Pueblo Community Health Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Accepts anyone
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 8, 2018
This office is a great place for anyone with low to no income. They have so many doctors and staff that they take care of so many patients all in one day.
Cons
Wait time
Loved working here
CCMA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2018
Loved working here. People were friendly. Job was interesting, I felt I learned more and more each and every day. Job was fun and was never bored. Would highly recommend working here to anyone.
Amazing work family
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 17, 2018
As a newbie to Colorado I appreciate getting the honor to work at PCHS. It is a fun and fast pace working environment. Of course every job has its downs but the experience and the opportunity to grow here are endless. Unfortunately, my stay was short due family issues but if I could I would have continued working here for years. The front desk manager was one of the sweetest and understanding person anyone could ask for.
Too much expected of one person
Patient accounts rep (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81004January 4, 2018
They just need more people in the billing department. 2 people for all the Medicare and Medicare replacement. The training is very bad not consistent.
Pros
Excelent benefits
Cons
Too much work for one person.
Love the job itself
Lead Electronic Medical Record Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 29, 2017
I learned everything I know from this employer. I can fit in anywhere if given the chance. My management was inexperienced, so made it hard to work at times.

Loved the job if under different management, not the reason I left.
People made this fun place to work at.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 5, 2017
Very busy and productive. Filing all paperwork and making sure everything was in the right patient files. Talking to pharmacies and lab techs to get right paperwork for the doctors and nurses.
Pros
Meeting new people and helping the patients
Cons
Short lunches
Horrible place
Physician Assistant-Certified (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2016
This institution lures you with promises of a supportive and caring environment but its actions prove otherwise. There is no support from the physicians for advanced practice providers. The EMR system is daunting and there limited education. The patients see multiple providers even when their provider is available. Strongly recommend against working here.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Complete lack of support
stunted organizational culture.
Integrated Care Assessment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CO 81001November 2, 2016
great and talented employees, the organizational culture is prehistoric and does not allow growth opportunities to the masses
Very disorganized
8 Weeks Internship and 1yr 3 months MA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 13, 2015
Many good medical assistant quit because are not apreciated and the dr are very good. Unfortunately the rest of the organization is not very organized and cant take responsability
poor work life balance.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pueblo ColoradoJanuary 8, 2015
expectations are high and support is minimal. uses next Gen EMR. Patient visits are high as is staff and provider turn over. multiple programs and grants for which documentation must be completed. visits are 10 per half day with no administration time for providers. EMR confounds the paperwork issue with redundant files and duplications of work. workflow is inconsistent and middle management is in flux
Pros
Providing care to an underserved population
Cons
poor insurance coverage and work flow, poor training

Want to know more about Pueblo Community Health Center?

Ask a question
challenging but rewarding work
Physician (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 27, 2014
I work here part time. I like that it keeps me well rounded and up to date on many different aspects of family medicine. I see a wide variety of patients and complaints. I have my own MA. It is nice to serve a population that is in dire need of care but, occasionally the combination of the complexity of cases and the sheer patient load can be daunting. Still, the staff and administration are supportive and provide a challenging and rewarding work experience.
Pros
flexible hours, support staff, healthcare offers, loan repayment, see a wide variety of patients
I enjoyed working for Pueblo Community Health Center
Enrollment Representive (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 24, 2014
Sometimes unfortunate things happen in life and sometimes it's just time to move on.
Fast-paced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 20, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of being on the phone triaging patients' symptoms and scheduling them accordingly.
Hardest part of the job was having a large call volume and no enough available appointments available.
Management is absolutely terrible! Be warned- do not get involved, you will regret it.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 20, 2014
This organization is one of the most disorganized and unprofessional places I have ever seen. Most of what they do is simply to look good on paper and for when they get inspected, which is not nearly enough.

Now that Obamacare is in effect and the patients have a choice of where to be seen and not trapped having to go to them, they are starting to leave. I don't blame them one bit. I would too.

Do yourself a favor and don't get involved! I had heard that it used to be a good place, but that was before the new CEO took over. He is running the place into the ground.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management is absolutely TERRIBLE!!!! Do the bare minimum and just to look good.
Excellent Company
Mgmt (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 18, 2014
I used to work for PCHC and wish I had never left. They have the utmost respect for employees and patients, and patient care is their number 1 priority. The management and employees are great to work with and the medical staff is the best medical staff I have ever worked with.

They have the highest integrity of any company I have ever been employed with, which makes it very annoying to see an ex-employee bash PCHC on here just because they are disgruntled. Anyone who bashes them like that are either knowingly lying or could use PCHC's excellent Mental Health services.
Pros
Highest of quality care, great people, high integrity
Cons
Absolutely none!
fun workplace
medical assistant-extrn (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 19, 2013
everyday we did the same thing so i aways knew what i was suppose to be doing. it helped refresh my memory by putting the charts into the computer. the coworkers were very friendly
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
only 1 break
Very corrupt and dishonest organization
Doctor (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CoMarch 26, 2013
Beware!!
This organization is very corrupt and unprofessional.
Management and board work together to legally cover each other and hide unethical and illegal behavior from the community at large.
Was a provider there for many years and saw directly on multiple levels the biased and unethical activities. Nepotism, mismanagement, negligence of patient care, and compromised quality are rampant. The staff members either ignore or don't recognize the behavior and everyone is afraid to say anything to anyone in the higher ranks for fear of being fired.
In the many years I was there full time, our department never had a staff meeting initiated by the director. The only organizational templates generated were those implemented through requirements for FQHC, or grants and not to increase either quality or efficiency of patient care.
It is a complete shame that this is the only healthcare option for so many Puebloans. We deserve better.
Pros
don't have to work hard if you don't want to, can do what you want
Cons
everything mentioned below, and much more
Accomplishment. Meeting daily obligations.
Externship. Tech. Billing and coding. (Former Employee) –  110 E. ROUTT AVE. PUEBLO, CO.February 26, 2013
I enjoy a busy enviroment. Whether i'm working the office, clinic, or as a tech in billing and coding. I always put my proffession before my personal life. So if i'mever asked to stay later or come in on my day off, i'm always available. I get along with eveveryone, even if they don't like me. Again, proffession comes first.
Pros
great enviroment. free lunch wensdays.
Cons
none. i enjoyed every aspect.
Great place to work family oriented
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 19, 2012
Come in pull labs or patient files, get rooms ready for patients, take vitals, make follow up appointments. Return patient calls. call in prescriptions to pharmacy. Electronic records Doctors were great w to work with. Coming to work was enjoyable
Pros
fast paced
Professional and caring compassionate place of employment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  300 Colorado Ave Pueblo ColoradoAugust 29, 2012
A Typical day at PCHC- very rewarding
I learned the value of being a valuable team player that follows procedures with precision and accuracy.
Management- Compassionate, caring, professional and family oriented, they care about the staff.
The hardest part of the job was having to part ways.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and the staff.
Pros
working for pchc you were respected as a professional well you got to care for people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pueblo Community Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Pueblo Community Health Center Reviews by Location