Puget Sound Energy Employee Reviews

Internal culture
contractor (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WASeptember 13, 2018
I had previously wanted to work for PSE. I got in through a contract. I didn’t like or fit in with the culture, it was too gossipy, cliche and entitled for me. I know the quiet people in the office didn’t like dealing with the loud people in the office.
Pros
Free coffee and some flexibility and professional development
Cons
Cubicle country and loud coworkers
Great company
Facilities Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WASeptember 11, 2018
Great company to work for. My manager was a true leader, firm but fair. The team I worked with was very fair and took in everyone's opinion. Family and safety come first with this company.
Pros
Family first
Cons
Hard to move up in company
Not a bad place to work, but has steadily gotten worse in the time I've been there.
Customer Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2018
My immediate supervisor and the people I work with are awesome. However, the current CEO is terrible. She has consistently cut benefits and is universally disliked. Morale has suffered greatly during her tenure as a result.
Average company
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellevue,WaAugust 30, 2018
Company’s management is only about the bottom line for investors. There is a lot of talk about how great of company it is, it average. Company is concerned about keeping younger workers and is trying to become a more hip place to work in order to attract and keep young people.
Pros
Stable place to work.
Cons
Depends entirely on the group/dept you’re in.
It's Union
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 14, 2018
Most of the positions within PSE are union based, so, the people who should be fired for not performing at an adequate level, are never fired because they are protected by the severely hands on union reps. Not to mention that most of the people within in the customer service call center were vastly obese, and constantly smelled of rotten flesh or bo. It was a very uncomfortable place to work, but hey, at least there were good benefits and great pay.
Puget Sound Energy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for PSE it was a seasonal job with no for sure placement when season was over so made hard to not look for other employment. Also some management was not the best
Low pay but great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2018
I felt that the pay wasn't reflective of the current market. There wasn't a clear path for career advancement unless you're an engineer or in project management. Those that started as lower pay grades often take far longer to get to a competitive pay range than external candidates which devalues loyal/existing employees.
Pros
Great, dedicated, smart people to work with
Cons
Low pay, decisions take forever, no one feels empowered to make a decision on their own
Great supportive team and fun environment.,too many hours and less than minimum wage.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 28, 2018
Great supportive team and fun environment.
.,too many hours and less than minimum wage.
No sick leave and actually punished even if you have a doctors note.
Pros
Great supportive team and fun environment.
Cons
no sick leave and actually punished even punished if you have a doctors note.
Great strides toward employee satisfaction in the last 5 years.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 16, 2018
It’s been a really great place to work overall. The people are lively, they offer a flexible work schedule, the PTO policy works great for me, and mostly I feel like I am fairly compensated for the work I do. The company is a little behind the times in technology for the industry, but now we are playing catch-up and it’s quite exciting to be a part of the implementation of new tech and strategy in the energy world.
Pros
Pto, retirement program, flexible work schedules, great people
Cons
An be hard to move around the company in different positions. Pay is below average for the region.
Low Stress Envireonment
Integration & Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at PSE. I felt like I was part of the team from day one. My manager didn't feel like a boss. He felt like an accommodator. They are focused on work/life balance.

One caveat, I was a contractor, so your mileage may vary.
Pros
great managers, low stress
Company culture
Internal Audit Coordinator/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 3, 2018
PSE was a great place to work for an older worker. Very structured work environment and dedicated to maintaining great employees. Flexible in work hours.
Nice Place to work
Senior Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 7, 2018
I enjoyed Working here. I was at PSE for about 8 years. Towards the end though, I was not getting Job advancements and was underpaid for my skill level.
Consultants wasting the company's $, poor workflow processes, unnecessary politics that stifle workflow processes
Material Coordinator 1 (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2018
Poor workflow processes, too many consultants wasting $, management is friends w/each other-causing unfairness & creating unnecessary politics at work.
However, many of the people there are helpful and supportive.
Pros
nice people there
Cons
too many meetings about changing things, rather than simply changing things!
My manager expected me to lie.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2018
My experience was not good.
It was a hectic environment with some people stabbing you in the back. My manager had too much on his plate and was not doing a good job. He expected me to lie about my skills to the Project Manager so they would accept me on their team.
Customer Service Role - Stay for Experience and get out!
Customer Service Representative 1 - Secondary (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 10, 2018
Almost no career advancement opportunities.

If you want to take a step back in time to the 1970's-1980's then this is the company for you. Don't bother trying to improve processes as new ideas are typically not tolerated.
Work Overload.
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 6, 2018
Co-workers are nice. Management focused on bottom line and not staff. Stress due to deadlines and goals are beyond the norm. As a result, workplace culture suffers.
Not much changes, and when it does, it is very slow
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 4, 2018
The energy company isn't really competing with anyone. And the people who work there know that. So there's not a lot of urgency or desire to change for the better. So expect mediocrity, and lots of it. You are not going to come in with any fresh ideas. Just come to work, do your job, and collect the little bit of pay they're giving you. If that's your style, PSE is for you! If you're ambitious, stay far away.
Work conditions
Project Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 1, 2018
At PSE I was a contractor supporting the IT department as they deployed new tools for the company. Coming from Microsoft, I didn't find the job very challenging. People were friendly and always ready to help.
Quiet lobby receiptionist
Backup Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Opened the front doors at start of day, sorted mail as it arrived and validated parking for guest that visited.

It was an exceptionally easy job to get to as is was within walking distance to the transit center in downtown Bellevue.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Not enough to do.
Management Waffles
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Would be a good place to work if management would stick with a strategy. It seems like management would make a change but not give it enough time to work and go in another direction. So always repeating the same error
Pros
great benefits and good work culture
Cons
Mangement can't stick with a vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Puget Sound Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight