Publix

Publix Employee Reviews

United States18,735 reviews

Found 18,735 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,825 reviews

Okay place to work

It was a good place to work at. They have great benefits, and you can become a manager if that is your goal. The downside is dealer with rude customers but for the most part, a lot of them were nice.

Stressful but Fun

Any customer service job has its stressful moments but as long as you have a team that works together well, those stressful days won’t be as tough. Also as long as your managers are for the associates and not for themselves, you have nothing to worry about!

Publix insights

• Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Really good pay and benefits. No work life balance.

Really good pay and benefits. No work life balance. Employee retention is poor because of corporate disconnect between senior management and the retail level.

Great fun place

Great place. Great management. Enjoy working here. Flexible schedule. Room for growth. Environment is happy and friendly. Come to work here for great pay and benefits

Pay is not enough for workload

Pay for this job does not match the workload, and hours are not consistent or guaranteed if you work part time. Quality of is lacking and they are not able to keep any employees which makes it harder on those who work there.

Easy and good environment

Once you have learned the job the workload is fairly easy. It can be a pretty physical job. Management in grocery is pretty chill and supportive. You make great relationships with your co-workers. You mainly work independently while working on floats.

Bleed green for years...

I loved working at publix and was in many different positions. Was trained CSS and was promised and promised full time. Had good reviews, came in early stayed late. Came in on days off, always there to help my co-workers and managers, and after 6 years still no full time. Being in my 30s and single, you can't live off part time,let alone have no benefits.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Overworked under appreciated

So far so good

The equipment is nice. The managers are not very friendly and don’t go out if their way to introduce themselves to new employees. Coworkers are kind and helpful.

Fast paced

Fun and fast paced job. Flexible hours. Perfect for a first job, college student, or anyone looking for a part time job. I dislike some of the toxic managers, and they make it very difficult to get full time hours.

Terrible just Terrible

The managers are idiots, terrible customers and feels like doing nothing productive with your work. Don't work in retail they do not listen to you and only help them selves. And last but least the annoying music. As if anyone cares about pg playlist.

Great for high schoolers

Perfect 1st job. I started as a Cashier in high school. they worked easily with my extra curricular school team schedule. Made a lot of friends and enjoyed my time with the company

Good workplace

It’s a good first time job. Fast paced and you meet a lot of new people. The only thing that sucks is when it gets slow & you have to stand at your register for hours.

Not so great but ok

Pros:• Management takes care of issues swiftly.• Overall nice coworkers.• You will be paid the following week after you first start compared to most companies that won’t pay you for 2 weeks to a month.• you’re given a clear purpose on what you’re expected to do, training isn’t always great and can lack proper explanations though.Cons:• Gatekeeping of hours. Management hires you as part time first and you have to earn your way to full time. You can pick up hours in other departments if available, but you really shouldn’t have to. Hours can be given but they don’t reward the hardworking people, it seems to be based on popularity. Even if you beg, you might get a few more but they just drop the following week. • not enough REAL diversity. They just simply don’t have enough in their crayon box. And I’ve noticed that certain ‘types’ of people are put in certain departments and if they move, they are given very little hours. Even if they have management skills, it is never discussed with certain skin tones, where as others are deliberately launched into a ‘fast track’.I’m not saying this happens in every store or every region. However, I notice it in mine and it does bother me as a non-white individual. Gatekeeping of hours when you have someone that honestly wants to work and shows motivation is just messed up, regardless of popularity. If they’re a good employee, they’re a good employee. Publix is a good company for its region, but they are individually ran and unfortunately, not everyone is onboard with ‘all the colors of the rainbow’ and stick certain skin tones in certain -

Wish I knew then what I know now.

I genuinely enjoyed working for Publix, and had I been smart, and thinking at 20, I would have stayed with them after my maternity leave. The job wasn't bad, I was just pregnant and angry at everything. The management is hit and miss, but overall the environment is usually top tier. The only thing I will say, is unless you never aspire for management, Publix will become your life, because the company will demand you move if you become management.

Very clean. Fresh produce daily.

I enjoyed this job. The people are nice, engaging, helpful. The management at the time was unconcerned about anyone. We all felt the morale as of late was due to her and not the overall feel of the company. She was eventually moved to another store. While I agree with the practice of transfers within the company, I disagree with transfers of problematic management. People typically do not change, especially managers. Why does this person get to transfer to harass other employees?? Meanwhile the company is very strict on not transferring a problem employee.

Pros

Great, affordable benefits. Awesome employees.

Cons

No flexible schedules, unless you are part time. Transfer options need to be revamped.

Productive company to work for

Great company,great benefits ,diverse environment,smiling faces,great customer service. What sets Publix from other grocers is the fact that they actually value you.

Can be stressful, decent pay.

Can be stressful. Better starting pay than other grocery stores. Good insurance if you can get the hours. You will spend a lot of time outside if you are a bagger. Lots of exercise.

Pros

Higher starting pay.

Cons

Can be stressful.

Pay every week

Great company to work for but the management is the issues… part time doesn’t get a lot of hours. But the benefits are good!!! Stock plan is excellent!!! Have to ask for hours to make a living

Management needs Improvement

I think overall the job was okay but depending on the management and the store itself that'll dictate a lot. Sometimes you get terrible hours, sometimes they're great. They pick favorites a lot when it comes to who they allow to get away with not following specific policies and protocols, while they punish others. I don't think that certain managers play fair. Overall my experience was satisfactory.

Great place to work if you don’t need high hours, other than that great place to learn and get good retail work experience. Management usually has your best interest in mind.

Decent job

The managers at Publix are either a hit or miss. Some will be very helpful and others will make you not want to come to work. The actual job is not bad but becomes very repetitive just like anything else. Your constantly moving and working which helps kill time faster.

Common questions about Publix

Answered by current and former employees at Publix

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.9Fairygodboss Score

44%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

56%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Publix with

Publix reviews by popular job title

• Publix