Publix Employee Reviews for Grocery Associate

Found 482 reviews matching the search See all 11,610 reviews
Publix
Grocery Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Melbourne, FLDecember 1, 2018
the managment was terrible always punishing anyone who would have an emergency at home or if they were sick by giving less hours the following week...
Relax
grocery clerk /receiver (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 28, 2018
Its been a while not sure really. But thing I would say is publix is better in a certain things than whole foods. Nice place to work after all. Lots of things has changed since I left.
Pros
Recognition
Productive place to work with many benefits and room to grow.
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLNovember 27, 2018
As a stock clerk i was responsible of unloading incoming shipments and place them organized in the recommended places. A lot of customer interaction and over all a very comfortable and fun place to work.
Pros
Benefits, Friendly co-workers
Stressful and poor pay
Grocery Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCNovember 22, 2018
There are never enough people working, the upper management doesn't like having a lot of workers. They overwork the knowledgeable people. I have been there on and off 26 years and barely make $14 hour. I love the people I work with and most of the time I enjoy the job. I wish they would give more PT benefits and reinstate bonuses. It is nice that you can change departments to get more experience.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Stock
Cons
No Benefits for PT, FT benefits take forever to accrue, no person days
Overall excellent company in regards to benefits
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 18, 2018
The management can be overwhelming and immature. The amount of drama that takes place within some areas is nonsensical and irrelevant to the work goal
Benefits
Cons
Inconsistent managment
Fast paced work environment,
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 12, 2018
Work in a fast paced work environment, Adapted to a changing work environment as every day learning new things. Worked well as a team member with fellow co workers. Assisted with a variety of customers with different needs.Assisted with duties that needed to be completed by deadlines. Enjoyed the environment and learning new things.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Stressful at times
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ocean Isle Beach, NCNovember 7, 2018
Being the third grocery store I have worked at, Publix by far has been the best. I look forward to going to work and it is really like a family. Everyone helps you and everyone is really friendly and approachable. Would recommend.
Pros
Pay, laid back
Cons
Sometimes managers are vague and hard to find.
Terriable managers
Grocery (Current Employee) –  Madison AlabamaOctober 17, 2018
The managers don’t care about your outside life at work. Super understaffed can Barley get time off. Managers always want you to make sure customers are happy but they are down your throat when you are not doing your job cause you are helping a customer.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Managers, time off request, lack of workers.
I love publix
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2018
Regret leaving publix. One of the best jobs I had. Working at publix was like working with a big family. I would recommend applying to publix for anyone 14 and up!
Inconsistant Hours/Low Pay and horrible Management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2018
Publix is no longer the job of choice unless your young and need a job. This place used to be a great place, but now, not so. The worst is the pay, the second worst is the inconsistent hours they want, can't plan anything when they want a few hours a day from you, works for them, but now for us.
Pros
No pros here anymore
Cons
Low Pay, Low Hours, Treated Poorly, Not Good Job for Seniors anymore, Inconsistant everything
My First Job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 12, 2018
I always had the night shift and left really late and next morning I had school early and I think that the hardest part for me was leaving at 1 or 2 in the morning to go home sleep 4-5 hours and go back to school. There is nothing to enjoy in the job unless your associates or yourself make it enjoyable. Some manager are annoying other are good then other are really cool as any person. This being my first job I can say I learned a lot and mature with this job. I became more responsible, organize, dependent, etc... Also I learned to better communicate with other people and learned how to react if something bad happens or in case of an accident.
We are a family gets along
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Publix it’s been a fun ride. Never thought I would like a job so much. The people are awesome. I have a cool manager. I deal with some of the same or even different people everyday.
Pros
Different things
Cons
Hard to move up
Team building skills, culture, good management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 2, 2018
Publix is a great career path for anyone to start on. It has a great foundation of culture and continues to grow. Publix is also creating new locations in states outside of Florida which opens many fast paced job advancements. Publix also cares for its employees just as much as their guests that shop in their stores.
Pros
Good Career path, great culture, better than average starting pay
Cons
Hours as part time can be inconsistent yet fixed which makes getting a second job harder than usual
Publix needs better Managers
Grocery Stock Clerk / Seafood/ Floors (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 1, 2018
Publix needs better Managers. One's who keep their Word to their Employee's. Employee's who go "Above and Beyond" for Publix Customers should be given Full Time Employment. Not kept at Part`time status
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
Unprofessional Managers
Ftw
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 1, 2018
I love Publix. From my experience working in both the deli and grocery departments working with this company means loving your customers. When you look forward to clocking in every day work is easy.
Pros
Subs
Cons
Good company to work for
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 29, 2018
Great benefits but you only get the full benefit of it if you are fulltime. Good management team will make a pleasant working experience. Great customer service is a company standard
Pros
Benefits, wages
Cons
Unqualified management
awesome work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 24, 2018
able to get your job done in time. managers assist if need be. Working at publix changed my life. Great experience for me. I was able to work in an environment were i can help custermers and focus on my job.
Pros
the job experience and how i do my job
Cons
managment telling you what to do everyday
Publix that I worked for sucked!!!!!
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton FloridaSeptember 22, 2018
When I first started at Publix , it was great! I loved the management and Co- workers! Now there’s favoritism and bullying!! They took away bonuses except managers! The pay isn’t enough to live on ! And you have to have open availability in order to get full time! Even though trucks are at the store by 5 am ! It don’t matter how hard you work when managers have their favorites and will give them full time over the ones who have been there longer! Even if you work your days off to cover for call outs or holidays! I HATE that store!!
Pros
Nice customers!!
Cons
Favoritism and bullying
Flexible schedule
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Part time - Great for high school and college student that live at home with parents and don't have a lot of bills to pay. A typical day at work, you come in your manger tells you your duties for the day complete those and you will be OK. Provide premier customer service while on the floor to the customers.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
healthcare, hours
Publix
Grocery Clerk/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLSeptember 22, 2018
The environment of the store was overall good. The hours were good for me and I liked working with the other employees.
The benefits are good and they were good with giving hours to their associates

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Publix.

Powered by Comparably