Publix Employee Reviews

31.5K
Found 10,090 reviews matching the search See all 10,128 reviews
Great company
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2018
Publix is a great company to work for if you're planning on being there a long time. Publix prides themselves on being owned by their employees, meaning that the stop is private and only purchasable by current employees. After about 3 years, the company actually buys stock for their employees. Who doesn't like free stock? There are other benefits like health, vision, dental, 401K matching, etc. For students, hours are pretty flexible. I had no issue changing my schedule every semester to accommodate my school schedule. For official full-time employees (not part timers who work full time hours) many managers are no as accommodating because being full time is a commitment. Overall, Publix is great for students and people who are looking for great retirement options.
Great community, poor management
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 13, 2018
I had a great time with the daily work at Publix, I enjoyed engaging with customers and working with the stock. I did not enjoy my Produce manager, but the store manager was great.
Productive and good opportunities to learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 13, 2018
This job at publix give you and opportunity to help people daily with their needs. I learned costumer service skills. The hardest moments where when you cannot satisfied all costumers.The managers are very nice and helpful.
had promise, then that flew away
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
Publix used to be a great place to work, with the new changes I can no longer recommend that you pursue a career at Publix. You get no benefits compared to other places of work anymore, raises are cents when they used to be dollars, the health insurance is pitiful, management will demand the most of you yet not do anything themselves, hours can be cut at will for no reason, bad employees get let off the hook constantly but when you mess up after working an 80 hour week you'll be hung. good if you have no other option
Publix was a good company to work for.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work was taking care of customers needs. I learned how to balance all the registers and the back office. I ordered supplies and cash needed. The management was very dedicated to their jobs. Most of the employees got along together and helped out when they were needed in other departments. The hardest part of the job was having customers yelling in our face for no reason.
Steady dependable work atmosphere.
Seafood Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
My time with Publix was fun. I enjoy people and providing quality service was always Publix goal.
If you are a hard worker you can quickly advance to full time. I tell many friends it may not carry a handsome title but your check is always on time and correct. Like any job or career you get out what you decide to put in.
My biggest compliment came to my face directly from the President of Publix. It is those personal rewards that keeps me focused on giving more. You never know who is watching.
Pros
Excellent financially strong company
Cons
Allows no overtime even when covering those who call in and cause a shortage.
Great company
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLJune 13, 2018
I started as a stock clerk and moved my way up into management and my manager took the time to help me when I came time to take the management test. Great company
Fast paced when busy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
It is fast paced when busy but overall it is not much of a stressful job.
The pay in my opinion is not fairly enough. The hours were not very well therefore you will not recieve much compensation.
Publix
Front Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2018
Great place to work for teens. A typical work day can be fast or slow. It. Is a friendly work environment. The managers are always nice and friendly. It is a very clean environment.
Pros
Great for hiring teens
Cons
Low hours
A serious, yet happy place to be
Front Office/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJune 13, 2018
Publix is, in my opinion, a superior place to grocery shop as it is clean, the food is top quality and most of all, the people who work there are extremely helpful.
Fun workplace with uneasy work-hours
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 13, 2018
For working at my previous store #1459, It was very fun in the beginning and a very vibrant work place. Once the summer time roles around, I got less hours but it was understandable, more workers. When the seasonal associates left, I expected to get my hours back, but saw a decline in my hours from minimum of 10 to around 6 or 8 per week. Not the best hours but I never complained. I sadly had to move and I requested a transfer to a store closer to my new home, but there were no openings. I disappointedly had to leave the Publix company but the staff and most of the managers were welcoming and friendly at Publix Store #1459.
Pros
Coupons monthly
Cons
short-timed to no breaks, unpredictable work hours
Customer Service is key
Asst. Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 13, 2018
If you like people and working hard this is the job for you. Don't expect to hear you are doing a good job, you only find out when you have an evaluation. There needs to be more coaching, but it also depends on your relationship with your upper management. Publix needs to allow new managers to complete their training.
Pros
Stock, closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter
Cons
Lack of communication
Its is okay place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Homewood, ALJune 13, 2018
A typical day at publix is where you walk in clock in and be ready to work. I have work at publix for three years I feel like they can get manager with better attitudes
Pros
raises every 6 months
Cons
not feeling appreciated by management team
Fast Paced
Meals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJune 13, 2018
Fast paced work environment. There is room for advancement, but it can be hard balancing work life with your personal life especially if you have a young child or young children.
Pros
stocks
Cons
short breaks
It’s a nice company to working
Cashier/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2018
It’s a real good company to invest in and for your future but they just don’t pay you enough you get paid for your vacation you get paid for sick hours but all based on how long you been at Publix I mean is the really good company for you to get stock Get a valuations
Good for first time jobs
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 12, 2018
If you are looking for your first job this is good for you. Pay depends on experience and the hours are short. If you work overtime it’s a rarity. You have to be fast and good if you want to excel.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Always on your feet
Hard working and enjoy team work .
PRODUCE DEPARTMENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  DeKalb County, GAJune 12, 2018
Busy and productive .I learn how to work under the stress and manage a team . The most enjoyable part of my job is after completing the job on time and see the effort to used .
Inventory Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 12, 2018
Its a good place to work. A typical day at work would be to check in vendors and everything that comes in. For example, bread, beer, and chips. Things that're necessary for the job to be done .I make sure everything is accurate.
benefits
Cons
demote yourself
I should've stayed at my original store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJune 12, 2018
I loved working at Publix until I changed stores. The manager I had not only the employees didn't like so didn't the customers. Publix is a great place to work as long as you have a great team and the customers are great depending on the area most of the time.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no overtime
An amazing place to work!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJune 12, 2018
I loved the management there and how easy going they were, they always were there for you as if they were your own family! They are so flexible with hours and they are always willing to relocate you if you ever feel uncomfortable!
Pros
Flexible hours, stock ownership
Cons
No discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Publix. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight