Puget Sound Energy Employee Reviews

Puget Sound Energy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for PSE it was a seasonal job with no for sure placement when season was over so made hard to not look for other employment. Also some management was not the best
Low pay but great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 29, 2018
I felt that the pay wasn't reflective of the current market. There wasn't a clear path for career advancement unless you're an engineer or in project management. Those that started as lower pay grades often take far longer to get to a competitive pay range than external candidates which devalues loyal/existing employees.
Pros
Great, dedicated, smart people to work with
Cons
Low pay, decisions take forever, no one feels empowered to make a decision on their own
Great supportive team and fun environment.,too many hours and less than minimum wage.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 28, 2018
Great supportive team and fun environment.
.,too many hours and less than minimum wage.
No sick leave and actually punished even if you have a doctors note.
Pros
Great supportive team and fun environment.
Cons
no sick leave and actually punished even punished if you have a doctors note.
Great strides toward employee satisfaction in the last 5 years.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 16, 2018
It’s been a really great place to work overall. The people are lively, they offer a flexible work schedule, the PTO policy works great for me, and mostly I feel like I am fairly compensated for the work I do. The company is a little behind the times in technology for the industry, but now we are playing catch-up and it’s quite exciting to be a part of the implementation of new tech and strategy in the energy world.
Pros
Pto, retirement program, flexible work schedules, great people
Cons
An be hard to move around the company in different positions. Pay is below average for the region.
Low Stress Envireonment
Integration & Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WAJune 4, 2018
I enjoyed working at PSE. I felt like I was part of the team from day one. My manager didn't feel like a boss. He felt like an accommodator. They are focused on work/life balance.

One caveat, I was a contractor, so your mileage may vary.
Pros
great managers, low stress
Company culture
Internal Audit Coordinator/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 3, 2018
PSE was a great place to work for an older worker. Very structured work environment and dedicated to maintaining great employees. Flexible in work hours.
Nice Place to work
Senior Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 7, 2018
I enjoyed Working here. I was at PSE for about 8 years. Towards the end though, I was not getting Job advancements and was underpaid for my skill level.
Consultants wasting the company's $, poor workflow processes, unnecessary politics that stifle workflow processes
Material Coordinator 1 (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2018
Poor workflow processes, too many consultants wasting $, management is friends w/each other-causing unfairness & creating unnecessary politics at work.
However, many of the people there are helpful and supportive.
Pros
nice people there
Cons
too many meetings about changing things, rather than simply changing things!
My manager expected me to lie.
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 5, 2018
My experience was not good.
It was a hectic environment with some people stabbing you in the back. My manager had too much on his plate and was not doing a good job. He expected me to lie about my skills to the Project Manager so they would accept me on their team.
Customer Service Role - Stay for Experience and get out!
Customer Service Representative 1 - Secondary (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 10, 2018
Almost no career advancement opportunities.

If you want to take a step back in time to the 1970's-1980's then this is the company for you. Don't bother trying to improve processes as new ideas are typically not tolerated.
Work Overload.
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAMarch 6, 2018
Co-workers are nice. Management focused on bottom line and not staff. Stress due to deadlines and goals are beyond the norm. As a result, workplace culture suffers.
Not much changes, and when it does, it is very slow
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 4, 2018
The energy company isn't really competing with anyone. And the people who work there know that. So there's not a lot of urgency or desire to change for the better. So expect mediocrity, and lots of it. You are not going to come in with any fresh ideas. Just come to work, do your job, and collect the little bit of pay they're giving you. If that's your style, PSE is for you! If you're ambitious, stay far away.
Work conditions
Project Financial Controller (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 1, 2018
At PSE I was a contractor supporting the IT department as they deployed new tools for the company. Coming from Microsoft, I didn't find the job very challenging. People were friendly and always ready to help.
Quiet lobby receiptionist
Backup Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 26, 2018
Opened the front doors at start of day, sorted mail as it arrived and validated parking for guest that visited.

It was an exceptionally easy job to get to as is was within walking distance to the transit center in downtown Bellevue.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Not enough to do.
Management Waffles
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Would be a good place to work if management would stick with a strategy. It seems like management would make a change but not give it enough time to work and go in another direction. So always repeating the same error
Pros
great benefits and good work culture
Cons
Mangement can't stick with a vision
Learning new information daily
Gas Worker Trainee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98108February 15, 2018
For the project my group is apart of is to locate old service though the use of maps & records. Drive to various locations to determine if there was any old gas service above ground to the selected property. Record any findings to journeyman.
Pros
relaxed and unlimited growth
Cons
being on the road all day can be exhausting
Seasonal CSR
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAFebruary 8, 2018
My manager was awesome! The team I worked with are close friends to this day. Loved my time there. Only left because my time was over. Moved back to Utah and they hired more permanent people about 4 months later. Wish I would have stayed in Washington lol
Work environment summary
SAP EAM Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 3, 2018
Pretty Good place to work over all competitive environment. Resolve the work management issue work on enhancement.Very supportive colleagues. Some of the rules for contracting are very strange that is quite understandable.
good company
Engineering Mapping Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 2, 2018
i believe it was one of the best place i ever worked. relaxing and environment was nice, however, pay is a little low due to it is a public utility company.
Customer service vs. Salary
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 14, 2017
Working in Customer Service for PSE was a lot different than working outside of the Union and for a salaried position. They are unwilling to work with you for time off but benefits are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Puget Sound Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight