Pueblo Community Health Center Employee Reviews

poor communcation
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  pueblo coloradoOctober 17, 2018
managers and hr are very bad about communicating.Illegal practices abound and manager deletes employee data on server so they can hire their family/friends in violation of federal data rention laws
Pros
few to none
Cons
the job, management and hr
what I learned
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 2, 2018
I had learned alot when i was woring with the company. i loved the patients i had worked wit. evryone was very nice. when you need help to do something they are there to help you
Work
Medical Records Clerk/Transcription Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 8, 2018
PCHC is a low income community health center. Services patients in Pueblo, CO. Is a good facility with about 25 doctors and medical assistants. The hours of operations go into the evenings which makes it great for the patients.
Not a great environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 4, 2018
Very stressful environment, and not because of the patients. Some employees are wonderful, but management is a mess and frequently abuses power. I saw many other employees experience abuse during my time. Pay is not competitive.
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
Awful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 29, 2018
Awful place to work, they are only concerned with getting patients in and out like cattle. The standard of care is lacking and the staff is so busy they overlook or miss information that could be critical. Management is terrible and unprofessional. Too much drama
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Accepts anyone
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 8, 2018
This office is a great place for anyone with low to no income. They have so many doctors and staff that they take care of so many patients all in one day.
Cons
Wait time
Loved working here
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2018
Loved working here. People were friendly. Job was interesting, I felt I learned more and more each and every day. Job was fun and was never bored. Would highly recommend working here to anyone.
Amazing work family
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 17, 2018
As a newbie to Colorado I appreciate getting the honor to work at PCHS. It is a fun and fast pace working environment. Of course every job has its downs but the experience and the opportunity to grow here are endless. Unfortunately, my stay was short due family issues but if I could I would have continued working here for years. The front desk manager was one of the sweetest and understanding person anyone could ask for.
Too much expected of one person
Patient accounts rep (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81004January 4, 2018
They just need more people in the billing department. 2 people for all the Medicare and Medicare replacement. The training is very bad not consistent.
Pros
Excelent benefits
Cons
Too much work for one person.
People made this fun place to work at.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 5, 2017
Very busy and productive. Filing all paperwork and making sure everything was in the right patient files. Talking to pharmacies and lab techs to get right paperwork for the doctors and nurses.
Pros
Meeting new people and helping the patients
Cons
Short lunches
Horrible place
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2016
This institution lures you with promises of a supportive and caring environment but its actions prove otherwise. There is no support from the physicians for advanced practice providers. The EMR system is daunting and there limited education. The patients see multiple providers even when their provider is available. Strongly recommend against working here.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Complete lack of support
stunted organizational culture.
Integrated Care Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81001November 2, 2016
great and talented employees, the organizational culture is prehistoric and does not allow growth opportunities to the masses
Very disorganized
8 Weeks Internship and 1yr 3 months MA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 13, 2015
Many good medical assistant quit because are not apreciated and the dr are very good. Unfortunately the rest of the organization is not very organized and cant take responsability
poor work life balance.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo ColoradoJanuary 8, 2015
expectations are high and support is minimal. uses next Gen EMR. Patient visits are high as is staff and provider turn over. multiple programs and grants for which documentation must be completed. visits are 10 per half day with no administration time for providers. EMR confounds the paperwork issue with redundant files and duplications of work. workflow is inconsistent and middle management is in flux
Pros
Providing care to an underserved population
Cons
poor insurance coverage and work flow, poor training
challenging but rewarding work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2014
I work here part time. I like that it keeps me well rounded and up to date on many different aspects of family medicine. I see a wide variety of patients and complaints. I have my own MA. It is nice to serve a population that is in dire need of care but, occasionally the combination of the complexity of cases and the sheer patient load can be daunting. Still, the staff and administration are supportive and provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
Pros
flexible hours, support staff, healthcare offers, loan repayment, see a wide variety of patients
I enjoyed working for Pueblo Community Health Center
Enrollment Representive (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 24, 2014
Sometimes unfortunate things happen in life and sometimes it's just time to move on.
Fast-paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of being on the phone triaging patients' symptoms and scheduling them accordingly.
Hardest part of the job was having a large call volume and no enough available appointments available.
Management is absolutely terrible! Be warned- do not get involved, you will regret it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 20, 2014
This organization is one of the most disorganized and unprofessional places I have ever seen. Most of what they do is simply to look good on paper and for when they get inspected, which is not nearly enough.

Now that Obamacare is in effect and the patients have a choice of where to be seen and not trapped having to go to them, they are starting to leave. I don't blame them one bit. I would too.

Do yourself a favor and don't get involved! I had heard that it used to be a good place, but that was before the new CEO took over. He is running the place into the ground.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management is absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! Do the bare minimum and just to look good.
Excellent Company
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 18, 2014
I used to work for PCHC and wish I had never left. They have the utmost respect for employees and patients, and patient care is their number 1 priority. The management and employees are great to work with and the medical staff is the best medical staff I have ever worked with.

They have the highest integrity of any company I have ever been employed with, which makes it very annoying to see an ex-employee bash PCHC on here just because they are disgruntled. Anyone who bashes them like that are either knowingly lying or could use PCHC's excellent Mental Health services.
Pros
Highest of quality care, great people, high integrity
Cons
Absolutely none!
fun workplace
medical assistant-extrn (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 19, 2013
everyday we did the same thing so i aways knew what i was suppose to be doing. it helped refresh my memory by putting the charts into the computer. the coworkers were very friendly
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
only 1 break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pueblo Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Pueblo Community Health Center Reviews by Location