Publix Employee Reviews

43.2K
31.6K
Found 10,611 reviews matching the search See all 10,651 reviews
warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 16, 2018
Very good company to work for the free cafeteria food is good. Management takes pride in making sure everything they can do to help you succeed is done.
Fun place to work
Front Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 15, 2018
Great place to start working, atmosphere is friendly and management does care. Opportunity for advancement once you've proven yourself. Competitive, based on a scoring system in reviews which makes you want to improve each time.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Homey Atmosphere, Good Managers, Advancement
Publix
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 15, 2018
Working here is great. Managers are great and friendly. Get along with a lot of people. I love working here even tho the summer time hours are cut back.
Pros
Discounts to places. Friendly managers.
Cons
Not enough hours. Favoritism.
Publix
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLAugust 15, 2018
Company offers good benefits as long as you are completely vested. Part-timers have no benefits. Company rather hire minors than to give the opportunity to an adult in need of a job to make end meet.
Good place to work overall
Assistant Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
I learned that Publix is a good place to work, it’s competitive, good coworkers, job advancement, great benefits, stock options, the pay is decent. Thank you.
Publix overall is amazing
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 15, 2018
If you want something challenging and self/work maintained publix is a place for you. The company offers so many benefits including the 201k and in about 10 years you can retire with half of a million dollars
Great job if looking to move up
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLAugust 15, 2018
Publix is a wonderful place to work if you are looking for advancement and benefits. As far as working short-term, the hours and pay are very unforgiving.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Low wages
Good learning and work experience
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 15, 2018
This position is mostly stocking shelves, blocking, stocking more shelves, blocking more, and helping customers in between. I liked working at Publix, just keep in mind that each location has its pros and cons.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Working on Sundays
very nice coworkres
Cake Decorator, Front Service Clerk, Grocery (Current Employee) –  Windermere, FLAugust 15, 2018
I've been in a few departments. overall the mangers in front are bossy or attitude, but co workers are the nicest. In stock clerk you have your own pace and can be a little more relaxed then a fresh dept. I like to be able to drink water freely with out breaking rules. stock clerk or cashier is my fav.
Pros
flexable pace
Cons
some managers/leads can be a personality pain
It's a kid job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2018
Unless you wanna stick it out and are not bothered by a stressful environment, then its an ok company to stay with. but other than that, and it depends more on the store, location, and management, its tough to move up through the company to make any real money so that you can live on your own. Its politics. It's who you know, not how hard you work; which is sad but true.
Pros
profit plan, stock
Cons
everything else
Best place to work
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 15, 2018
They have a wonderful store, good management, friendly staff, and fun envirnments. I have had no problems working with this company only from the fact that they didnt give me enough hours. Other than that theyre amazing.
Pros
Work place is great, management is wonderful.
Cons
No hours
Great Company. They really take care of you
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 15, 2018
Work is work, but Publix will compensate you well not only with decent pay, but all with great benefits. Flexible schedules. Perfect if you are a college student, they will even help you pay for tuition!
Fast paced
Lead Stock (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 15, 2018
It takes a couple of years to get full time benefits and made me hours. Leaders need more training to be able to train new employees..upper management need too be sure they have all training
Pros
An hour for lunch
Cons
You have too wait a couple of years
Not terrible
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLAugust 15, 2018
Must smile at all times, hardest part was Sunday after church, friendly and not so friendly co workers , favorite part was the nice customers and my coworkers I got to talk too when we weren't busy.
Pros
always on time for break
Cons
varies weekly hours
Biggest supermarket in the South
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 15, 2018
Ok place to work. Good environment. Good benefits. Not so good of a salary. Job advancement was nearly endless. Seemed as though I was always working.
Pros
good environment
Cons
low pay
I love Publix
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLAugust 14, 2018
Publix has been the best place to work. If you work hard and are persistent you have endless opportunities to advance within the company but only if the position is available. Depending on your location you may be waiting a long time for that promotion.
I think Publix is a great employer for anyone
Maid to Order/The Maid Advantage (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy'ed working for Publix but honestly I have not worked there since I became disabled back in around 2005! I am applying at Publix again! I loved playing a game with my friend who also worked with me, we tried to see how fast we can stock the shelves and it was fun, I also didn't mind any other position, bagging, bringing in carts, cleaning and even waxing the floors!!!!
Pros
Everything is great!
Cons
I dealt with disgruntled employees who treated me very bad and I was innocent!
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Ooltewah, TNAugust 14, 2018
Working at Publix helped me learned how to give excellent customer service to guess. Everyday my uniform portrayed respect and excellence at work. The greetings and and clean environment showed respect towards everyone. Great place to work, where customers felt welcome!
Pros
Benefits, free coupons
Cons
short breaks
workin place
Deli/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Treasure Island, FLAugust 14, 2018
It is a good place to work and good benefits and pay. Can advance there and will help you go back to school. You can transfer if needed. raises every 6 months
It was an ok job.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALAugust 14, 2018
You have to have the right mind set working there. They are looking for quantity as well as quality. I learned a lot about retail as well as supreme customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss