Public Storage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Production
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2018
Great environment to work with a team spirit. Employees are rewarded for their hard work and dedications. Great benefits and opportunity to get promoted to managements.
Perpetrating a scam
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, NJJuly 14, 2018
If you enjoy ripping people off, tricking them into buying overpriced moving supplies, and using misleading language to convince people that they have to purchase the company provided insurance, then this is the job for you. However, if you have a moral compass, Hard Pass.
Pros
Eight hour days, slow pace
Cons
No advancement. Storage rental is a scam.
Great training
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 11, 2018
Scheduled shifts. Paid vacation and sick days. Paid travel to meetings. Can be stressful. Make collection calls and rent units. Usually work on your own
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Could be scheduled for no weekends off
ps job review
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 9, 2018
I worked at Public Storage for a while customers loved me. I would bring in the stats by keeping delinquency down and keeping the property 96% occupied and social media reviews were always positive. I had stopped maintaining the property on a daily basis because things were slow but by the end of my week I usually had everything done delinquency calls made property cleaned. There was no real goals that were set that I was able to meet or exceed. But when your boss wants you gone and your assistant manager is cut throat they will find anything to get you out. That's what fire at will means
enjoyable
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 1, 2018
make follow up calls mange property handled new and established customers clean property, show customers storage units. Sale products. Call customers about late payments.
Productive and Fun
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJune 27, 2018
A typical day of work included counting the register as soon as you arrive. Opening the store and getting it ready for customers. Reading the lease and making the customer understand his or her rights. Showed the customers the units and rented it out. The hardest part of the job would of been the auction! People who unfortunately cant afford to pay their monthly fee will have there belongings auctioned off and people would come in very irate!!! But the best feeling of the job was getting the customers a good deal at a reasonable price!!
Fine place to work
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Levittown, PAJune 27, 2018
$11 per hour will either be easy money or not enough for the work you're doing on any given day. One day it is possible to spend the whole 8 hours cleaning units or waiting in the office for calls or reservations, and the next you can be working constantly throughout the day and dealing with problems both maintenance and tenant-related. Management is hands-on but manages a number of locations, so on occasion you will need to exercise your judgement. The job is fairly solitary- the vast amount of time you will be the only Public Storage employee on-site.
Pros
Solitary working environment, decent benefits package
Cons
Little immediate support for solving problems
Horrible
Property "A" Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 27, 2018
Horrible place to work. I No security, poor management. No room for advancement. They tell you when you can take time off. HORRIBLE. All management cares about is numbers.
Resonible work hours
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 25, 2018
Being a Relief Manager, relocates to different properties. Property Manager, makes sure property is clean at all times. Both Relief and Property Manager rents units for customers, collects rent and deals with complex situation.
Pros
Out at 6PM weekdays and out at 5PM weekends
Cons
phone collection for rent, dealing with complix customers who likes to scapegoat
The management was not always for their employees
RELIEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 25, 2018
The company was not employee friendly. Yhe was no bonuses for the employees only for the management. Lack of advancement within the company. There was no security on the premises.
Help me type better
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 22, 2018
On a basic day a public storage is renting out storage unit, taking payments make reservation on units cleaning out units closing out the day by counting the money and putting it in the safe
Don’t do it
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJune 18, 2018
If you want to be yelled at from morning til night by unhappy tenants than this is the job for you! Trainers are a joke. Gossip like children. Half the staff. Are drug addicts
Pros
Down time
Cons
Management, customers, pay
Respectfully,Please research other reviews and draw your own conclusions.
Resident Property Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 17, 2018
All I can respectfully say is research other reviews for yourself and draw your own conclusions. A typical day at work depending on the weather and time of year is basically renting units,cleaning units, the property, making collection calls,collecting payments,helping customers,etc.
Pros
Great coworkers, shifts ending at 6pm Mon-Friday and 5pm Sat and Sunday
Cons
A lot
Stepping Stone
RELIEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
The job itself is super easy and can be fun assisting people in a transitional period, as this is when people typically need storage. The pay is not ideal for this job but you can gain skills that are beneficial to take into other employment areas.
Cons
few to no weekends off
Revolving door of managers
Assistant Manager/ Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYJune 14, 2018
Management is constantly changing and, you never quite know who's coming or going. Unrealistic delinquency goals, and unreal expectations with sales. Great benefits and awesome people to work with.
Fun place to work great for growth
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 13, 2018
Working here was great. A day in the life always felt very productive and successful. The Management and Employees here were always friendly and great to work with. Special Events and Team Building Events allowed us to interact departmentally where we wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity. Great benefits and PTO. Small downside sometimes required to work weekends.
Pros
Great benefits and people
Cons
Less flexible schedule
The downside is that it's a high pressure sales environment with little or no commission
Relief Manger (Former Employee) –  TXJune 12, 2018
The work hours are excellent: 9:30am-6pm. Not too early but no late nights either. Days off constantly vary from week to week but that is the nature of retail work.
Pros
Work hours are excellent
Cons
High pressure sales envirnonment & little room for advanement.
can work for you if you are interested
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2018
The main interest i had working for this company was that I was next on the list to live in one of the apartments on site, for a decrease in pay. I had an automobile accident and ending up relocating for something closer to home and more money due to Public Storage not promoting within the company.
Pros
discounted rent if apartment available.
Cons
low pay
Meh.
RELIEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 10, 2018
It was like high school. Other employees would throw you under the bus if you didn’t sweep the office well enough. I was 9 months pregnant in the summer and other employees would get mad if I didn’t throw a big piece of furniture away in the dumpster or if I forgot to pull one weed on the property. Most of the people were really nice but it was extremely stressful for not a lot of pay. My trainers were absolutely amazing but once I got to the properties to work, the property managers weren’t very helpful and wouldn’t tell me accurate information. I would steer clear.
Pros
Pti/pto, good benefits
Cons
Extremely Stressful
High expectations from management. Coworkers were good
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJune 10, 2018
I found that the management had very high goals and when we met them they increased them. We had conference calls 3 times a week and if you were off that day or had a customer you didn't receive anything about what transpired. This also happened with the month in the district meetings. Management played favorites for property positions.
The co-workers were good for the most part

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight