Publix Employee Reviews

First job
Deli Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALOctober 21, 2018
Had a great learning experience while in High School and when graduated. Learned a lot along with gaining a lot of friends. Had a great opportunity of coaching and training new associates.
Pros
Lots of positions to learn and the foundation for future jobs
Cons
Management changes alot
Start from Bottom
Grocery Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAOctober 21, 2018
The one thing I hate about Publix is even though you have 18 years experience in management they start you from the bottom like you can afford to take a 35,000 pay cut and be happy about that because the company is a great company to work for. I love everything about the company but how they hire management with experience. I went from managing a entire store to stocking groceries on grocery crew a waste of talent. As a company they need to do better than that.
Pros
Benefits, ownership in company
Cons
pay for Managers with experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2018
The culture and employees are wonderful but management and the customer base is deplorable. It is a good job to have while you are in school or can only work a few hours.
What I learned
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 20, 2018
I didnt learn much there except how to do my specific job that I had. They were stingy with their hours. The people who had worked there longer seemed to be the ones who got all the hours.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 20, 2018
If you show up on time clean shave stay out of trouble outside of work you have nothing to worry about. I would go back to this job if i could because great benefits the job is very easy nice people to work around and your able to move up with the right management around you.
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations
Cons
Do not get on probation
A great place to work until it isn't
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLOctober 20, 2018
Back when there was six or seven hundred stores the culture was still upbeat with a lot of good folks all pushing in the same direction. The last several years, with the massive growth into northern states the culture has changed. Kind of like what happened to Walmart. Still a good deal. Stay under the radar, take advantage of the retirement program and you can be set for life in retirement.
Overall stressful at times and exiting at the same time when it is bus, great if you are a real people personay
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 19, 2018
A typical day is filled with a variety of duties depending on which department you work in, front service is customer focused, grocery is stocking and blocking, specialized departments duties vary, hours can sometimes be erratic and management can be difficult at times
Pros
Stock and bonuses, 401k
Cons
Hours, you will be working on nights, holidays and weekends
Productive and busy
Customer Service • Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 19, 2018
Complete customer transactions on the cash register. Key duties include scanning items, applying coupons and promotional codes, checking prices, processing payments, and making change.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 19, 2018
Customers are very friendly. This environment is very fast paced and keeps you on your toes. Managers really care about what is going on with their employees.
Productive fast-paced and attentive
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 19, 2018
A typical work day for me in publix was clock in, look on the paper in back and see what I'm doing then stock and clean the aisle till l clock out and leave. Theirs four different mangers that really helpful people you work with are friendly. The hardest part of this job was stocking and cleaning the frozen aisle. The best part of the job was listening to music when the store closed that was a major help. Publix was a great job but it was repetitive and fast paced and is a good place to work for.
Good place to work if the management is good.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2018
The job would have and was really good until the new management came and ruined the working experience of everyone that the manager was in charge of for his section of the store.
Great place to work with a lot of room to move around in departments
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCOctober 19, 2018
Publix treated me well or the time I was there. It was nice to always have managers around willing to hear what's going on and to fix issues with certain problems in every department. They genuinely care for their employees and want you to do your best and don't beat around the bush when things aren't done the "Publix" way. After two years you're granted to Stocks with the company because Publix is self owned by the employees. Overall, great place for first job and the employees are well picked.
good job
Seafood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 19, 2018
good job. busy day. all standing. lots of heavy lifting. customers appreciate service. management is fairly consistent. policy is definite. good training.
Excellent for the customer, sucks to be a part timer
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  ChattanoogaOctober 18, 2018
I work in the bakery. I was hired to be an apprentice Baker, but the new manager brought their friends to the newly opened store and I was made a clerk. Immaturely I dove in head first, learning rapidly and out performing every task given. This was replaced with zero help on jobs that required two people, closing alone every night or opening every day. If there was a mistake made on a day I was not there, I was reprimanded and delegated to spread the news, such I refused.
The store is bright, cheerful and we love the customers who can actually afford to shop with us, but we aren't given the tools to help them. Today I worked ten hours, and had one break. I did not slow down from 5 am until I left at 4 pm.
I am so tired and sore when I leave, that all I can do is climb out of my car, straight to the couch when I get home. I've spent over $300 on different shoes trying to find a magic pair that will help.

Only work here if you have zero education, zero prospects
Pros
Good scheduling time off when requested
Cons
Manager
Productive and helpful to customers.
Customer Service Staff (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Where shopping is a pleasure it is definitely a pleasure to work. This company is amazing in so many ways that it makes you want to continue and grow.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 18, 2018
The work days where to long. I had to stay every day because the store was so busy and we had no help hired in. Getting a truck in almost everday was terrible.
It was a very productive place; everybody was nice and helped me out a lot.
Publix Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLOctober 18, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there; their sandwiches are great too! Getting there though was a hassle for me. I live in Miami Gardens, and it wasn't very easy to get from where I live to where my job was located. I didn't always have the proper transportation and taking the bus would have made me very late. So I decided that it wasn't the best job for me at that moment. But overall, Publix is a great place to work. The benefits are great too. I really enjoyed my time with them.
Quick paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 18, 2018
You always stay busy the whole time and you have the opportunity to move up as long as you doing what you are supposed to be doing. Sometimes management can be a pain to deal with but that's my only negative.
Pros
Fast pace work
Productive, Fast paced, Fulfilling
Stock clerk (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLOctober 18, 2018
Publix was by far one of the best jobs I ever had. Within a month and a half of working as a part-time stock clerk, I was promoted to full time and given a raise. The work load was heavy and stressful at times but if I had not moved I'm sure I'd still be working their and would have moved up with the company considerably by now.
Pros
Fulfilling work, Health benefits, Stock options
Cons
Demanding, Strict company policy
Publix is a great company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLOctober 18, 2018
Publix is a great company that gave me the chance to start working and learning the value of having my own money and being responsible. I am thankful for having the opportunity of beginning my work experience with publix.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
55.4K
43.4K
31.7K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Publix.