Publix Employee Reviews

31.6K
Found 10,390 reviews matching the search See all 10,428 reviews
Very employee fairness
Produce Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2018
Loved my job great advancement opportunities and financial security very good to it's employees , overall excellent company to work for but 44 yrs of grocery business got old
Pros
stocks
Cons
holiday work
Very fast pace and great working environment!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJuly 22, 2018
Publix was a great first job experience! There is so much room to grow within Publix! They pay great for a retail company! The specific Publix I worked in stayed busy all year round so shifts went by pretty quickly! The people I worked with were all amazing and always willing to help! We all had a great time together!
Pros
Great environment and service!
Cons
Breaks are a short 30 minutes for minors or for people not working a full 8 hour day!
It wasn’t what I expected
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 22, 2018
Where shopping is a pleasure and where working is not so pleasurable . Working there when they promised job security in the beginning lasted for about a month then they offer the unqualified full time and leave the others out to figure it out on there own . You’d have to work two jobs just to make ends meet because working for little to no hours didn’t compensate for the weekly pay . The manager was good and understanding but the store manager wasn’t good for much. Very condescending and not much help .
Pros
Free subs or meal every other month, nice bogo sales
Cons
Management was poor, low hours
Great Place
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Dora, FLJuly 21, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits and good retirement plan. Management helps you succeed and pushes you to work hard. Management is fair with all employees.
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJuly 21, 2018
Publix is a company that truly is whatever you want it to be. It could be a part time job, a retirement job, or a career. If you put enough hard work in, most managers are really good at recognizing that hard work.

Any given store may have hundreds of people working there. As such, you may find it difficult to get along with everyone. However, in my experience, most of the associates are very friendly and helpful. We all help each other. Managers put a lot of emphasis on having a team-oriented atmosphere.

Overall, Publix is a great job. Advancement is almost always an option as long as you possess the right skills. Just keep your work ethic high because as you move up the ladder, more is expected from you.
Pros
free stock, good hours, benefits
Cons
work can be stressful, retail job so customers can give you a hard time, miscommunication can make for a hard work day sometimes
Publix
Customer Service Staff/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJuly 21, 2018
This is a great place to work if you are looking to work your way up in the company without a college degree. Has great benefits and private stock buying options. also when you leave the company you have the option to keep or sell your stock.
Pros
stock.
Fast paced. You will always have something to do.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 21, 2018
"If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." Stay busy! The Deli can get chaotic, but its definitely worth the onslaught of hungry customers at lunch time.
Overall, great company to work for!
Customer Service Associate / Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 21, 2018
I start opening procedures daily at 4:45. My duties involve making sure that all fresh produce is rotated and any damaged or outdated product is pulled and scanned to be discarded. The department is then set up with fresh produce, shelves restocked with juices, fresh flowers trimmed and placed in floral department. Once the department is ready for opening, I am responsible for unloading and breaking down the produce truck. Product is arranged in date order to prevent loss of produce in the cooler "warehouse."

Publix management pushes you to work hard and encourages you to make them your career. There are many different personalities that you deal with daily and learning to get along with many different people has helped me to become a better employee. Dealing with different moods can be very hard but can also be rewarding as you learn to deal with others and their differences.
Pros
Management is approachable. Great Benefits. Friendly environment
Cons
Time off requests cannot always be honored, low pay in some departments.
Ok for college students, hard to become full time
Pharmacy Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 21, 2018
Pay is alright if you're in college, but if you're trying to support a family it's very difficult. Schedules are never set, they change from week to week.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Hard to become full time, even after five years and being cross trained, very hard to get insurance as a part timer, little pay
Fun workplace
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2018
Employees are allowed to work peacefully. No one puts pressure on them to complete a task quickly because at Publix, quality matters more than quantity.
Meet a lots of people great place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 21, 2018
Some days can be stressful but other days just normal. There are lots of benefits from working there. You meet so many people. You have great mangers that can work with you most of the times.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Work weekends
Fast service and fun environment
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 20, 2018
My review is really good. The place is neat everyday and we always make the customer happy when something goes wrong. The managers are also really nice and helpful and full of fun.
face paced
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 20, 2018
Building displays checking in vendors stocking shelves ordering product for weekly sales. Hours could be long, benefits were very competitive good company .
good work enviroment
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 20, 2018
Everyone worked as a team. Everyone that works there is happy go lucky. If you don't know something then someone within you area would know the answer. Managers would check in on you to see how things were going.
It's a good starting point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
When it comes to Publix and being a Floridian, it's more or less being like a rite of passage to have worked at Publix for a short period of time and being one of the first serious jobs taken on. The company is amazing when it comes to customer service and making sure that the customer leaves happy.

When it comes the employee side of things, there is chance for advancement in the company, though it is very slim and it was often a joke that an employee had to quit or retire before one could actually get full time. With that being said? I had a good time working for them when I did, but I had to leave because I needed something more and they weren't willing to provide me with a full time position at the time.

So, if you're young and you need a decent job that can work around your hours, especially if you're a student of some kind? this would be the proper place for you to work, in my opinion.
Pros
Good starting point, many departments to work in, good reputation
Cons
Work hours fluctuate, struggle to advance, strict dress code.
Management is good, but the hours aren’t sufficient.
Bagger (Current Employee) –  Lake County, FLJuly 20, 2018
When I first started working here I was getting 20-34 hours a week. Now for the past month and a half I’ve been getting 10-15 hours a week. I’ve also asked about moving up to another position for some time and nothing more has been done.
Pros
Great people, good work environment, managers seem to care about their employees
Cons
Scheduling, advancement
Productive, Good Pay
Hand select items at varying heights, weights (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2018
Very Physical, But The Pay Is Great, Friendly Managers, Most Enjoyable Part About The Job Is You Get Paid Every Week, Nothing Is Really Bad About It I Just Want Something Less Physical
Pros
Free Lunch, Benefits
Great place to start off at.
Front Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2018
Publix offers great benefits and a flexible schedule with regular co workers that are easy to work with most of the time. It's great to start off working here and they have advancement opportunities, although you'd have to have work a long time. Depending on who your manager is, you can have a great or terrible experience.
Pros
Tips outside, benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Pay is a bit low. Managers can play favorites and be rude.
Publix where working is definitely a pleasure (sometimes)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLJuly 20, 2018
In my years of working for publix i can never say i was not satisfied, besides the Large amount of employees there that the hours must be split between so it’s very competitive there.
Pros
Dental 401k
Cons
Hours
Happy environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2018
Publix is a happy enviroment! Customers always feel welcomed and cared for! Staff is friendly and works together for the greater cause. Supports March of dimes where employees can have fun playing kickball to raise funds for these charities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss