Publishers Clearing House Employee Reviews

Fun workplace. Great customer service.
Scam/HAC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2018
I enjoy working for PCH. It feels good to help customers understand the way the company works when they have been mislead or scammed. I love helping and train my customer reps in all aspects of their duties.
Pros
Monthly Bonuses
Cons
Cafeteria too small
Productive and Fun workplace
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYMay 22, 2018
Nice place to work with work-life balance
Happy withe management
Hardest part of the job is, most of the time you have to do same things every day. Have to find opportunity to do something new.
Excellent Company to work for.
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Excellent Company to work for. Opportunites and work-related situations are always lavish. Schooling was paid for by the company. A positive atmosphere always prevailed.
Pros
Many perks excellent work and compnay
Cons
not many
Cafeteria on the premises
Analytical Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYApril 3, 2018
Very quiet and small company. Room to grow if you know the right people. Microwaves for heating up your lunches and a cafeteria on the premises so no need to go out for lunch.
like a country club
Industrial Engineer within the HR Department (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Had a unique newly created position that allowed me to learn every work process and make recommendations to streamline and reduce costs. There were many benefits and extras at this company.
Pros
benefits, salary
Cons
commute
Nice Place to Start a Career
Online Ad Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYDecember 19, 2017
PCH allowed me to get my feet wet in the Digital Media field. The people were very friendly and the benefits were okay. The pay was terrible and there was always a lot of turnover.
Great work place
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYNovember 25, 2017
Excellent work place unfortunately there was not room for growth where I was. Excellent benefits and vacation time. I wish they would have offered me the option to move to a different department.
good environment
Online Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYOctober 16, 2017
it was a great experience but it was time for a change in career. i am so grateful for the opportunity to learn from great leaders who have so much wisdom to impart to me.
Great company!
PROOFREADER (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYSeptember 12, 2017
PCH is a great company to work for. No one bothers you as long as you do your job. I was fortunate enough to work with good people especially my mentor.
I wouldn't leave my job if not for the long and expensive commute.
Pros
Great benefits, free sodas, coffees, teas, chocolate milk
Cons
Long and expensive commute from where I live.
Good Amenities
Senior Online Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYSeptember 2, 2017
Good work place but little accountability. The management of my department allowed every department walk all over us and my overall job was covering up everyone else's mistakes.
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
The company overall is a great place to work at. My department, Production at PCH, there is not room for advancing in job titles and duties. Only way to move up in my department is if someone leaves or gets fired.
Pros
benefits, employees, location
Cons
Job advancement
no room for growth
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 3, 2017
Publishers Clearing House has a very good reputation of helping employees grow. I worked there for over 9 years and loved my colleagues. The salary is not very competitive
benefits
Cons
pay
Old school comany with old school habits and culture
Director/Producer Video (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJune 15, 2017
The environment is highly political, and management is not open to new ideas or talent which are always seen as a threat rather than a plus. Hours are very reasonable, pay is middle of the road, benefits are excellent. Just don't expect to advance or have your new ideas taken seriously.
Pros
great benefits and time off
Cons
management is stuck in the 90's (when most of them started at the company)
Great Place to work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 28, 2017
PCH has a great work culture and great people working in the company. Always enjoyed going into working and interacting with coworkers. It is a very easy going culture with a great mix of work and play.
Cons
not great communication
boring
Friendly's Restaurant-Albertson, NY- Waitress (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 14, 2017
usuallt boring not much to do looked at a lot papers and shipping and handling there ewas a really cool raffle though. Good for networking amd meeting new people
It's a great place to work along with a great culture!
Email Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJanuary 3, 2017
PCH has a great work environment with room opportunity for growth. Management is wonderful and very understanding. Benefits and perks are also a plus!
Fun place to work
QA Tester intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2016
I have learned a lot. All of my colleagues were very helpful and supporting. Working environment is very friendly. I learned a lot.
Pros
free food, great office, friendly co-workers
Cons
can't think of any.
Productive fun place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NYJuly 18, 2016
Productive, but fun days. I learned so much. Original management awesome. Co-workers awesome. Wasn't hard work. Worked alone or trained other co-workers
Pros
Annual corn day, Bring your daughter to work day etc
Cons
Take over, and lots of change
Great work life balance
Associate Attorney (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NYMarch 1, 2016
Excellent company with great work life balance. Various offices and good mentors. Room for growth in most areas of the company. Respectful and pleasant working environment.
Productive and hard working work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNDecember 3, 2015
From 1130 to 730 I was on the phone, with my 30 minute lunch break and my two 15 minute breaks. I answered many different types of calls, varying from sweepstake calls to payment calls. Some calls were harder to handle then others but they all taught me something in their own way. Some customers were not very nice and others were jus the sweetest. I had to talk to people on how to play the sweepstakes, I had to teach them how to send in the mailers with their entries. Some were being scammed, so I had to teach them about the scammers and being scammed. With the payments I had to help people with sending in their payments for their orders. Some payments weren't received causing some calls to be harder. I helped people cancel orders and place some orders, I also took payments and entered people into the sweepstakes over the phone.
Pros
Insurence

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publishers Clearing House. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.4Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Publishers Clearing House Reviews by Location