PUBLIC HEALTH Employee Reviews

The job was fun
Nurse aid (Former Employee) –  PagopagoJanuary 31, 2018
The job is productive and fun with many of my colleagues there. I had learned a lot from those who first got to the field and the management is okay. The hardest part of the job is when we went to villages and the community in distributing bills and doing survey. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have presentation in different agencies of the government to enforce cleanliness and litter free.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Fun place to work
Microbiologist I (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 7, 2017
I love working at this place and the people. I like the retirement benefits and career advancement opportunities. I will highly recommend working here.
Reasonable local governement agency
Public Health Program Superivosor (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 9, 2017
Oversight of public health program which provides services to underserved & low income families in our community. Hardest part of job was supervising paraprofessional staff who may have been less committed to work & organizational objectives. Most enjoyable part of the job was watching staff grow skills and knowing the positive impact to families.
Estabilidad laboral
Médical Doctor (Former Employee) –  Cuba, MOSeptember 5, 2017
Buena estabilidad laboral, ambiente agradable, aportamos a la familia y a la salud y ayudamos a que los pacientyes tengan una vida saludable
Job is ok.
Senior Environmentalist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 28, 2017
Ok job to have, not much room for advancement. Raises can be frozen , it can be very stressful. People stay because they have decent benefits and have become comfortable.
Joining the military was the best choice I have made.
Public Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZJuly 19, 2017
I was able to learn a lot about the military culture and work closely with doctors/other medical professions. We are a very close niche clinic and constantly work hand-in-hand to complete the mission.
Time management
RN FOR VISITING NURSE SERVICES OF NY (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 21, 2017
Not enough time to complete paperwork. often take work home and issue with staffing. Not enough nurses lot of re-adjusting schedule throughout the day. Learned importance of paperwork and documentation as well as teamwork,
Pros
self directing, variety of clients
Cons
Bring work home with you
as a student it was a pleasure working with professionals
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 2, 2017
As a student it was a pleasure working with professionals. I learned that many different people come in to this facility for many different reasons. I loved to translate for the spanish speaking community.
Pros
busy
Productive workplace,
Social Service Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 26, 2017
It feels great to be able to help others when working for Public Health. The fact that Public Health has events to help others in the community is rewarding.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
no raises, pay for what you do is low
Loved working with the public, planning and paperwork was a must and i really enjoyed knowing that i was helping others.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Leon, IAMay 22, 2017
Helping individuals, planning, and paperwork. Team work with my co-workers with helping eachother with paperwork. A since of fullfillment when I was able to help our patients in any way possible. Always punctual, and put others needs before my own.
Pros
The friendly environment
Cons
No lunch breaks
Public Health
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Swiftwater, PAMay 2, 2017
Public Health is great field to study in. It includes so many different fields and concentrations for many ways people to find their passion in helping the community.
Busy
Dental provider (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2017
Busy place provide care to community, worked for 12 years with a variety of staff, challenging work environment, always busy. Good grop, learned toworkwith variety of people.
Good money
Public Health and Prevent Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
You help others who need to get to get to their medical appointments. A Monday thru Friday 8am - 5 pm job. It's regular full time job, the hours are steady.
Pros
regular hours
Cons
management
Productive Day at work
Cancer Care Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 31, 2016
I like to begin by day by assessing the needs of my client and how I will be able to be productive by providing and promoting services that will be needed. The services will include mental health or substance use counseling to individual and groups within the center which may include providing other duties that will be essential for the team.
Pros
Flexiability working with clients
Cons
Not enough time in a day for some clients
Loved working with the Public Health team and loved working in Public Health
Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CADecember 14, 2016
Being employed at the Tuolumne County Public Health Department was always rewarding and great place to work. I always enjoyed my co-workers and found great pleasure working for the betterment of my community,
Great work environment
Writing and Copy Editing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 20, 2016
This was a good experience and I learned a great deal and it provided a good work/private life balance for me. I have taken the skillls I have learned and would like a change.
Worked in a jail
Administrative Supervisor, Point of Contact, (POC) (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 31, 2016
The job had its moments. I was always busy at work which I liked. I Liked the people I worked with. It took ten years to get a promotion from that company. That is a very long time. I was dedicated.
Pros
close to home
Staff gets along very well, pull together to get the job done
Assisting clients (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 8, 2016
Typical day at work involves seeing clients, completing paperwork, Medicaid screenings, assisting clients with food stamp recertification, setting up dental/vision appointments for clients, entering information into state database that involves demographic information, services provided, updating income/insurance info, and entering medical information
Cons
large caseload, sometimes feel that hinders providing best service to clients.
research assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAJune 23, 2016
it was a great working environment. Everyone worked collaboratively. I learned a lot while working there. New people were always being added to the group.
Could be a great place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
A typical work day would be protecting your self hoping nothing happens or your not harmed. What I learned from this job is racism is still in existence and you are alone when it's you. Environment would be a great group to supervise, work with and get alone with but it's hard to work in an atmosphere where there is jealousy, prejudice, vindictiveness and evil. The hardest part of my job was trying to work in that environment, maintain a positive attitude and higher management refuse and ignore what is going on in the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist clients in need making sure they received the proper care and best service!
Pros
Services are there for those in need.
Cons
Not receiving great service