Publix Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 696 reviews matching the search See all 11,979 reviews
Good while going to college
Customer Service Staff & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 17, 2019
The best perk was flexible hours for school. Every semester, I had different days off depending on my school schedule and there was rarely a problem with management.
Publix: Where working is not a pleasure
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLFebruary 16, 2019
The hardest part of this job is wanting to stay. You practically have to be a slave to the company to get full time and they give hours to their favs.
Pros
Sometimes you get a free 6 inch sandwich if a customer says something good about you.
Cons
short breaks, no opportunities for advancement, favoritism, discrimination and racism
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLFebruary 11, 2019
I didnt really enjoy my time at publix as it was not a great fit for me. too far of a commute and too many people so not enough hours available to work
Pros
quiet
Cons
not enough hours
Friendly
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hialeah, FLFebruary 7, 2019
I’ve worked in two different locations and the management team is always amazing. They offer a great deal of benefits and they’re very flexible with scheduling.
Publix is awesome!
Customer Service- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 6, 2019
You will love publix! Their products are overpriced but that's why they pay more than other grocery stores. there is lots of opportunity here to move up
Pros
great work environment
Cons
customers are ALWAYS right
Amazing first job Experience
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 5, 2019
Highly recommend Publix! Incredible experience being able to work in so many different departments and learn so much information in each one! They worked so well with my schedule and the mangers with great!
its alright
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 3, 2019
managers are terrible but customers and coworkers are great. some managers act as though they do not care about the associates abd as thugh publix is the only thing worth living for . if anyone gets a job here be prepared t live eat and breath publix. its hard for you to be in school and still work and get hours they dont really give hours like you need them too.
It was a fun first job. Learned new things and met great people. The customers were really nice too.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2019
I enjoyed working at Publix especially it being my first job. I only worked there for a couple months due to moving here to Ohio, I was definitely upset because it was such a great job. The workplace was always exciting, customers were regulars and treated everyone the same. My managers were so nice and understanding. I recommend anyone to work for Publix.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, health care and benefits.
Cons
No cons.
Cashier
Cashier and Customer Service Pharmacy (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJanuary 30, 2019
I like working for them. I left b/c I moved and I transfer and when i transfer my hours got cut so i had to find another job. I moved again and came to find my old boss and he went to a different store.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short break
Wish Publix gotten a little better
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 29, 2019
Wish they would give full time to the people that diserves it. There’s people that been working there for years and mostly of them don’t have full time. The good thing of working there that we treated each other like family.
very good opportunities
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 25, 2019
very nice place to work, different cultures, possibility of growing very fast if you put effort in you work, the managers that i have worked excellent, worked at par with you, very good benefits and guarantees your retirement when it is time to retire
Pros
good place
Cons
nice crew
Great coworkers bad managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Working at Publix was nice at first until they begin making help out in other departments. They will schedule you for another department without even asking if it’s ok. The managers are very two faced they’ll tell you one thing and act like another. I am about ready to quit after a year because they seem to care more about customers than their employees.
Pros
Work with your availability
Cons
Managers
Good place to work with flexible hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working at publix because i got to interact with different people everyday and it showed me how to preform great customer service. I also enjoyed making friends with my co workers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management
OK place to work at, if you’re ok with constant scrutiny
Bagger/cashier/customer service clerk (Current Employee) –  Apex, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Publix CAN be a good place to work depending on your manager and your store. I moved from a central Florida store to a brand new NC store and wow, the difference is insane. In Florida everyone is chill and it was a super good work environment that made you feel like you were cared for as the employee apart from few bad managers or team leaders. But now in NC, the store I’m at has several good managers but also several brand new managers that still don’t know how to properly handle things. I am expected to devote my life to Publix or just quit. There is no in between. And because the expectations are naturally so high, if you are reaching expectations, there is no reward. And let me tell you, Publix expectations are ridiculous. Yes, it makes for a great store, but it is very much so at the expense of the employees. Good people are abused and bad people are encouraged to do better. There’s really no winning and you’re never good enough. I also have people at the same job class as me that have been working for Publix for months whereas I have years at the company and they decide to tell me what to do and sarcastically correct me. I started crying like a child to my team Leader and CS manager yesterday because of how poorly I’ve been treated since this store opened. I miss my FL store so much. Everyone in the northern states, I realize there is more competition, but ya’ll need to chill the heck out. It’s retail, not life and death.
Also I would like to mention the fact that for my three years at Publix I now make the minimum wage as a cashier. I made much higher than the minimum
  more... wage beforehand, but then they raised the minimum wage and instead of being bumped fairly based on my experience and past time at Publix, I was raised 30¢ to the minimum wage. So now people who have just been hired will make the same that I do. Seems fair.  less
Pros
Long breaks, able to request time off and most likely be given it, Great benefits once you’re an adult and stay with the company
Cons
Unfair treatment, ridiculous expectations, no fair pay for people who have been with the company longer than others
productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Set up work space, I get to learn, understand and communicate to my everyday customers. The manager's are very friendly, communicate well and keep us at the top of our game by correcting us if we have any wrong doings. Co-workers are very friendly. Communication to each and every customer correctly. Meeting new people every single time I work is the best part of m workday.
An amazing work space
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Publix is an amazing place to work. people there are so nice so respect just everything. management are nun thing but amazing people that take care of there co workers.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
no cons
Busy, stressful sometimes relaxed
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Publix was a good job while I was in high school, but once I got in college it just wasn’t enough money for me. Honestly I feel like everybody has a different work experience with Publix depending on your location. We’re I worked it was a lot of old people who were extremely rude n thought the world revoled around them. Not only that manegment was fake, not understanding what so ever. We got in trouble over the stupidest things. They didn’t want us talking to each other they wanted us to stand in the front of our registeres like soilders. Not only that but they would love to tell you what your not doing and be quick to put you down about something u didn’t do but when you do something good you get no rewards or reconigtion for it. Overall my three years working there got worse and worse every year..I can gladly say I hated that job.😉
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Fake management, not enough pay
Very good place to work if you don't mind the hours and shifts.
Cashier/Customer Service, Cook/Aprons (Current Employee) –  Indian Land, SCJanuary 12, 2019
Very good place to work if you don't mind the hours and shifts. The work environment is very customer oriented, which draws a good clientele and makes for happy customers. This makes the work environment more pleasant.
great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJanuary 11, 2019
I assist coupons shoppers,
check out balance checks
I worked in different departments when was needed
. I stock the stock shelves and completed inventory
Pros
great customer services
Cons
busy store
Love Working Here
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 11, 2019
Working here for the past 4 years has been a very good experience for me. It has given me communication skills and has opened me up to other skills I didn't know I already had. I hope to grow even more with Publix.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

55.7K
43.6K
31.9K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight