Public Storage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Storages and services
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Shell Point, SCOctober 17, 2018
Working for P.S. was a pleasure. There were always competitive sales and friendly games to allow Property Managers and Assistant Property Managers to rise up the ladders and show their performance skills, weekly and monthly.
Public is not the place to advance.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami FLOctober 17, 2018
I was hired as a manager and dealt with way more than I should have. As a manager i did not has access to much other than the property. The benefits were horrible, they did not cover anything. When a hurricane blew off the top of my building, I was forced to work with no AC, no electricity, the entire building was filled with mold and yet I would have been fired if I did not agree to cleaning the facility. The entire building was falling apart but they acted as if nothing was wrong. It was against my own health and dignity to work in this facility. So could no longer put my health at risk. And no I did not get paid more than 10 an hour. It was not enough.
Pros
You manage your own property.
Cons
Everything else
Merchandise
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNOctober 16, 2018
The only way to get a raise is how much merchandise you sell and try to meet your quota for the month and the more money they make the better the company, but I don't no how they do for raises and how much of a raise they give,
Pros
People
Cons
No benefits
I apply for that job mentioned to you company public storage which i have quilifield to do that job apply fo
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2018
My is Onesmo Anderson i have 30 years and my character is polite man and hard work and applied the job of public assistance which are quilifield to .
Pros
Free lauches
Cons
Shorts breaks
Don't get paid enough for how much I work
On-Site Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 13, 2018
When working it's good at first but then you start to see what the company is really about. From there you'll get demotivated of working there to the point of Depression. (I'm currently going though therapy because of Depression)
Pros
constant hours (most of the time)
Cons
When in apartment, your dropped down to minimum wage with no hope of raises.
I was Property Manager
Proprty manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 9, 2018
Everything was fine until they changed the District Managers and he ended up not liking me due to having better numbers at my store then the rest of his district.
Pros
No constant micro managing
Cons
if your not liked you are out
Always has openings
Manager (Current Employee) –  Forestville, MD.October 7, 2018
Short staffing and new management caused a lot of my issues with the company. Prior to that a job is a job. Definitelyhas a glass ceiling and limited advancement.
13 years with them
Property Manager (Training Manager) (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 4, 2018
Public Storage was good to me i really don't complaint much. The challenge is the opportunity to growth is limited. I wish they had training to become a DM because it hurt I had to leave the the company to get a and opportunity to grow after 13 years with the company. Through the years I was able to meet great people. I would recommended to a young person looking to put there foot in a very stable company.
Pros
39-40 hrs guarantee a week.
Cons
growth is limited.
Greed.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TxOctober 3, 2018
This company makes billions, and still dont properly compensate property and relief managers. They put so much pressure on selling their insurance (that's not even required) and merch and make you feel like you arent doing your job when you don't. I consistently have top numbers in my district, but I am stressed all the time from it, cause has soon as I get an insurance miss, I know I'm gonna get yelled at about it (even though it's not required and a customer can use their own insurance). With managing the property, you're the customer service rep, bill collector, exterminator, maintenance person, maid and repairman, all for 10 bucks an hr (in Houston area). You get to get yelled at by customers about their rent increases, that come from corporate, the script they tell us for that is to say, the rent is raised to help take care of property, when in reality most of these properties are run down. Obviously, the increases are so they can build more props, make more money, that they arent going to pay us with. There's also no chance of advancement. We are literally at the bottom position, this company has no respect for the ones that make them the money. It's a good 1st job fulltime, if you're trying to get back on your feet, and gain work experience, but as soon as you do, find something else.
Pros
Full-time
Cons
Poor compensation for the tasks that are expected. Stressful quota expectations.
apartments on site at some locations
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2018
Flexibility as far as work duties. You get to move around instead of staying in one spot. Nice people come in to rent storages or moving trucks. Opportunities for advancement
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
poor compensation
If you want to work with lazy people on power trips while being a glorified janitor go for it.
Property Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 29, 2018
Make sure you've got an IPhone, when your not cleaning gross units you sit behind PP present. doing nothing listening to a trainer gripe about it all.
working at public storage
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 26, 2018
enjoyed working with customers, management did great. productive and fun work place. No holiday Pay, short staffed, no breaks, not providing the right tools to do the job. best part of my job was meeting new customers.
Pros
the customers and co workers
Cons
no holiday pay. racism. no breaks
Freedom
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Working for this company at the time, I worked mostly solo. I was in areas of Chicago that needed 2 works but the staffing wasn't there. The hrs were 9-6;30 and you had the freedom to take a lunch when you wanted as well as breaks.
Pros
no management
Cons
no security
Okay to work there
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 24, 2018
It is good to work there as you can live on site but that is not what it's all cracked up to be. I was the youngest property live on site manager and had the cleanest property but still was bullied by DM.
Horrible Management
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 22, 2018
worked here for over a year and your work really goes unappreciated, as long as you're making the goals that is all they care about, you are not important to them the business is, you work alone and sometimes have to walk the entire building alone including staircases to make sure nobody is in when closing, completely unsafe. pay is very low for what they expect from you.
Benefits
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Management, No Advances
Fun working with my relief manager and my manager.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rubidoux, CASeptember 13, 2018
I became property manager, so I lived on the premises. I feel I did a great job while I worked there. I got my numbers up where they needed to be according to the company, my secret shopper scores were great, but the regional manager didn't like me so I got let go. I put all of my effort and skills into this company for low pay and still it still wasn't enough for the regional manager. My manager got fired because she would'nt fire me. My manager thought I was doing a fantastic job.
Pros
I loved working with the public
Cons
No matter how hard i worked it was never enough.
Enjoyed my job
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 13, 2018
Gteat working atmosphere. Stores and storage units kept vrry clean. Always kept busy. Did not have to be micro managed
My district manager wss a very fair person.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Needed two restrooms
Fast paced, sometimes fun, & mostly unrealistic
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CASeptember 12, 2018
It’s an easy job until you have to meet numbers. Employees are expected to meet all the same numbers when realistically it’s highly unlikely to meet the same numbers as others in larger more busy properties. The employee friendships are really the only thing you can look forward to when working. The benefits are great. You’re a leasing agent, janitor, maintenance tech, and office clerk(Maybe even more than all that) all in one.
Pros
Great Friendships, SOME nice tenants and AMAZING benefits
Cons
Mentally draining, unrealistic expectations and short lunches
Dirty Job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 11, 2018
As a store manager, you are required to do everything. Outside in the Florida heat and bugs cleaning units and showing units. Majority is outside. You work alone.
Its an okay job
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 8, 2018
I loved my customer and there are some you have to work with. Be very detailed oriented working there. Always keep notes on everything don't miss a beat they are always watching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight