Public Company Accounting Oversight Board

Public Company Accounting Oversight Board Employee Reviews

Public Company Accountant Oversight Board (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2018
The Public Company Accountant Oversight Board is a great place to work as it located in the heart of D.C. The people in the work environment are very nice and collaborative.
Great Working Environment
Data Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2018
The ERA department has a great working environment. Everyone has time to work on their own project, and members support each other and collaborate on different projects.
Pros
great working environment; company gym; personal space
Cons
too comfortable?
Nice place to work, but a little bit structured.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Good place for interns: Work/Life balance, decent pay rate, nice people to work with, and a lot to learn. But they do not hire graduates, only people with many years of work experience.
Helping protect investors.
Associate Director of the Office of Public Affairs (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2018
Was a great place to work that was filled with many intelligent and talented individuals. The work being done was integral to maintaining the integrating of public companies.
Valued employee
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2018
The work I do is a direct impact to the mission, which gives me a sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. The benefits are the best around, with a great health care plan and vacation time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Smart people, but all type A
Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
It's impossible to run an organization made up exclusively of type A personalities (or type A wannabes). They need to break out of "stand up" mode and recognize they are a going concern, just like any other organization.
Smart professionals, certain departments have flat org structures
Risk Analysis Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 26, 2017
Overall, a great development experience. I worked with many smart professionals, but my department had a flat organization structure,limiting career progression.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of career mobility
Great opportunity
Senior Associate, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2017
It provided me with a great opportunity. The people were very professional.

I believed wholeheartedly in the mission of the organization and I enjoyed working in a start-up environment.
Pros
Great opportunity
Advancement and management
Inspections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2017
Not good for advancement; group I was in was stressful. Local office was good people.

Travel varies. Benefits are great. Can work from home/good PTO!
Great benefits and work/life balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2016
Great organization with strong mission statement. PCAOB is a great place to work if you are looking for work life balance.
This is a horrible place to work.
Staffperson (Current Employee) –  Washington DCFebruary 7, 2016
People are leaving this place in droves. The lack of management and leadership is making the culture unlivable There is no teamwork, back stabbing is encouraged.
Great Place...
Procurement Agent (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 15, 2015
Great Place to work. Awesome atmosphere. Good vibes. Cool town. Great places to eat. Close to white house. Has many perks. Very great view.
Great people, great environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 14, 2015
Very clean and nice office layout. No micromanage and frequently checkin. Workload is average. Interview difficulty is medium.
Waste of time
open (Current Employee) –  openJuly 27, 2015
I currently work for this company and managament is very unprofessional. They have been interviewing for positions that have been open for a very long time. Please do not return any of their calls if you are called in for an interview. It's a total waste of time and they are very unprofessional in getting back to candidates that they interview. What real company does that?
Productive and very efficient workplace.
TECHNICAL INTERN (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 27, 2014
PCAOB is very efficient. We have a detailed time schedule for everyone. Every monday, the members within the BI team I am working in have a weekly meeting to brief everyone what we have accomplished last week and our plans for the coming week.
I have learned a lot in PCAOB. I work with the top Data Analysts and Accountants in the industry. The projects we are working on usually involves large volume and variety of data. By working on these data, I practiced my own data processing skills gained from grad school using VBA and SQL, but also I strengthened my accounting knowledge from college when I was Business and Management major student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about