PulteGroup, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Close knit group
Escrow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
For a long time we had great work environment with a close knit group of employees. Unfortunately people left for various reasons and management changes resulted in a more stressful work environment.
Pros
Company activities after hours
Cons
Job pressure
Great Internship
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJuly 13, 2018
I interned here for 6 months and had a blast learning and being exposed to how the corporate work life was. There is not much to know besides the fact they were a great environment for interns and ensured you understood how the work life is.
Takes good care of employees.
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLJuly 13, 2018
Stressful work but the company is good to their people. Good compensation and benefits. Positive culture strongly encouraged. Management is very helpful when needed but allows you to work independently.
Great company!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 20, 2018
Great company! PulteGroup Inc. really cares about their employees and it shows. Through the day to day interaction with management as well as the event PulteGroup Inc. puts on this is a fantastic place to work!
This is high stress low pay.
Field Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 18, 2018
I’m very disappointed in the management. They ask for more than a person has time to give. They get a zero on work life balance. This could be a great company to work for, but upper management is driven by bonuses. This is a big problem and home quality suffers. I would never buy a Pulte home.
Great work/life balance
Market Intelligence Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
Provided career advancement opportunities and strongly involved in employee learning and training. I loved the flexible hours and work from home options available here.
Pros
Flexible hours, growth opportunities within the company and great benefits package
Cons
Less transparency between managers and employess
Not a bad company to work for.
AP Audit Supervisor, National Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIJune 8, 2018
This was a good company but the leadership was not very focused. They set up a national shared services in Michigan only to move it a few years later to Atlanta.
Interesting
Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 4, 2018
Worked there briefly on a contract and had great colleagues. The culture was laid back and management was friendly, summer fridays were a plus! I would return.
feedback
Manager of Market Intelligence and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 31, 2018
The company is returns driven and often enough it forgets to value its employees. Open Communication is an issue. It does not have enough transparency and messages are not tricked down timely or at all.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Office Personnel (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2018
The best part of working for Pulte is the people. The people are the ones who make the culture. The work can be fast paced but the people are amazing.
Pros
The people
Great Place to Work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 24, 2018
They feed you breakfast and lunch everyday, with good pay, to bad they had to relocate. Pretty casual laid back, always having events in office and outside the office to keep employee moral boosted.
Intern
Intern (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2018
At Pulte Group, my typical day as an intern would be managing malware and phishing emails coming in the network daily. I would contact customers, regarding the email they received. I also got insight on how the Infrastructure Team works and what they do. I really enjoyed my time there. When I got there everyone was so welcoming and made me feel like at home.
new home builder/mortgage lender
Specialized Loan Consultant / Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112May 23, 2018
worked with new home buyers on loan programs and loan approval, negotiated rates, updated and provided mortgage documents to borrowers. I learned all programs such as USDA, FHA, VA, conventional, first and seconds, and jumbo loans.
High level stress due to volume of loans ( I had 150 in backlog at time of Xmas and closed 42), environment very cramped and loud.
I enjoyed provided a great mortgage experience for the borrower
Pros
great Xmas parties, occasional team outing
Cons
small desks, cramped office space, very noisy
Production
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2018
Typical day at work starts early to open the job site or community.
Plan out the week to keep the homes building schedules on track.
Prioritizing what contractors need to go to different sites. Keeping construction sites safe. Making sure the plans are compliant state laws and business standards.
Workplace culture was good, management not so good.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 21, 2018
Workplace culture was good, management not so good. Overall a fun place to work, but workplace politics was out of control. The free lunches were a great time to get to know fellow employees.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
management not so good
Dynamite Team!
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMay 12, 2018
The team I built over my tenure was dynamite! Well trained, motivated, highly efficient, results-oriented and ability to command 12-30% over the market pricing and YOY growth of 26% from 2016 to 2017! The culture we built was infectious and the legacy I was able to leave was as a 'Positive Solution Seeker!'
Great benefits and productive team
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 10, 2018
Very family oriented company. Wide array of opportunities for professional advancement. Management is top notch, specifically in the procurement department.
Pulte Homes
Customer Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 3, 2018
The best part of my job was meet the home owners and taking care of their needs as home owners. I was able to learn a lot about the way a home is constructed. Very kind place to work.
Cliques, Politics and Opportunities
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
The company itself can be amazing!! The individuals within the company are dysfunctional, The company has a lot of favoritism and separation by departments and cliques within each department. A ton of politics, gossiping and backstabbing when I was there. I was not involved but it was extremely hard to turn a blind eye to mistreatment of others.

However, if you can ignore and turn a cold heart like the rest of the world and not care how others are treated then this is the company for you! Pulte is actually an AMAZING company that is staffed with the right servant heart individuals with warrior spirits can change a company culture and ultimately reviews. ;-)
Pros
Area, Location, Decor, Amenities, Advancement
Cons
Politics and Lack of Inclusion
Great company
Lead QA Tester, Software & Integration Group (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 19, 2018
Company was great! After purchasing DelWebb homes, the pace was incredible. The dev team was incredible and what we achieved was nothing less then an incredible experience all around
Pros
Awesome Work
Cons
Contract Ended

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PulteGroup, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight