Public Health Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good environment
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 10, 2018
good environment, great employees that care about the residents well-being, clean, great supervisors. I really working there for four years. I learned a lot.
Busy at Flushing Neighborhood WIC Program
Community Service Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Get ready when you are hired for there. It's much more works than other WIC centers. Many meetings and trainings you need to attend, about 2 or 3 times per month.
Pros
Convenient location
Cons
Too much workload
Productivity at PHS
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2018
I begin most days by coming into the office early to make sure everything is ready. I respond to any messages or email either from clients, partners or staff.. The majority of my duties include to manage the staff in the field and resolve any issue that may have with clients and or office equipment. I lead a staff training seminar on variety of topics ranging from effective communication with clients to new health skills protocol. This is a new duty I actively sought out as a way to improve my leadership and presentation.
On a personal level I feel the hardest part of my job was not knowing when to stop and shut off the computer. I find my self more often once I leave my office I am still tethered to work through my phone, emails, concerns, purchases and payments, etc., that need immediate attention from me.
I was so fortunate to be part of team that despite everyone's differences and eccentricities, manages to make everyday at work a stress free work day
A cool place to work with
Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 12, 2018
A cool place to work with. It was very supportive. A good experience in working in this place. The environment was cool, and the place was fun. I like my experience.
Culture of Agency
Phone Interviewer - Short-Term (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
The agency is relaxing, friendly, collaborative and pleasant environment. I had hoped to continue on other job opportunists but none available at the time project ended.
Rewarding job, but need the right employee
Early Intervention Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 5, 2018
The position is very rewarding in that you are helping children who are in need of some sort of service (OT, PT, speech therapy, etc). The biggest issue is probably the lack of training for new hires. It is a non-profit and so resources are limited, however, training is so crucial in this position to make an employee successful. I did not feel I was provided with proper training, and had to often guess what I was doing.
Fun place
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNMarch 29, 2018
Very chill and relaxed place to work. Staff are amazing and everyone works together to get the job done. You can take the clients out on grocery trips or mall shopping as well.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Short staffed
Good learning place
Senior IPA/Certified Navigator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
In the past 6 years that I have been with the company I have learned alot and have develop my career in Human Services even more. I work enrolling clients in health insurance and I get to work with a diversity of people coming from different background making my job more excited.
great place
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2018
Relaxed, friendly atmosphere, great coworkers, company seemed to really cared about clients/employees. I enjoyed working here and would work here again!
Great place
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2018
PHS was one of the best places I have ever worked. The management were respectful and understanding. There was a great environment of friendship and resourcefulness.
Pros
Management, benefits, location.
Cons
field work in the winter
Exceptionally slow bureaucracy
Educator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2017
Very little communication between departments and programs. One hand of this organization has no idea what the other hand is doing. Every process -- from HR to IT to accounts payable is slow and requires multiple signatures by hand, which means a lot of the day is wasted tracking down people in person for approvals.
They mean well, but the processes here are ridiculously time consuming.
Rewarding beginning stages of a career
Direct Care Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNDecember 21, 2017
I went into the Human Services Field as just a job and decided to make a career out of it. I found it came very easy to me and enjoyed the rewards that come with helping my clients. I found it very enjoyable and flexible.
Fun workplace
Facility enroller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 20, 2017
Great coaching great coworkers communication is key . The staff is very welcoming any questions I had it was easy to get answers got the training I needed to perform my job
Productive work place.
Office Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  295 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2017
The company although struggling with funds to keep the place open and functioning was a pleasant environment to work in and really cared about the patients! It was always all about the patient. The most enjoyable part is the company picnic where I had an opportunity to meet other employees from different divisions of the company and they were really nice people.
Pros
Room for Advancement
Cons
NO Grant money to fund the staff needed.
Place does not know what it is doing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 20, 2017
Management is confused; pettiness is rife; agency seems to have no plan for future; reliant on government funding; heavy silos.

Program staff don't speak to each other. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

People are lied to behind their backs, while being told the agency is all about transparency.

Very bad morale. Sense of drifting. Much panic over possible loss of government funding.
Pros
Cons
Work you to death. No strategy. No communication.
Great Career Start
Part-time Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crete, NEOctober 9, 2017
Every workday can be different, depending on what the project is. I have learned a lot of things about data entry, doing surveys, getting stuff ready for upcoming classes. The management treats everybody really well. The workplace is very clean and well organized. What I would say about what the hardest part is would be losing a member of a team or a fellow co-worker. The most enjoyable part of working at PHS is getting to know everybody and being treated as an equal.
A fast paced environment that provides many opportunities for advancement.
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Supportive working environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth.Public Health Solutions also provides many benefits for their employees and their families.
Early Intervention Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 23, 2017
The supervisors worked hand in hand with the Service Coordinators. All types of training were provided that prepared the workers for the job duties. There had great benefits and the working environment is the best I ever experienced. Cons: Time management and different softwares used were very challenging.
Pros
Great work environment, excellent training and benefits
Cons
Very Constraint time management
Productive and welcoming staff
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2017
Daily productivity: 20 units per day (380 units per month) which approximately equates to around five hours of ongoing service coordination per day (on the phone). Not factoring in all the travel time, unbillable paperwork (often times, repetitive) and documentation needed.

Laid back work environment. Friendly co-workers were able to help coach/teach you. Able to learn and understand more about the job from co-workers than supervisors.
Problems with employee burnout, would be solved with wage increase
Direct Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNApril 12, 2017
I enjoy the work and I've made friends with the clients. They have a problem with employee retention. Lots of overtime available, but only because of an occasionally overwhelming lack of employees. Wage is low to start. Some of the employees that last the longest are also the malingerers and the least skilled.
Pros
meals provided, good management
Cons
uneven work load (some days much busier than others) low pay, high burnout, high stress