Publix Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

It was a job
Publix Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 21, 2018
Wouldn’t go back, said it was employed own and they never asked our opinion . Always changing things and everyone wasn’t on the same page. One would tell you one thing and another would tell you something else
Pros
Customer
Cons
Upper management
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 20, 2018
job is a very good place to work always busy never a dull moment the work with you and are very compassionate. work was very easy routine management had open door policy
Pros
easy work
Management does not care about your disability, no matter if it affects your work or not.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Going into work was fine before I was diagnosed with vertigo/migraines. I worked in the deli, so I already had a rough go each shift before I was able to communicate to management that I had just been seen by my physician and my physician recommended that I be moved to the front service area due to light/sound sensitivity and overexertion in the deli. I was out of work for two months unable to return before HR shrugged and told me they couldn't accommodate me.
Pros
Some stability, required breaks.
Cons
poor communication, favoritism, lack of teamwork, selfishness, harassment
ok
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCSeptember 18, 2018
i would of stayed but nothing got better over the months. I worked in the Deli department, honestly one of the hardest departments. It was hard for me to get a break and even go to the bathroom because we were so short staffed. No one would stay, once people would notice how hard it was to work behind the counter they up and quit. And never go home on time.
You need to be available open to close if you want hours
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2018
Most days are very fast paced which I enjoyed They do not allow us to drink water while we are working which can be difficult on a hot day. The staff at the front end were all good people
Pros
Getting free publix stock if you work 1000 hours a year
Cons
The rules change depending on who you working with on that shift
Ok pay, very political
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FloridaSeptember 14, 2018
Been working here for a year. I work my butt off in the deli and know every aspect of it. Full time is a joke unless the store manager loves you. Hard work and knowing how to do your job correctly does not matter. You could be a chimp with supreme customer service skills and get a full time position. If you come in when asked, never call out, stay late to help out, work fast, follow protocol it doesn't matter unless you win the store manager over with charm and butt kissing, you will not get full time. They will raise the pay scale per hour and a new associate that started 2 days ago will make as much as you do per hour after the raises you've received, they do not adjust that, very unfair. Part timers take on the load of hard work while full timers sit back, relax and act like they are so much better than you.
Pros
401 k after 6 months, stock after 1 year
Cons
Full time is very hard to get, very little hours, no acknowledment for a great job done
overall job
Deli- Mixer Operator (Current Employee) –  lakeland, floridaSeptember 12, 2018
Its a gret place to work, i just like more hours. I have been there for several years, and enjoy the people i work with. However I came from a background of unlimited overtime and we are not allowed that at Publix
Pros
free lunch
Cons
more overtime
Shopping is a pleasure at Publix
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 11, 2018
A typical day in the deli at Publix was pretty smooth especially if you were trained well. You basically would prepare for your shift clocking in and washing your hands. If there is a customer waiting to be served, you are expected to help them immediately. Once your shift is over, you must make sure that all of the task required of you are completed.
Loved interacting with my customers
Deli Clerk (Delicatessen Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Overall I loved my job but it was a very fast paced work environment there were a lot of days where it was almost too much to bear but I hung in there for 7 years because of my regular customers.
Pros
Stock options
Cons
Short breaks
Worth your time. Every time.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 10, 2018
Publix is a great place to work for with some of the best employee benefits possible, like health insurance, 401k, a strong stock market, a good chance to get a raise and move up on the employee ladder if you actually work or try for a management position.
Pros
New deals every week
Cons
Schedule isn't always persistent
Toxic Work Environment Poorly Managed
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Brunswick, GA 31525September 10, 2018
Publix itself is not a bad company at all to work for but this location is poorly managed and it's employees exploited. I wouldn't recommend working at this store.
Pros
401k retirement plan and great health coverage after one year anniversary
Cons
irregular schedule, constant callouts, favoritism, poorly managed
Good culture
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Multiple LocationsSeptember 10, 2018
Management is hit or miss, the bigger revenue stores are better run and get the hours and resources they need. Working at a small store and a huge store, the discrepancy between the two in terms of management quality is huge.
They lie to you.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 10, 2018
It was a terrible Experience. Being hired as full tome and getting 10 or less hours a week. Some times tjey would have me come in for just 2 hrs. Waste of time and gas to at over there.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Everything else
Overall Publix used to be a good company to work for.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 7, 2018
Publix was a good company to work for before some of the initial bricks that were made to build the company were taken apart. This company seems good on the outside but they overwork their employees and show little effort to show appreciation of what the employees actually did to make them feel comfortable at the job. Honestly to me it seemed like you had to be best friends with the manager besides the skills you held. Honestly to me it seemed like you had to overwork yourself and not get enough rest to make the simply blinded managers happy or to get promoted.Now don’t get me wrong not all of the managers are like that but the managers that aren’t like that I understand how the regular employees feel
Pros
Vision insurance, health insurance, 401(k) and stock. Also this is a very good opportunity for a student
Cons
Unstable hours, bad communication, endless changes. This would not be a very good opportunity for adults with real life bills
productive work place
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 6, 2018
great place to work, especially as a first job, great benefits and flexible hours. the most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits especially the stock options.
Publix is good but not the Deli
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Hixson, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Working in the Deli is horrible if you are not older women. If you are not 40 or above you will likely have a hard time. If you are not full time you will consistently have your hours cut.
Pros
Costumers are great
Cons
Cut hourd
Discrimination
Deli clerk (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables and Fort LauderdaleSeptember 5, 2018
I worked in Deli´s department in 2 different Publix Store. Both was given promoted and benefits according the country you are coming. The last one, the manager uses to give me 5 hours weekly to work. I got make a complain to the General manager, he just fixedwithher giving me 11 hours weekly and after my seasonal period, no hired me anymore and all Publix nearby me was advised not contract me because that General Manager toldthem I am a problem girl.
Pros
No prós
Cons
No full time, no answers from HR, no chances to grow in your company.
Grocery work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 5, 2018
Work is tedious. Good focus on customer. Not much communication on expectations. Need to be noticed by managers, but hard to be an exceptional worker. Better have social/political skills.
Pros
$100 per week Health Insurance
Cons
Tedious
Poor management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 4, 2018
There is extreme favoritism working for this company. I was constantly bullied, along with many of the other associates in my department, by my manager. A lot of the department managers are incompetent, but since they had been there forever, nothing was ever done about their behavior. I have insanely good customer service skills and every product I ever produced was up to standard, yet I was constantly targeted for personal reasons and not for my actual work performance.
Values
Deli Clerk/Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 3, 2018
The company has a strong core value. They give back to community. They try to give a balanced life. They give you stock in the company. they help you strive for advancement
Pros
Stock
Cons
drive time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
55.2K
43.3K
31.7K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

72out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Publix.