Pueblo Community College Employee Reviews

best place to work for a short term
LEARNING CENTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 16, 2018
i loved working at PCC. worked in the learning center and it was my home away from home. I enjoyed every day that i was employed there. I was helpful to other students. helped my supervisor with data entry.
Pros
connecting with other students.
Cons
the work load
It was steady fast paced very knowledgeable loved it
Mobile welding lab (Former Employee) –  On yardOctober 11, 2018
I learned more than I could ever imagine made me feel very confident and feel I can tackle any assignment given I live by this code if you're on time you're late if you're early you're on time
Pleasant
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 29, 2018
Work study position that I enjoyed very much. Assisted new and continuing students with admissions and financial aid. Best part of the job was all the people that I was able to interact with on a daily basis.
Student
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COSeptember 25, 2018
It was work study while I attended to classes. This would help me have a small income. This was part of load for college. The teacher taught me few things and do math while I attend classes.
Pros
Short time
Cons
Not much work
Great Place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mancos, COJuly 28, 2018
I enjoy teaching here very much and I love working with the staff there. They promote positive relationships and helpful attitudes. The last director was incredible and was always willing to help out when needed.
I was an adjunct instructor at PCC, on a contract basis
Adjust Instructor, Health Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 19, 2018
The courses I was teaching were changed to on-line, so my services were no longer needed. I felt this was a disservice to the patients, because it was no longer possible to teach "real life" scenarios.
Pros
Good work environment when the course was taught in the classroom.
Cons
Course was changed to on-line course.
Supportive Teaching Environment
part time instructor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 16, 2018
It is relatively easy to find parking. Workspace is allotted for part time instructors as well as support services. Dept. chairs are wonderful to work with.
Hardest part of job is waiting to learn if enough students enroll in the classes you'll be teaching each semester. Your position is contingent on enrollment.
I love working with students.
students leason( stress management)
Student Body Government (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80906July 10, 2018
survey the students and get feed back on there stress levels. create pie chart demonstrate to student council. attend at least two class and government functions other then meetings.
Pros
fun talking to students
Ok for a student.
Tutor of Programming (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 28, 2018
Pueblo Community College is a place where students can work for roughly $10 an hour. It helps a little especially if a person struggles to pay bills while attending school. It cannot support someone fully though as the hours are limited to 20 if also a student.
Work study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 20, 2018
Facilities is a great place to work, It is a work study program so the pay and hours are low. I managed it for 4 years off and on. It's a great place to get experience for future jobs.
productive and fun
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 19, 2018
typical day was starting up all the computers and getting the room ready for students.
Greeting the customers with a friendly smile and providing help
Fun
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 6, 2018
Good place to work. Nice co-workers. Low stress. Friendly clients. Clean facility. Easy- going. Understanding. High energy collaborative team effort interesting facility
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
20 hours work study not enough to live on
Its fine
Facilities Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 30, 2018
Janitorial, so its slow and boring. Which is great if you enjoy that. Fairly laid back besides management. Work study so minimum wage. Nothing extraordinary, nothing terrible.
Pros
Money
Cons
Work, Managers
Very productive
Accounting Technician and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 21, 2018
This is a very organized and opportunity filled place to work. I not only advanced more in interacting with customers but I also learned more about trouble shooting difficult situations. There is lots of different rules and regulations when working in the Accounting Department and many different types of payment method procedures. It was a very beneficial place for me to intern and to build my character as more of a professional than to just be sedentary.
Good Work Environment
Tutor &Peer Mentor Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 12, 2018
It was good to be able to work with my fellow students who needed the guidance. It was nice to be noticed for being able to do the work at hand. I liked the versatile jobs the work opened me up for.
Pros
Geting paid while attending school.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Productive and fun work place
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 7, 2018
I enjoy this job keeps me on my toes and active. Set up are always different everything must be aligned correctly. This job requires dedication and patience.
Pros
Active duties, free lunch sometimes
Cons
Lots of lifting and heavy carring
Pcc
Customer Service Representative/GED Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 1, 2018
Amazing place to work, no matter the job. A lot of great people and opportunity! I learned the proper way to conduct classroom etiquette and where I can improve my skills. Very professional and can open a lot of doors career wise.
Friendly and Motivated Staff
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 26, 2018
The people I worked with at PCC were all supportive and helped motivate me towards my goals. Throughout my time there they helped me achieve a level of understanding that I have yet to find anywhere else.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
low pay
Low pay/no advancement opportunities
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Cañon City, COMarch 23, 2018
Pueblo Community College pays part time employees low wages as well as does not appreciate part time employees. The part timers are considered disposable and easily replaceable.
PCC was a positive working environment
Director, Ctr. for Teaching & Learning (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 7, 2018
The facilities at Pueblo Community College were very new and encouraged students, faculty and staff to work at maximum capacity. Professional development was encouraged and rewarded.