Public Storage Employee Reviews

Found 1,013 reviews matching the search See all 1,017 reviews
gain experience
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnetka, CAFebruary 23, 2019
PS is good to gain multi experience as they will allow you to run many locations and teach you the PS way.
The PS way can get in the way of making the right decisions at time as revenue is protected at all costs.
Good, steady job, but upper management lack touch with hourly employees.
Quite, productive environment
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2019
I liked working for public storage, I just couldn't travel! If I could of have stayed at one facility, I'd still love to work there!..................
Self Managed
Store Manager and KTP( Key Training Professional) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 21, 2019
Good job and the pay is good you are pretty ,much self managed with visits from DM you get to help make peolple smile in stress full times of need. Clean and if you work hard can manage your own office.
Pros
Meetings potential to Grow
It was just ok
Training Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNFebruary 20, 2019
If you are trying to move up in rank and make a career, this is not the company for you. They do not promote from within period. My only other complaint is that the units are not properly maintained and often customers experience water damage when storing for long periods of time
Don’t work here
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 15, 2019
This is worst place to work if you have some Integrity. They are money hungry. The place is ran down they don’t fix nothing. No raises or bonus the dms are terrible they ask for a lot and don’t pay nothing. u robbing the poor. They make you sell merchandise and $20 locks. It’s horrible I tell you
Pros
Cons
Toooo much to say
Productive and coworkers made it fun
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 5, 2019
Working with the staff is what made the time worth going to. Customers weren’t so nice but being around the same people all the time you became family
Good place to work.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Place was very good to work. Co-workers are friendly and supportive. Some of the best bosses I've ever worked for. Small opportunity to advance. Unrealistic goals.
Ok job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Very relaxed most slow days, was trained by someone who cut the companies corners, bad experience . Training and training sites were unclear, working at others worksite can be a stressful hassle if they're not organized
For a temporary job is perfect.
Propert manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJanuary 26, 2019
The first few years were ok to work for PS. Just be ready to get yelled at. Every 6 months from renting TNT get rate increase and they call the property office an yell at u why specially when people are in lien and their items are about to be sold. Now if ur on a budget and you want a $1 unit and that promotion is not on the unit that you need then they won’t rent it to you because the unit is not the size you need. Now let me get into the cleaning.... you have to clean doors, scrub floors, polish floors, windows (doesn’t matter how hight the are) light fixtures, walls if they have spider webs on them I could keep going. If something breaks they don’t fix only if it is something important (doors broken- they don’t stay up just roll back down- you tell the customer that we’ll fix the door only to be able to rent it but it a months for that to happen) Distric Managers tell you things to keep you happy and try for you not to leave. When you get sick and need to call out ...yeah that is another issue, they tell you they don’t have the coverage and make you feel guilty for being sick. Managers that have apartments and it is not a class A property get less than minimum wage. They call it a compensation. When the deal with more BS after the office closes because the live on-site. If your a non resident manager you get paid the same as a regular relief manager (which is the starting position) In your interview they tell you there is a chance you can get an apt but good luck with that they don’t tell you there is a waiting list. For we all got a rate increase to $12.50 been working  more... for a few years and all the new people get the same pay. Pay raises ever 2 yrs with only $100 end of the year bonus. You enter as a relief manager (RF) then promote to (PM) property manager if you are good and the bosses see you can do it you can become a KTP the person that trains you for that you do get a pay raise but it takes years.  less
Pros
Set schedule/ good benefits and it’s super hard for you to get fired.
Cons
Unnecessary cleaning /You get yelled at by customers all the time because their policies are stupid.
Awful
Agent (Former Employee) –  GilbertJanuary 25, 2019
Worst hours,non full disclosures of bonuses up front,they pay same as car dealers,they rob money from units renters,they do double billing,repetitive job,filthy,disgusting office in a warehouse, noisy.headset and computer sucks,they make start at a strategic date in which it will take you two months to see your first bonus. No perks,supplies,employee decent benefits,nobody talks to nobody,you are chained to a 3 foot wide cubicle,grotesque. STAY AWAY
Pros
Bagels on Friday
Cons
All of the above
Great Organization
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 24, 2019
This company was a great company to work for. They provided excellent benefits and also had flex working hours. Outstand upper level management that always provided support.
Review Summary
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 23, 2019
Recruited, hired, coached, and retained an engaged team of 23 employees through demonstrating initiative and leading by example. Ensured team members demonstrate sales-focused and customer-centric behaviors driven by data and sales metrics. Managed payroll, repair and maintenance, expense budgets and P&L statements. Conducted regular property audits to ensure properties are safe and meet all company operation standards.
#1 storage company , biggest scammers !!!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJanuary 21, 2019
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT, VERY LOW PAY WITH MANY REQUIREMENTS OF CLEANING , the things they ask you to clean they could pay a vendor to do because it’s a whole other job worth . For example scrub years worth of dirt off of doors . And clean windows on each building from the inside and out, on top of maintaining other parts of an “A” property. Plus taking care of customers. Wanting you to meet your monthly goals. There isn’t enough work hours in a day to complete these task, which is very stressful. & isnt something I was told I would have to do during my training 4 years ago, so they wanna keep expecting a lot from the employees but DO NOT want to pay them more. Adding extra things to clean but they don’t give raises anymore . Or bonuses . Not sure if any other ps district is like this. This company cares very little about their employees they don’t have your best interest at heart . You don’t always get overtime only when they feel like paying over time . Maybe if they’d pay better their employees would LOVE and be motivated to meet all of their requirements.
Pros
Cons
Cheapest billionaire company
Good entry level job.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrboro, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I learned a lot about the storage business. Employees were friendly and helpful. The best part about the job is helping the customers. The company has good benefits and great working hours.
Pros
Monthly staff meetings. Incentives for sales.
Cons
Pay not commensurate with job responsibilities.
Poor experience within the company
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
My experience over the past 6 months of working for Public Storage has been less than satisfactory. In the district I work in you are asked and held responsible for doing very different work from what is advertised and the management does a very poor job of making you feel valued as an employee in the company.
Do not recommend.
Relief Manager & Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2019
The job itself is not bad. But the company does not respect the employees. I really felt most management personnel did not respect the employees, and this was particularly true with upper management. Pay is low, and very little in benefits.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Low pay and benefits
I'm torn about this company...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I can easily say that this company had one of the smaller and more contained environments I ever worked in. So much that I actually made some pretty good friendships while working there with both management and representatives alike. I also really enjoyed my time working there my first year but the second year was plagued by issues. This was mainly due to the company constantly changing its structure based on the feedback of outside sources. So sales goals were constantly being changed forcing many employees to leave or be terminated. I went from hitting all of my sales goals right out of the gate to not meeting them at all without any real changes in my performance.
Pros
A strong work culture in the beginning.
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals which were constantly being changed.
Great place to work, but no opportunity for growth
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Public Storage is a great company to work for. The job is not hard at all and has its perks as well as downfalls. There is no room for growth/advancement so once you get hired, that is your position for the length of employment. You may get promoted to property manager or trainer, but the compensation is not much at all. Management is fantastic, but once again, the biggest downfall of working for this company is that you cannot advance and grow.
Pros
Hours and job duties
Cons
No room for growth/advancement
overall poor work enviroment
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2019
I didn't care working for this company it was very unprofessional and the compensation was very low. I personally didn't care for the setting or the work atmosphere.
Low pay but fun people and decent hours
Property Manager, Johns Creek (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 30, 2018
The pay is low, but at least the hours are good. Hours are consistent and benefits are good, except that they are based out of California and I work in Georgia.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Public Storage.

Powered by Comparably