Publix Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 623 reviews matching the search See all 10,956 reviews
nice to work at when you’re having a good day but needs a lot of fixing
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ocoee, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Publix is a good place to work to have as a first job but you really have to work for a few years to actually gain any benefits for the company . The customers are really spoiled with all the coupons they get & the bogos & the publix promise is abused .
Pros
you get paid
Cons
poor management spoiled customers
Not a fun working place
Customer Service Staff/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 12, 2018
It can be very stressful working at Publix. I've learned a lot on how to interact with people and how to solve problems in a productive way. Publix managers have been helpful when i need a helping hand.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no discounts, no free lunch
N/a
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Publix is a good start for young adults learning work ethic and responsibility. Or, for retirees who want to get out of the house and occupy their time. Any one ambitious, and don't require to be told what to do, or is accustomed to being trusted to know the right and proper thing to do to resolve issues and support customer's would find this job limiting.
great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 10, 2018
I worked as a cashier and liked it, The people were friendly and the co workers were great. Hardest part was the hours some morning and then some nights. you close and open the next day
Pros
loved the deli
Cons
hated the close at night and open in the morning
Fun place to work
Customer Service Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 9, 2018
I love working at Publix. There's great benefits you can get once you've worked long enough. Most everyone is friendly and a joy to be around. Nice long breaks too.
Pros
Friendly coworkers.
Cons
Not so friendly managers.
I love working
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 8, 2018
I love working and i am very happy for working and I am very nice in work and respectful for company and I so happy in work and I have respectful for my clients
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shirk break
I loved my job at Publix, the whole environment was on a friend/working cohort basis, everyone supported each other for a happy public in the end
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Johnson Ferry, East CobbSeptember 7, 2018
Everyone greeted each other with a smile and a "good morning, afternoon or evening". Everyone concurred that we enjoyed our jobs at Publix.

There is a camaraderie among the employees and management. We all realized that Publix has an exceptional reputation and we are individually a part of why our Publix is so strong.
Pros
A strong work ethic among the front end staff
Cons
healthcare non existent
fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 5, 2018
If you like to work hard and have a chance to move up the ladder of success than this place is for you make sure you prove yourself and that you can handle a better position
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
It’s an okay place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ALAugust 30, 2018
I liked Publix but then I didn’t my mangment team changed and I had rude management and I didn’t get consistent hours all the time they would get mad at you for something and cut your hours.
Okay company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 29, 2018
The company was a good place to work but the people there do not care if everyone succeeds. The hours and pay were horrible. Some weeks I would have 40 hours and others i would barely get 20, even after working there for 2 years.
Not bad. Not great.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 27, 2018
Ok place to work for a bit, but it gets repetitive fast and you ability to advance is most likely capped to a point.. It's a good job that wants to take over your life and it will if you let it.
Great for a first job while still in school
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 19, 2018
Great for a first job while still in school and living at home. Learned important customer service skills and how to work as a team in what can be a fast paced and stressful environment.
Great company to work for and a lot of benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 17, 2018
I liked my job and I was glad Publix finally came to Knoxville. They have competition and people are not familiar with this store like they are in Florida
Where I worked was a low volume store so the down side to working there was not enough hours.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Not enough hours
It’s a good first time job or just a benfits job for full time
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
They mostly make you start at the bagger or cashier. You really don’t get promoted. You mostly ask to do the job you want to do and you get it. That it really. I really enjoy working there. And I make 10.65 a hour for 3 years. You do get a party every 5 years. And you make a lot of good friends too. Working at Publix is really fun at it time. But when you are new they do like to make you clean a lot.
Pros
Frendly work evierment
Cons
No discount on food.
Publix
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLAugust 15, 2018
Working here is great. Managers are great and friendly. Get along with a lot of people. I love working here even tho the summer time hours are cut back.
Pros
Discounts to places. Friendly managers.
Cons
Not enough hours. Favoritism.
Okay company
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2018
This company is okay, it’s not the best but I appreciate working there because it helps to pay my bills. If I get enough hours to be able too,my store managers are rude,mean and judgmental.
Publix
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2018
The best place to work, weekly paycheck, great hourly salary, flexible , cell phone discount, mangers every thing about publix was wonderful no complaints
Good experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 11, 2018
Typical Day at work was enjoyable
I learned customer service
My location the management changed a lot
This is a good place to work for high school and college students
Productive professional at all times and greeting with a smile three feet all times with professional customer services at all times as well etc.
CASHIER/SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 9, 2018
All of the above five star the best in the business, shopping is definitely a pleasure! Amen
We as team work keep on growing and supportive systems in the workplace cultures
Etc.
Being on time always and accurately at all times the excellent customer services all times on clock off clock as well amen....
Pros
Free lunches etc.
Cons
Short breaks.
It was ok
Cashier Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 7, 2018
I love Publix, I am honestly tired of working for it. It becomes monotones and eventually the light inside of you dies. Overall working for Publix is not bad for a high school job, or even as an after retirement option. But I am just finally tired of working there, especially with the managers that I deal with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
55.2K
43.3K
31.7K

Diversity score

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Publix.

Powered by Comparably