Publix Employee Reviews for Grocery Associate

Found 474 reviews matching the search See all 11,252 reviews
Terriable managers
Grocery (Current Employee) –  Madison AlabamaOctober 17, 2018
The managers don’t care about your outside life at work. Super understaffed can Barley get time off. Managers always want you to make sure customers are happy but they are down your throat when you are not doing your job cause you are helping a customer.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Managers, time off request, lack of workers.
Inconsistant Hours/Low Pay and horrible Management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 14, 2018
Publix is no longer the job of choice unless your young and need a job. This place used to be a great place, but now, not so. The worst is the pay, the second worst is the inconsistent hours they want, can't plan anything when they want a few hours a day from you, works for them, but now for us.
Pros
No pros here anymore
Cons
Low Pay, Low Hours, Treated Poorly, Not Good Job for Seniors anymore, Inconsistant everything
My First Job
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLOctober 12, 2018
I always had the night shift and left really late and next morning I had school early and I think that the hardest part for me was leaving at 1 or 2 in the morning to go home sleep 4-5 hours and go back to school. There is nothing to enjoy in the job unless your associates or yourself make it enjoyable. Some manager are annoying other are good then other are really cool as any person. This being my first job I can say I learned a lot and mature with this job. I became more responsible, organize, dependent, etc... Also I learned to better communicate with other people and learned how to react if something bad happens or in case of an accident.
We are a family gets along
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 6, 2018
I enjoy working at Publix it’s been a fun ride. Never thought I would like a job so much. The people are awesome. I have a cool manager. I deal with some of the same or even different people everyday.
Pros
Different things
Cons
Hard to move up
Team building skills, culture, good management
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 2, 2018
Publix is a great career path for anyone to start on. It has a great foundation of culture and continues to grow. Publix is also creating new locations in states outside of Florida which opens many fast paced job advancements. Publix also cares for its employees just as much as their guests that shop in their stores.
Pros
Good Career path, great culture, better than average starting pay
Cons
Hours as part time can be inconsistent yet fixed which makes getting a second job harder than usual
Publix needs better Managers
Grocery Stock Clerk / Seafood/ Floors (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 1, 2018
Publix needs better Managers. One's who keep their Word to their Employee's. Employee's who go "Above and Beyond" for Publix Customers should be given Full Time Employment. Not kept at Part`time status
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
Unprofessional Managers
Ftw
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLOctober 1, 2018
I love Publix. From my experience working in both the deli and grocery departments working with this company means loving your customers. When you look forward to clocking in every day work is easy.
Pros
Subs
Cons
Good company to work for
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GASeptember 29, 2018
Great benefits but you only get the full benefit of it if you are fulltime. Good management team will make a pleasant working experience. Great customer service is a company standard
Pros
Benefits, wages
Cons
Unqualified management
awesome work place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 24, 2018
able to get your job done in time. managers assist if need be. Working at publix changed my life. Great experience for me. I was able to work in an environment were i can help custermers and focus on my job.
Pros
the job experience and how i do my job
Cons
managment telling you what to do everyday
Publix that I worked for sucked!!!!!
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bradenton FloridaSeptember 22, 2018
When I first started at Publix , it was great! I loved the management and Co- workers! Now there’s favoritism and bullying!! They took away bonuses except managers! The pay isn’t enough to live on ! And you have to have open availability in order to get full time! Even though trucks are at the store by 5 am ! It don’t matter how hard you work when managers have their favorites and will give them full time over the ones who have been there longer! Even if you work your days off to cover for call outs or holidays! I HATE that store!!
Pros
Nice customers!!
Cons
Favoritism and bullying
Flexible schedule
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
Part time - Great for high school and college student that live at home with parents and don't have a lot of bills to pay. A typical day at work, you come in your manger tells you your duties for the day complete those and you will be OK. Provide premier customer service while on the floor to the customers.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
healthcare, hours
Publix
Grocery Clerk/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLSeptember 22, 2018
The environment of the store was overall good. The hours were good for me and I liked working with the other employees.
The benefits are good and they were good with giving hours to their associates
While Publix offers great benefits it's hard to live on the pay with the benefits
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2018
For the people who enter publix the minimum paycheck one receives for 40 hours is about 325 after taxes.That equates to about $16,900 a year at most and in Orlando, Florida that's not enough to live off of. The average rent is $1351 which is more than I made in a month, The health benefits subtract $100 from the weekly check thus making it nearly impossible to survive on. The rate in which a promotion may come around for a given store is around once every 2 years. Since promotions are so rare for those not in management it forces employees to scrape by some other means.
Pros
relaxed work environment, flexible scheduling, fair workload for the alotted time
Cons
It's becoming increasingly difficult to move up in the company, The starting pay isn' enough to cover the cost of living in Orlando, Florida. Benefits causes more financial problems than it's worth at entry level
good job security
Winter Park, FL, 32789 - Grocery Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FL 33068September 18, 2018
Publix is a great company for someone who is needing to build experience. They provide awesome job security. With Publix you can start off at any level and they provide great job training to help you move up in the company.
Really is one of the best places to work!
GROCERY TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2018
After I left the company, there isn't any other grocery store like it. If you are trying to find another grocery chain to work for after working for publix everyone is inferior to publix. They have the highest standards and it may be stressful at the time but you really appreciate it after you leave because no other chain cares like publix does.
Pros
Customer compliments for free subs, great health care.
Cons
They arent all over the US
Terrible!
Kings Ridge Clermont - Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Clermont, FLSeptember 11, 2018
The customers are extremely rude. The pay is absolutely terrible, unless you want to live on the street or out of a car. the benefits are apparently good according to managers however i fail to see that along with 99% of the coworkers i have spoken with on this subject. The scheduling is very annoying, one day you close then you have to be back up in two hours to come back for another 10 hour day. Overall a bad company thats given a good name by people who clearly havent worked here.
Great starting place
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Super flexible when I was going to school. Management and coworkers were friendly and helpful if you had a lot of work. Customers were pleasant to deal with.
Fluctuating hours
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingsland, GASeptember 2, 2018
They don’t give enough hours then try to call you in when it’s your day off like that’s ok when they should’ve put you on the schedule to begin with then get mad when say no.
Not an ideal place to work for young people.
Grocery clerk (temporal) (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 30, 2018
Its an alright place to work, if you want to dedicate your life to it you can advance, most managers had over 25 years with the company, that's a lifetime for a young person with bigger goals.
Good if you are okay with a decent environment but not many opportunities to move forward.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 22, 2018
Publix prides itself by promoting itself as a company owned by its employees and competitive benefits, which are still competitive in the industry, but are being diminished by growing corporate greed. Managers, GMs, and Corporate are making cuts on benefits such as bonuses and overtime so that more money is put in their pockets. If you plan on advancing you must follow their rules of treating others under you as lesser than equal and using fear tactics to keep employees in line. Outdated rules such as their no facial hair policy hurt employees who have sensitive skin though Publix owned Greenwise stores allow facial hair and some select stores allow it. Publix is good for kids working through school or anyone planning to advance in the steps in the corporate ladder but not as much for their common employee anymore. It is a shame, but they have made it clear that they want to keep this path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight