Public Service Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ancient history
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2018
It was so long ago and so many changes have been made that any review would be wholly non-reflective of the current regime. I'm sure it has changed for the better.
un productive work place
Lone Tree, Co Member Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 19, 2018
they were unorganized. it was a sales position. you have to tell. the hours were flexible. pay was not great. all holidays off. they were understanding
Great Company
CIO/VP of Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 10, 2018
I enjoy working at PSCU great company with a family appeal. Plenty of opportunities to advance. They care for their people, members and strong supporters of surrounding communities.
Pros
grow within.
Cons
.meeting heavy
Communication, multi tasking, and learning about different computer systems.
Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2018
I was able to learn how to accurately and efficiently use a number of different computer systems. Knowing how to multi task was an essential part of my position. I also had to learn how to communicate with different departments in back office effectively and relate to our members who were of varying demographics.
great place to work
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 23, 2018
The company is extremely warm and loving towards their employees and is wonderful over all. I loved the communication between everyone in the company.
Great people
Account Specialist III/Communications Center (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
Enjoyed my coworkers and the working environment. I worked in both branch setting and corporate setting. Parking was easy. Commute was easy. Buildings were clean.
Fast pace stressful job but a pleasant clean environment.
Member Services Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2018
The work environment was fast pace and stressful. I learned how to pace my work and yet meet the requirements of the job. The workplace culture was warm and friendly. They encourage diversity.

The hardest part of the job was the stress and fast pace. The turnover was high as the result. The most enjoyable was the inner work team efforts regarding cultural Holiday and celebration.

You have too work 5-6 years before a promotion. The pay raises are low. You have to work a lot of overtime to make a descent income. The quarterly bonus are good.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
short breaks
I would never recommend working here
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COMarch 20, 2018
If you are part time they will not help with schooling, they never help advance your career, all they care about is the money. They are a poor excuse for customer service, me having over 10 years of customer service experience if I could give them no stars I would. Even with their employers, they could care less, they are only a number and see it as an easy replacement.
For the most part, it's a good place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 27, 2018
The new CEO is great, it's the management that is not so great. Too many clicks with the management team. All they want to see is numbers and in some cases it is about the members. They need to learn the process first, before making decisions on what to change
Pros
good 401k package
Cons
pay could be much better/benefits are pretty good
Great Place to work
Operations Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 12, 2018
Public Service Credit Union is a great place to work.Management is great depending on what department you work. Very family Oriented although sometimes they do ask more of you than you can give and they are always short staffed. Such a great company but for some reason there turn over rate seems high.
Pros
Great Place, decent compensation.
Cons
Short staff=heavy load for current employees
Awesome work place
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 19, 2018
I would of stayed working there for a long time. Employees there are great and managers are awesome. Hours are good and pay is also good. Members are also great.
Payment Systems Technician
Payment Systems Technician ll (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day as a Payment Systems Technician consists of answering lots of questions about members accounts; payments, deposits, transfers, and chargebacks. Reviewing all of the checks that come through the Credit Union. Adjusting, balancing and correcting checks that are deposited through the ATM, through mobile deposit and even through the teller by cut off times are probably the hardest yet most exciting part of my job. Creating spreadsheets, tracking numbers and balancing general ledgers is what keeps me on my toes and keeps my creative wheels turning. Public Service Credit Union has a very close family type of culture.
Pros
Hour lunches, 3 weeks of vacation time
Cons
Lack of pay
Financial institution
Financial Consultant 2 (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 29, 2017
A lot of hands on experience. You get to work close with underwriters and loan processors. Very high turn over rate. The technology can be extremely difficult to work with in a high pressure/ sales environment. The pay was fair and the benefits are awesome.
Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement in a short amount of time
Work Family
IT LIBRARIAN (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIDecember 13, 2017
If one thing is true , its that at Public Service Credit Union, the people you work with will make you never want to leave. Everyone is like a family here, and while it is fast paced, they try to make it as fun as possible. I love it here.
Good Place to work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MI 48174December 7, 2017
Always busy, management was great, staff was upbeat and enjoyable to work with. Workplace culture was superior. There were constant training and employee incentives.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
no cons
Awesome Place to Work
Payment Systems Technician I (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 29, 2017
I loved working for this company. Every person was happy and enjoyed working for the company. I am very sad to be leaving and would stay if I had the option.
Excellent work atmosphere. High energy and passionate staff.
HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2017
The CEO is a dynamic and extremely passionate leader. He does not ask anything of his team that he would not do himself. He has created for the most part an atmosphere of trust and optimism. The most enjoyable part of working at Public Service Credit Union is the feeling that you are part of something bigger than yourself and that you are enhancing someones life.
Pros
Cons
N/a
ok - not great ... not bad
Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2017
some managers were good ... some were bad.

They hired a lot from within (which is great in many ways) however, if you do that too much, they skill set & experience is kind of low.
Pros
ok place to work
Cons
a little corporate ... a little under experienced employees
Great company, slow growth but fun environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 17, 2017
Great customer oriented goals. Interactive and caring management performances. Not the best benefits but compensation was reasonable. Enjoyable company wide events.
Good company, great people, excellent leadership
N/A (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COOctober 15, 2017
PSCU has undergone a lot of change in the past couple of years, and most of those changes have been in a positive direction. The company has a well-respected, progressive CEO and an effective senior leadership team. PSCU is moving forward and growing at a fast rate; it's exciting to be part of a company that's doing well and still cares about the communities it serves.
Pros
Opportunities for growth, generous 401(k) contributions, free snacks in the Home Office
Cons
Slow to adopt new tech changes