working nights they have the best doors in london
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
No holiday pay
Hard working but still a young company
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Class A boilermakerFebruary 23, 2017
Owners and higher ups are very knowledgeable about what needs to be done to get the job done. They also insure that the job is done correctly before any person leaves the site.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Country wide jobsites\ travel far distances
Home Care for Maine
Personal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MEJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day was helping clients to live productive and fulfilling lives. I was responsible for making sure personal care was done. That any house work was done. The very best part of working in home care was being able to spent dedicated time with each client. I never knew my management and never had any troubles helping to meet the needs of any of my clients
Pros
having dedicated time for each client
Cons
not knowing any other co workers
Details
Florida Cancer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FL 34711December 16, 2016
Fast pace, multitasking, very detailed job. Must love to help and work with people. Great Doctors, management is decent . the hardest part of the job is watching how sick the patients can become but being able to help them is the perk.
Fun enviornment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
I enjoyed the culture, they try hard to keep associates happy and engaged. tech learning tools were readily available just bring a great attitude and you'll be successful.
Pros
Loved job!
Cons
Metrics
Difficult, yet fun
East Coast Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2016
Many opportunities including traveling and meeting new people. Get to go to great places all over the country and make connections with multiple different stores and store owners.
great pay great per diem
Boiler maker (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJune 15, 2016
12 hour shift. tool room was kinda messy and organized so it took a minute to get the tools needed to start the task. after that though the rest of the day was pretty smooth. they had gatorade and water for us throughout the plant. with 2 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
Fast paced and good work
Assembly Worker, Inspector and Machine loader (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VANovember 13, 2015
A typical day was standing on your feet for 10 hours standing in the same spot for two until break.
I learned how to inspect and clean magnets i learned how to disassemble printers and allot of different factory work.
I enjoyed all my co workers and managers there.
The hardest part is when i first got the job was getting used to doing the same thing for 10 hours straight.
I enjoyed the fast paced the most about the job most people didnt care for it but i loved it, I felt like it made the night go by faster.
Pros
good pay steady work and a bonus ever week
Cons
its a little repetitive
It was retail
Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2015
Typical day was coming in to an understaffed building, trying to reach sales numbers while trying to deal with persistent management. Co-workers tried to help when the department was overwhelmed but hardly could make it.
Pros
Cool people, good discount
Cons
staffing levels.
This was a very short chapter in my life
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 30, 2015
I am sure there was good reason for my short time here, but it has been so many years that I hesitate to comment. My move into the Beacon System has proven to be a good one.