Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc.

Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc. Employee Reviews

Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc. insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Stressing operation.

Schedule is difficult to live with. Can lead up to 7 days a week if drivers /contractors do not show up to pick up their routes. Otherwise the rest is getting used to overnight hours.

Shell Game for New York Times

This company only exists because New York Times did not want a union in their delivery force this allows them to pay less than $10 per hour and no benefits to 1,000s of delivery people. CEO and CFO sit on a floor all by themselves watching TV and playing the role of being in charge paid millions. FACT

Pros

hard working people and many nice

Cons

low pay stressful environment for delivery people

The pay isnt good

Easy work. Just don't pay enough and you work 7 days a week with no time off at all. Including holidays. The managers can be rough on you. I feel that they don't care at all about you. They should have at least a couple days a year you can for emergency. Without being in trouble or losing your job

Its an ok place to work

Its very slow in the beginning but once you get the hang of it and your delivery route down it gets easier and faster. Friday and saturdays were the worst days because you have more weekend customers to deal with and car is filled to the brim with papers.

Pros

Tips from good customers

Cons

Lose money if you miss a house

I wouldn't say it was a fun place.

From what I saw was the drivers had to pay for bags and storage of their Sunday colors. I happened to be a subber of the Sunday papers which could be Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. I told the drivers that they should form a union, but management threatened any driver who attempted it, see ya. They are listed as Independent contractors.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

No communication with your Customers No Christmas cards Directlyl No more tips In the mail Boxes. a processing fee for each tip

If you have a Brain They don't want to be called out They don't want you to understand their job better than them So they will find a way to fire you.

Pros

Out on your own

Cons

No more Christmas cards They take a percentage of every tip now

Great Work life Balance

Company has great work culture and flexible work schedule. Compensation is also good and learning opportunities are also available. It is a good place to work for.

Pros

Great Work life balance

Cons

no free office supplies

Indifferent

Working overnight/early morning was a drain on social life and mental health. Turns out, even as a night owl, I needed daylight. I enjoyed the sunrises on summer mornings. Job responsibilities included unloading, counting newspapers & distributing to carriers, doing service checks on carriers, and filling in on routes.

Pros

Coworkers and management were all pretty friendly

Cons

Personal vehicle wear and tear, weather, trying to find house numbers in the dark, working vampire hours

Not even if your desperate

This job is the worst. You work late at night every day and you never have a day off. Then if you need a day off because of an emergency they threaten to fire you. This job drains your soul out of you couldn’t imagine doing anything worse. The money isn’t worth it especially what it costs to fix your car and the money for gas.

First Job I Actually Love!!!

With close to 20 years of experience, I thought the day would never come that I actually looked forward to working. The role, the people, EVERYTHING about this job is wonderful. Work & Life balance, friendly, approachable, down-to-earth people. LOVE IT!!!!

Cons

I would never do that job again.

It was one of the worst jobs I ever had. Management did a poor job at the warehouse. The newspapers were always late, which then made my routes late. Then, I had to pay for every time I delivered a paper late.

We have not had a raise in over 7 years

We get paid less than minimum wage we have not had a raise in over seven long years we have a contract but we don't know when it expires. We don't have any representation to enforce the contract

You will probably be over worked and underpaid.

You work 365 days a year. You use your own person vehicle and pay for your own gas & repairs as well as paying for complaints and a tip processing fee. Tips are often withheld for an entire pay cycle. They create routes that are too large to be completed by their set deadlines. The compensation is not fair.

Better than nothing

Very good job for people whom feel comfortable working independently at overnight shift. Very easy job to do. You have the rest of the day for another job or

Pros

Independence

Cons

Not good payment

Easy Job

Typical day started at 3 am. You come in grab your route for the morning then grab the amount of papers you need. You bag up the papers in the appropriate colored bag. And deliver the papers

friendly employees that will help

good work environment with good staff. The help you receive from training the first day will help you as you go out on your own later on. The hours are decent and allows you to move at your own pace.

Productive , and challenging on a daily basis

Productive environment senior management where very helpful. during the holidays and the season changes it was becoming more challenging trying to find independent contractors who wanted to work 7 days a week. the hardest part was during the winter with the weather and the summer with finding substitutes to cover dsp routes

IUf you love to work this is the job for you

It was a great environment to work. People were friendly and always offered help. As a manager, I treated my team as family. we all worked together to complete our common goals and to help everyone to achieve that goal

Pros

Meet new people, pay rate

Terrible place to work

Don’t work there on less you are desperate for a job. They don’t care about their employees, only the customers. If a customer call to complain, they believe whatever the customer says and not their employees. Which can be very frustrating.

Dumbest business people on the plantet especially in Ma

Lost another client in MA 😂😂😂 keep paying dgs $22-$24 an hour and you'll be broke before you know it. Management sucks is their problem. Too funny.

Bad Company

MALE CULTURE HIRED PERMANENT PART-TIME WAS LIKE PULLING TEETH AS A FEMALE TO ADVANCE! They started to sell off depots people lost their jobs. Then i trained all the men for the supervisor position that was promised to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc. with

• Publishers Circulation Fulfillment, Inc.