PTC Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Line Worker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lima, OHMarch 29, 2019
The place was good money and hours but it was through a temp service so does not have guaranteed work. I would go back and work for then anytime or any day.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Temp service
Great sales culture, career advancement and earnings
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 11, 2019
In 1992 PTC's technology was 3 to 5 years ahead of any competitor with sales management that knew how to drive success.

After 8 years of exceeding Quota/Presidents club and adding 132 new Engineering and Manufacturing customers I moved to help PTC grow from being the leader in Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing software to Windchill Data Management.
Pros
Sales culture, earnings and career growth
Cons
PTC's customer base was negatively impacted by group of startups focused on ease of use
Ptc is great company to work with
Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAFebruary 27, 2019
I have been ptc for ovet 9 years. It was very good experience there. Work and life balance. Coworkers and manager are great. Just salary is a little bit lower.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary a little low
Excellent place to work
Senior Vice President & Corporate Controller (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 18, 2019
I expanded my career tremendously in my 10 years at PTC. My time at PTC included a 2 year assignment in Europe as Financial Director and I found working in the field very educational. PTC is a great company that continues to expand and grow today.
lots of my friendswork at PTC
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 14, 2018
PTC is a great company which uses most advance technologies, and encourages employees to learn and develop new staff.
It is definitely one of the most advanced Software as a Service company
Pros
free lunches and snaks, tuitions books
Good place to work, kind of.
Education Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Work from homeDecember 4, 2018
If you can get a position that allows working from home it’s not a bad place to work. But you do need to beware of constant organizational challenges and the layoffs that always happen afterwards.
Just a typical factor job
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHDecember 4, 2018
I'm looking to be outside and not in a factory and enjoy work while I work ptc really isnt something i enjoyed but paid well i was let go and not told why i really have been wanting to work for awp for so long it was my dream job i would love another chance to work for awp
Pros
Not too cold inside
Cons
Nothing is really oganized
fun place to start out of college
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 2, 2018
A good place for your first job out of college. Good work environment. it can be overwhelming and stressful at times. Most colleagues are nice and willing to help.
Pros
Plenty of PTO
Cons
Compensation
Constant layoffs ruin any good aspects of the company
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2018
Management has no answer to any company issue besides a massive layoff. Good people. Cutting edge technology. Okay benefits. But the constant layoffs ruin it all. No respect for longevity or loyalty,
No Job Security
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 15, 2018
You're always wondering if you have a job at the end of the year and endless shocks as someones head is chopped.

There is opportunity to succeed but you really have to brown nose yourself to get ahead.

Open access to everyone but still this weird sense of being closed off and not really able to get support.

HR is pretty good at supporting you.
Pros
Work from home available
Cons
Job Security
Lack of transparency
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2018
PTC paid well but did not offer opportunity for advancement unless you were located in the main office.
We were an acquisition and they spent the 5 years I was there downsizing the local office to the point they closed its doors.
We spent many years building customer loyalty and their main purpose was to move those customer to their own product while the customers stated they did not want to use it but were forced to move off of our products due to lack of quality support.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of honest communications
Productive, but stressful
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 13, 2018
Lead ops mess around too much, one guy usually sits on the forklift while a lot of workers need help, I used to take parts to an older lady because the lead op on the press side was outside taking her 5th break, I felt bad for a lot of older people they’d be stuck at a press while everyone’s outside or hiding in the warehouse where there isn’t cameras.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Nobody takes this job seriously, older people left without help, lots of unknown and unreported injuries at work that I’ve seen
Management provide no guidance
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2018
PTC did not provide any training that was beneficial or helpful in managing stakeholders and many times they just threw stuff at you and said take care of it and then were upset that you did not know what they expected.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No support
Best Company I Have Ever Worked For
Resource Manager, Enterprise Consulting Partners (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAOctober 25, 2018
PTC is a fantastic company and is consistently ranked one fo the best companies to work for in Boston. They place is fantastic and highly recommended. Great product, great people, great company.
Precision Thermoplastic Components
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 23, 2018
loved working there. great environment, family owned facility. Easy work field.I had the pleasure of working with good people. loved the product they made.
Drivers
Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Pilot Mountain, NCOctober 21, 2018
Its alright. It's ok. Just trying to make money everyday.working long hours trying to get bye but what really happens is you work till you die.........
Pros
Hometime
Cons
Other employees
Long
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHOctober 17, 2018
Slow nothing ireally didn't learn anything working there the hardest part of the job was if they were going to need you that day one day they may need you and the next they may not
Cutting Edge Employer
Supervisor, Accounts Receivable/Credit (Former Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 17, 2018
Great work life balance with a focus on growth at this company. Went through some tech collapse issues but has grown revenue and now a major player in the CAD/MCAD space
The best work environment
Junior Designer (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAAugust 17, 2018
PTC is by far the most pleasurable place to work at. Everyone is very friendly. The team is extremely collaborative and agile which is essential in a successful outcome.
PTC Officer
PTC officer bilingual poll worker (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 16, 2018
I worked as bilingual at a poll voting site for election party for the County of Riverside County California for the Government for the city of Indio area.