Publix Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Found 1,307 reviews matching the search See all 11,479 reviews
Face-Paced
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLNovember 16, 2018
I worked in the deli. It was always busy no matter what time, always something to do. It was very competitive in the fact of moving up in the company and very cut-throat. But the store managers were very involved in the way of the employees around them with offering employee of the month and competitions between the departments and offering luncheons.
Pros
Employee owned company
Cons
Cut-throat competition
Deli associate
Deli and Aprons Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GANovember 15, 2018
Responsibilities included slicing meats, preparing chicken, making sandwiches, stocking items. I was always pleasant to the customers and some would only come on days that I was working.
Pros
Greeting customers
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work, hard to get in but excellent benefits.
Publix, Citrus Hills - Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Citrus Hills, FLNovember 15, 2018
fast-paced work never slows great team ethic with great managers who join with you on the sales floor. I learned how to handle customers properly and how to keep with the flow during peak hours.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough hours
Customer Friendly
Deli clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2018
I love the people that work there! There is always someone to help me find whatever I am needing at the time. Everything is kept neat and organized and easy to see labels.
Pros
incentives
Cons
inconsistent breaks
A fast paced work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 14, 2018
Publix Deli isn't for everyone. Theres a reason why 70% of people quit there first week. Its incredible fast paced. Requires hard work to keep customers happy. The ordering system in the deli is inefficient so it requires more speed to make up for that.
Cons
Short Breaks
Publix is a part of my family
DELI ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2018
Publix is a daily task, to ensure the customers are satisfied. To make sure that the customer request has been meet, completed in a timely manner. Learn about the cooking, inventory,counts and replenishing goods on the floors.
Great company to work for
Deli Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Five Forks, SCNovember 14, 2018
The managers are very easy and accommodating to your needs and if you need to ever talk to them they're there for you. The company is very flexible when you need to make adjustments to your schedule if something comes up during life occurrences and they train you very well. Overall I did have a really good experience working at Publix although as a little far drive for me location wise but I did enjoy the employees are worked with and the managers that I had.
Pros
Easy to talk to managers
Cons
Not enough pay
Great Store to work at
Seasonal Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 12, 2018
Great management and company to work for. I really wished it was not a seasonal job and was permanent. I loved working for and shopping at Publix. Working at Publix made me a loyal shopper.
Pros
Great company policies
Cons
Seasonal only
Review
Deli/Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nocatee, FLNovember 12, 2018
Good part time job but the work life balance is really bad. You will have to close then open or open then close. Very safe and clean environment though.
too stressful
DELI WORKER (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 11, 2018
It was very difficult to work for this company and have a good family home life. They want you available to them any time, forget it if you have children that need time.
Nice and easy place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 8, 2018
It’s a nice place to work . The only con I had was picky customers. If you work there or use to work there you would know exactly what I mean by that .
Pros
Pay
Cons
Customers
A great Place to Work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLNovember 8, 2018
Publix is a great place to work. There is a family atmosphere among the employees and the customers are grest to work with. Schedules are completely flexible.
Decent place to work
Deli Clerk/Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALNovember 4, 2018
stressful long hours sometimes without breaks. they managers too quickly. district manager is awful and no one ever relays information. working here is okay but only if you can deal with a ton of stress and being treated awful at times.
The people that work there are great people. They are nice.
Publix Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLNovember 4, 2018
The people there are good people, Management is nice but definitely undertrained. They would rather hire a bunch of kids 16-17 right out of highschool then to promote people who invest 40 hours a week. They don't want to give you benefits.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Will work you like a slave, Will not work with mental doctornotes or if something life changing happens your screwed.
Great Place
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 3, 2018
Publix is a great place to work. They have benefits and even small incentives for employees. My favorite was the monthly employee appreciation gift card. Publix also purchase stock for the employee. Quite a few people who retire from Publix retire as millionaires.
Pros
Care for Employees. Employee Stock
Cons
rude customers
great place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLNovember 2, 2018
Publix is a good place to work as far as to being involve with the customers. i enjoyed the learning about the different meats and giving advise between the publix brand or the booards head brand
Pros
wish they had discount for employees
Cons
stock is good
deli clerk
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Publix but I was not getting enough hours and the supervisors were not understanding the needs of the associates. Some people were not properly trained and managers would on give you 20-25 hours a week and that is not allot to live off of.
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 2, 2018
positive environment with good opportunities to advance. Stores are very clean and structured. Everything is done by the book here and at every publix store.
Good pay
Deli Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Treasure Island, FLNovember 1, 2018
This is a good place to work great pay and benefits. Advancement in company and good raises.Can transfer to different stores as well. Meet fun people.
Love Publix!
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FL 34134November 1, 2018
Great place to work, great place to work for!! They ARE THE SUPERMARKET OF SUPERMARKETS!! ...difficult to be hired as anything other than a seasonal employee. Need to raise wages...
Pros
Great co, good benefits
Cons
Need to raise pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
55.5K
43.4K
31.8K

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss