Publix Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 655 reviews matching the search See all 11,418 reviews
Great!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 5, 2018
Great place to work overall. Just needs to work on getting discounts for the employees.Great employees, good pay (depends on how many hours you get per week). Everybody is nice.
Pros
everything
Cons
No discounts for workers.
Nice place to work under the right team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hudson, FLNovember 5, 2018
When there is a well developed team that works together well this job is wonderful and extremely rewarding but it can also be extremely draining when the team fails.
Depends on management and your situation in life
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLOctober 31, 2018
I was going to college for the first time and wanted to get a job while adjusting to college from high school just to be able to get some money and get a taste of the real world. I have mixed emotions on my experience at Publix. Without a doubt I'm forever grateful for Publix giving me my first ever job, and my peers helped me no matter what and most of the customers treated me kindly. However, the management and corporate side of Publix forced me to quit. I was a first time, full time college student trying to balance school and work 32 hours a week. I would constantly ask my managers to reduce my hours but it would always increase and I was working more than the adults who had families and bills to pay whereas I had nothing. Publix teaches positive and great work ethic as well as how to properly treat customers, however it could be a challenge working there if you don't have solid managers and if you hate being treated badly by mean customers and don't like feeling defenseless.
Pros
Productive, mostly friendly environment, good benefits
Cons
Managers, instability at times
Productive workplace with a friendly enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 31, 2018
Publjx was a great first job especially as a high schooler. The managers at the time were friendly and understanding. I’d recommend to a friend based on my experience a few years ago.
Pros
Flexible, management, employees, enviroment
Cons
Pay
publix
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLOctober 25, 2018
Shopping at publix is a pleasure but working there is a different experience. I worked at publix for 18 years and I rarely received a raise. The managers were disgusting. They never cared about their employees. Working at publix was quite an experience but overall it was okay because of the excellent customers. There are good people out there. I would not recommend anyone to work at publix long term because it is not worth the headache.
Awesome workplace with very informative managers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALOctober 25, 2018
I really loved working here. It was a great experience and iv'e learned a lot. The scheduling is super flexible. The culture is so loving and superior.
Pros
great attitudes
Cons
no discounts on products
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 23, 2018
It was a fun environment to be around love with that I was working with just need to have more hours and better pay and up the security more. Customers are great to talk with
Productive Work place but the managers could not fix hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAOctober 23, 2018
Liked coming in and being greeted and learning the ropes of “customer service” but after training the hours really lacked between all publix co workers
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
No free sandwiches
fun
Barista/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 22, 2018
of all the jobs i had publix was the best. i met a lot of great people there. even though work gets stressful as employees we got each other through it.
Nothing good about this place.
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLOctober 21, 2018
I saw Publix go from an "ok" place to work to a complete disaster. Very bad and unprofessional management. Low pays/ wages, low hours to work. Almost not benefits, not hope of ever becoming full time. This place became very unconsidered with its employees and is never grateful to them. Only treats employees as slave-force. Very stressful place to be at.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 20, 2018
The culture and employees are wonderful but management and the customer base is deplorable. It is a good job to have while you are in school or can only work a few hours.
Productive and busy
Customer Service • Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 19, 2018
Complete customer transactions on the cash register. Key duties include scanning items, applying coupons and promotional codes, checking prices, processing payments, and making change.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 19, 2018
Customers are very friendly. This environment is very fast paced and keeps you on your toes. Managers really care about what is going on with their employees.
Quick paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 18, 2018
You always stay busy the whole time and you have the opportunity to move up as long as you doing what you are supposed to be doing. Sometimes management can be a pain to deal with but that's my only negative.
Pros
Fast pace work
Its a fair job
Bagger/Cashier/customer service (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2018
I find this job to be fair. I learned that everyone works together. Management is good. The employees get along good. The hardest part was getting used to being up so late. The most enjoyable part was making the customer feel welconme
It was a great place to work!
Customer Service Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLOctober 16, 2018
Excellent stock and health benefits. The opportunity to advance is great. The company will provide you with flexible hours if you are student or pursuing another career.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Working various shifts
Great benefits , good pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 16, 2018
Publix is a great company to grow with. Great benefits, stock , good pay. Some management is very poor. A lot of workers are stuck up and bullying is quite present from time to time. Customers take advantage all the time just to get what they want.
Awesome
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLOctober 15, 2018
I love working for Publix. It was such a great expieeience for me. Everyone was truly a family and the makers were great. I’m sad I had to leave them I definitely regret it.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLOctober 14, 2018
Not only is Publix is a place where shopping is a pleasure but working is too. Sometimes the environment is stressful but only on busy days. Very flexible for college students or parents needing work with flexible hours
Six years well spent
Customer Service Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulf Shores, ALOctober 13, 2018
I gave six years to this company and I watched people come and go. The lessons I've learned are; have fun and enjoy your job, if there is a problem speak up, love what you do and do what you love, go after the things you want and don't let fear stop you, and finally keep in mind that if you can't handle certain situations without going off the handle then this may not be the company for you.
Pros
Atmosphere, salary, and benefits
Cons
Company policies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Publix.

Powered by Comparably