PTG Logistics Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tablei pr
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2018
My company is very less pay its not free to work and pay .some times it's not full time job all time go home especially after new year every day after 3 hour some employees send go home .this is not good
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Short break
Never thought I would have been laid off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 9, 2018
Very disappointed I was planning on retiring at this jobNever was told I was being laid off had to keep calling to find out then went into the office I was told Dan
Pros
Good Yard dog job
Cons
Don’t leave a Nother job for this job
Great people to work with
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, FKApril 8, 2018
I really liked working here except for having to get up at a different time each day depending on where you had to go for your delivery. And no tobacco of any kind and no talking on cell phones even with a headset. Their camera is what caused me to lose my job. Great miles and great pay
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAMarch 27, 2018
Ware House runs, Dispatch and Manage drivers. Home every night and off every weekend. PTG is a family oriented company. The manager I worked for would bend over backwards to support his employees.
lousy place to work
Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 3, 2018
weekends required but if the day guy doesnt do weekends its up to you.worked there 10 months and only missed 4 weekends in that time due to day guy didnt do weekends.if the shipper likes no problem if they dont your out the door. lousy equipment it took me 7 months to get tires put on yard truck ran on slicks till then.
Former truck driver
truck driver/yard jockey (Former Employee) –  N Springfield, VTJanuary 7, 2018
Delivered to Home Depot. Easy work but long hours with no pay raises. $17 per hour is all you get no matter how long you stayed there. Management seemed lost. Then they lost the contrast.
Pros
Did have a job. Dedicated customer
Cons
Management. Pay. Benefits.
Not Good
Vice President of Safety (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Company is in $ problems due to lack of for site. If they continue to operate they that they are right now, they won't be around much longer.........
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
good pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 23, 2017
the pay is good but will fire you for talking on Bluetooth device if seen, there was work sun, rain or snow, trucks were in good shape and up to date along with the trailers.
Pros
good pay, nice trucks
Cons
camera's in trucks, complains alot about small things
Very Poor Sr. Logistics manager
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 25, 2017
The senior logistics manager who oversees the Midwest Region (Cincinnati) is an incredibly poor manager. He is the extreme of a micro-manager and constantly intervenes into the Cincinnati accounts while accepting none of the responsibility for incidents when they occur. He is constantly delaying his projects and interferes into the Cincinnati managers business. One driver wrecked his tractor twice in 9 days causing thousands off dollars in damage to the vehicle and when the safety department said to terminate the driver the senior logistics manager intervened and kept the driver after he had been fired by the local manager.

Be very wary as long as this individual (BB) is working for this company, he has the ear of the company President who is "blind" to his indiscretions. Drivers use abusive language toward the area manager and receive no disciplinary action because this Senior Logistics Manager is friends with several of these individual's.

The training you receive is incredibly poor as well, you will spend months learning how to complete the daily activities due to the lack of training and micro-management of that manager.
Pros
Great environment to work in with the corporate office
Cons
Incredibly poor Senior Logistics Manager
Good busy working environment
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2017
Busy working environment that required attention to detail at all times. Great communication and awesome team members. Increasing warehouse employees would help with back logs.
Productive and fast-paced work enviornment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
An typical day at PTG Logistics in uniform, all task are to be repeated everyday as a routine. I learned being apart of the PTG staff that safety in the workplace is important and prevents accidents everyday. Their very strict on safety procedures and safety in the most important thing in their workplace.
Good job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 30, 2017
It was a good job. Depending on what you do there. I can only speak for a drivers helper. Basically drive to the stores and unload. Go to the next store. Repeat.
People are nice but that's it !
Packaging and Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Some of the people in this company are very nice but others have no business dealing with people! You are to work 12 hours a day, you get 30 minutes to eat, 2 fifteen minute breaks the whole day! You sometimes work 7 days a week. Other times , they tell you to go home after working 3 hours, stating they have no work. They do this until everyone has to apply for unemployment! No benefits of any kind! You're not allowed to work part time, but they can send you home every morning after only working 3 hours! It's a horrible situation. People cannot pay their bills on this kind of activity. People are having to stand on their feet for 12 hours every day and being treated like animals.
No raise
Phone Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DE 19973April 20, 2017
Lost contract,no raisenot a good company will never work for the.
everyone evaluation was a 0 so they did not half to give raises health care plan is poor no 41k the whole company sucks no room for growth I strongly suggest no one to work there
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fast Paced
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEApril 16, 2017
I am currently working at PTG Logistics and I must say that it is a fast paced sometimes stressful job, but I wouldn't change it. I enjoy working with upper management and my employees.
Phone Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DEFebruary 27, 2017
PTG is a simple job. I answer phones and schedule deliveries resolve issues with deliveries with customers as well as talk to the drivers if there are any issues.
Pros
Not too much movement although I like to stay on the go
Cons
It can get very hectic at times
Poor executive leadership
sales (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 30, 2016
PTG Logistics is a small, poorly run transportation company in Mason, OH. While that is the "home office", the leadership resides in other cities and states, hence - the corporation is rudderless. The office culture is putrid with all of the ladies gossiping about everyone. It was truly NOT a pleasant place to work, not to mention the fact that they had four accidents in 6 months. Surprised they are still in business.
Pros
I really can't think of any good things about working there.
Cons
Poor executive leadership, vile office culture and safety problems
i will never work there again
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168July 28, 2016
It's not a good places to work they are unorganized, they don't have a management team and they like to down talk to they co-wokers like we dont know what we are doing
current employee at kirkwood, ny
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYJune 9, 2016
all of our trucks are brand new except for 2. one volvo and one international. However they are safe to operate. 90 percent of our units are automatics. Our trailers are also brand new. If you have any issues wheither with your unit or whatever it is, management gets on it asap. other than having to be up very early in the morning, the job isnt bad. Also, absolutely NO SPEEDING. THE SPEED LIMIT IS YOUR LIMIT.
Pros
Assigned tractor, brand new unit
Cons
no company contribution to 401k or retirement. 401k is 100% employee contribution
Operations Manager
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 14, 2016
This position is a multi-faceted fast paced position that requires patience, adaptability, and dedication.

Dedicated management is client focused and driven. Each dedicated manager is housed out of the clients office and works closely with management in order to complete the necessary tasks for each client. My particular scope was for 4 different locations.
Pros
Freedom to work independently
Cons
Dedicated to customer (not a con) with limited corporate support