PTR Baler and Compactor Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2018
fast paced line work with all sorts of balers and compactors to fabricate and repair. management is ok with the exception of one or two but overall a great place to work.
Good Facility
Production Welder (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 21, 2018
I started at PTR in 2017 as a Laborer at the FL facility. I worked my way up to a Production Welder. Pay is good, benefits are good. They have a referral program which was beneficial to me. They gave me a week of vacation after 90 days. Over all, I plan on stay at this company for the next few years.
Pros
Managment, Work Life Balance, Over Time
No leadership Worth talking about
Welder (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2018
Bad leadership pay is low and if you have any experience don't apply here they just use you I am currently looking for work and have been here for almost 90 days and they have lost at least 10 people since the beginning of the year I don't recommend the fl location
fun place to work
MIG Welding/Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I find this, one of the best jobs , not only to work at ,but also to learn and truly benefit from, I have learned so much the staff here its ridiculous, not just work wise but even off the clock.
Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 26, 2017
The advertised pay is very deceiving. The only way you will make that kind of money is if you work alot of overtime. I struggled to get 40 hours. You will be working on maggot infested garbage compactors and Balers. It seems like a good job at first but it eventually feels like it is draining your soul and you try your best to get out. They have a high turnover rate for service techs because of this. This is a very inconsistent job. Some weeks you barely get 40 hrs. You are on call ALOT which means you Will get called on the weekend and at night. You will also be forced to work holidays even though the rest of the company is off.
Pros
Work truck stays at your house.
Cons
inconsistent. you bring your work home with you every day. constantly have to work weekends
Great atmosphere
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2017
On the day to day basis at PTR, It was mostly shipping and receiving along with some welding every day. I learned how to weld for the first time at PTR which was awesome and was promoted within a 2yr span. My Manager, himself was awesome and very relational when it came to working issues and home life. The culture was very diverse and fun to be in every day. The hardest part of the job was leaving the job and the most enjoyable part was job security.
Pros
Benefits were awesome
Cons
having to work in extreme heat
Great family business
Sr. Director of Supply Chain Operations (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 28, 2017
The waste and recycling equipment manufacturing is a great industry to work in. Great opportunity to grow from the plant floor to leadership positions. Industry has great growth opportunities.
review
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2016
Supervisors were very rude, demanding and would talk down to employees. Pay was good, benefits were great. Overtime was forced on you though even if you didnt want it, it was forced on you with the threat of your employment. The work was easy and simple to do. Not to demanding unless you were proven then management would try to force extra production out of you. Co-workers were great and team work was great. Hardest part was management and all there demands, the most enjoyable was my co-workers.
Pros
co-worker, good pay and benefits.
Cons
management
Im not sure how they are in business
Field service technician (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 27, 2015
They made it policy to try and rip the customer off and paid there workers terribly. Abusive management does not motivate anyone.
Very stable work environment. Room to move up.
Welder-fitter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2014
Coworkers are great, everyone gets along/works well together as a team! The work environment is fairly clean and organized into separate Bays and Departments individually managed by Lead men and Supervisors. Benefits package is one of the best around!
Pros
3 breaks throughout the Day/Night. Fairly easy work, very safe place with Plenty of employee parking, security, cameras, etc..
Cons
No Ventilation system, just big fans throwing air around.
A small company that makes a big impact
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 23, 2013
I held an internship with PTR Baler and Compactor Co. as a marketing intern. I helped with gathering information on clients, creating and editing product brochures, and maintaining the company's social media pages. I learned that there is always an opportunity to improved upon something. Management was great. My co-workers helped create a great work environment. The hardest part of the job developing new creative ideas. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PTR Baler and Compactor. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about