Public Storage Employee Reviews

Eh
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 10, 2018
Company pays twice a month. The district manger plays favorites depending on which district. They want you to sell sell sell but you get nothing for it.
Pros
Cons
Having to do all of the work yourself.
If you need work it’s a decent place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 7, 2018
My review on working at Publix storage is it was OK however there’s No working your way up the ladder. Meaning there’s no advancement with working at public storage. I would however recommend the job to someone that is really in need of work and a steady paycheck
Terrible job
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 7, 2018
This job sucks terribly, this is the kinda job you get when you desperately need some type of income the pay sucks the district managers treats employees terribly
Pros
Apartment if your lucky
Cons
Terrible, I only chose one star because I couldn't leave it blank.
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 6, 2018
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. There is tons of cleaning, working outside in the heat during the summer and in the cold in the winter. The pay sucks too much work not enough pay. Management only cares about themselves. The customers are out of line, hard to deal with, and go above your head to complain to the DM. There was no enjoyable part of this job. You also have to sell merchandise with (no commission). If you do not sell merchandise or get social media reviews you'll end up on a conference call about not selling any merchandise and end up having to role play. Everyone is required to work on the weekends (except the DM's) which is a big inconvenience for those who have children.
Pros
They pay you for your mileage
Cons
Short breaks, low pay.
Horrible company
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
HORRIBLE company to work for. From corporate all the way down to management is bad. They don’t care about their employees. Turn over rate is very high, the job is cool for a little bit but don’t plan to stay very long. Employees literally do EVERYTHING around the property, Cleaning (restrooms, curb appeal, windows, doors, and stairwells, just to name a few) Maintenace (Changing light bulbs, and fixing broken hasps) Only reason I stayed was for the benefits.
Benefits
Call Center
Reservation Sales Agent/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 3, 2018
Good place to work, good training, fast pace, scripted, easy to convert calls, good end of year parties. Great managers. They do shift bids which was great.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Bonus incentives
Used to be a good company
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2018
We used to have employees and managers that cared about the job. It has become out of control.
It is unbelievable how most of the employees still have a job. Especially the manager.
Pros
Apartment and no utilities is the only reason to keep the job
Cons
Poor managemeny that does'nt care about employees or customers
Great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2018
Good company well balanced, just was not right for me at my age. I wished I had stayed they are a great company. Pay was well balanced and they gave us the ability to manage our own district
Pros
Good pay and support
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 28, 2018
Public Storage is a good place to work if you are new to the work force. They teach selling skills that are easy to learn and follow. The management team is usually helpful in coaching new employees.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Mold in buildings
busy fast workplace,
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 28, 2018
i open up the store everyday at 9:30 and proceeded to go sown the checklist of tasks: provide customer service for customers needing to make payments and also rent storage units. close store to do daily bank run from deposits day before. I cleaned the office space and bathrooms daily for customers. daily trash pick up on the property...Host monthly auctions for goods sold...cleaned abandoned goods out of units..Daily lock checks
Pros
you stayed busy, .
Cons
once you did all you work and no customers come in, there was nothing you can do but sit there and wait
Great Training
Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland TXNovember 27, 2018
Rather your new to the industry, or already have experience, Public Storage trains you for the job they want you to do. They make sure your completely trained before assigning you to work a property alone.
Pros
Consistant
Cons
Fake reviews in order to meet goals.
Try to work elsewhere
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 23, 2018
Having the title of manager is the most you will get out of this company. You are not able to have availability, you work the hours and days they give you, and the payrate is really low.
Clean
RELIEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 19, 2018
It is fun and friendly place to work. It's clean and organized. There specials are great opportunities for those who are doing a temporary move and need storage.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, CANovember 17, 2018
Job is spent maintaining and fixing issues whether it be changing a light bulb or sweeping the floors, making sure the bathroom is clean and the hallways of the property is clean as well. Makes a big difference.
Good start off job if you are a property manager
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CANovember 14, 2018
There is no opportunity for advancement with this company. I worked in North Hollywood, CA. Management is poor district manager. He lacks basic leadership skills, and people skills. Process always changes, and forced into scripts. If you are not a property manager ( I was) the job is not worth the job duties to compensation. Apartment benefit is great but relief managers best hope is getting a property, but after you receive a property not much room for advancement within the company no matter work performance and achievements. I graduated and tried to move up within the company and was quickly shut down from upper management when reaching out to upper management. This job is good for someone who is complacent with receiving enough to get by and never advance.
Pros
Apartment
Cons
No growth, poor management
Easy job but it gets to you.
Property Manager/KTP (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYNovember 13, 2018
this is not a place for you if you want a career. They do not promote any higher than KTP on the field level. They don't take field employees who know the front line and move them up to district managers. This is something they should do but do not. They are constantly telling you to clean, even when you just cleaned your entire building. It's all about your sales. If your numbers aren't looking good they HOUND you to make them better. our number effect the bigger bosses bonuses, so it kinda makes sense now why they hound us, but they took our bonuses away. This place is just unfair, which is why I left.
Pros
set hours
Cons
short break, insane amount of cleaning, poor dm's
It is nice to work in a quiet private area.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 11, 2018
The company could pay better .
You only get hired at minimum wage
Relief managers get bonuses.
property managers getting no bonuses.
as a relief manager you do a lot of traveling to different properties. as a property manager you live on site.
Pros
Room and bord
Cons
Work for minimum wage only
Great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 9, 2018
I loved the job for the time that I was there. But sometime people can really try to take advantage of you be care because you can lose your job even if it’s not you doing wrong
Pros
Good hour great money
Cons
To much traveling
It’s great and nice place to work with company.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Annandale, VANovember 6, 2018
Management need to be nice and appreciate there employees. Especially the property managers. Starting of the month and end of the month is tough cuze people are moving out and new people are coming to rent the space it’s very tough cuze you have to work alone at the same time you have to clean do the bank runs.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 6, 2018
If I could rate this company -100000 I would . This is the first time I have ever left a review for a company I have worked for. I feel like it's important for other people to know what they are getting themselves into . Public Storage is a money hungry company. They do not care anything about their employees. This is a billion dollar company and only pay u 10.50 a hour . If u choose to get a apartment with them u get 8.50 a hour . If you are a relief manager u have to travel pretty much every day to different properties . Now if u are working with a property manager it's a high chance that your district manager could call u to travel to another property. If somebody has called out and u are a relief manager the district manager will ask u or another relief manager to go to that property . This company is 2 cheap to allow to people to work together . I can't even describe the amount of work that is done . I worked for the company for 2 years and 1 month and I highly regret it . Once I became a property manager it was 100 times worse . You have to open the store , handle cash , check , credit debit card payments , collection calls , cleaning the office and bathroom . You also have to check the property twice a day clean units do monthly auctions with your district manager . You also have to do a monthly unit inventory which pretty much means u have to print out a list for all the units and the information have to match the paper . Also do a merchandise inventory, counting all the merchandise , and a unit audit . A unit audit just means everything that is wrong with the property  more... has to be put in the system . Let's not forget u have to sell none stop ! Locks Insurance boxes . This company wants u to sell non stop . Let's not forget renting units to customers and using 1000 scripts a day . You also have coaching with your district manager . You do weekly calls as a disctrict and have to explain why u could not sell a lock , or insurance or merchandise . What objectives did u use for the customer . Guys I'm telling u this company is awful . Anytime u have to call out sick or can't come in they make u feel bad . Like things happen and it's not right . This company makes u work like a slave and the pay is horrible . Other company's pay at least 13 or 14 a hour and ps still pays only 10.50 . It's so much to this company that I wish I could right a book about it . I will never recommend this place to anybody . You work by yourself 24 7 their is no help on the property . It's so hard to gain hours so u can have PTO off , they only focus on your sick time off which is pti. Even with u have sick time to use it's still a problem. I will just stop here because I could go on and on . Moral of the story is this company does not care about u it's all about the $$$ long as u slave and work than you will be just fine . Good luck guys ! Do your research before u apply .I am just trying to help others and tell them the truth . Worst company ever! They have also taken away bonuses ,unlike other company's. You get 100 dollars a year for Christmas that's it .hate this place  less
Pros
Laid back, no managers 24 7 . Can be on your phone and go to lunch when u want
Cons
Everything!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight