PulteGroup, Inc Employee Reviews

Happy to Move on
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
This is a great company to work for if you are willing to spend the rest of your life at work. Turn over is high and management shows a lack of concern overworking employees.
Branch Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work. Great benefits. Flexible schedule. Can work remotely at times. Relocation available.

Culture is also good. Good discounts on a home purchase for employees.
Need to suck up to stay
Proc (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 12, 2019
Sweat shop mentality
Unrealistic goals
Tried to make it better with balloons
Totally depends on what manager you get and even then they have limited ability to assist
Pros
Coworkers are awesome
Cons
Manager
Great company but narrow minded short term goals for investors
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Treat their employees great and a great way to make money but it is not easy to move up quickly. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the perks of working for the company. They have a serious need to improve their operations environmentally.
Productive Environment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Pulte was a great place to work. Lots of room for advancement and personal growth. Fun activities and events for all employees. Training and career advancement opportunities were always available. The reduction in workforce and closure of branches ultimately meant the loss of jobs in the 2008 housing crash.
Great people to work with
Host (Cust. Ser.), Francine Wallace, Gen'l Mgr (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CADecember 27, 2018
I would work for them again locally. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Had fun interfacing with customers and clients. Nice office to work in and close to home.
Easy job, nice people
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alva, FLDecember 16, 2018
I enjoy meeting prospective buyers. Very relaxed environment. Good company and good construction of homes they build.

Typical day - greet prospective buyers, show house, answer questions
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not permanent position
Turn and burn
Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 11, 2018
Great training program but turn and burn company with LO’s. Pulte group works hard to train but not to retain employees. They overhire and cut jobs when over employeed
Pros
Good money
Cons
Turn and burn
Save yourself
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
Work days are stressful. You're "graded" on your work. Work will get rejected and returned to you. They track the amount of errors you have and it hurts you in the long run. (accounting.)
Toxic work enviroment
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
Many female employees experienced harassment. Once reported to HR, those employees became a target and still experienced harassment. There are over 70 lawsuits against Pulte.
Customer Care Manager
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2018
A typical day of work would consist of me arriving to my job site adhering to a calendar schedule to meet home owners and address concerns if any. Walk the neighborhood and continue appoints as needed. I was able to gain better time management skills as well as advanced problem solving skills when it comes to customer service. The most enjoyable part about my previous job was the interaction between home owners.
Loan officer for new Pulte homes all over US
Sr. Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2018
Chain of command was lacking and sometimes you had to make your own underwriting decisions since supr not available. If supr did not like your decision you could be written up. Overall office environment was very satisfactory and ample time given for lunch and breaks. Sometimes we even had to work overtime if alot of new homes were purchased
Pros
good working conditions, decent salary plus commission plus bonus
Cons
Could not manage whether customers would buy homes
Great company to work for
Field Marketing Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 20, 2018
Strong leadership, smart growth plan and excellent corporate culture that extends out to all geographic regions the company operates in. Commitment to employees, customers and the product is second to none.
Stressful and cut throat
N/A (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 16, 2018
I worked there for two years. My manager was amazing. Overall company only think about the dollar signs. They push you so hard you literally get sick. The bonus structure is horrible. Salary was competitive. But they will let you go and replace you in a minute. Horrible turnover rate. One other thing. Pulte is known for their training so If anything you can take that training and get a hire paying job. Its is a real bummer to see a place you think is amazing and you get in and it becomes a nightmare
Pros
A few nice lunches and Christmas Party
Cons
Stressful, very large work loads that are not reasonable
Superintendent/ project manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 1, 2018
I don’t care to leave one.I have nothing bad to say about the about pulte group. It is a great organization and a fortune 500 company. We build a great house and I would own one myself. Best production build a home on the market.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Good
NEW HOME SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 24, 2018
Working at Pulte in multiple divisions was rewarding and had met my expectations in every way. I enjoyed meeting future homeowners and getting to know their wants and needs. It gave me great pleasure finding family homes that they would build new memories in.
Mediocre management; take ideas from employees; use as their own
Builder and Customer Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2018
I worked an 8 hour day as a customer relations manager. Some days were stressful working with difficult home owners. I enjoyed working with my peers but management was ego driven which was the hardest part to deal with. I enjoyed building relationships with the home owners and seeing their satisfaction with their homes.
Cons
Ego driven management; unwilling to work with individuals
New Construction
Sales Agent/Sales Manager/Licensed Realtor (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 20, 2018
Its a very large organization building in over 40 states. They provided the tools and training you needed to succeed. Sales is very competitive and rewarding
Pros
Culture and people
Cons
Very demanding
Average company at best
Vender Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2018
This is a good company for beginners right after college. But as far as advancement it is slime to none.
Culture was very free. But supervision was very lacking.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
NO career advancement, salary is mediocore.
There are some good things and bad things
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 1, 2018
Very stressful. Chaotic everyday. Other than that, I have nothing else to write. Not sure why I'm being forced to write this review. There is some rapport among coworkers as well.
Pros
Chaos is routine, great rapport with other builders
Cons
There is always chaos, new homeowners freak out and make your life miserable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight