Publix Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJuly 17, 2018
Publix is a great place whether it’s a first time job or a career your trying to build in. I would recommend working anywhere’s in the customer service area.
Pros
flexible hours & nice uniform
Cons
no discounts
Wonderful if you want minimal hours
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCJuly 17, 2018
I loved working for publix, until the store I worked at hired more than 50 people to work in the front end. This caused major upset due to the lack of hours some (including me) needed in order to cover the bills.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Minimal to no hours
Publix
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
At Publix, I made sure that customers had everything they needed and if not, I helped them find any item they are missing. Also, I made sure they felt welcomed and had a pleasure shopping at Publix.
Clean work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2018
Meeting new people was a pro of the job. A con was the repetitive nature of the job along with remaining in one place for four to five hours at a time.
Cons
Inconsistency in weekly schedule
Productive and non stressful environment.
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, FLJuly 11, 2018
Publix is a great place to work especially if you are young amd still in school. Very flexible schedules as well as very easy to call out and be replaced.
dont work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 9, 2018
the managemnt is HORRIBLE . you can work here for years but the bottom line is if youre not in the popular clique you will NEVER advance , unless youre the worlds best butt kisser. If they dnt like you or you call out they will cut your hours to 5 a week .
Productive & fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAJuly 3, 2018
Working at Publix makes you feel at home. Your managers care & you care for your customers. The benefits are fantastic and it’s a very friendly workplace.
publix 5 years
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE OFFICE STAFF (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2018
Cashiered and Bagged groceries for 8 hours a day 5 days a week
learned customer service skills
management was fair
workplace culture was upbeat and positive
hardest part of job was dealing with angry customers
most enjoyable part was parties and fun coworkers
Pros
free lunches, tuituion reimbursment
Cons
healthcare
where sooping is a pleasure
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2018
its a great place towork when years gobye you not only gain benifits but gain a family, the people are great the cusoners are great,, well some of them and the management are great !
Decent experience for retail
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Casselberry, FLJune 29, 2018
Great start as a first job in customer service. You get the real experience of customers and working with other people. It can be rough during summer days with the heat with no water breaks. Constant working and they demand you always be doing something productive.
Pros
1 hour breaks, parties, benefits
Cons
Long hours, no holiday pay, favoritism, breaks rules for customer satisfaction
Very busy location
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 29, 2018
Depending on the location your choose. I worked in Gwinnett and it was very racist. Managers would never give hours to certain race. A typical day was being on your feet all day I learned pretty much of everything but you have to ask and want to learn they have not problem giving you what you need to succeed. The hardest part of the day is when you worked all day running around the store and cashiering, collecting,baskets in the parking lot and you have to close and clean up the entire store. I felt a cleaning service should of been hired for that. The most enjoyable part was the customers and learning how to use those coupons I never had to get off work fight through traffic and grocery shop later.
Pros
You save money on groceries
Cons
You never have a set schedule and no full time positions
Amazing Company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLJune 28, 2018
I worked for Publix during college, and they were friendly, flexible, and compensated well. The job was easy and enjoyable. My favorite part was during tourist season when the store was busy and the hours flew by.
Pros
Fair wages, flexible hours
Boring and tiring
Cashier and Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 28, 2018
A typical day, you are always on your toes, dealing with potato brain customers. I learned that the customer is mostly wrong. Depending on the department managers, you can have a good or bad time. The hardest part of the job is finding something to do without sweating buckets. There is nothing enjoyable about this job, would never recommend.
Pros
The company benifits
Cons
Work gets boring and tiring after an hour
overall great company
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2018
after working for 3 years, starting with $8 and now being $10 im just not satisfied and cant live off of that. It's a great company to jumpstart your career though definitely.
Friendly fast paced great customer service skills I could be used in all departments
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAJune 23, 2018
I highly enjoyed the atmosphere and enjoyed being a team leader.Im very friendly and have a great Attitude.Other crew members where always there to lend a helping hand.I got to learn and rotate many different positions.
Harsh
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 21, 2018
I worked so hard here it it never really did much I had letter from customers and changed operating procedures with new ideas and it never gotbme anywhere careerwise there was blatent favoritism and people who didn't work still got ahead of harder workers
Pros
Stock 401k
Cons
Hard work no advancement poor management
Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2018
Team Player Workplace. not sure what to write here. A day at Publix is helping people with there needs whatever it my be whether it be checking groceries out or helping them find something. I like to alway's keep myself busy. Helping others is what I do.
Enjoyable customer centered place to work
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJune 18, 2018
Publix was a good place to work in retail. Customer centered and based. Plenty of opportunities for advancements and employee owned so chances for management.
Pros
Flexible Hours, a Diverse set of people to work with, benefits, employee onlystock
Cons
Unpredictable schedules and hours, Hit or Miss in management
Awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJune 16, 2018
Apply here if you want to be overworked and mistreated. Management will not fire you but will cut your hours, and give you nothing but cleaning shifts and never explain why.
Very busy store
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 15, 2018
I was in a very busy store and stayed very busy.
Moved after 3 or 4 hours to a different register which was a great change of scenery. Being on express was very fast paced and I enjoyed it. Store manager GREAT. Very hands on and approachable.
Pros
busy store
Cons
busy store

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.