PsyGenics

PsyGenics insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Intake and Support Coordination

As an Intake Coordinator I process any and all new incoming clients that have Medicaid. They are usually set through the county and you call the parents to remind them of the appointment and make sure the day and time is still alright with them. Hardest part of doing intake is sometimes parents will not answer the calls after the intake or will not answer the call for the intake. The best part of being an Intake Coordinator is getting families set up with the services they need. As a Support Coordinator I check in with parents twice a month to see how services are going and implement new ones or take away any services they do not want or need anymore. If needed you send out engagement letters to parents who did not answer calls after trying to make contact with them three times over a month. The most difficult part of Support Coordination is keeping in contact with families because they either do not answer the call or phone services run out and they get new numbers without being able to tell you. The best of part of Support Coordination is being able to know you are helping the families with getting the services they need.

R U N - you’ve been warned

I’m fairly new but can already tell this place is a sinking ship. No reliable managment or co workers to turn to. Turn over is so high, no one knows what’s going on. In the past few months, two supervisors resigned and the new internal hire for management turned down the position after being hired in. They decided to expand their contract into Macomb County when we can’t staff of support our current clientele. They dont care about clients or staff. It’s all about profit. They will eat you alive. They also completely lie about the job role. Take the posting that includes responsibilities with a grain of salt. They will make you responsible for so much more than advertised.

Pros

Clean office

Official response from PsyGenics

March 14, 2022
Dear reviewer,We welcome your feedback so that we can continue to grow and improve. Our supports coordinators have one of the toughest jobs around and we know the work is not for the faint of heart. We endeavor daily to ensure the most vulnerable children and families we serve receive the best resources and services available. Through the midst of this pandemic and the ensuring national staffing crisis, our staff have stepped up and made us proud to ensure services continue to those who need us most. We strongly encourage our team members to have an open dialog with their supervisor to ensure training is received, tools are provided, and support is available. We know each staff is unique and we want to tailor our support to meet their needs. There is always an open door and no wrong door. We encourage connection with all levels of leadership including the Chief Clinical Officer to ensure transparency and clear expectations. PsyGenics is a proving ground and a launching pad. We expect turnover not because of the work, but because of the training and skills our staff learn make them invaluable to the community at large. Those who leave often thank us for the support and knowledge gained in the compassionate, quality care of others. This is true for those who have recently ventured out into new opportunities. Reviewer, we encourage you to reach out so that we may provide you with what you need to be successful. People always come first and that includes our staff. PsyGenics, Inc.

Friendly staff and management. Enjoyable workplace. Overall it is a satisfying career.

PsyGenics is a fun environment. You can tell management cares about the consumers. The company support work-home balance with partial remote during pandemic. Flexible scheduling. Awesome management. Able to regularly get help when needed.

Pros

Bonuses, Pto, retirement plan, insurance, aflac, flexible scheduling

Cons

Unpaid lunch break, no annual raises, quickly changing flow of work

Run far away!

Constant turnover so everyone is recent graduates. We're given a case on day 2 without training, management cares about the money only, productivity and when you're called into the office they mentally abuse you. They are unethical, fruadulant and will pull out all stops to make money. You'll learn a lot because they give you a case load of 100+ on your 3rd day and case management is hard without training. The reviews are positive but, the agency requested employees to fill it out for a free lunch. It's not the truth or the current way the agency is.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Abuse, high case load, turnover and management

Learning Experience

Working at PsyGenics was a learning experience. The staff are hard workers. The population served was a pressure to work with. It is a fast pace job with a lot of changes. It's a great starter job for someone in the field of social work. The agency offers a lot of training opportunities.

Supports Coordinator

I've been with PsyGenics a year. There are ongoing changes and adaptation to policies etc, however, management is flexible and provides guidance to ensure a smooth transition regarding changes. I am supported by my site clinical supervisor. PsyGenics is a warm, inviting company; I have good colleagues and the families are nice as well. Overall, I am content and satisfied with my position. In the future, I would like to see the company continue to grow in services and offer more social work positions. My only suggestion at the moment is to offer flexible scheduling options, more paid holidays, and more incentives to maintain/boost morale.

Working Here:

The amount of support you will receive from both staff and management is awesome, this is the best part of the job. The amount of work/tasks you have is the hardest part of the job. Please have a good organizational plan and be able to multi-task constantly! Also, proactivity is the hardest part to maintain. You will be working from the time you start till the time you end. Trust me you will not be bored. The pay is in the middle, benefits, and PTO could be better to allow for sick days, etc.

Company Review

I overall enjoy working here because of the consumers, my love of the profession, and my co-workers. That being said, the work environment causes some challenges as the schedule is rigid and manufactured for 8 hours of billing rather than time to treatment plan and document. So in order to plan or document, you have to work at home, get to work early, or leave late. Direction is unclear for employee orders of operation as there were not written directions. Some employees receive different information than others causing confusion. Mid-range salary with good benefits for health insurance and PTO.

Challenging but worth it

I appreciate the multi-disciplinary approach of PsyGenics. As a supports coordinator, I enjoy collaborating with our speech therapists, occupational therapists, and psychologist to support our consumers as best as possible. The high caseloads can be demanding and there are firm productivity standards to meet (which is not unusual for this type of work/position). Despite the challenges, it is rewarding and purposeful work overall.

Friendly place to work.

PsyGenic's is a nice place to work, I enjoy working with my coworkers. I have learned how to be a good social worker and how to effectively help my consumer's.

Support Coordinator Point of View

A typical day as a support coordinator at PsyGenics can be pretty overwhelming. The key to be a good support coordinator is to keep organized, get to know your consumers on a more personal level, and ask questions. The caseloads can be a bit high and impossible to make contact with all the consumers at times. The best part of being a support coordinator is getting see and hear about how well the consumers are doing and the improvements they have had in a short timespan. Through my experiences as being a support coordinator I have grown as a social worker and as a person and have learned many different life lessons.

Motivation

Psygenics has motivation to help and a team that strives to do their best. Consumers and their parents appreciate all that the Psygenics team does. Psygenics as empowered me to be the best that I can be.

Environment

The environment is Fast paced you work from the minute you enter until you leave. There is no room to socialize with coworkers and build strong connections because you are focused on working all the time and meeting productivity, The company is very numbers driven and if you don't meet your productivity you will be reprimanded for it regardless of the reason.

Support Coordinator

The role of a Support Coordinator consists of working with a caseload of people in the developmentally disabled population who are in need of services including but not limited to, speech, occupational, and ABA therapies. This position helps you get introduced to all things community mental health. The hardest part about the job is that things are always changing so the job requires constant learning and training.

Enjoyable career

I love what I do at Psygenics and our work here is truly rewarding. I am able to have a good work/life balance and typically enjoy going to work each day. There are occasional stressors, but this is true of any workplace. Overall, I enjoy my job and the pros of working here definitely outweigh what few cons there are.

Good work environment

Psygenics is a fast-paced work environment. The productivity requirement, daily paperwork, and caseloads are demanding but reasonable compared to similar workplaces. The benefits are great and it is a very rewarding population to service.

Great place to work!

PsyGenics provides a warm and welcoming environment for families and individuals with developmental disabilities to receive the assistance, guidance, and support that they need. The company provides a multi-discipline team, which encourages collaboration and provides a better treatment experience for consumers and their families.

Rewarding Experience

Providing services through PsyGenics is very rewarding. The pay is competitive for my position compared to other employers and the population we serve is special. I feel that the services we provide is meaningful. Just as with any job, it can be stressful at times. However, I feel supported in my position and have had positive experiences with my supervisors. I have grown as a professional in this position and I truly care about the people we provide services for.

n/a

PsyGenics provides therapy to a diverse population. Therapist take on caseloads of 60-65 individuals, seeing 10-14 per day. Pay is fair but prepare for a strenuous day and high job expectations. Small bonuses are awarded for productivity. Time management skills are a must.

Give it Time...

Pro: Since I've started working here a little over a year ago, I have learned a lot about my self worth, what I am capable of achieving, and where I need to improve on my weaknesses. I am motivated to set goals for myself and encouraged to achieve them which in turn will help me become a better person overall. I am shown appreciation by my supervisor, HR and peers and given support by everyone when and where ever needed. My pay is fair for my position. The work load can be much at times but I just take it day by day because that is all I can do. Con: There are serious inconsistencies with properly training the employees for their positions, keeping up with DWIHN policies and procedures and implementing their own policies and procedures within the company. Not to mention adhering to said policies and procedures. They have high expectations for their employees but don't provide the proper training and assistance to help them be successful at their jobs. Most of the time it is the blind leading the blind. Then they harp on you about your productivity being low. Some employees at PsyGenics can be defiant, condescending, snarky and make working with them difficult to deal with. Upper Management can be a bit clueless. At least that is how they come off. The marketing team needs to be revamped or replaced. There is so much more that they could do to get the company's name out there.

Confusion

I've learned how to be successful on my own as I do not feel I have the support from my superiors. Communication is poor and we are often left to figure things out on our own.

Official response from PsyGenics

January 20, 2021
Thank you for sharing this with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our desire to improve is constant. Please feel free to reach out to any member of the management team for guidance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PsyGenics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about PsyGenics in popular locations

• PsyGenics