Public Storage Employee Reviews

Found 1,002 reviews matching the search See all 1,006 reviews
#1 storage company , biggest scammers !!!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia County, PAJanuary 21, 2019
NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT, VERY LOW PAY WITH MANY REQUIREMENTS OF CLEANING , the things they ask you to clean they could pay a vendor to do because it’s a whole other job worth . For example scrub years worth of dirt off of doors . And clean windows on each building from the inside and out, on top of maintaining other parts of an “A” property. Plus taking care of customers. Wanting you to meet your monthly goals. There isn’t enough work hours in a day to complete these task, which is very stressful. & isnt something I was told I would have to do during my training 4 years ago, so they wanna keep expecting a lot from the employees but DO NOT want to pay them more. Adding extra things to clean but they don’t give raises anymore . Or bonuses . Not sure if any other ps district is like this. This company cares very little about their employees they don’t have your best interest at heart . You don’t always get overtime only when they feel like paying over time . Maybe if they’d pay better their employees would LOVE and be motivated to meet all of their requirements.
Pros
Cons
Cheapest billionaire company
Good entry level job.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrboro, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I learned a lot about the storage business. Employees were friendly and helpful. The best part about the job is helping the customers. The company has good benefits and great working hours.
Pros
Monthly staff meetings. Incentives for sales.
Cons
Pay not commensurate with job responsibilities.
Poor experience within the company
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2019
My experience over the past 6 months of working for Public Storage has been less than satisfactory. In the district I work in you are asked and held responsible for doing very different work from what is advertised and the management does a very poor job of making you feel valued as an employee in the company.
Do not recommend.
Relief Manager & Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 12, 2019
The job itself is not bad. But the company does not respect the employees. I really felt most management personnel did not respect the employees, and this was particularly true with upper management. Pay is low, and very little in benefits.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Low pay and benefits
I'm torn about this company...
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 7, 2019
I can easily say that this company had one of the smaller and more contained environments I ever worked in. So much that I actually made some pretty good friendships while working there with both management and representatives alike. I also really enjoyed my time working there my first year but the second year was plagued by issues. This was mainly due to the company constantly changing its structure based on the feedback of outside sources. So sales goals were constantly being changed forcing many employees to leave or be terminated. I went from hitting all of my sales goals right out of the gate to not meeting them at all without any real changes in my performance.
Pros
A strong work culture in the beginning.
Cons
Unrealistic sales goals which were constantly being changed.
Great place to work, but no opportunity for growth
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2019
Public Storage is a great company to work for. The job is not hard at all and has its perks as well as downfalls. There is no room for growth/advancement so once you get hired, that is your position for the length of employment. You may get promoted to property manager or trainer, but the compensation is not much at all. Management is fantastic, but once again, the biggest downfall of working for this company is that you cannot advance and grow.
Pros
Hours and job duties
Cons
No room for growth/advancement
overall poor work enviroment
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 5, 2019
I didn't care working for this company it was very unprofessional and the compensation was very low. I personally didn't care for the setting or the work atmosphere.
Low pay but fun people and decent hours
Property Manager, Johns Creek (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GADecember 30, 2018
The pay is low, but at least the hours are good. Hours are consistent and benefits are good, except that they are based out of California and I work in Georgia.
fun at times
RELIEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 30, 2018
I enjoyed my work with public storge, I left due to a shoulder injury and could no longer lift the doors or do any cleaning. I work week was set, which helped me plan events.
Structured and Success Driven Workplace
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 25, 2018
I highly recommend Public Storage to prospective employees, and I miss working there. It was very fast paced, but that allowed for extra opportunities to perform at your best. High praise for successful employees. Very rewarding experience.
Where can I start, the pay sucks, the DM a joke run around like she's doing so much and was not a great leader.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2018
Public Storage is a joke, there's no higher position. Once a property Manager that's all you would ever be here in New Orleans. The new DM, she works 5 days a week and schedule EVERYONE else 7-10 straight to work.. Please don't store there if you don't want bedbug's and homeless around you all day. You are responsible for cleaning the property inside and out, the units, picking up on furniture, mopping up urine constantly, putting up delivery alone majority of the time and dealing with unpleasant customer. If you are a customer or employee Run and I mean Run fast😣😫😕😈
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Under paid, taxes your bonus and the SR. DM, DM and RM don't care about you at all.
Productive and a place to grow
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 14, 2018
Public Storage is a great place to work to gain the knowledge to become a strong leader and to be able to handle working under pressure with a long list of objectives to handle alone.
Eh
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJDecember 10, 2018
Company pays twice a month. The district manger plays favorites depending on which district. They want you to sell sell sell but you get nothing for it.
Pros
Cons
Having to do all of the work yourself.
If you need work it’s a decent place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 7, 2018
My review on working at Publix storage is it was OK however there’s No working your way up the ladder. Meaning there’s no advancement with working at public storage. I would however recommend the job to someone that is really in need of work and a steady paycheck
Terrible job
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 7, 2018
This job sucks terribly, this is the kinda job you get when you desperately need some type of income the pay sucks the district managers treats employees terribly
Pros
Apartment if your lucky
Cons
Terrible, I only chose one star because I couldn't leave it blank.
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 6, 2018
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here. There is tons of cleaning, working outside in the heat during the summer and in the cold in the winter. The pay sucks too much work not enough pay. Management only cares about themselves. The customers are out of line, hard to deal with, and go above your head to complain to the DM. There was no enjoyable part of this job. You also have to sell merchandise with (no commission). If you do not sell merchandise or get social media reviews you'll end up on a conference call about not selling any merchandise and end up having to role play. Everyone is required to work on the weekends (except the DM's) which is a big inconvenience for those who have children.
Pros
They pay you for your mileage
Cons
Short breaks, low pay.
Horrible company
Relief Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
HORRIBLE company to work for. From corporate all the way down to management is bad. They don’t care about their employees. Turn over rate is very high, the job is cool for a little bit but don’t plan to stay very long. Employees literally do EVERYTHING around the property, Cleaning (restrooms, curb appeal, windows, doors, and stairwells, just to name a few) Maintenace (Changing light bulbs, and fixing broken hasps) Only reason I stayed was for the benefits.
Benefits
Call Center
Reservation Sales Agent/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 3, 2018
Good place to work, good training, fast pace, scripted, easy to convert calls, good end of year parties. Great managers. They do shift bids which was great.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Bad Bonus incentives
Used to be a good company
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2018
We used to have employees and managers that cared about the job. It has become out of control.
It is unbelievable how most of the employees still have a job. Especially the manager.
Pros
Apartment and no utilities is the only reason to keep the job
Cons
Poor managemeny that does'nt care about employees or customers
Great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2018
Good company well balanced, just was not right for me at my age. I wished I had stayed they are a great company. Pay was well balanced and they gave us the ability to manage our own district
Pros
Good pay and support
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Public Storage. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight